Start by marking “We Should All Be Mirandas: Life Lessons from Sex and the City’s Most Underrated Character” as Want to Read:

A snarky guide to life inspired by the most underrated character on Sex and the City, from the creators of the Instagram sensation @everyoutfitonSATC

When Sex and the City premiered, many were hesitant to identify as the Miranda of their social circle—after all, sarcasm, workaholism, and dubious fashion choices are rarely considered aspirational. However, in the two-plus d
Published October 15th 2019 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about We Should All Be Mirandas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Should All Be Mirandas

Start your review of We Should All Be Mirandas: Life Lessons from Sex and the City’s Most Underrated Character
Samantha
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t help but wonder...Could instagram influencers actually produce a good book?

(Sorry, I had to).

I’m generally skeptical of books that capitalize on fleeting internet fame, those coming from Instagram influencers generally being the worst of the lot. But the two ladies who run the Every Outfit on SATC account are so clever and entertaining that I thought this one was worth a shot.

And I’m pleased to report it was loads of fun to read.

Certainly, this is all fluff content, but hey, so was
Vanessa Ferreyra
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
As a huge fan of SATC I had to read this. If you are a fan of this show you will love this book full of sarcasm.
Míša Kuníková
just loved this book! Real treasure for sex and the city lovers but also fot he ones who have new watched it. Funny, sarcastic, self-love book! Miranda became my favourite character, indeed.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4 STARS

A great satirical trip back to Sex and the City where Miranda Hobbes finally gets her dues. Great for any bookshelf or coffee table of any SATC fan.
Lea Friedel
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Damn, first I liked it so much. Funny, sarcastic surviving-modern-life advise.
But then I couldn't get over the fact that their dieting tricks are ridiculous. Also I couldn't read sarcism between the lines anymore, please tell me if I am wrong.
Sure, eating healthy is a thing. But I will never eat "a single ice cube" (ehm, healthy since when?) instead of ice cream. Also, eating a carrot instead of carrot cake is a gateway to eating disorders. Thanks but I didn't mean to buy a pro ana book, and n
Michalla
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a Sex and the City fan look no further. This book celebrates Miranda who was until recently overlooked. It was entertaining and included all the most iconic moments from the show. The book even convinced me to reconsider which character I identify with- I am now a proud Miranda with a Charlotte rising. Just be aware... it’s not the most appropriate book for public transport. Highly recommend💓
Ingstje
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I normally don’t read this type of non-fiction but I watched all the episodes of Sex and The City on tv many years ago and felt nostalgic. Didn’t we all secretly envy Carrie? Well did you ever stop to think that maybe you’re actually a Miranda and that being a Miranda is just as cool if not better than being a Carrie? Me neither but this little book made me change my mind radically.

The novel makes you appreciate the Miranda in you, hell it makes you love yourself a little more for whoever you ar
Dawn O. | Left Coast Reader
(Free copy provided by the publisher) A hilarious parody celebrating the underrated feminist Miranda Hobbes of SATC.🧑🏻‍🦰 What a fun journey thru the series best of times this was! Waaay back when I watched the series on HBO before binge watching was a thing, Miranda was the character I least identified with. My life has changed so much since then and I’m giving praise to her today because I most definitely fall into the Miranda-esque style - take charge, no bullshit, if it sounds too good to be ...more
Gigi
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Non-fiction is so not-my-style, but as a big fan of Sex And The City, this was too intruguing to pass up!

It was a fun and witty read on how to adopt Miranda's no-bull shit attitude towards love, life, sex and fashion.

I highly recommend this one for lovers of Sex and the city!
Angela
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun book about the best SATC character.
Anna Rubingh
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, a must read for any avid SATC fan. The illustrations are incredible and a great added bonus to the book.
Lauren
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so fun!
Stacy
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! I wish I could have read this while I was still single.
Mon
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so damn good. Going to put my foot down and say it’s my favourite book for 2020!
This book... made me feel seen (that sounds super wanky but it did)
Amanda Belcher
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm only counting this because I've surpassed my reading goal -- mostly I just flipped through and read the parts that interested me. ...more
Kamille
Oct 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
What was this book about? Advice? So confused about the purpose.
Jaimie
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Self-help books, motivational speeches, and affirmations are not for Miandas, but this book is anything but. In an age of extravagance, over-indulgence, and fear-fueled news cycles we are brought to the conclusion that we should all be Mirandas - as the often sole voice of reason and reality (if tinged with a healthy dose of cynicism) we must embrace this often maligned and left behind character, if only for the sake of the survival of the little sanity we have left.

I'm sure that like most peop
Rikke Jensen
I was confused as to what to think of this book while reading it. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I've been following the Instagram account behind the book for a little over a year, and was still surprised when the book wasn't entirely self-help. Of course a fan account would write a fan book, because that's what it is.

The book is written by Mirandas, for other Mirandas, about Miranda - and that's about it to be honest. Sometimes the book goes overboard with the fan-girling to the extend,
Mary Katherine
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
To know me is to know my love for all things Sex and the City (except for the second movie). I follow the Instagram account "Every Outfit on Sex & the City," run by the book's authors, Chelsea Fairless and Lauren Garonni. So, I was thrilled when my friend, Kim, gave me "We Should All be Mirandas" for Christmas. This book is witty and very smartly written. As the description says, it is a celebration of Miranda "and the legions of fans who relate to her pragmatic, no-bullshit approach to work, lo ...more
Samantha Fraenkel
Part relationship and self help guide, humour book, and love letter to the unsung hero of Sex and the City, Miranda Hobbes. Funny and full of advice on how to live your best life as per Miranda. So (to paraphrase Miranda) if you enjoy drinking coffee, having sex, buying pies, and battery operated devices, as well as having a a love of Sex and the City, then this is one to check out.

ARC Provided by NetGalley
Susan
Sep 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked this. It surprised me by being more of a self-help book than a humor book (I sort of thought it was going to be a parody of a self-help book, but it was a genuine self-help book). But hey, it gave good advice and kept it real and was still plenty funny with lots of callbacks to the show. I think my favorite thing about it was the illustrations; they were perfect and gave the book a distinct and original style. This book is great for anyone who loves Miranda, the unsung hero of Sex and th ...more
Mariana Afonso | Books Of My Own
Fun, light and easy to read - what I expected from this read and what I got!

Reading or watching content inspired by Sex and the City is always a good idea to me.
In this book, Miranda’s character is acknowledged for her magnificent example for all of the 21st century women. Picking on many of Miranda’s traits and stories, we are guided to embrace our inner Miranda’s, and reach the conclusion that who we are is amazing, and we should never try to hide it or be a different person.
David Mahoney
Jan 09, 2021 rated it liked it
If Miranda from Sex and the City wrote a self help book, this would be it. I was called the Miranda in my group of friends and always sort of liked it, but having matured and following reading this book, I am a firm Miranda and happy to be so. Tips and tricks on life as we know it from the view of the show's best character, filled with references to the TV show, it was like having a conversation with an old friend.

A great afternoon read and a must for any fans of the show.
Alexa
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alexa by: Míša Kuníková
Shelves: feminism, self-help
I need to say that I have only seen a couple of episodes of "Sex and the City", but I instantly wanted to read it the minute my friend from work was ordering the book online. It's a fun read that I think will be appreciated by both fans and not-fans since it not only has inside jokes but also general useful advice.

P.S. To be honest, I kinda want to watch the show now.
Annarella
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm usually wary of book written by internet stars but this one was an entertaining read, full of fun and quite well written.
It's easy, fluffy and I recommend it.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Enola
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Funny, well written and giving praise to the character i identified the most - strong successful and at sarcastic Miranda. I felt i could relate to quite a lot and came at a good time in my life
Talitha Baker
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fluffy book. Played it as background noise while working. Had some good points but mostly it was just a enjoyable addition into the fandom of Sex And The City. I loved that show, so the book made me laugh and remember great plotlines.
Jennie Mckeon
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better than expected! More than a coffee-table book, but a truly fun read. Don’t let the parody label fool you, the authors have a few nuggets of honest wisdom tucked into hilarious jokes that sky die-hard SATC fan will appreciate.
Emma
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very cute book! Something fun to read if you’re a fan of the book. I think it would be a good book to have and look back on. Very modern. I enjoyed the series and love what these ladies have done with their insta. I never thought I was a Miranda until reading this book!
Lesley Kerr
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good and funny read. In places it felt a little "young" for me but over all I loved the concept, the humour and actual life lessons. It's a "dip in and out book" and not the kind of book I would expect to be read quickly, even though it is a short book. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Grace Year
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • We the Living
  • Buried Deep
  • The Complete Book of Rules
  • Legendary Ladies: 50 Goddesses to Empower and Inspire You
  • Shiny Broken Pieces (Tiny Pretty Things, #2)
  • Ghost: Thirteen Haunting Tales to Tell

News & Interviews

“And the people who would rather die than hear a grown man whisper “ever thine, ever mine, ever ours”—those would be Mirandas.” 1 likes
“Or you can keep dating them until they leave you at the altar. Your choice.” 1 likes