Start by marking “We Should All Be Mirandas: Life Lessons from Sex and the City’s Most Underrated Character” as Want to Read:

A snarky guide to life inspired by the most underrated character on Sex and the City, from the creators of the Instagram sensation @everyoutfitonSATC

When Sex and the City premiered, many were hesitant to identify as the Miranda of their social circle—after all, sarcasm, workaholism, and dubious fashion choices are rarely considered aspirational. However, in the two-plus
Published October 15th 2019 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about We Should All Be Mirandas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Should All Be Mirandas

Start your review of We Should All Be Mirandas: Life Lessons from Sex and the City’s Most Underrated Character
Samantha
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t help but wonder...Could instagram influencers actually produce a good book?

(Sorry, I had to).

I’m generally skeptical of books that capitalize on fleeting internet fame, those coming from Instagram influencers generally being the worst of the lot. But the two ladies who run the Every Outfit on SATC account are so clever and entertaining that I thought this one was worth a shot.

And I’m pleased to report it was loads of fun to read.

Certainly, this is all fluff content, but hey, so was
Ingstje
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I normally don’t read this type of non-fiction but I watched all the episodes of Sex and The City on tv many years ago and felt nostalgic. Didn’t we all secretly envy Carrie? Well did you ever stop to think that maybe you’re actually a Miranda and that being a Miranda is just as cool if not better than being a Carrie? Me neither but this little book made me change my mind radically.

The novel makes you appreciate the Miranda in you, hell it makes you love yourself a little more for whoever you
Dawn O. | Left Coast Reader
(Free copy provided by the publisher) A hilarious parody celebrating the underrated feminist Miranda Hobbes of SATC. What a fun journey thru the series best of times this was! Waaay back when I watched the series on HBO before binge watching was a thing, Miranda was the character I least identified with. My life has changed so much since then and I’m giving praise to her today because I most definitely fall into the Miranda-esque style - take charge, no bullshit, if it sounds too good to be true ...more
Lea Friedel
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Damn, first I liked it so much. Funny, sarcastic surviving-modern-life advise.
But then I couldn't get over the fact that their dieting tricks are ridiculous. Also I couldn't read sarcism between the lines anymore, please tell me if I am wrong.
Sure, eating healthy is a thing. But I will never eat "a single ice cube" (ehm, healthy since when?) instead of ice cream. Also, eating a carrot instead of carrot cake is a gateway to eating disorders. Thanks but I didn't mean to buy a pro ana book, and
Michalla
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a Sex and the City fan look no further. This book celebrates Miranda who was until recently overlooked. It was entertaining and included all the most iconic moments from the show. The book even convinced me to reconsider which character I identify with- I am now a proud Miranda with a Charlotte rising. Just be aware... it’s not the most appropriate book for public transport. Highly recommend ...more
Gigi H
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Non-fiction is so not-my-style, but as a big fan of Sex And The City, this was too intruguing to pass up!

It was a fun and witty read on how to adopt Miranda's no-bull shit attitude towards love, life, sex and fashion.

I highly recommend this one for lovers of Sex and the city!
Amanda Belcher
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm only counting this because I've surpassed my reading goal -- mostly I just flipped through and read the parts that interested me.
Jaimie
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Self-help books, motivational speeches, and affirmations are not for Miandas, but this book is anything but. In an age of extravagance, over-indulgence, and fear-fueled news cycles we are brought to the conclusion that we should all be Mirandas - as the often sole voice of reason and reality (if tinged with a healthy dose of cynicism) we must embrace this often maligned and left behind character, if only for the sake of the survival of the little sanity we have left.

I'm sure that like most
Rikke Jensen
I was confused as to what to think of this book while reading it. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I've been following the Instagram account behind the book for a little over a year, and was still surprised when the book wasn't entirely self-help. Of course a fan account would write a fan book, because that's what it is.

The book is written by Mirandas, for other Mirandas, about Miranda - and that's about it to be honest. Sometimes the book goes overboard with the fan-girling to the extend,
Samantha Fraenkel
Part relationship and self help guide, humour book, and love letter to the unsung hero of Sex and the City, Miranda Hobbes. Funny and full of advice on how to live your best life as per Miranda. So (to paraphrase Miranda) if you enjoy drinking coffee, having sex, buying pies, and battery operated devices, as well as having a a love of Sex and the City, then this is one to check out.

ARC Provided by NetGalley
Annarella
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm usually wary of book written by internet stars but this one was an entertaining read, full of fun and quite well written.
It's easy, fluffy and I recommend it.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Talitha Baker
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fluffy book. Played it as background noise while working. Had some good points but mostly it was just a enjoyable addition into the fandom of Sex And The City. I loved that show, so the book made me laugh and remember great plotlines.
Emma
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very cute book! Something fun to read if you’re a fan of the book. I think it would be a good book to have and look back on. Very modern. I enjoyed the series and love what these ladies have done with their insta. I never thought I was a Miranda until reading this book!
Enola
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Funny, well written and giving praise to the character i identified the most - strong successful and at sarcastic Miranda. I felt i could relate to quite a lot and came at a good time in my life
Jennie Mckeon
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better than expected! More than a coffee-table book, but a truly fun read. Don’t let the parody label fool you, the authors have a few nuggets of honest wisdom tucked into hilarious jokes that sky die-hard SATC fan will appreciate.
Nicole
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
I can’t believe this book exists, but I’m so glad it does— it’s a really solid life guide for millennial women. I appreciate that they included a queer-specific section, and include queer women throughout the book.

Also, the quiz in this book confirmed that I am a Miranda with a Charlotte rising.
Lesley Kerr
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good and funny read. In places it felt a little "young" for me but over all I loved the concept, the humour and actual life lessons. It's a "dip in and out book" and not the kind of book I would expect to be read quickly, even though it is a short book.
Tawni Winns
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel seen!
Jana
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh sh*t, maybe we SHOULD all be Mirandas?
Shelby
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun and funny read (see: Chapter 1's astrology lesson; I'm a Miranda with Carrie-rising).
sprinkle.your.sparkle
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Entertaining book for a casual evening. The style reminds me of a Cosmo article. You will have a laugh reading it
Elizabeth Desmond
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was hilarious and enjoyed it so so much!
Rose Cox
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, snarky and irreverent. A perfect Xmas read!
Kerry Quinn
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Not every Gen X character needs to be remade into a millennial. This book had some shining moments and clever references to the show, but it is all rebooting Miranda through a new lens.
Noka
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting, witty and truly honest, there is something for every Carrie, Charlotte and Samantha out there to learn from this book.
Kamille
Oct 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
What was this book about? Advice? So confused about the purpose.
Amanda Yates
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute book about why we should be proud to be a certain type of person. Kinda a book on why you should just be you.
Caitlin Hart
Filled with funny references to the show, along with some solid life advice, this is a fun book for Sex and the City fans.
Juliet Fevang
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The illustrations are fabulous but overall this was neither as fun or as funny as I thought it would be. It would have benefited from an editor with a heavier hand.
Alexis
Jan 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
I read this in service of a joke and it may be the laziest, most pointless book I’ve ever read.

• The Witches Are Coming
  • The Beautiful Ones
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Know My Name: A Memoir
  • You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with Failure, and Live an Intentional Life
  • A Woman First: First Woman: A Memoir
  • Do You Mind If I Cancel? (Things That Still Annoy Me)
  • Little Weirds
  • She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement
  • Cinderella Liberator
  • Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac
  • After the Golden Age (Golden Age, #1)
  • The Problem with Everything: My Journey Through the New Culture Wars
  • Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love
  • The Less People Know About Us: A Mystery of Betrayal, Family Secrets, and Stolen Identity
  • I Like to Watch: Arguing My Way Through the TV Revolution
  • Gilmore Girls: A Cultural History
“And the people who would rather die than hear a grown man whisper “ever thine, ever mine, ever ours”—those would be Mirandas.” 0 likes
“Or you can keep dating them until they leave you at the altar. Your choice.” 0 likes