Start by marking “Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: The 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Life” as Want to Read:

The acclaimed, life-changing book that shows you how to stop "working" on yourself--and start living in the moment

Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to go through your life without stress or self-doubt? To have a real sense of inner peace and fulfillment? Now you can--through the three simple principles in this book. Just as they do in their world-renowned
Published October 1st 2008 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published July 10th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Working on Yourself Doesn't Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Working on Yourself Doesn't Work

Start your review of Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: The 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Life
Leah
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love
I always used to think that 'living in the moment' was an abstract concept that you could only achieve by meditating for years on a mountaintop. I wanted it, but couldn't understand how it could possibly work for me, with my busy life and all of the goals I wanted to acheive. Well, Ariel and Shya Kane and their incredible book have shown me that not only is it possible, but it can be fun! The Kane's approach to living in the moment puts the light back in enlightenment; their book is written with ...more
Nathalie
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great no non-sense to living in the moment and make more out of life.
Martha
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant and simple. I wish I had read this earlier
Bebe Booth
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very Simple and straight forward, BUT effective. The truth is life is simple but we've over complicated life by adding elements of control (and greed). We've become so caught up on what we (mankind) has created (each society's norms and expectations) that we forget to EXPERIENCE LIVING. Being in the moment IS living and this book does a fantastic job at guiding you.
If you're frustrated, stressed, have an open mind about life and living and are ready to take control of YOURSELF you will find this
Melanie
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book doesn't contain any new ideas, but what sets it apart from many books in this genre is the clarity and simplicity with which they are expressed.

The central theme of the book is about living "in the moment". If you are being in this moment, all problems disappear automatically because problems are a projection towards the future of possible realities based upon past experiences.

The authors set out 3 basic principles of transformation, the first of these is "what you resist persists".
Kitty
A simple but powerful message - live in the moment. I'm not sure if this book can "create" the "transformation" it preaches, but I enjoyed reading it.
H S
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if I fully agree with the ideas in this book, but it it is an interesting perspective. The main idea of the book is that the process of growing never ends. There will always be something else to compare yourself with and you will always fall short. The key is to learn to be satisfied the way you are and through that to be empowered to expand.

Transformation is not about fixing yourself to be a better you. It is about being the way you are.

1st principle: Things that you push against-
Jill
Jul 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a counselor, this book caught my attention. Interesting approach in dealing with our internal dialogue. It runs along the lines of cognitive-behavioral approach somewhat, but mainly deals with changing the negative thought process and not so much the bad behavior.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People looking for answers
Shelves: advice, spiritual
Great title. And pretty accurate. Stop trying to change things, and get present. I found this remarkably similar (down to details sometimes) to what I learnt on The Landmark Forum in 2003. I wondered who had borrowed from whom?
Roxanne
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting concept. I'm going to have to reread this again to let it all sink in.
Marilyn
Nov 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All it takes to have your life transform is getting into and living from the moment--this current moment of now.
Islin Munisteri
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a real shame (and a miracle) that the laws of physics also applies to emotions.
Joan
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interesting ideas. Would like to read more from these authors
Liza
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is worth reading several times and at least once a year to keep the principles in mind. Very enjoyable and easy to read.
May 15, 2016
Dec 25, 2013
Galina
Jul 26, 2012
Shya Kane
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Right Body for You
  • Salon Des Femmes: Conversations about women, men, sex, love, relationships, and becoming a pragmatist of femininity
  • Divorceless Relationships
  • Being You, Changing the World
  • My Name is Isis: The Egyptian Goddess
  • To Travel Hopelessly
  • Right Riches for You
  • Dissolve The Problem: by Shifting Physical Reality
  • Insurance Made Easy: A Comprehensive Roadmap to the Coverage You Need
  • The Ten Keys To Total Freedom: A Conversation with Gary M. Douglas & Dr. Dain Heer
  • Holistic Personal Finance: How To Pay For The Life You Want
  • Magic. You Are It. Be It.
  • How To Become Money Workbook
  • Talk To The Animals
  • Sex Is Not a Four Letter Word But Relationship Often Times Is
  • Reconnection
  • Money Isn't The Problem, You Are
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
“If you are satisfied, you bring your satisfaction to the moment and fill the circumstances of your life with that satisfaction. If you are dissatisfied, however, no one and nothing can produce contentment for you.” 1 likes