Start by marking “Agile Technical Practices Distilled” as Want to Read:
Agile Technical Practices Distilled

Agile Technical Practices Distilled

This is a book on Agile technical practices, principles and values. The readers will first learn individual practices (TDD, Refactoring, Pair Programming, simple design and more). Afterwards they will focus on principles of Software Design, their relationships and systemic reasons, ending with a business oriented and sociotechnical perspective.
Paperback

To ask other readers questions about Agile Technical Practices Distilled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agile Technical Practices Distilled

Start your review of Agile Technical Practices Distilled
Johan Martinsson
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm particularly fond of the detailed explanations of "connascence", way better than other explanations I've encountered. This section inspired me to use connascence a lot more as a thinking and communications tool.

This book gives a great view of the path that a developer might take towards craftsmanship. I believe it gives a very good overview and guidance to apprentice crafters and experienced crafters will still find useful information.
Guillem Fernandez
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing compilation to prepare today’s software organization for the next level of quality, skill and production.

The book is organized in a very easy to follow way and allows you to prepare each of the chapters after reading for practice it by providing highlights, exercises and summaries.

It’s one of those must have if you are part of a software organization and a great lecture for those who related.
Alfredo Artiles Larralde
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: técnico, agile
This book is the learning path that I’d recomend to become a senior software development. As it’s title says it is a destilation of what you need to know in order to write high quality and reliable software that is aligned to the business needs. Don’t expect to read it quickly, pause at each chapter, do the katas and read the recomended books.
Raul Mordillo
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great guide with theory, exercises and explanations to become a better Software engineer. It talks about software design and gives you guidelines on how to write/desgin better code.
In my humble opinion, this book can be a source of knowledge for junior to more experienced people in Software.
Patryk Woziński
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
That’s totally the best book about agile, sociotechnical architecture, extreme programming etc I’ve ever read. I highly recommend it to anyone who identifies with Software Craftsmanship culture.
Jan Ryswyck
Highly recommended for developers that are new to programming as well as seasoned developers.
Gonzalo Gómez Sullain
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
It took me a while to end this reading, not because it is difficult to follow rather because it deserves time and devotion, and there are so many suggested practices inside that it worth the time implementing them.

The book is a must read, we can discuss about the way it was written, sometimes the expressions, but it is self explanatory and the practices are mandatory for a seasoned software engineer. It reflects de facto practices that any engineer must have under control or at least have knowle
Daniel Koller
This should be a must read for everybody who wants to code professionally.
Johnny
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a book in which I can agree with every point they make and still be disappointed. The technical parts (First steps, Walking and Running) distilled the knowledge you should know very nicely. The chapters end with the important question “When should I move to the next chapter?” and help you to grant yourself enough time to digest the ideas and practices you read about. That is where this book is great and why I would recommend it to developers trying to improve themselves.

But then comes th
Marco Consolaro
Apr 28, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"One of the best new Continuous Integration books" - BookAuthority
Apr 13, 2019
Javier de Arcos
Feb 05, 2020
Marco Consolaro
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Guido
Lorenzo Grande
Sep 15, 2022

• The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride
  • Become an Effective Software Engineering Manager
  • Measuring Continuous Delivery: The what, why, and how of measuring Continuous Delivery
  • Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & flow
  • A Philosophy of Software Design
  • Docker Deep Dive
  • Head First Design Patterns
  • Little Nightmares #1
  • The Spy Who Came In from the Cold (George Smiley, #3)
  • The Emperor's New Mind
  • Exhalation
  • The Fractal Prince (Jean le Flambeur, #2)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Over 20 years of experience in software, from embedded systems, aviation, media, retail, to cloud-based enterprise applications. In recent years, I've focused on educating, and inspiring other developers. I'm the main author of the Agile Technical practices book (https://leanpub.com/agiletechnicalpra...).

I coach and mentor. I've spent hundreds of hours doing pairing sessions, coaching and tutoring

News & Interviews