Start by marking “Any Given Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Any Given Lifetime

Any Given Lifetime

He'll love him in any lifetime.

Neil isn’t a ghost, but he feels like one. Reincarnated with all his memories from his prior life, he spent twenty years trapped in a child’s body, wanting nothing more than to grow up and reclaim the love of his life.

As an adult, Neil finds there's more than lost time separating them. Joshua has built a beautiful life since Neil’s death,
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 215 pages
Published September 13th 2018 by Leta Blake Books

To ask other readers questions about Any Given Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Any Given Lifetime

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.25 stars*

This story perplexed me a great deal.

It had SO many things that I usually dislike in a book. We get more than two POVs (a pet peeve of mine), flashbacks (much of the story is told in flashback, which I usually hate), and more than one love story.

But, somehow, I couldn't put it down, and I was completely won over by the end.

Yes, this is a story about reincarnation and finding one's true love again. And, to be honest, that's really what the entire story is about with very little devia
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Any Given Lifetime is not a traditional romance, but it IS a love story.

It's not entirely linear and spans thirty-plus years. It's not contemporary or historical; it's set in the past, present, and future. It doesn't start at the beginning, but it ends at the end, which is also a beginning.

It's not about two people falling in love and living happily ever after, although there is love (so much love) and a HEA. But first there are tears; again and again there are tears: tears of sorrow and tears
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
This book and I started off on shaky ground. I'll get to my quibble but I just want to say up front that if you're in the Squishy Marshmallow club, chances are you'll like Any Given Lifetime.

I recycle. I like antiques. I believe things can be restored and that other people's trash is another's treasure so it follows that I'd believe in reincarnation. I'm also a romantic and there's nothing, NOTHING more romantic than someone traversing time and space to return to their beloved.

When Neil and Josh
Wendy
I am a big fan of paranormal books, and I have even read my fair share of "ghost" stories, I have never read about reincarnation before though. I was very curious to see how this would all work out.

It was weird...and it was also not. I was strange, but in a good way, if that even makes sense ??

https://www.google.com/search?q=am I making sense gif

I am gonna be honest and say that this is a story, I normally would have skipped. But this is Leta Blake and she made me fall deeply in love with Patrick from the "Wake up Married" series. Also...remember
Cadiva
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how to review this book. I mean, there's so much I could say about it.

How it's about love in its truest sense, how it straddles the line between contemporary romance and Sci-Fi/Alternative Reality with consummate ease.

How Neil is a complex, frustrating, brilliantly drawn character and I wholeheartedly bought into his reincarnation and his epic love for Joshua.

I could weep for the sorrow and pain suffered by both men, rejoice at the bonus love story the reader is given with Joshua a
Bev
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - All the stars for this one.

OMG I loved this book so, so hard. Any Given Lifetime is why I love reading. The feels, the angst, the tears and the really clever plot kept me engrossed. I loved the timeline going so far into the future and all the scientific/medical work that went with it.

I was a bit worried at first. See, I didn't want to like Joshua with Lee but I did, Lee was so good for Joshua when he desperately needed it after losing Neil so suddenly and tragically. The love and care
.Lili.
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Three days after I finished Any Given Lifetime by Leta Blake, and I'm still thinking about it. It's a story of true love, an epic love, that nothing could stop. This book was probably one of the most romantics books I've ever read, and I've been reading romance for 20+ years. I don't say that lightly.

I don't know how to write this review, so it'll probably be all over the place.

Let's begin:

Things that don't always work for me.

1. Is this a story about reincarnation? Yes, but the sci-fi aspec
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Very interesting read that really had me hooked from the beginning.

I don't always care for flashbacks and time jumps but they worked really well here, despite at times being hard to read.

There were many times in both Neil and Joshua's life that I really felt for what they were going through.

Leta Blake is a favorite for me and she had another winner here.

Overall, a really intriguing read. A very interesting, different plot. Plenty of smexy times (which Leta nails #punintended every
Leta Blake
Sep 07, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ETA: NOW AVAILABLE! At Amazon and on KU. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4SC7V8
Universal link: mybook.to/AnyGivenLifetime

Now available for pre-order: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4SC7V8
CrabbyPatty
If reincarnation is a favorite theme of yours, you'll really enjoy "Any Given Lifetime" and even if it really isn't your thing, you'll love this book for its depiction of a love that truly lasts a lifetime, and beyond.

When Joshua and Neil fall in love for the first time, Joshua is "a skittish country boy stewing in internalized homophobia, and Neil [...] a very busy research scientist." They are only together a short time before Neil dies, leaving Joshua with his family fortune which Joshua use
Ariana
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*

This was a first for me.
Reincarnation.

Who else to tackle it than Leta Blake who shows yet again that she can take any theme or topic and write a gripping book.

And gripping it certainly is, right from the prologue to the very happy end.

Joshua and Neil are in love. They both know it, but Joshua is young, a farmer’s boy, and not yet ready to come out and be himself. Neil, usually the snarky, super clever scientist, is happy to be patient and wait because he’s fallen head over heels and
~Volha~
LOVED, LOVED, LOOOVEEED this book! I literally finished within hours! I usually need suspense or action to keep me interested, but here just the sheer amount of feelings and their intensity kept me on the edge of the seat thinking:"What is going to happen next?". I needed to finish it, it was a little compulsive... This is my second time reading Leta Blake's work, and wow, what a winner this is! What a rush!

The story of Neil and Joshua, in fact, is quite tragic and painful at times. Imagine hav
Keira Andrews
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always, Leta Blake delivers. This outside-the-box romance is unique and full of heart. I'm not actually a huge fan of reincarnation, but I was hooked in from the start. Highly recommend!
Ula'ndi Hart
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Overall book rating: 3.8
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.5

I feel...undecided.

Maybe I’ll take some more time to think about this one. Cause, while there were parts I really liked, there were also parts that I decidedly didn’t?

Make sense?

I took some time after the first few chapters to go on reading to be honest. Reason?

(view spoiler)
Lyn
Thanks, Raven, for recommending this amazing and unique book.

I appreciate the humorous parts of the story; otherwise, I would be a total and complete mess.
Fabi
I liked it!

I wasn't sure at first because there were time jumps to the past. Jumping back and forth at every chapter. That stopped in the latter part of the book. It's decidedly a romance, yet it has a few quirky sci-fi elements that caught and held my attention.

The reincarnation angle is weird --- sorry, I'm calling it like it is. It made me squirmy at times. But I couldn't help rooting for the guys' happy ending.

I'm glad I read it. This story is original in the M/M Romance genre.
Tammy
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books I had a hard time putting down, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!! There wasn't one character that annoyed me or that I didn't like, lol.
This was quite the unique story and one I didn't want to end.
Besides Joshua and Neil, Alice really stood out to me. Kudos to her for being so strong and loving to Neil who wasn't the easiest person to raise plus believing in him and sacrificing herself to have him get the best education because he was such a genius 🧐 and a smart ass.🤨😖

Lee tou
Jassy

So, I just finished the last page and now I have pretty mixed feelings about the book. I find it hard to rate!
The writing style is actually worth 5 stars in my opinion and the basic idea too. I really like the idea of immortal love or love conquers all. There is sweetness and hope in this story and also a heavy dose of heartbreak. I was crying at times (pretty inconvenient happening in a train :D!)

Neil was sooo adorable being grumpy and snarky all the time. His directness was refreshi
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Dr. Neil Rus..Green

So many emotions were packed in the pages. I just don't even know what to say except I really enjoyed this book. It is a book about great love and second chances and it's definitely worth a read.
Kaje Harper
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, scifi
This was an interesting idea that led to some real emotional resonance - Neil is a bioscientist who is killed prematurely in an accident and reincarnated as a baby, but with many of his adult memories intact. Meanwhile, his boyfriend grieves his loss, and then tries to move on.

I was engaged with Neil's issues as he grows up from childhood, trapped in the body and in some aspects mind of a small child, able to only watch the public evidence of his lover's life, grief, and recovery. There's real
Catherine
This book, you guys. It is so different than anything I've ever read before and it is SO lovely.
Monica Vidal
Aw, man. This one got me bad. I pretty much read it in a day. Couldn’t put it down.

Such a beautiful, romantic love story without being cheesy. I loved Joshua and his beautiful soul and kindness. And Neil’s true and absolutely love for Joshua that pretty much brought him back to life so he could be with him again.

I loved how the story was told pretty much from flashbacks and Neil as a “child” was priceless. Joshua’s life with Lee was so endearing and full and he got to experience so much love.
Debra

This book tore me apart, let me suffer a bit, then put me all back together again. It's been a while since a story had me crying like a baby, but this one managed it more than once.

Reincarnation is not something I generally would read. This is only the second book I've read with a reincarnation theme - the first I didn't know it was part of the story, and this I read because it was Leta Blake. I am so happy that I finally got around to it since this story was almost perfect for me.

Tol
dammit, that one chick
*Bumping this up from 4 to 5 because I’m still thinking about it a week or so after reading. This is a really emotional, moving book and I’m already wanting to go back and reread my favorite parts.

Loved this! Super romantic (without being too hearts and flowers) reincarnation story. This one is a tear jerker. I loved seeing Joshua, who had lost so much, find happiness. But who stole the show for me was Neil. He reminded me a little of Patrick from Leta’s Wake up Married series: A bit of a pain
Bev
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Leta has been teasing her Patreon supporters and giving us snippets of this story for the past few weeks, and mentioned that as it was one of her earliest stories, she was a little worried about whether it was 'relevant' to today's readers. I have to say, after having read it, she has nothing at all to worry about 😉. 4.25 stars from me...and reading Leta's stories has certainly made me think and expanded my horizons in terms of what I read. I'd never read an MPreg story before Slow Heat and now ...more
Chris
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, paranormal
Such a beautiful romance. I loved the focus around reincarnation, even though it was a bit trippy to go back the baby / childhood stage, this was really about souls reconnecting. A perfect second chance at love. I believe some people come back for each other over time and this story really warmed my heart. This was warm, sweet and hopeful. Loved it ❤ ...more
Alisa
Sep 20, 2018 added it
Shelves: zz-2018, m-m-read
DNF @47% because I didn't like anything about this. I especially disliked Neil, nanites & all the gay stereotypes.

Did I mention how much I disliked Neil?
Eugenia
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, paranormal
Wow!!!!

I loved this!!
It made me cry like mad.
It made me laugh out loud.
It made me cringe.
It made me lust wickedly,
And it made me revel in the power of love.

Supernatural power, that is.

This was such a refreshing take on second chances and reincarnation. It was also heartbreaking seeing lives lost and hearts set aside. Yet, at the end of this journey we see our lovers get their long awaited and hard-earned HEA!

Some of my favorite things were Neil as an irascible baby. Neil's healthy sexual drive i
Sanaa Z.
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, age-gap, m-m
I don't know how to rate this book yet so I'll probably end up changing it. Any Given Lifetime was different from what I read. Like I've never read a book like this. And while I did enjoy parts of it, other parts I wasn't sure about or they made me want to punch something.
Ele
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5*
Turning Pages At ...: Any Given Lifetime (M/M Buddy Read) by Leta Blake 15 15 Oct 20, 2018 05:40AM
  • The Forbidden Alpha (Shifters of Cartwell, #2)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires #1)
  • Patchwork Paradise
  • Creature (Bureau, #3)
  • Bitten by Desire  (Regent's Park Pack, #3)
  • The Difference Between
  • The Pill Bugs of Time (Offbeat Crimes, #2)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Point of Contact
  • His Surrogate Omega (Omega Quadrant #1)
  • Bone Rider
  • Archangel's Assassin
  • Call the Coroner
  • Demon Arms (The Paranormal Academy For Troubled Boys #1)
  • Strain (Strain, #1)
  • That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
  • Bonfires (Bonfires #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Refuge
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake's educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her da ...more
“There's nothing in this world - not my work, not nanites, not a single human being - who is what you are to me. You're the reason for my existence. Joshou, you're my everything. I'll find you in any given lifetime. Never forget that” 1 likes