Start by marking “I'll Never Tell” as Want to Read:

I'll Never Tell

Deeply buried secrets make for a disturbing family reunion in bestselling author Catherine McKenzie’s tantalizing novel of psychological suspense.

What happened to Amanda Holmes?

Twenty years ago, she was found bludgeoned in a rowboat at the MacAllister family’s Camp Macaw. No one was ever charged with the crime.

Now, after their parents’ sudden deaths, the MacAllister siblin
Hardcover

Availability: 15 copies available, 3222 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 01 - Dec 31, 2018

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about I'll Never Tell, please sign up.
    MaryAnn Yes, it is exactly that. Suspense, drama and overall I'd say it's an adult read or at least an older teen. Hope that helps!

Catherine McKenzie
    Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    My next book, coming out in June, 2019! I am so excited about it! More to come, but in the meantime please add it to your goodreads shelf!
    Jamie
    Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Catherine McKenzie does it again!!! The Good Liar wowed me earlier this year and I’ve really been looking forward to I’ll Never Tell and it did not let me down! Family drama set amidst a crime years before at a sleepaway camp - the premise alone sold me, having attended a sleepaway camp for seven years myself. Told in alternating perspectives that will have you questioning anyone and everyone, this book is a fun, suspenseful ride from start to finish! Capped off with another excellent ending, I ...more
    Tucker (The Library Reader)
    Dec 04, 2018 marked it as not-released-tbr
    Yay! Amazon is sending me a copy of this!
    Bambi Rathman
    Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Catherine McKenzie has a suspense filled....page turning....dark secrets book with a deeply flawed family of characters that I just had to figure out. If that's possible! Each character has their quirks and hidden secrets upon hidden secrets that, as siblings and camp workers, they had no clue what each other was hiding. As secrets start being exposed, the doubts and suspicions start escalating. It seems even the deceased father was suspect. "There was always drama when the MacAllisters were aro ...more
    Carol Boyer
    Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The suspense is riveting on each page of this novel as each one of the MacCallister children come home to the reading of their parents will and find them struggling and plotting to know who will be the one to preserve the family owned land and camp. They learn they have to first solve the mystery of who murdered their dear old friend Amanda whose body was found in a rowboat washed ashore. Each one, Ryan, Kate, Liddie, Margo and Mary could be suspect and have their own shocking secrets they have ...more
    Laurie
    Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I was always told "What happens at camp, stays at camp". How true!
    This is an incredible suspense, mystery and family story.
    It takes place at a camp, where a memorial service and the reading of the will are planned for the two people who owned and loved this beautiful refuge. Their five children all grew up in this environment and will attend.
    There will be friends and of course the "lifers" who loved the camp summers and want to rejuvenate the memories of their younger days.
    But... This book is O
    Holly Brown
    Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Another winner from Catherine McKenzie! I never went to overnight camp but she conjured it perfectly (I could practically smell it!) I love how she spliced the past and the present, and was able to skillfully balance so many character POVS. Excited to read her next one.
    Kimberly Belle
    Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Review closer to pub date
    Ann Creel
    Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Somehow Catherine McKenzie manages multiple points of view, different time periods, the threads of several stories, a great mystery, and snappy dialogue in one great read. I never knew where she was going with the story, and I had to finish once I started. I can heartily recommend this one.
    Di
    Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I've always said that secrets are the biggest part of most books. This one is no exception. HUGE family secrets. Everyone has one. Strange family dynamics.
    I read for entertainment and relaxation. It does not bother me if a storyline does not seem realistic. That's why it is a “story”. But I had to deduct one star this time because I had a couple of eye rolling moments with this book. Still very entertaining and enjoyable. It kept me guessing as each secret was revealed.

Bambi Rathman
    Dec 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
    Anna
    Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Wow. I had a hard time putting this book down, and now that I've finished it, I can't stop thinking about it.

The setting - an aging summer camp on Labor Day weekend - was absolutely perfect. The sights, the smells, the feelings - all the memories. Even though I'd never been to that camp, I felt it all.
    If you remember one thing from what I say today, one thing about this place, it's that we learned and grew and tested and failed and succeeded and loved and moved on, touched by what we experienced
    Laurie
    Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I was always told "What happens at camp, stays at camp". How true!
    This is an incredible suspense, mystery and family story.
    But... This book is O
    Leah
    Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Hmmm...how many secrets can one family conceal? You'll be surprised with Catherine McKenzie's new novel, I'll Never Tell. This story follows the MacAllister family as they return to their family's summer camp for a memorial and a reading of their father's will. A lot of secrets and admissions bubble their way to the surface, but who can you believe?
    Told through seven different viewpoints, this story keeps the pages turning long into the night. There are plenty of twists and turns in this plot a
    Nikki
    Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Catherine McKenzie is unstoppable! This book is 2019’s book of the yr hands down! I read it in one day that’s how much her stories take ahold of me. She grabs her readers and doesn’t let go! This family is down right messed up and has you guessing til the very end who did it! I was left with my jaw on the ground because I was not thinking the person who was “the one” at the end was the one! It left me with the oh my gosh no way feeling! I love when an author does that! Catherine writes with such ...more
    ROBIN RUIZ
    Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Wow! What a great book. This one has twists and turns at every chapter. Just when I thought I knew what I knew, it turns out I knew nothing ! I couldn’t put this book down, reading into the night !

20 years ago, something or someone hurt Amanda !

Each member of the MacAllister family has their own interpretation of what may or may not have happened !

This book is written from each persons point of view and goes back and forth in time, I loved the writing and the personalities of each family member
    ROBIN RUIZ
    Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

20 years ago, something or someone hurt Amanda !

Tara
    Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you to the author and publisher for giving me the privilege of reading an ARC of this book.

I am a big fan of Catherine McKenzie and this book does not disappoint.

I enjoyed the setting at the summer camp and how the siblings were so different. Their parents brought them together under odd circumstances and it gave us a mystery to solve. Each time I thought that I had it figured out, I was wrong!

I don't know how she keeps coming up with these crazy ideas but I'll keep reading!
    Kelly
    Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you to the author and publisher for allowing me to read an ARC of this novel. I thought I had it all figured out, but I was wrong ! I love that ! What a great book ! So many secrets, such a messed up family and it all comes back to a summer camp. Some secrets just can't stay buried ! Quite the big twist at the end ! Huge fan of Catherine McKenzie and her books ! She tells a story like no one else and the end is always a complete surprise !
    Kate Rock
    Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Another fabulous book from Catherine McKenzie! It's a page turner and unputdownable! The way the author weaves the story around sibling emotions and quirks is fantastic. The characters are intense, quirky, interesting and fabulously questionable. I felt as if I was in the story and I had to force myself to slow down. If you liked The Good Liar you will love I'll Never Tell. A thoroughly enjoyable read that keeps you guessing until the last page. Bravo! 5 stars.
    Betsybmaxwell
    Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I was so excited to get an advance copy from Catherine McKenzie as she is one of my favorite authors and I can happily report that I'll Never Tell did not disappoint. A classic whodunnit told from different perspectives and in different decades, it kept me guessing the whole time I was reading it. Loved this one!
    Julie
    Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Catherine McKenzie does it again! I was beyond shocked when I got to the last few pages of this book. I was on my toes thinking I had it all figured out and then BAM! I loved this book so much I couldn't put it down. Do yourself a favor, carve out some reading time for yourself and devour this one!
    Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for the most recent thriller by Catherine McKenzie.
    Five siblings are summoned back to the camp that their recently deceased parents ran for a reading of their will. In order for the fate of the camp and their inheritance to be determined, the siblings must revisit a horrible crime that happened years earlier. The siblings are forced to look at each other, along with other key members of the camp staff, to put an end to the unresolved event in the camp’s past.

I received an advanced reader c
    Dee Kendall
    Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    What an amazing book! I could not put it down. The characters were all so interesting, lots of twists and turns. The ending had me in shock. I need to read it again to see if I missed a hint or a clue. Highly recommend! Thanks to Catherine McKenzie and Netgalley for the ARC.
    Rebecca
    Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: first-reads
    I received an advance copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
    MaryAnn
    Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I'll Never Tell by Catherine McKenzie is an interesting, twisty story with a plot that drew me in quickly, as I've come to expect from her books.

I was surprised by the ending and at the many secrets that were divulged as I read. This was a good examination of family life, sibling rivalries and the way someone that's done some pretty terrible things can still manage to hide in plain sight. Just another normal person like the rest of us, except they aren't.

While the story was very good and I enjoy
    Ann Mah
    May 31, 2018
    Bookworm
    Nov 12, 2018
    Mary Sharratt
    Jun 10, 2018
    Mary Kubica
    May 31, 2018
    Catherine McKenzie was born and raised in Montreal, Canada. A graduate of McGill in History and Law, Catherine practices law in Montreal. An avid runner and skier, she's the author of numerous bestsellers including HIDDEN, FRACTURED and THE GOOD LIAR. Her works have been translated into multiple languages.

HIDDEN was a #1 Amazon bestseller and a Digital Bookworld bestseller for five weeks. SMOKE wa