Start by marking “Pyjamas are Forgiving” as Want to Read:
Pyjamas are Forgiving

Pyjamas are Forgiving

There sitting on that porch, that light-eyed man, a pitta like me, was my ex-husband and that woman whose inner element I was unaware of, unless bitch is accepted as an undiscovered fourth dosha, was his young wife.
Published September 3rd 2018 by Juggernaut

Soumya Prasad
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have always loved Twinkle Khanna's columns and that is exactly why I enjoyed her first book 'Mrs. Funnybones'. I thought, here was a woman who knows to speak her mind and has a wonderful sense of humor. Her second book 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad' was problematic. Somehow, fiction did not seem to be her forte. When she announced her third book as a novel, I was skeptical about it but excited nonetheless, thanks to the title. As soon as the book was on for pre-order, I placed an order and wai ...more
Neha Oberoi
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet simple story of a woman caught up in her head. Of turmoil that she brings unto herself yet is unable to free herself of the cobwebs.

Her candid nature makes you like her and her foolish misdemeanours make you want to shake her. All the characters create the right amount of emotion in you that they are meant to. Hence the writing enjoyable.

Short and sweet read.
Vishnu Chevli
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though as a couple we are hardcore bookworms, my husband has made a strict rule about book acquisition because of our impulse book buying. The is the reason "Mrs. Funnybones" & "Legend of Lakshmiprasad" I had to read from borrowed copies. So this time I was all set to buy a copy of "Pyjamas are Forgiving". But thanks to our star & our consistent blogging we got our own copy of the book during Mega giveaway of Juggernaut.

Unlike first two books by Twinkle Khanna, this book is focused on a
Mhonchumi Kikon
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is narrated by a woman named, Anshu who is in her early 40’s (divorced) and is childless. To take a well-earned break, Anshu is in a Kerala Ayurvedic Shanthamaaya spa, where food is rationed, sex forbidden, and emotions cantered, whilst on her journey to remove 'Dosha,' Anshu is met with a familiar, yet a deeply unsettling sight- her philandering ex-husband, Jay, with his much younger wife, Shalini- who is quite opposite from her, both in physical and emotional term. Initially, Anshu is ...more
Vidhya Thakkar
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pyjamas are forgiving is the story of Anshu who went to  Ayurvedic Shanthamaaya spa in Kerala to take a break. At Shanthamaaya, There's a strict Routine that one desires to observe to remove their dosha. Her days there have been going best, she met some new people, the days were just fine till One person came to Shanthamaaya which affected her the most. Her Ex-Husband with his young wife. Will Shanthamaaya will be the same for her now? Will the presence of her ex-husband have an effect on her tr ...more
Anuradha Mohankumar
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Pyjamas are Forgiving" - Set in an Ayurvedic retreat in Kerala, it depicts the confusion of a woman still deeply in love with her husband. It addresses the fact that Indian women tend to hold on to their roots and beliefs, irrespective of how modern they are. They discount the follies of their loved ones, bend back until they are flat on the ground and trampled all over. But all this at what cost?

Anyway, the book is a good one with Twinkle Khanna's funny anecdotes. Of course, the story is a ta
Aparna Shah
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The characters are relatable. It is a quick read that is engrossing. Anshu is flawed but strong and you feel a deep empathy with her. The detox retreat makes an intriguing setting.
Juhi Bansal
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved reading Twinkle Khanna's columns in The Times of India. This is my first time reading her book and this was a great experience. She writes to the point, giving eye-opening quotes in between which make you think about yourself/life/love and will definitely bring a smile on your face. This story about Anshu and her life was excellently narrated and this is one of those stories which gives you closure when you read the last page. Lovely. Looking forward to reading more books by ...more
Namratha
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: drama, journey-within
As Anshu gets ready for a long, therapeutic stay at her favourite Keralan Spa, cozy in the in-house pyjamas....she comes across an unexpected dosha in the form of her charming but dubious ex-husband and his brand new and infinitely beeyotchy wife.

Old memories are revisited, new friends are made, ingrained behaviors clamor for sequels and Anshu sets out on a path of self-discovery which will either debilitate or liberate her.

The author, Twinkle Khanna has a sharp wit, an intuitive grasp on human
Vikas
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, signed-copies
This is third book by Twinke Khanna but it's her first novel the first two were short stories collections. So coming to the novel, the story is simple but different and fun.

We follow Anshu who's in her 40s, is divorced, is childless, runs a pre-nursery school and comes to an Ayurvedic Aashram every couple of years to spend 28 days in peace and to try to recover from her illness. But on the current visit she finds her Ex-Husband with his new wife and cousin in the same aashram.

It is the story of
Shefali Kadam
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The setting is etched out well. The relationship between the two sisters and Jay and Anshu was relatable. There are many women who change themselves to fit in better with their partners. A breezy read , finished it in one go
Tam_ the_ med_bookie
Dec 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
One of the worst reads of the year.
The characters are unbearable.
There is no plot as such.
I picked up this book without any kind of expectations. But yes, I got thoroughly bored just after the first 2 chapters and I had to literally bear the gnawing headache till the last page.
I really cannot accept any of the things portrayed in this book. The characters are totally lame, there is no story to go on with, the characters just don't have anything to do.
The characters are really distant, full of m
Smriti
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
My review in one word: NO.

My review in a few more words: I wanted to like this book. I really did. I like Twinkle Khanna's tweets and her columns, but I guess what you can do in 480 characters you can't do in a book. And here's the thing, the writing isn't the issue. (or maybe it is a little). It's the plot (there was none), the characters (all so effin terrible) and the thought process. I had a constant grimace while reading it and even though it was a very easy read (I flew through it - but y
Pascal Dsouza
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely heart warming read about letting go and making peace with ones troubles!
Amy
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
In the serene sanctuary of Kerala’s Shanthamaaya spa where food is rationed, sex forbidden and emotions centred, Anshu meets someone familiar and deeply unsettling – her ex-husband.
The story is told from Anshus point of view and my God it was so disappointing and frustrating. You have seen this person who goes on making the same mistakes again and again, who goes after her cheating boyfriend,who is being used by the said boyfriend, who knows she is being used and still she goes after him, like
Priya K
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pyjamas are forgiving is a short and good read. Despite her age, the character of Anshu is very relatable. And the plotline is quite engaging, come to think of it, it has all the makings of a feature film.
Sahil Pradhan
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Funny, observant and wise, this is storytelling at its most irresistible.

It has only been two weeks since she wrapped all work on her début novel, Pyjamas Are Forgiving, and already she does not know what to do with herself. “I’m feeling lost,” she says, damp-haired and scrubbed face, sipping on the day’s first black coffee. “[Writing the book] was like having a backup. Like if I was at a boring dinner, I could always pop into this world. I think I miss chewing on something constantly.”

A similar
Smriti Sahni
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

Unlike her other two books, Pyjamas are forgiving is a sub-standard, or it was for me. It is a standalone novel set in Shanthamaaya, an Ayurvedic healing spa. The story revolves around the past and present of our protagonist Anshu, who’s stuck in the presence of her ex-husband and his Biwi no- 2, and the quiescent love ignites. Or does it?

** Spoiler Ahead**

You cannot say that this is a love story or a typical sautan drama (the wife and the other woman), but as you’ll progress you’ll get to know
Selva Subramanian
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: other-fiction
Nothing great. It is just a two liner story which by the halfway mark, you can tell how it is going to end. If you follow her columns, you will find that most of the jokes have been recycled. If you don't, probably you might find the book to be ok, I am not sure. A bit of #MeToo is thrown in which kind of doesn't fit with the narrative.You can very well take your time before you get to this :)
Vivek Tejuja
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I normally do not read "celebrity books". However, this isn't the first time Twinkle Khanna has written a book, so to me she is just a regular author than a celebrity author and thank God for that! She has the craft, she knows how to tell a story, and be funny at that - not the laugh-out-loud kind of funny, but sure the chuckle kind of funny, the funny that leaves this smile on your face - also the one that you will not forget anytime soon.

I will also literally kill the next person who asks me w
Shruthi
Oct 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Tedious and Unsatisfactory !!

I really enjoyed Twinkle Khanna's 'Mrs. Funnybones' but her last two books has been extremely disappointing. I don't think her books are for me. The book is set in an ayurvedic spa where Anshu - a divorced woman in her mid-40s meets her ex-husband and his young shiny new wife. The novel mainly revolves around Anshu's roller-coaster emotions upon seeing her ex - whom she has still not gotten over. The book also contains a host of other characters - who are only mildly
Sai Charan
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Long Story Short: I felt this book is boring.
Komal
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
This was unsatisfying.

I enjoyed Twinkle Khanna's last book and I bought PAF with the same enthusiasm, hoping that she would have grown as a writer. She hasn't.

Excessive metaphors and clunky characterizatation were the two biggest flaws for me. Khanna trades her usual charm and wit for long-winded explanations and tropes that really should be banned (pls, no more lost boys inside grown men, PLS).
Aditi Varma
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Week 38 book 74

Pyjamas are Forgiving by Twinkle Khanna

Rating : 2/5

Finished reading Twinkle Khanna's latest book. I liked her previous books.

This book was an easy breezy read as usual, and I enjoyed her sense of humour. The setting was different and the plotline interesting.

However there was no depth in either the characters or the storyline and the climax completely fizzled out. Thus it was a disappointing read. I prefer her columns/non fiction.
Aanchal
Sep 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Don’t waste your time reading this particular book - Twinkle Khanna has written good books in the past but would recommend others to give it a miss
Mahashwetha Rao
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, novel
I am not sure of my views on this book . Every book of an author is different and is uncomparable . Hence even though Mrs funnybones tops than this one , i must say this was not bad either . I loved the detailing of everything that happens in the shantanumaya .The portray of anshu is brilliantly written . Even though the whole story circles around her life there in an ayurvedic massage center + her ex husband , i liked the way Twinkle has written her character which is very strong . I loved read ...more
Sudha Kalra
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished it in one go. The story is all right but it is the characters that make it a very good read. I had skipped her previous books but may pick them up after this one
Prashant Kumar
Oct 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Complete waste of time, no head no tail of the story. Not even sure about the story so can't review much but it's about the lead character anD her ex husband in some health camp with a host of other characters
Anshika
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chitra Iyer
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Pyjamas are Forgiving by Twinkle Khanna is one book that I have been wanting to read. The publisher, Juggernaut Books, ever so kindly asked me for a review and I was over the moon! You see, this is my first time reading a book from Twinkle Khanna and having read reviews of her previous books, I, too, wanted to soak in the humor fountain.

So, I’ll get to the review for you guys without rambling any further.

Summary

Anshu is a divorcee who visits the Shantamaaya Sthalam, an ayurvedic retreat in Keral
Pyjamas are Forgiving 2 14 Nov 11, 2018 11:26PM
  • Tempt Me Not (Me Not #1)
  • The Hidden Power of F*cking Up
  • The Religion of Man
  • From the Ground Up: A Journey to Reimagine the Promise of America
  • Remarkable Books: The World's Most Beautiful and Historic Works
  • The Here-and-Now Habit: How Mindfulness Can Help You Break Unhealthy Habits Once and for All
  • My Little Epiphanies
  • Holy Kural - Thirukkural in Tamil with English Translations
  • One Man Against the World: The Tragedy of Richard Nixon
  • Baaz
  • There's Something About You
“Only sisters can hurl nuclear weapons at each other and come out unscathed.” 1 likes
“I had managed to crop him out of photographs but not out of my memories.” 1 likes