Start by marking “It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)” as Want to Read:
It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)

It Began With a Lie

(Secrets of Redemption #1)

WINNER OF A 2018 PRG REVIEWERS' CHOICE AWARD

A fresh start. That was what Becca hoped the move from New York to Redemption, Wisconsin would be for her troubled family. A way to get her crumbling marriage back on track, and to bond with her difficult 16-year-old stepdaughter.

But instead of a new beginning, Becca is thrust into a mysterious past she barely remembers, as she
Published September 10th 2018 by Love-Based Publishing

To ask other readers questions about It Began With a Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Began With a Lie

Start your review of It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Am I okay? I considered the question. I had a knife in my purse. I was afraid my stepdaughter, and maybe myself, were being possessed by ghosts. And I had just been momentarily convinced that a harmless homeless woman would have all the answers.

Was she really a monster? Or was she right— that I didn't know who to trust? After all, my first husband cheated on me, and my second husband was trying to get me committed. Clearly, I wasn't such a great judge of character.

My Review:

I m
Nadine Bookaholic
⚡ FREEBIE Alert!⚡

"This book grabs your attention slowly and then ramps up the intensity until your spine tingles and you aren't sure what to tell Becca - run or stay? Who can she trust?" -Paranormal Romance Guild

Don’t miss this 2018 Paranormal Romance Guild Reviewers' Choice Award winner, IT BEGAN WITH A LIE by Michele PW - Pariza Wacek if #FREE for a limited time. Grab this addicting mixed genre series now!

Read on Amazon → https://amzn.to/2XHrcKy
Cassandra
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy.

The right balance of romance without going overboard and wording that will have you wanting more of the paranormal goodness. It is a read that you will want to devour in a short time, but savor after finishing.
Heather
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It Began With a Lie is a difficult book to pigeonhole, so I stopped trying. While billed as a romance, this book has very little romance in it. It's part paranormal mystery, suspense, women's fiction, crime story, all with a tiny bit of romance mixed in. But despite the mashed genres, it's a good story.

Becca returns to the town of Redemption to make a clean start with her husband and stepdaughter. Her husband's job is in shambles, and so is the house they own, Becca's deceased aunt's home. Add
April
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
It Began with a Lie by Michele Pariza Wacek is a Psychological thriller, romantic suspense, and paranormal Romance. Set in Redemption, Wisconsin. This story involves a woman, Becca, who is forced to move back to her Aunt Charlie's house because of financial circumstances. With a mysterious past, and living in what the locals call  "The Witch House", she encounters an old high school crush, Daniel. Will she be able to get her

crumbling marriage back on track and become closer with her 16 year ol
Jill
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
It Began With a Lie is a psychological thriller with so many different facets. It is not what I would normally read, but I am so happy I decided to give this book a try. As soon as I started this book I didn’t want to put it down. The twists and turns throughout the book kept me fully engaged, wanting to know the outcome. Though many things are solved in the book, there are some things that are left unanswered. And OMG that ending?! I seriously can't wait for the next book! If you are a fan of p ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The great plot was well written and the characters were so well developed that as I turned each page the chemistry between the characters kept me totally hooked until the very last page!
Jeanine
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, own-it, thriller
I really enjoyed this book!
Heather Martin
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It Began with a Lie

**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

This book was not what I expected, even as I was reading it! About 25% into it, I was annoyed and had wrote a three paragraph review because I was so annoyed with Rebecca but I kept thinking there was something more ahead, and WHOA, there was.

I was annoyed because Rebecca was spineless and weak when it came to her husband and step-daughter. And I just
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me and I took the plunge after reading the blurb and, boy, am I happy I did!! This psychological thriller/mystery suspense story really did things to my brain. I felt I was part of the character, Rebecca, and everything she felt, I did too. I was so engrossed in the words, in the story, that sometime I wondered what was real and what was not... and that’s rare to find in this genre. But this author really pulled it off and I can’t imagine the mental turmoil it must’ve tak ...more
Brenda
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

It Began With A Lie is not my usual read but I found it extremely difficult to put down.

This is this author's debut full length novel. There is a novella which was published prior to this book.

Once I got started I wanted to know what would happen next. Were there truly ghosts involved or was the entire thing brought on by bad meds?

Was Chrissy really a bad teenager or was everything she did brought on by bad parenting?

Almost from the start I wanted Becca to leave her jerk of a husband and Daniel
Betty
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lies, Distortion and Trickery
I rather enjoyed this story, though it tended to twist around confusing me. A casual get-together with old friends, return to the house she knew so well, where she spent so many happy hours with her aunt. Perhaps not always happy, there were nightmares to overcome.

Arriving from a life in New York to the house of her childhood in the town of Redemption, is quite a change and not always pleasant. Even fear in some of those memories. It seems the house is a presenc
Katherine Yearwood
It Began With a Lie a psychological thriller by Michele PW that you don’t want to miss. Years ago, something bad happened in her Aunt Charlie house that left one teen missing and Rebecca unable to remember that summer night. Now fifteen years later, Rebecca "Becca" is back. With the death of her Aunt Charlie, who left the house to Rebecca. But, Rebecca doesn’t feel comfortable about staying in the house, which is known in the community of Redemption, Wisconsin, as being haunted. But with nowhere ...more
N.D. Jackson
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
It Began With A Lie is a psychological thriller involving a woman, Becca, who is forced to move back to her Aunt Charlie's home due to financial circumstances. The problem is that in this house, something terrible happened. At least she thinks it did, but she can't really say. The problem is that once she's back in the home she hadn't set foot in for a couple decades, she starts having strange feelings and visions she can't explain.

The story itself was okay but because it was written in first pe
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It Began With a Lie isn't a story that I normally read, as it's a psychological thriller with paranormal undertones, however, I found myself unable to put it down after starting it. I usually try to give a description, but this is one of those stories that it's better giving much of one at all. Basically, Becca has to move from New York to Redemption, Wisconsin, because of financial issues. She moves into her Aunt Charlie's house, and the story takes off from there. There are so many twists & tu ...more
Jaymi The OC Book Girl
This book was not my usual genre, but it was sure exciting! I don’t like scary, ghostly, haunted storylines because they give me nightmares. I had to put this book down a few times because I was getting creeped out!

Rebecca and her husband Stefan and his daughter Chrissy are going back to Rebecca’s hometown of Redemption to deal with the house that was left to her. Unfortunately 15 years ago something terrible happened in the house and going back is the last thing she want to do.

There was so mu
Diana
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town thriller

Becca and her family has moved from New York to Redemption, Wisconsin to live in the house her aunt Alice had left to her in her will. It is haunted so the locals say and Becca needs to try to put her family back together here. Her husband is a lawyer and he has a sixteen year old daughter who doesn't her stepmother.
Things start happening in the house and Becca thinks she is losing her mind like she did years ago. This is a strange story of ghosts and betrayal and a small town
Obsessive Book Nerd Lauren
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
To start, I want to share that I'm not a fan of scary. I don't watch scary shows or movies. I don't read horror either. While ghost stories used to thrill me, I've gone soft in my older age (I know, early 30's isn't old). But I decided to branch out and read something different. IT BEGAN WITH A LIE was so different and oh so good. There were times when I had to put the Kindle down because I was getting just a little creeped out. Or thought maybe I shouldn't read at night before bed. But I devour ...more
Amy
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

I couldn't put it down!!! Loved the characters, the setting, the backstory...well all of it!!! Kept you guessing and looking around every corner. It's been quite a while since I read a book that held my interest as much as this one did. I am purchasing the 2nd book right away!!!
Rose Hefty
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love This Book!

I loved reading It Began With a Lie! I was transfixed with the storyline and couldn't out it down. There is lots of mystery, intrigue, and other scary things. I am looking forward to the next book to find out more unanswered questions this storyline brought up. Enjoy!
Barbara Fraley
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book - finding one's strength, one's voice, while everyone thinks you're crazy. why would anyone think you were crazy? ghosts? memory loss? or something more sinister? this is a definite read!!
Rita
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. The author has a way of making you feel the main characters feelings and pain. I won't forget this book. Her main character is amazing. The story left me feeling sad and shocked. An interesting story for sure!
Kathi Hoops
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow,

Great book can hardly wait for the next one ! Only had part is know 2019 before the third book!
Margaret Yelton
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this ebook in a Goodreads giveaway. This was a new author for me, overall the book was very good. Lots of twists and turns and left me guessing until almost the end about the outcome of the book. I would certainly recommend it to others.
Debi
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great ghost/mystery story.

This book was a little slow starting, or maybe it was me who had trouble connecting with it right away. Either way, after I got into it it was like riding a roller coaster. I thought I knew where this was going but didn't have all the pieces and was, indeed, surprised at the end. I won't reiterate the story, as it's been done in other reviews. If you are into supernatural mysteries, you'll love this series. Now, I'll read the Secret Diary of Helen Blackstone to find ou
Pam Merrill
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining story that keeps you trying to figure out what is going on. I hated to stop reading to go to bed but had things to do the next day. Now I want to read the series.
Becca moves to Redemption when she inherits her Aunts haunted house where she spent her summers growing up.
roxanne mills
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cliffhanger

This book had you setting on the edge of your seat..at first I thought some of the story was far fetched with spirits and ghost but it all came together in the end
Thomas Hass
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I LOVED this book! It had everything I could want in a truly good mystery. I NEVER saw that ending coming! Just WOW! I still can't wait to.find out what happened to Jessica!
Jennifer Newell
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very clever story that kept me guessing until the end. Becca was very close to her Aunt Charlie we recently past away and left her the house. Becca her husband and step daughter move into the old said to be haunted house. When Becca starts having problems like she did 15 yrs ago, who will come to help her? Can she rely on old friends? Is Becca crazy?
Kathy
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery to the end

This story was scary, a little funny but l loved how it kept me guessing till the end. Read this you won't regret it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wrath of the Sister
  • I Know Your Every Move (Sophie Brown, #1)
  • Her Hidden Past (Rosemary Run #2)
  • Her Boldest Lie (Rosemary Run #3)
  • Almost Gone (The Au Pair—Book One)
  • She's Missing
  • A Frayed Web
  • The Opposite of Dark (Casey Holland Mysteries, #1)
  • Sins of the Child
  • K.A.R.M.A
  • The Perfect Family
  • Doppelgänger
  • The Intern (Brooke Walton Series, #3)
  • Cold Bath Lane (McBride Vendetta #3)
  • Consumed (Agent Hank Rawlings, #2)
  • 1st Shock (A Schock Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Her Darkest Hour (Rosemary Run #4)
  • With Wanton Disregard
When Michele was 3 years old, she taught herself to read because she wanted to write stories so badly.

As you can imagine, writing has been a driving passion throughout her life.

* She's an award-winning, bestselling fiction author, writing psychological thriller/mystery/romantic suspense novels.

* She's a bestselling nonfiction author, creating the popular "Love-Based Business" series of books.

* Sh

Secrets of Redemption (3 books)
  • This Happened to Jessica (Secrets of Redemption #2)
  • The Evil That Was Done (Secrets of Redemption, #3)