Start by marking “Never Let Go (Uncommon Justice #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Let Go (Uncommon Justice #1)

Never Let Go

(Uncommon Justice #1)

As a forensic genealogist, Willow Anderson is following in her late grandfather's footsteps in her quest for answers about a baby abducted from the hospital more than twenty years ago. The case may be cold, but things are about to heat up when someone makes an attempt on her life to keep her from discovering the truth.

Ex-FBI agent--and Willow's ex-flame--Austin McKade read
Published February 5th 2019 by Fleming H. Revell Company

Start your review of Never Let Go (Uncommon Justice #1)
Deanne Patterson
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author and I want to know why? Why haven't I read her books before? Right from the prologue of the story I was hooked! This book is really intense it takes us through the wilds of Wyoming. I loved reading the description of the rugged terrain as forensic genealogist, Willow Anderson and Ex-FBI agent--and Willow's ex-flame--Austin McKade traverse it just to survive. I loved seeing how Austin does everything in his power to protect Willow, even putting his ...more
Lilian
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
*squeals* I loved this suspense nugget of a book! 😀 I normally have high expectations for Christian suspense novels (having read all really good ones), and I’m really glad to say that Never Let Go fit the bill! It was quite a bit more intense than I would’ve liked it to be, but nothing over the top. Really kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat the whole time. 😉

The forensic-genealogist-ness part of it was done pretty well. I like that most of the clue solving was actually solved using clues
Susan Sleeman
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this fast-paced and emotional page-turner, bestselling author Elizabeth Goddard keeps the stakes high, the romantic tension sparking, and the outcome uncertain until the very end.

Do you ever pick up a book and from the first page you know it’s going to really good? Well, Never Let Go, book one in Elizabeth Goddard’s new Uncommon Justice Series is one of those books. The opening scene is so powerful that you can’t stop reading before the scene ends. And then, when you finish the opening, Godda
Camille Esther
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I particularly enjoyed Austin's point of view, as he's dealing with the trauma in his past. He felt very relateable, even though he was terrified to open up about himself.
I enjoyed the depth of the mystery, and trying to get it figured out before the end. I did guess the who the bad guy was, but wasn't sure of the connection until the end. I stayed up late to finish it.
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
Wow-zah. This was the first book I've read by Elizabeth Goddard, and I'll tell you now...it will not be my last.

The author wrote a captivating story with a prologue that will hook you and never let you go.
(😉😉)
She wrote wonderful characters who had a lot of pain and baggage they had to deal with. Lots of healing happened throughout the pages.

Austin fought A LOT of demons. He beat himself up over things he had no control over. He learned to hold secrets in until they almost killed him. Even thoug
Brittany
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Never Let Go was an intense story! This is one of my favorite books that this author has written. It was so interesting to watch as Willow and Austin worked to piece together the decades old kidnapping mystery, while trying to stay alive!

I loved the beautiful and rugged setting of Wyoming. It lent a wildness to the story that kept me on edge as I tried to work out who was behind the kidnapping of Jamie Mason. It was hard to know who to trust and clear that someone did not want their secret
Melissa Henderson
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first page and the first paragraph grabbed my attention. I couldn't wait to read the whole story and find the outcome. From a stolen child to long hidden secrets, this story kept me guessing until the end. Powerful, full of mystery and action. Great story. I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required.
Staci
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Elizabeth Goddard is a new to me author. This suspense novel kept my interest from start to finish. The opening pages definitely pulled me in right away...a stolen baby! Gasp!

The unraveling of what happened and why seemed plausible to me. I didn't guess who the villain was.

I look forward to continuing the series.
Melissa
This is the first novel I have read by Elizabeth Goddard and it definitely won't be the last. Never let Go is the first in the Uncommon Justice series.

One of the most interesting parts of the story to me was the fact that Willow, the main character, was a forensic genealogist. I was not aware of such a career so I found that quite fascinating. After her grandfather dies, Willow takes on one of his cases which involved finding the missing child of a woman who was dying. Her dream was to meet the
Debbie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
"Never Let Go" is a romantic suspense novel. Unfortunately, the story just didn't work for me. Austin deals with emotional trauma in his past by ignoring it. Willow can't help but dig up a person's past. This is given as the reason their relationship didn't work, so it should be great once Austin starts sharing about his past. Except her lack of trust is still a major issue. It's things like her asking (or agreeing) that he should leave, then feeling devastated that he's abandoning her (which he ...more
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
If you’re looking for a romantic suspense novel to keep you guessing until the very end, you’ll love Never Let Go by Elizabeth Goddard!

This extremely well-crafted story delivers a fantastic mix of mystery, intrigue, romance and suspense. Never Let Go starts out with an intense prologue and eventful opening chapters, then slows down just enough to allow readers to relax, witness the character development and contemplate the clues to this cold case.

Remember how I said it slows down just enough? D
Christian Fiction Addiction
Elizabeth Goddard's novel "Never Let Go" starts off with a bang, snatching you into a mystery that will keep you guessing throughout. She has crafted an intriguing cold-case with the underlying premise that sets things into action, and in those first few pages I wondered to myself what it would take for someone to be willing to go to such lengths for a baby and how it would feel to be that parent who experiences that. Goddard certainly has a fertile imagination, as the story is filled with unexp ...more
Fiction Aficionado
When it comes to cold-cases, they don’t come much more emotionally charged than tracking down someone who was abducted as a newborn twenty-one years ago. Especially when the bereaved mother has leukemia and possibly only a few months left to live. It’s the kind of situation that tugs at the heart strings, even when you’re mourning the recent loss of your own grandfather and not at all sure you have the ability to fill his shoes. Add in the reappearance of an ex-boyfriend and the stage is set for ...more
Sarah Grace Grzy
Elizabeth Goddard is the author of numerous titles for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line, as well as several titles for Barbour Books, including the 2011 Carol Award-winning The Camera Never Lies. Never Let Go is the first in her new Uncommon Justice series, published by Revell.

Both the description and the cover immediately grabbed me when I first saw this book. Forensic genealogy and a cold case? I’m in. Our main characters, Willow Anderson and Austin McKade, both have emotion-packed back
Toni Shiloh
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A book full of twists and turns. And a really, really great prologue that hooked me in.
Trixi
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The case may be cold, but things are about to heat up.

Fast-paced and action-packed, Elizabeth Goddard writes a riveting full length romantic suspense that will keep your heart pumping and glued to the pages! A twenty-one year old cold-case investigation turns deadly in a quick hurry when Willow Anderson continues what her late grandpa JT started. Working alongside ex-boyfriend Austin McKade to find the culprit behind the attacks on her, will test these two to the limits!

The romantic angst is j
Kelly Bridgewater
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Romantic suspense is a genre that I read widely in, so when I read that Elizabeth Goddard was moving into a full-length romantic suspense novel from her shorter Love Inspired Suspense novels, I was intrigued. The novel, Never Let Go, does start out a little slow. Goddard spends a little too much time explaining Willow's and Austin's backstory right up front, even though she hints at a mystery to Austin's backstory. The backstory for Austin wasn't that big of a deal for me. I have seen it before ...more
Kav
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think my brain has whiplash. This plot doesn't have twists -- it has so many sharp turns that a reader might just need a seat-belt for her sleuthing armchair.

Great pacing between romance and investigative work and full out action. Love the forensic genealogist angle -- such an intriguing approach to a suspense. The mystery is layered so thickly it's a gnarly mess that was fun to pull apart and try to make sense of. Once it was all over, I actually had to sit there and rehash some of it. "Wait.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Sometimes I am just in the mood for an exciting, suspense filled book. This book started out a bit slowly for me even though there were plenty of things happening. BUT. It had an excellent build up of tension both in the story line and between Willow and Austin. I could feel everything growing, expanding and becoming more intense as the book progressed. I love when that happens. I was constantly trying to figure out where things were going and how everything could possibly resolve.

Genealogy is s
CD {Boulder Blvd}
When I finished this book my response was: "Thank goodness it was over."
Faye
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Following the sudden death of her grandfather, forensic genealogist Willow Anderson continues his work on a cold case kidnapping that happened over 20 years ago. But when someone makes an attempt on her life, she knows that she is on the right track.

Former FBI agent, and Willow's Ex-Boyfriend Austin McKade offers his help. Austin must confront his past, if he's going to fight to win back the one who got away.

A fast paced read, with fantastic tension, strong characters lead this explosive read.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
3.5 Stars

NEVER LET GO is the start of a new romantic suspense series that offers plenty of romance and suspenseful action. There is a strong inspirational element woven through the story as well as plenty of mysteries and friendships. An entertaining read.

What I liked about the story:
- I really liked these characters! Willow and Austin are definitely leading characters readers can cheer on and connect with. They both have weaknesses and strengths, but I like how they were single-minded in findin
Minx
Never Let Go is a Christian romantic suspense that is also the start of a new series called Uncommon Justice. In this story, Willow Anderson is reeling from the recent loss of her grandfather, JT Anderson, who was her closest friend as well as mentor. Willow was trying to settle JT’s affairs, starting with the business that he started and one that she was an employee of, Anderson Consulting. The business was that of forensic genealogy where Willow and JT would work on cold cases and bring the tr ...more
Beth Erin
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

Willow and Austin’s complex relationship made my heart accelerate and sent my matchmaking hopes into overdrive! Willow’s story is heartbreaking yet the fact that she simply keeps putting one foot in front of the other (despite the fog of her often overwhelming grief) is truly inspiring. Willow is obviously intelligent and I admire her quick and analytical thinking.

Austin is a tough guy hero with baggage, regrets, and a vulnerable core (which makes him and fran
Suzie Waltner
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
In her first foray from the shorter, category fiction, Elizabeth Goddard gives readers a book with enough twists and turns to rival the Wyoming mountain roads.

From the prologue to the almost immediate danger Willow finds herself in, I was caught up in this story. What really happened to Willow’s grandfather? Between Austin and Willow? To the baby? So many unanswered questions!

Admittedly, there was more introspection—especially on Austin’s part—than I usually like in my romantic suspense leads. S
Elizabeth
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never Let Go ( Uncommon Justice #1 )
By: Elizabeth Goddard
Never Let Go is book one in a brand new series Uncommon Justice by Elizabeth Goddard. I was drawn in right at the start and did not want to put it down. I was not disappointed. There was several times I caught myself holding my breath. Ms. Goddard has another top winner. Love the story and the characters, both was well written and realistic. Never Let Go is a fast paced page turner that will have you trying to read faster to see what is go
Ariel Masters
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much! The prologue hooked me, but the story itself carried me to the end. By a quarter of the way, I had already formed a SHIP with the two main characters.

I was impressed that the author opened the book with grief. Honestly, I feel grief can be one of the hardest things to write because the emotions can be crippling, depressing, or... motivating. I think Elizabeth managed a bit of all three with a ton of the latter.

I really liked Willow, and related to her in many way
Paula  Phillips
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Lately, I have been on a bit of a mystery buzz, and in the past, I had gone off ECF type books as they just seemed to be the same story over and over again. I had never read any of this author's before, but it had captured my attention as featured the case of a baby who was abducted via hospital when it was a few hours old over twenty years ago. Katelyn Mason had just given birth only to have her baby stolen from her; she spent many years searching but eventually ended up as a cold case with the ...more
Rebecca
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Read my full review at: https://grzybee.weebly.com/book-revie...

I am very conflicted over this story. As much as I wanted to like it and it falls into a genre (action, mystery, suspense, etc.) that I like, I had a really hard time getting into the story. And I really don't know the reason why I had such a hard time falling into the pages and letting the story sweep me away.
Rebecca
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it

"People tend to look for a needle in a haystack . . . . . . . When all they need is one good thread . . "

Forensic genealogist Willow Anderson is used to looking for "needles" and "threads"; knowing that the most obscure detail could morph into the missing piece of a client's puzzle. But following the tragic death of her grandfather, the founding member of Anderson Consulting, Willow isn't sure that she wants to continue the legacy of excellence that J.T. began. Her heart wasn't in it, .

• Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)
  • One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations, #3)
  • In Too Deep (Dive Team Investigations, #2)
  • A Secret to Die For
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • Breach of Trust (Atlanta Justice, #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
  • Expired Refuge (Last Chance County #1)
  • Deadly Intentions
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Dark Prophecy (Elite Guardians, #4.5)
  • Dead Ringer (Truth Seekers #1)
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Dead End (Kaely Quinn Profiler Book #3)
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2)
Elizabeth Goddard is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than thirty romance novels, including the romantic mystery, The Camera Never Lies—a 2011 Carol Award winner. A 7th generation Texan, Elizabeth graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and worked in high-level software sales for several years before retiring to home school her children and fulfill her dreams of becom ...more

Uncommon Justice (3 books)
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • Don't Keep Silent (Uncommon Justice, #3)

News & Interviews

“Protection poured off him as if he wore armor and held up a shield to defend her.” 0 likes