Start by marking “Arrogant Devil” as Want to Read:
Arrogant Devil

Arrogant Devil

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  11,489 ratings  ·  1,182 reviews
A full-length STANDALONE romantic comedy from USA TODAY bestselling author R.S. Grey.

Everyone in Cedar Creek, Texas, knows Jack McNight is an arrogant devil. Physically, I get it: he’s tan and fit, with coal-black hair that’s clearly been scorched by hellfire. Oh, and his personality? It burns just as hot.

When I show up on the doorstep of Blue Stone Ranch, I’m run-down
Published May 10th 2018

·  11,489 ratings  ·  1,182 reviews

Start your review of Arrogant Devil
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Arrogant Devil is by a new to me author, R.S. Grey. You know the saying from the movie, “You had me at hello?” Well, that pretty much wraps up my feelings for this book. Ms. Grey had me from the first page. I now consider myself a devoted fan.

Meredith Avery is probably one of my favorite heroines I have ever read about. Meredith had been married for five years to a rich husband. On the outside, it looked like she had the fairy tale life and that’s the image she allowed others to see. Only it wa
Katerina
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
6+1 Reasons to Read Arrogant Devil

1. Alfred, the A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E golden retriever.

Whether you love animals or not (you monster!), Alfred is going to steal your heart. He's loyal, fluffy and ideal for cuddles and drunken confessions.

2. Cedar Creek, Texas, the getaway you never knew you needed.

If you like books taking place in good ol' South, with its warmth, the homey atmosphere, well-mannered old ladies, homemade cookies and sweet tea, you're going to have the time of your life! Rachel - bl
Warda
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
Perfect. Just perfect. I have no words. Other than I’m moving to Texas to find my fuckin’ Jack. And this is my favourite R.S. Grey book to date.

EDIT:I wasn’t going to review this book. But I feel like I must do it, just because this book deserves it. It needs more attention. Everyone needs to read it and have such a book in their lives.

Like I said, this book is my favourite book by R.S. Grey currently. Like with every one of her books, she excels in writing and bringing the characters to life.
Alex ♈
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe, unlikable-hero
Update May 18, 2018

I update my rating from 3 to 3.5 stars
Just finished a book with similar plot and this one (I mean THIS book) was done better, so much better!!!

I liked the heroine a lot. I love to read about women, who become stronger and this one was a fighter! Fortunately they didn’t embarrass her much, they didn’t put her in silly situation and she apart from her love interest in a man, who treated her bad, she was a solid woman!

It’s better not to have any sibling than h’s sister (who sprea
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

I am in love with this book. In love with Cedar Creek. In love with Alfred!!! In love with Edith, Chris, David, the rest of the ranch hands and the people in town, and most importantly, I'm in love with Meredith and Jack. I feel like I say this every time this author releases a new book, but Arrogant Devil is officially my favorite R.S. Grey book!

Meredith Avery has had enough of her cheating, bigshot producer husband, and flies from California to Cedar Creek, a small
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

It feels like we’re going fast, but there’s no slowing down, no going steady. This moment has been weeks in the making. I’ve written a thesis in my head about the things I’d like to do to her body.

I am an R.S. Grey “fangirl” for LIFE!! I love her stories and ”ARROGANT DEVIL” is going up there as one of my top favorites by this amazing author!! No one pulls off the ”enemies-to-lovers” trope as perfectly as she does! I devoured this book!! Abs
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meredith Avery is a beautiful 28 yr. old woman living in California who married her wealthy husband right out of college. To the outside world she lives this grand life in Beverly Hills where she has everything she could ever want. Her reality is a much different story. One evening Meredith decides her marriage is over, and she leaves in the middle of the night with literally just the clothes on her back. She boards a plane to Texas hoping her sister will give
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
💙5 STARS💙

I loved Arrogant Devil so much!What a beautiful story,I fall in love with the characters!It's not a secret that I love whatever Rachel writes but I feel with this story she touched me even more!

description

The banter between Meredith and Jack was entertained and one of my favorite things in the story!They have so many funny and sweet moments!I felt so connected to their characters and the story!This one is dealing with some serious issues !I have so many feelings while I was reading it!

I highly re
Jessica
So I know I was supposed to fall in love with Jack buuuut I’m eloping with the silver vixen Edith instead. 😄

I’ve been seeing so many rave reviews for this that I’m honestly a little baffled by how medicore this actually was.

To sum it up in a few quick words: The romance was deliciously slow and had a lot of potential but the way Jack behaved towards Meredith for a good portion of the book was horrible and ruined the romance for me.

I hate injustice, prejudices and people being treated unfairly,
♡ diasreads ♡
"All I know is that I was turned on and fidgety. I wanted to fan my face and shout 'Lawd, have mercy' with a serious southern twang."

I think whenever R.S Grey releases a new book, my current most favorite book from her gets toppled from the top and is replaced with her newest book. I guess if someone were to ask me what my single most favorite book from her EVER, I'd be dumbfounded and speechless because it keeps changing every time! (Sorry, I'll get back to you on that, but in th
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to RomCom, nobody does it better than R.S. Grey. Between her quirky characters, their quick-witted banter, and their absolutely winning personalities, it’s a recipe for success. I knew the moment I started Arrogant Devil that this was my kind of read. It screamed HEART and LAUGHS and SWOON and whoa, did it deliver. Meredith and Jack are enchanting as their distaste for each other turns into something so delightfully tender. Grey really infuses her stories with heartfelt emotions, r ...more
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
I am telling you... I love R.S. Grey books.
They are quick, easy reads for me and always break me out of any reading slump.
This book was fantastic.
Loved it. Couldn't put it down.
The enemies-to-lovers aspect was done well.
The steamy vibes coming off these two was delicious.
I'm looking forward to my next R.S. Grey read!

Beatrice Masaluñga
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Arrogant Devil is definitely my cup of tea. I live for hate-to-love stories that isn't an insta-love. The story was simply delightful and lighthearted. Jack and Meredith have great character developments and both shine on their own. They're just lovable, even Grandmama Edith.

Meredith Avery grew up in a comfortable and luxurious life. Some people think she's lucky and happily married to her rich husband for five years. It was the
lucie
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am thinking about moving to Texas to find a man like Jack McNight.
So yeah, I pretty much loved this book.

Diana
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I have read, and enjoyed, a few books by this author, but I honestly went into this book blind by not even reading the blub. I was sucked into the story from the very beginning and I really had a hard time putting it down.

Meredith has finally left her abusive husband and is now in Cedar Creek, Texas to start a new life on her own. She finds herself at Blue Stone Ranch as a housekeeper and is determined to make it work. Her main focus is to keep her head down and work hard, not to be att
Jennifer Kyle
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!
Stacey is Sassy
Finding your happy place…

My friend recently 5-starred Arrogant Devil and it made my head pop up like a book-nerd hearing about a 50% off sale on all books. At first, there was the usual trying to talk myself out of “needing” a new book. Then, I convinced myself that it couldn’t be as good as rumour says. I took my first step towards the shiny object. How could I deny myself a treat? I work hard for my money, I deserve a treat. But, then, I stopped…took a squinty look at the cover and hesitated.
Melanie (mells_view)
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want to know when exactly I let my guard down enough to fall in love.

Good “city girl, runs away to the country” read. I enjoyed Meredith and Jack’s back and forth. I loved that she felt like she could be strong with him and not back down. All in all this is a great “enemies to lovers” combined with the “new in a small town” trope. It’s a little funny, a little sad, a little sweet, a tiny bit steamy. All in all a good read.
Rabiya
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS CUTE
Ida
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Arrogant Devil is a standalone novel that gives you exactly what the blurb promises, romance and humor, pluss a little extra.

“That truck runs just fine when I drive it!” “Yeah, the engine’s probably running from you like everyone else around here!”
description
The gif might not be appropriate, but it's a dog dressed as a devil, so I'm sticking with it.

The character list includes two highly attractive main characters (obviously), a feisty grandma and a adorable dog.
description
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they ma
Dali
Happy Book Birthday

With Arrogant Devil, R. S. Grey delivers a delightful, entirely captivating story.

Five years ago Meredith Avery thought and everyone around her she’d won the husband jackpot and married for love. The truth no one knows is that she’s been trapped in a loveless and abusive marriage until she can’t take it anymore. With the clothes on her back she leaves towards Texas in the hopes her sister Helen will help, only to find out she’s out of town.

Jack McNight has his hands full run
Nikki ღ Navareus
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY!!!

***FIVE STARS!***
This story sucked me right in from the very first page and kept me glued to the very ending. Jack was a total asshat to Meredith, wrongly pre-judging her and making her life hell just to get her out of his hair. Meridith had an enormous amount of strength, and she never lost her sense of humor. It was fun watching these two scrabble through most of the story then finally start to come together as a couple by the ending. (view spoiler)
Sentranced Jem
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If there's a book you could say defines perfection, this book, Arrogant Devil, is IT.
What an absolute joy it has been to read this book.
To be honest, after I was done reading, I though to myself "this would make such an awesome movie".. it's hilariously funny, it's hopeful, it has moments of trials, face palm moments, moments where you want to punch some faces, cry your heart out... Have moments of intense hopelessness and in a snap... Have people around you give you unconditional love and suppo
melissafandomworld
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RE-READ August '18
What a joy it was to go back into the world of Jack and Meredith. This was a perfect 'in between book' that I loved re-reading. Read my original review beneath to see what I think of this book. I loved it just as much this time around as I did when I first read it back in May, earlier this year.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
This enemies to lovers romance is probably the Best one I’ve read so far and I’m not surprised for one second, that it is written by the hand of RS Grey; that she’s the o
Claire Contreras
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I love most about R.S. Grey's books is that they make me feel like I'm hanging out with a friend. From the witty banter to the internal dialogue, she makes you feel like you're living in the pages. This book is no different. The humor, the slow-burn, the main characters, the side characters, the story, the pacing . . . everything was R.S. Grey perfection.
Sunny ✨wordslikefury✨
Five stars for the female protagonist for being the strong bad ass woman that she was. One star for the male protagonist for being an absolute judgemental asshole right off the bat without even knowing her.
Snow

A 28 year old Meredith leaves her rich producer husband Andrew of five years cause of the emotional and mental abuse that no one saw as possible as she played the part of a perfect trophy wife. But she had enough and in search of her new self, she goes to Texas, reaching out to her half-sister Helen, who finds her a temporary job at the Blue Stone Ranch, lead by the arrogant devil, the elusive, broody and serious rancher, Jack.

They both have preconceived notions and hear-say assumptions about on
Anja H.
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 COUNTRY STARS*

“Love is supposed to make us fools.”

That’s it. I’m moving to Texas to find a Jack McNight. Enough said. Ok bye! 👋🏻
Dilek VT
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The heroine is adorable, I liked her very much. With her sweet sense of humor, it is impossible not to like her. However, I hated the hero. For 71% of the book, he is a cruel judgmental prick! Thanks to the heroine’s jealous, cold-hearted and judgmental half-sister, he believes that the heroine is a spoiled rich princess who is on an adventure to give her husband a lesson so that he comes begging. The reality is so very different but our hero Jack doesn’t even ask her. He puts the label on her a ...more

• Dirty Headlines
  • Marriage for One
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • The Hardest Fall
  • Two Weeks Notice
  • The Wild Heir (Royal Romance #2)
  • Hate Notes
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Inappropriate
  • Luna and the Lie
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • Outmatched
  • A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3)
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
  • Melt for You (Slow Burn, #2)
  • The Best Thing
  • Park Avenue Player
  • I Dare You
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey