Start by marking “Arrogant Devil” as Want to Read:
Arrogant Devil

Arrogant Devil

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  6,674 Ratings  ·  777 Reviews
A full-length STANDALONE romantic comedy from USA TODAY bestselling author R.S. Grey.

Everyone in Cedar Creek, Texas, knows Jack McNight is an arrogant devil. Physically, I get it: he’s tan and fit, with coal-black hair that’s clearly been scorched by hellfire. Oh, and his personality? It burns just as hot.

When I show up on the doorstep of Blue Stone Ranch, I’m run-down a
Published May 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Arrogant Devil, please sign up.

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Arrogant Devil is by a new to me author, R.S. Grey. You know the saying from the movie, “You had me at hello?” Well, that pretty much wraps up my feelings for this book. Ms. Grey had me from the first page. I now consider myself a devoted fan.

Meredith Avery is probably one of my favorite heroines I have ever read about. Meredith had been married for five years to a rich husband. On the outside, it looked like she had the fairy tale life and that’s the image she allowed others to see. Only it wa
Katerina
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
6+1 Reasons to Read Arrogant Devil

1. Alfred, the A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E golden retriever.

Whether you love animals or not (you monster!), Alfred is going to steal your heart. He's loyal, fluffy and ideal for cuddles and drunken confessions.

2. Cedar Creek, Texas, the getaway you never knew you needed.

If you like books taking place in good ol' South, with its warmth, the homey atmosphere, well-mannered old ladies, homemade cookies and sweet tea, you're going to have the time of your life! Rachel - bless
Warda
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
Perfect. Just perfect. I have no words. Other than I’m moving to Texas to find my fuckin’ Jack. And this is my favourite R.S. Grey book to date.

EDIT:I wasn’t going to review this book. But I feel like I must do it, just because this book deserves it. It needs more attention. Everyone needs to read it and have such a book in their lives.

Like I said, this book is my favourite book by R.S. Grey currently. Like with every one of her books, she excels in writing and bringing the characters to life.
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

It feels like we’re going fast, but there’s no slowing down, no going steady. This moment has been weeks in the making. I’ve written a thesis in my head about the things I’d like to do to her body.

I am an R.S. Grey “fangirl” for LIFE!! I love her stories and ”ARROGANT DEVIL” is going up there as one of my top favorites by this amazing author!! No one pulls off the ”enemies-to-lovers” trope as perfectly as she does! I devoured this book!! Abs
Alex ♈
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: unlikable-hero, safe
Update May 18, 2018

I update my rating from 3 to 3.5 stars
Just finished a book with similar plot and this one (I mean THIS book) was done better, so much better!!!

I liked the heroine a lot. I love to read about women, who become stronger and this one was a fighter! Fortunately they didn’t embarrass her much, they didn’t put her in silly situation and she apart from her love interest in a man, who treated her bad, she was a solid woman!

It’s better not to have any sibling than h’s sister (who sprea
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meredith Avery is a beautiful 28 yr. old woman living in California who married her wealthy husband right out of college. To the outside world she lives this grand life in Beverly Hills where she has everything she could ever want. Her reality is a much different story. One evening Meredith decides her marriage is over, and she leaves in the middle of the night with literally just the clothes on her back. She boards a plane to Texas hoping her sister will give he
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
💙5 STARS💙

I loved Arrogant Devil so much!What a beautiful story,I fall in love with the characters!It's not a secret that I love whatever Rachel writes but I feel with this story she touched me even more!

description

The banter between Meredith and Jack was entertained and one of my favorite things in the story!They have so many funny and sweet moments!I felt so connected to their characters and the story!This one is dealing with some serious issues !I have so many feelings while I was reading it!

I highly rec
Jessica
So I know I was supposed to fall in love with Jack buuuut I’m eloping with the silver vixen Edith instead. 😄

I’ve been seeing so many rave reviews for this that I’m honestly a little baffled by how medicore this actually was.

To sum it up in a few quick words: The romance was deliciously slow and had a lot of potential but the way Jack behaved towards Meredith for a good portion of the book was horrible and ruined the romance for me.

I hate injustice, prejudices and people being treated unfairly,
 ✨ Dianna ✨ (mylifeasannaidreading)
"All I know is that I was turned on and fidgety. I wanted to fan my face and shout 'Lawd, have mercy' with a serious southern twang."

I think whenever R.S Grey releases a new book, my current most favorite book from her gets toppled from the top and is replaced with her newest book. I guess if someone were to ask me what my single most favorite book from her EVER, I'd be dumbfounded and speechless because it keeps changing every time! (Sorry, I'll get back to you on that, but in the meantime
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to RomCom, nobody does it better than R.S. Grey. Between her quirky characters, their quick-witted banter, and their absolutely winning personalities, it’s a recipe for success. I knew the moment I started Arrogant Devil that this was my kind of read. It screamed HEART and LAUGHS and SWOON and whoa, did it deliver. Meredith and Jack are enchanting as their distaste for each other turns into something so delightfully tender. Grey really infuses her stories with heartfelt emotions, r ...more
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
I am telling you... I love R.S. Grey books.
They are quick, easy reads for me and always break me out of any reading slump.
This book was fantastic.
Loved it. Couldn't put it down.
The enemies-to-lovers aspect was done well.
The steamy vibes coming off these two was delicious.
I'm looking forward to my next R.S. Grey read!

R.S. Grey
May 09, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Last few hours to grab it at $0.99 before it goes live!!!

AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/2JVt7jh
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/2rotxI6
AMAZON CA: https://amzn.to/2rpdedz
AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2ro9mdp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Arrogant Devil is definitely my cup of tea. I live for hate-to-love stories that isn't an insta-love. The story was simply delightful and lighthearted. Jack and Meredith have great character developments and both shine on their own. They're just lovable, even Grandmama Edith.

Meredith Avery grew up in a comfortable and luxurious life. Some people think she's lucky and happily married to her rich husband for five years. It was the
lucie
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am thinking about moving to Texas to find a man like Jack McNight.
So yeah, I pretty much loved this book.

Diana
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I have read, and enjoyed, a few books by this author, but I honestly went into this book blind by not even reading the blub. I was sucked into the story from the very beginning and I really had a hard time putting it down.

Meredith has finally left her abusive husband and is now in Cedar Creek, Texas to start a new life on her own. She finds herself at Blue Stone Ranch as a housekeeper and is determined to make it work. Her main focus is to keep her head down and work hard, not to be att
Jennifer Kyle
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!
Rabiya
THIS WAS CUTE
Jemima
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If there's a book you could say defines perfection, this book, Arrogant Devil, is IT.
What an absolute joy it has been to read this book.
To be honest, after I was done reading, I though to myself "this would make such an awesome movie".. it's hilariously funny, it's hopeful, it has moments of trials, face palm moments, moments where you want to punch some faces, cry your heart out... Have moments of intense hopelessness and in a snap... Have people around you give you unconditional love and suppo
melissafandomworld
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RE-READ August '18
What a joy it was to go back into the world of Jack and Meredith. This was a perfect 'in between book' that I loved re-reading. Read my original review beneath to see what I think of this book. I loved it just as much this time around as I did when I first read it back in May, earlier this year.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
This enemies to lovers romance is probably the Best one I’ve read so far and I’m not surprised for one second, that it is written by the hand of RS Grey; that she’s the o
Stacey is Sassy
Finding your happy place…

My friend recently 5-starred Arrogant Devil and it made my head pop up like a book-nerd hearing about a 50% off sale on all books. At first, there was the usual trying to talk myself out of “needing” a new book. Then, I convinced myself that it couldn’t be as good as rumour says. I took my first step towards the shiny object. How could I deny myself a treat? I work hard for my money, I deserve a treat. But, then, I stopped…took a squinty look at the cover and hesitated.
Claire Contreras
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I love most about R.S. Grey's books is that they make me feel like I'm hanging out with a friend. From the witty banter to the internal dialogue, she makes you feel like you're living in the pages. This book is no different. The humor, the slow-burn, the main characters, the side characters, the story, the pacing . . . everything was R.S. Grey perfection.
Nikki ღ Navareus
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY!!!

***FIVE STARS!***
This story sucked me right in from the very first page and kept me glued to the very ending. Jack was a total asshat to Meredith, wrongly pre-judging her and making her life hell just to get her out of his hair. Meridith had an enormous amount of strength, and she never lost her sense of humor. It was fun watching these two scrabble through most of the story then finally start to come together as a couple by the ending. (view spoiler)
Aisling Zena

Free on Kindle Unlimited!

Kim
I don't know but I kind of expected more from this? The whole book was building up to Meredith and Jack hooking up, obviously, but when things started happening the whole book fell flat. All the issues got resolved so quickly and neatly near the end and then the actual sex wasn't even that hot, honestly.

In the beginning I felt pretty frustrated because of all the prejudice flying around. Meredith's sister Helen had formed a very biased opinion of her and Jack just assumed she was right, even tho
Snow

A 28 year old Meredith leaves her rich producer husband Andrew of five years cause of the emotional and mental abuse that no one saw as possible as she played the part of a perfect trophy wife. But she had enough and in search of her new self, she goes to Texas, reaching out to her half-sister Helen, who finds her a temporary job at the Blue Stone Ranch, lead by the arrogant devil, the elusive, broody and serious rancher, Jack.

They both have preconceived notions and hear-say assumptions about on
Cyndi
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe
I ended up loving this! Yes the hero was a big jerk for a long time, but I was able to move past it. The writing is terrific! Meredith is a great heroine! I really liked her and I ended up loving Jack! Big thanks to my friend Alex for putting this one on my radar😘
Ashley
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
View this full review and many more at: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

R.S. Grey has done it again! I don't know what I can say about her books that I haven't already said about the last seven books I've reviewed of hers. The bottom line is, I haven't met an R.S. Grey book I didn't like, with most books boasting a strong five-star rating on Goodreads from me. Arrogant Devil was no exception.

Even though I live in Texas myself, R.S. Grey has the most charming way of describing the settings and the nature of
Ana Vizentim
4,5 Devil Stars

I am an R.S. Grey “fangirl”!!!!!! So any book that has RS Grey's name on the cover is an automatic need-to-read for me, and I skip all my TBR to read it!
I liked Meredith a lot, but hated Helen.
Meredith had a great turn of her life!!!!

The chemistry between Jack and Meredith is so HOT from the start till the end!!!
description

And I really loved Grandma Edith!!!!
description

And Alfred..... OMG!!!!! I loved him!!!!
description

From this part on...... I died cheering for them.....
Alaina Meserole
Arrogant Devil was a cute ass book. The smut was so freaking good and I instantly fell in love with the main characters. HOWEVER, the dog and Edith (I think that's her name?) were my absolute favorite!

Okay, so this book follows the blossoming romance between Meredith and Jack. Meredith just left her husband who mentally abused her and went to where her half-sister Helen lived. Now her and Helen don't really know each other but thankfully Helen got her a job at the ranch she works at. At this jo
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/RSGrey/

Facebook:
“Love is supposed to make us fools.” 2 likes
“He was holding my head under water, and I didn’t drown, didn’t break. I grew gills.” 1 likes