Start by marking “When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries, #5)” as Want to Read:
When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries, #5)

When Evil Comes To Play

(The Veil Diaries #5)

My name is Alexis, though everyone calls me Lexie. I’m a Necromancer. I see the dead, talk to them, and help them move on. Well, I used to. Now, with the Veil closed, I’m the only way for a soul to cross over. It’s wearing me out, and according to my doctor, it’s going to killing me.

I don’t know how to tell the guys. I’m working on it, but there is so much going on right
Published May 4th 2018

Start your review of When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries, #5)
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 5 stars

I have just one two three seven things to say:

1. i fucking love this series;
2. i fucking love Zeke;
3. i fucking love Miles;
4. i fucking love Asher;
5. i fucking love Ethan;
6. i fucking love Isaac;
7. i fucking love Lexie.

review to come later, probably after a re(rerere)read
taveena kade
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5/4/18:
This is totally different from what i imagined, and that’s a great thing. so much kissing. zeke cuddles. isaac drama. So many unexpected things happened, and the whole necromancy situation was finally addressed. also, i wanted to make note of the fact that if you haven’t read B. L’s other series -the first book being Found- you should because it ties into this book.

4/24/18:
Ok so I was on iBooks preordering the book, when I realized that B. L. allowed a sample (a lot of authors don’t do
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
This is hands down my favorite Reverse Harem to date. This series as a whole just keep getting better and better. There is an actual plot that keeps you guessing and characters that make you root for them. I've binged these five in less than a week and now I'm just stalking the author wondering when she'll release the next one. "le sigh" This is what I get for starting an unfinished series.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS

I NEED MOREEEAHHHH sdifhk sdafisdhfhds

okay maybe need to do an immediate re read ... the wait for the next one omg.. I finished 1 minute ago and omg. I wont give anything anyway or comment on anything. At the this point at the 5th book you are probably just as into it as I am. Just read this and get hyped and what are you waiting for!? go get reading!!!
Siri
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY FUCKING GOD BL HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!
This book is a solid 5 STARS, my first 5/5 book this year! i LOOOVE this series so much, and i will do a reread asap
I also want and need to do a reread of Found (books of stone) . It was great to see Evelyn, Atticus and so on in this book.but i have forgot some stuff i think so i understand why it's good to have read found before WECTP

I love all of the guys and lexi , and wooaaw the parts when we got to read from the guys PoV was so good. I was in heaven

Silvia Andrito
Shelves: favorites
This installment was AMAZING!!!
Loved every second of it. Was fully engaged and couldn’t stop reading. It left me wanting for more. Can’t wait for the next one. Will write a better review when I am done freaking out like a fan girl.
Anna
This one was a painful book to get through. But it was definitely, absolutely, one hundred percent worth all the pain! As usual, time seems to fly when I'm reading these books. It ended way before I was ready for it to end, but it also gave me a lot of food for thoughts.
And there was a crossover! I was so giddy when it happened, I just couldn't sit still. I am not going to go into any details about it so as not to spoil anyone. But I'll say this one thing - it was fucking epic!
Also, some
K.B. Everly
I can't even...

I'm so excited BL finally released this!! I can't help but love the guys and Lexie more and more each book. This one tore my heart out and had me begging for more. I told BL we couldn't be friends anymore because of her teasing. All is now forgiven.
Kayla
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favrouites
An amazing installment of the series. Forever Team Zeke.
Lissa Hawley
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still one of my favorite RH series.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Why should you read The Veil Diaries:

Unique paranormal concepts! Lexie is the keeper of 'the veil' which is the passage between this world and the next for souls.
Great heroes! I love all the guys. They are each different and bring something special to the group.
Good balance between relationships and plot! The books all have a solid balance so that you aren't getting too much teen angst about relationships but not totally ignoring it either. The budding relationship with the guys is woven
Celeste
Just....how am I supposed to wait till the next one and not die of Miles and Zeke withdrawals?
Lexie and the gang try to help a kid whose nightmares leave physical marks, but the inadvertently open themselves up to harm. Lexie must reach out to a new source of help which proves to be much more useful than the witch that won't return phone calls. There are lots of other things going on in this book with each of the characters. I had my doubts that so many things could be juggled in one book, but the author pulled it off. I really thought there were too many things going on in the plot at ...more
The Talented Miss Ripley
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m in Awe!

First I loved the cover design I thought it was amazing and tied right into the storyline which is what I look to find when I dive into the story.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL I SOMEWHAT TELL THE BASIS TO THE STORY!

Lexie pushes her way through the ghost world, finding out she may not have long to live, finds out she could loose someone close if she doesn’t act fast, and then she realizes she’s in love with all of the fellas. This is all before summer concludes.

This is one of the most dynamic
Monique Schneider
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
The book wasn't bad but I expected soooo much and was very much disappointed.There were arcs unfinished from the previous books that I was looking foward to see that weren't even mentioned, plus after all that she's been through Lexie is still quite stupid about anything regarding her necromancy. I expected her to be more careful and yet she keeps doing stupid shit and annoying the shit out of me. Sorry B.L. maybe my expectations were too high but I expected more.
Shannon
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhh!! This book has left me so frustrated!! So many new questions and all the old ones still haven't been answered!! So many mysteries and I'm so frustrated at the guys and Lexie and argh! The development in their relationships and the epiphanies in the epilogue made me cry and aww. I am so in love with them all I just want them to be one big happy family!
Brittany Mason
I have no words

Well, I may have a few..
That book was amazing! Every book gets better and better. The character development, the story, the every thing. I didn't want to stop reading. I'm honestly so lost now that I've finished it... Just wow...
Jeanny
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-releases
Possiable Trigger: Suicide

MAY CG Book Challange: Read a sad book *Double check this book was soooo sad.
Princess J. Antoinette
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I will save my final review for this series until I read the final book... I know one thing for sure is that this author really knows how to burn my britches with these damn cliffhangers...

SMH when will they learn to stop with those damn cliffhangers? UGH

Anyway, I'm still loving this damn series though...

Overall rating:
4.5*- Very Good Read
Jessica
4.5 Stars

----RHR Buddy Read----

Damn! I can't believe when I first tried to read this series I actually put it down and DNF'd it. I have to thank my girls at Reverse Harem Revolution for getting me to come back to it and read on. Oh the power of peer pressure! Hahaha. It's the beauty of a buddy read.

Back to this book. DAMN! The doors on this world BLEW OPEN. It's getting real now. So much more is learned in this, so much progress made, there's movement here guys and I see a really cool story
Searcy
Review I was writing as I read the first 60% of the book:

That was the most amazing, gut-wrenching, heart-warming, frustrating rollercoaster of a book!

As usual, B.L. Brunnemer knocked it out of the park. Well written and compelling, with plenty of heart and emotion. Fully realized, three dimensional characters you can't help but care about.

But OH. SO. FRUSTRATING! Because you care about what happens to Lexie, Isaac, Zeke, Miles, Asher and Ethan it is incredibly wrenching to watch things go
Andrea Heltsley
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
Favorite book in the series yet! So excited for more of Lexi and more Evelyn! And the ending was absolutely fantastic. Five glittery stars since I can’t rate it ten!
Tiffany
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favorite book of the series so far. Like WOW! It's also the book I can probably talk the least about since I don't want to give away what happens. You will experience the full spectrum of emotions reading this book. The characters are going though one of the hardest times of their lives right now.

Lexie has necrotic lesions in her brain. They are growing at an alarming rate due to her work with the dead. Being constantly jumped and having blood pour out of your head on a daily
Alisha McCoy
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can not even begin to explain how I feel right now. I just need to sit and process. BL to me this is the best book so far. It just keeps getting better. You have completely amazed me. I have been a reader since I was little and I never thought I could pick a favorite author. I would always say it's too hard and that I have a couple favorites. Well you just broke that. Your writing and your style is more than just an amazing talent it's a true gift. The way you take each charter and mold them, ...more
Katrina
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rh
This a a great series

Loved it. The rumours were that this book was going to be a dramatic story full of heartbreak for the MCs- seriously, it’s fine. Don’t freak out. I found the second book harder to read than this one. I am really liking the direction this series is going in. I really can’t see this series getting stale this is an important book in the series so don’t skip it.
Nikki Thompson
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is so addictive! I could have read ten more if they were available. Hurry up!
Laura Walker
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So amazing!!!!! Holy crap!!!

I’m in love!!! Each book just gets better!!! Now I’m off to cry about how long I have to wait for the next book
JadeShea
When Evil Comes To Play starts off with some major issues. It has a whole lot of stuff going on, and Lexie and her guys are asked to help out with something new, and dangerous. Now, they must do what they can to help save others even though Lexie is getting worse. And there are other issues that keep coming up with each of the guys that must be dealt with as well. They must come together before it is too late.

So, this book starts off really sad. I mean horrible sad, I was in tears in the first
Emma Keaton
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you really love a series and you read it multiple times, follow the groups Facebook page, read everyone’s theories and spoilers/teasers from the author and even have the countdown for the next book you may start to worry that it won’t live up to your expectations. Well I can assure you this was not a problem at all. This book delivered. I got a lot of answers that I needed to be able to continue with the serious, whilst felt that other answers were just out of reach, enough to keep me on ...more
Tiera McMillian
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: september
Well, I didn't see this coming but I can't say I'm surprised that something else has happened to delay the actual plot of this from moving even further. These side lines are really breaking me down and my OCD is on fire for some actual progress. That being said we did get some interesting reveals and some new allies that may actually lead us in the direction necessary for progress. Not only that but we also get some new ideas to put off necromancer demise for even longer which was actually ...more

• Bound Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #1)
  • Free Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #2)
  • Blood Magic (Ariel Kimber #3)
  • Polaris (The Stardust Series, #6)
  • Don't Cheat Me (Nora Jacobs, #2)
  • The Crow’s Murder (Kit Davenport, #5)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Hidden in Smoke (Phoenix Rising #2)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
  • A Heart of Shame (The Redemption Saga, #2)
  • Variant Lost (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #1)
  • Heart of the Assassins (Academy of Assassins #2)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • The Ties That Bind (Ariel Kimber, #4)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • The Alpha’s Pack (Kit Davenport, #6)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • A Piece of Heaven (Allendale Four, #1)
B.L.Brunnemer has been a devoted reader since she was young. As a child, she was instantly attracted to horror stories. The plot, the suspense, the action. She loved it all. Which, as she grew, branched out into several other genres. But a strong female character always caught her eye. Through the years romance became a big part of her reading. Then she found the Young Adult/New Adult genre. But ...more

The Veil Diaries (7 books)
  • Trying To Live With The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #1)
  • When the Dead Come A Knockin' (The Veil Diaries, #2)
  • When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)
  • Whispers from the Dead (The Veil Diaries, #4)
  • Secrets From the Grave (The Veil Diaries, #6)
  • When The Dead Have It Easy (The Veil Diaries #7)