Start by marking “The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)

The Darkest King

(Lords of the Underworld #15)

A merciless prince feared by all…

Cursed by a vengeful witch, William of the Dark will die if he ever falls in love—murdered by the woman who steals his heart. His lone shot at redemption is a book filled with indecipherable code. Break the code, break the curse. Now, centuries later, he’s condemned to a string of one-night stands…until he finds the only woman in the worlds
Expected publication: February 25th 2020

Start your review of The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
Tanya Romanucci
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE December 15th 2019
I can't believe the release date is only 2 1/2 months away!
I feel like I've been waiting years for this release and don't know what I'll do with myself once its finally in my hands!
UPDATE July 20th 2019
Can we talk about that cover!!
UPDATE!!
I'm still waiting patiently and I'm still excited!!!
FINALLY!! In one year William's secrets will finally be
Jenny
May 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
'Sunny' the Unicorn shifter as the love interest, I think I just peed myself laughing - neighhhh!

The Darkest King’s new cover reveal

description

Goodbye William, you were once an interesting character but now you be Unicorn whipped.

description

And here it is the final Fuck You to Gilliam fans in all its glory.

description

Gena: It’s not about what you want it’s what you need
Me: well thanks

description

For the Gilliam fans who find themselves reading my review I can definitely recommend you something to ease the pain we have all been feeling

Laura :)
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gena Showalter did a FANTASTIC job with Gillian, Puck, and William’s story. I’m so HAPPY that they aren’t together because they WEREN’T a good fit. She is intertwining more plot and secrets to be revealed and as someone who has read this entire series up to the very end, yes. I was rooting for William and Gillian but I’m so excited for a brand new character that we have not seen yet to be with William! Like dude... SOMEONE so BADASS that we have not yet been introduced to is going to be William’ ...more
Sophia Triad
Apr 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
Surprise! William's story is next!

I have just realised that it is postponed for February 25th 2020!
Eda**
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
One of the last living UNICORN SHIFTERS Sunday “Sunny” Lane works (...) Then the darkly seductive William abducts her, holding her captive in Hell (...)

Wait... Unicorn shifters?

F**KING UNICORN SHIFTERS????

Even after the #GILLIAM betrayal, I was willing to give this series another chance.

But GURL... Gena is making it so hard to keep supporting her.

William's HEA is... I just... I can't.

I want to laugh my a** off, because I mean COME ON GUYS... F**king UNICORN SHIFTERS lol, but I feel too
Kat Witmer
And let me guess...the female lead is going to be some smart mouthed, feisty, ball buster that will give William a run for his money because that's exactly what this series needs is another OTT female! HARD PASS, in fact, I'm still nursing my snit from Gillian's big ole FU book that I'm gonna pass on the series for quite a while. #stilldisappointed
Joan
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Williams' long-awaited steaming pile of crap book is apropos to wrap up this sub-par, poorly-written, third-rate series. Puck this.
Caro
Jun 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
One of the last living unicorn shifters...

I repeat: Our heroine, Sunday Lane, one of the last living unicorn shifters.

A HORSE. First Gilly gets a Goat and now William gets a HORSE.

Look Gena. I know, I KNOW I told you to go and read Wet Goddess, that book about a dude falling in love and fucking a dolphin's brains out, as inspiration. I know I said that. And I'm sorry. I take it back. Please stop writing about goats and horses and dolphins having sex with everyone's favorite characters.

Only it
Grace
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
what's the point of this story if william is not ending up with gilly?

i don't understand how the author can make us happy???

UNLESS THE TWIST IS WILLIAM ENDS UP WITH GILLY.

all those years of shipping gilly and william and then the author just smacks me in the face by not pairing them.

and do you know how much my heart is going to hurt to see william with another romantic interest????? BUT NOOOOOO....THE AUTHOR DOESN'T CARE.

over this series. glad that it's finally going to be over.
The Anxious Bookaholic
Apr 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
description

Oh my god, I am so excited about this book! What are William's secrets? How will he deal with falling in love with someone so soon after losing Gilly? Who is going to be his partner? Does anyone have any speculations about the potential Mrs. William?

Also are we gonna see more of Siobhan? Honestly I am so happy that William's book is next that the only thing that can make me happier if Gena comes out and says Viola's book will be following.

Putting 5 stars from now just in case some of y'all
Shauna Gray
Jul 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
I am beyond excited for this book. To all the haters, y'all beating a dead horse. If William didn't end up with Gilly before now, then it wasn't going to happen. I know its been years and we all wanted to see it but lets be realistic for a minute. If it was meant to be then Gena Showalter would have wrote the book years ago.
Lucy Qhuay
Jul 18, 2019 marked it as to-read

18th of July, 2019
Are you telling me William's supposed fated mate is a unicorn shifter? A FUCKING UNICORN?

Really, Showalter? A unicorn? That's childish and stupid. All I can imagine is this…

Are you going out of good ideas? What now? Hey, we also don't know what exactly is William. Maybe he's a panda.

Really, what can I say about this clusterfuck?

Bee
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I AM SO EXCITED I CAN SCREAM!!!! GIVE WILLIAM A BADASS BITCH WHO WILL BRING HIM TO HIS KNEES!!! I BEG YOU!!

I’ve always said this but i will say it again: gilly was too soft for him. Seriously. He needs a woman who will crush him inside out - metaphorically of course and i don’t think gilly is capable of that.

I AM READYYY!!!
Maryknoll
Sorry not sorry. Not gonna read it.
◊♦ Naomi
Amazing. This book was EVERYTHING! I loved it so hard. So much happens and I just can’t even express how good it was! William is epic and as bad as ever, Sunny is one badass motherfucking unicorn who’s the perfect match for our favorite Ever Randy. The entire story had my heart pounding. I can’t wait for what’s to come. Seriously. I wasn’t expecting that but ...more
FlewB'DoobeyDoo
Jan 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Going to be totally honest.

When i reviewed the last book (Puck/Gillian) i was NOT impressed with what a lil'Biotch Gena made William into. Sure he's been badass in the past, but man, i still can't get his behavior in the last books Pucky taste out of my mouth.

Alright, so i didn't hate Puck and Gillian. Did i love it. MEHHHhhhhhhh. Did it bother me that the dude was half beast. No way, I'm all for a 'lil bit of somsome. I like to think I'm a pretty open minded broad. BUT, as was previously hinted
Shay McNeil
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m seeing so many people complaining about Gena not pairing William with Gilly. But the thing is it’s her story, her plot line. And then there’s people saying she paired Gilly with a goat but if you know Greek mythology where she is basing the majority of her plot off of. Pan is a satyr and also the god of lust and oh wow Puck is a satyr. coincidence?

That’s all I have to say. I’m going to keep reading this series until it ends.
Vinita Singh
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dang I didn't mean to add stars ;x I am very much looking forward to Willy's story!! Can't wait to meet his woman! I'm actually glad it wasn't Gillian, and I really adore her and Puck together. I hope I love Willy and his lady (or man) just as much =D
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I was not a fan of the idea of the William/Gilly pairing and loved Puck so I'm so down for this! Can't wait!
Celest
Feb 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Probably will get a lot of flack for this, but honestly I don't care if William gets a happily ever after. He's always been a thorn in my side since his introduction and his getting teased over crushing on Gilly was the only thing that kept him from being completely ignored when his scenes appeared in the books. I'll add it to my collection because I've been with this series for a long time, but the likelihood of my reading it is slim to none.
Mecca-Amirah Jackson
Aug 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
UNICORN SHIFTER?

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is that even a thing?

For William? I understand why he didn't end up with Gilly (evennnnnn though it destroyed years/books/ $$ of character development between them but that's another argument) but c'mon an unicorn shifter?

Sara
Feb 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
too be honest. I'm hoping for something different. it's always the same tough badass girls and it's been over played, I was actually really bored reading Gillian book, I set it down so many times and still haven't finished. it's always the same badass girl big mouths need something different.
Aline
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once the book actually does release, it would be nice for prospective readers to not have to wade through all the Gilliam complaining to get genuine reviews. If you’re not happy with the direction of the story, move on. The author shouldn’t have to apologize for wanting to stay true to her vision over pleasing a faction of readers. Yes, people pay to read these books, but that is a choice no one has, or will ever force you to make. None of the people making flippant, poorly thought out ...more
Courtney Skye Erie
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Can't wait for this next book :) gena is brilliant. I'm pumped for William. I think his mate is the morning star :) also can't wait for Hades story
Jacquelyn S
Feb 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
After this I want Viola's book. I didn't like her at first but she's really grown on me. I also want Axel's book. Maybe they could be together? I don't even know if they've met... but as far as I can tell neither of them have a love interest. Except maybe in the future Viola could be paired with Maddox's son. But I don't really want that to be a thing. Whatever I just think each of them needs a book and if it happened to be the same book you wouldn't hear me complaining.

Okay so for William:
I’m
Mimi
Jun 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Am eagerly waiting for this book. And honestly all those who've been rooting for Gillian and William should know this that Gillian never suited William. They should have gotten the idea sooner when William still went on sleeping with other women. I mean if they were truly meant for each other then William's actions would have been different. Loved the previous book. Now, waiting for this and many more from this series to come out.
Leslie Berndt
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Unsure about this book. Really would like to see WHO William is, but don’t really care about the rest. I thought Gilly really was a good match, but since we don’t have all the information about him, maybe not. THAT’S why idk if it’s worth spending the time and money on it.
Christina
Sep 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
I was so hoping it was gonna be Tahlya (?)....Gwens oldest sister. I figured if not Gilly, then at least Tahlya, she seems really interesting and an HBIC
Shalequa Hollingsworth
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly William is one of my favorite characters throughout this series. While I was upset at one point when him and Gilly didn’t end up together I understood why they were never going to work. Gilly needed someone that wouldn’t treat her like a fragile piece of glass and that’s what Puck did for her. But now I can’t wait to get the inside of Williams head!! I think it’ll be a book I wouldn’t be able to put down. If anyone knows when this book is going to come out please post it.
Ruchelle Violet
Aug 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
I'm super excited about this book.. I was upset for a while when I found out William would not end up with Gilly.. SWORE I wasnt going to read her book the darkest warrior...
But I caved last week and read it and I must say I loved every bit of it....
I love puck and gilly together.
And I'm hoping FREE WILLY'S book will be as amazeballs or even better....

• Privilege (Renzo + Lucia, #1)
  • Leopard's Run (Leopard People #10)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles #4)
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Having the Barbarian's Baby (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6.5)
  • Ice Ice Babies (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6.6)
  • Devi's Distraction (Icehome, #7)
  • Hannah's Hero (Icehome, #6)
  • Barbarian's Seduction (Ice Planet Barbarians, #17)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Sinful Like Us (Like Us, #5)
  • Angie's Gladiator (Icehome, #5)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles #5)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1, Lords of the Underworld #9.25)