Start by marking “Never Save a Demon (A Daughter of Eve #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Save a Demon (A Daughter of Eve #1)

Never Save a Demon

(A Daughter of Eve #1)

The rules for demon slaying are simple.
Rule #1: Never save a demon’s life.
… Oops.

Lyn Conway is a hot mess. She’s past due on her rent, can’t get clients to take her paranormal investigations business seriously, and … Oh yeah, she’s a demon hunter who broke the ultimate rule. She didn’t mean to save a demon’s life. She thought she was saving a cute guy from a horrific at
Published June 12th 2018 by NightMare Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Never Save a Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Save a Demon

Jeanny
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Audible version.
I found Lynn’s immaturity tiresome, humor lacking, & her intellect in question. I found Samuel selfish & ultimately uninteresting. The plot was a mindless mess. Oh & the narrator sucked so bad!!! DNF @ 60%. I’m unlikely to read any of this authors work.
My recommendation is stay away. 1 Star
Marianne
Meh, it was okay but nothing more. I'd say about 3 stars.

The reason why I'm rounding down is because the author seems to think a "slightly overweight" police woman can't do her job as well as a fit individual. As a fit woman with a BMI of 27 I very much take offense.

Discontinuing this series.
Teresa
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lyn is one of the only two Daughters of Eve left. The Daughters can feel and see through the glamour of demons. The other is Lyn's great grandmother, Beatrice. Lyn saves what she believes to be a human. Instead, her good heart and bravery gets her bound with a demon!

Well written, with great characters and plot. Full of kick butt action, demons, and angels! A few lol moments made this a fun read. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

I received a complimentary copy and freely give my
Donna
*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*

This was an interesting start to a new series. I found the banter between the characters amusing and found myself smiling at how fun they were. As firsts in a series go, this wasn't bad. It kept my attention. I do prefer tougher heroines but this one was ok. I will probably read the next book as I do enjoy books by this author.
Gwessie Tee
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Naughtiness 1

Absolutely brilliant, loved this book very much and cannot wait for the next in the series.

I won't give spoilers but will say this truly is a fantastic read, any who love supernatural beings will I think like this if not love it, I'm definitely in the love it category.
Kristen Lewendon
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That does it, I need to know more. NOW! I’m a sucker for the stories that twist the Christian mythos, and this one does it brilliantly. On the surface, Lyn’s tale is a light-hearted urban fantasy. But scratch that surface and you find something a little darker and a lot deeper. Pulling details from the legends of angels and demons, those deeper, darker parts of the story read a lot like a psychological thriller. Action, suspense, drama, betrayal, love, lust, and hope liberally spiced with random ...more
Nightwings81
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Saying Lyn is hot mess in the book description could not be more true. This protagonist is useless, immature, annoying, and not likable at all. Her mannerisms and "snarky" comments are grating, and I love a snarky protagonist in an urban fantasy. She gets nothing accomplished in the book and the only thing I found even slightly funny was her declaring her will to live was gone because her coffee had spilled. I could not find any reason for her and Sam to blossom into anything, and if her matriar ...more
T.
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
While there was nothing really wrong with the writing (a few typos, such as haunch instead of hunch), I have to say, I simply disliked Lyn as a main character and found Sam pretty weak as either a possible romantic interest or antihero/antagonist. The story line had lots of promise, but I have a problem with books when the heroes are annoying or self-centered. I also felt there were plot holes, such as not recognizing Sam as a demon and her resistance to recognizing the danger to herself and oth ...more
Deb Le
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. It's extremely fast paced with a deliciously sarcastic heroine, Lyn, who doesn't always have a clue what she's doing. Sam is hilarious while Angie is a sweetheart. It's a roller coaster of a read taking you on a journey to a world full of demons and angels where very little is what it seems. The plot is well constructed, the action kept me turning the pages from the start. I voluntarily received an ARC of this book.
Christinaraven
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book Lyn and Sam's story and was a riot. The story was well written and quite a few scenes made me laugh out loud. I was addicted from the end of the first chapter. By the end it was also hard to say whose side Sam really was on. A few mysteries/world building stuff were revealed that I really cannot wait to see how they get weaved into the series. Just a really good start to a series that can be re-read for fun and was pretty clean in terms of sex too. Loved the concept.
Gena Grider
Jun 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Sooooo bad!!!

I can’t believe how awful this book was. It made no sense whatsoever!! I got to the end and was like that’s it? If you have nothing else to do, watch tv.
Emily Pennington
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Lyn Conway, a demon hunter protector of humanity, watched an Arwah demon, looking like a ball of tar with teeth, move over the welcome mat at the open door. She was teaching martial arts to a class of preschoolers and needed to get them away from the demon who could possess anyone it touched. She had her receptionist best friend toss her sword to her and take the children outside while she took care of the problem oozing across the floor. This was the second demon this week – and it was only Tue ...more
Patricia
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book is a laugh out loud riot. The author takes us on a hysterical cheeky ride. Poor Lyn Conway she is a mess , she is a demon hunter with a little bit of a problem . She is bound to a sexy demon that just won't go away . Well actually he can't go away he is bound to her and the only way that he will leave is if she dies. She doesn't want to die but when she is being hunted down it will take all of her and Sam's powers to keep her alive .
I absolutely fell in love with these characters .
Emma
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really had a lot of fun reading this YA book. I had to laugh at the heroine's, Lyn's, sarcasm and humor. There was so much adventure and emotions in this story. Emotions such as happiness, sadness, confusion, desperation, fear and terror. There was demon killing, investigating murder/suicides, reading clues that were unseen by a normal person by not by Lyn and getting along with a grumpy demon. Sam, Lyn's demon sidekick, was an interesting character. Although it seemed that they loathed each o ...more
Cookie
May 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Lyn Conway is annoying, childish, uncooperative, selfish, reckless, lazy, arrogant, stubborn, ignorant, entitled, petty, insufferable and completely unlikeable.

• She doesn't care whatsoever about her life being in danger
• She refuses to listen to Sam or trust him at all even though he's been nothing but reasonable to her and is constantly looking out for her (since he's bound to her and needs to keep her alive so he stays alive)
• She is continuously an annoying jerk to Sam for no reason
• She is
Jeff Hildebrand
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful and entertaining. I think if they gave half stars I'd make it 4.5. The biggest drawback of the book: the editors missed a few word choice and I ended up snickering at times. At one point the author obviously meant to say a character's vision "swam" but the phrase came out with the word "swarming" and in another there was a "heard of demons". I was reading the Kindle edition, so don't know if other formats have the same issues.

A good thing about the book is that it doesn't have an acti
Caroline Doig
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lyn is a daughter of Eve cursed with the sight of seeing demons just like all of the Conway women before her, she had accidentally bound herself to Sam who is a demon Lyn had found Sam bruised and bleeding so she took him to her apartment cleaned up his wounds then accidentally bound their souls. Once that happened she could see the real Sam the molten lava in his veins, they had made a pact Sam would only eat the worst of the worst of human kind instead of the innocent and Lyn vowed to stop eat ...more
D.K. Davis
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Review – Never Save a Demon: A Daughter of Eve Book 1
Author – J.D. Brown
Genre – New Adult, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy

First Line: A blob of black tar about the size of a bowling ball oozed past the main entrance.

Review:

Lyn (Evelyn) Conway possesses an inherited ability; she sees demons and other beings of the supernatural. She protects the human world like a fearless warrior.

Sam, a Greater demon, sexy hot and a monster, ends up bound to Lyn. Now if she dies, he dies and visa-versa.

I
Donna
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never Save A Demon is Book 1 in the A Daughter of Eve series. This is an exceptionally well written story line with complicated/complex characters. This author has a unique ability with words that bring the book to life which is truly an exceptional talent. Our two MC are Lyn Conway (demon hunter - a snarky one at that) and Sam (gorgeous greater demon) that Lyn bound herself to by accident when she save his life. The interaction between Lyn and Sam reminds me of Felix and Oscar (The Odd Couple) ...more
Stephanie
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It took me a little while to get into the book itself. In the beginning the story was a little disjointed and I was not sure how I felt about Lyn. The book is a daughter of Eve book, but I felt more like it was about Sam. The demon she inadvertently saves and becomes bound too. However, that being said, by the middle of the book I found myself more interested and the storyline began to intrigue me. I've always loved books about demons and angels and the little bit of romance buzzing in the wind. ...more
Michelle
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!
What a great start to a brand new series! The book is laugh out loud funny, the characters are snarky, and the plot is a roller coaster ride of fun.
Lyn is a daughter of Eve who has no idea what she’s doing half the time who accidentally binds a greater demon trying to help an innocent. Oh my. Sam is ridiculously funny a demon trying to get a human to eat healthy lol. Angie Lyn’s bff has some very intriguing hidden secrets. Roll that up with a war between Heaven & Hell an
Tiffany Lekanoff
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Demon-tastic

I'm usually not one to read this genre of stories but when I had read the preorder description I had to have and I preordered it that moment and woke on the release day to see it in my library. I may not of read yet immediately but I have now and have enjoyed it throughly.

Was a little darker then what I'm used to but otherwise it was witty and had my laughing. Yet it also made me cry a couple of times as well. The emotions nearly overwhelmed me. Which was almost embarrassing being I
Paranormal Books R Us
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining start to a new series by J.D. Brown.
Her heroine Lyn has a sassy big mouth and the cocky attitude to back it up. Plus her slightly twisted sense of humor has the worst timing but she uses it like a pro and had me chuckling more than once.
As far as Sam goes I love me a good bad guy.
And he definitely fits the bill. I'm not sure yet wether I love him or hate him but I absolutely look forward to finding out just what he's hiding.
Overall Never Save a Demon is a really fun read and I
Lauren Mcgregor
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I must be the worst Daughter of Eve, to bound myself to a demon"
From a young age, Lyn knew she was different from all other girls her age. Why? She could see demons, thanks to a wonderful curse that only affected the females of her family. She also learned to keep a tight lip, so as not to end up in the loony bin like her Great grandmother Lolly.
Lyn finds herself in quite the pickle when she saves a demon, which binds her to him. If she dies, he dies, so he will do what it takes to keep the D.
Liz  Christensen
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What's the first rule of demon-slaying? Never save a demon.

Lyn totally botched the first rule of demon-slaying...But does that mean her life should be turned inside-out and upside-down? Isn't being bound to a blind, super-hot(pun intended), greater demon that likes to clean her apartment punishment enough for her mess-up? No, apparently not even close.
This is an intriguing story with many layers weaving through it. I'm excited to see how the story develops throughout the series.
Rickie
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The hits keep on coming in this action packed story. Loved Lyn's snarky attitude that covered her sense of loss, but Sam could see right through it since they're bound and he can feel her emotions. Then you have her BFF, Angie, who is more than she seems. Oh....did I mention Sam's a demon? The characters here are fully developed and the bad guys very bad. Lyn has her hands full since she is not really trained to be a Daughter of Eve. How will she cope? You'll have to read the story, and be warne ...more
Kirstie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of a new series and I really liked it.

Lyn is a Daughter of Eve, slayers of demons, that is bound to a greater demon. She is the only thing keeping him alive and he wants to stay alive. Enter suspicious Angie her best friend and many, many more demons. Quick paced, well written and definitely interesting.

I do wish that there were more details about how Lyn bonded herself to Sam but bits and pieces are coming out as we go along.

Looking forward to reading the next book and s
Marion Ravendel
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved snarky Lyn and her antihero Sam and BFF Angie. This is a little different twist on the save the hot guy who turns out to be a demon. If you like a little sass and main characters who arnt sweetness and light. You will love this promising first book in The daughters of Eve series. Follow Lyn as she try’s to figure out what to do with a demon now that she has him and who’s killing girls who look like her and why?
Shannon Heck
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
It grew on me

At first I thought I might not finish it but the book got better. I'm intrigued enough to want to know what happens. I do wish the book had started with the binding. It was weird jumping into the story after such an important part of the book had already occurred. I enjoyed much of the banter between Lyn, Angie, and Sam. However, part of the time Sam seemed like Lyn's mom telling how much of live her life. That part was weird.
Lea
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book. Never Save a Demon is the first book in the new series a Daughter of Eve and I loved getting to enter this new world and meet these characters. This story just had me from the very beginning and I look forward to seeing what happens next in this series.

• Forty-Four Box Set Books 1-5 (44)
  • Rune Service (Dwarf for Hire #1)
  • Gray Card (The Department of Homeworld Security #1)
  • Nine Lives (Part One) (The Katran Legacy, #1)
  • The Shade Amulet (Koven Chronicles Book 1)
  • House of Wolves (The Vampire Project #1)
  • Epic Calling (The Magi Saga #1)
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)
  • The Half-Assed Wizard (The Half-Assed Wizard #1)
  • Soul Chaser Volume #1
  • Dancing with Flames (Dragon's Breath, #2)
  • Night Terrors (Dreamweaver, #2)
  • The Lost Children Trilogy Complete Box Set: Forgotten, Remembered, Reborn (Books 1-3)
  • How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2)
  • Dragonsteel (Shadowsword's Harem, #1)
  • Moon Burned (The Wolf Wars, #1)
  • Shadowed Strength (Shadowed #1)
  • Marked By Fate
J.D. Brown knows that vampires exist because she’s dating one and no, he doesn’t sparkle. Unfortunately, he’s not immortal either (or maybe her standards are too low). A magnet for subcultures and weirdness, J.D. was that socially awkward girl with more fictional friends than real ones. As a child battling a hearing loss and a medical condition with no name, J.D. found comfort in books where stron ...more

A Daughter of Eve (3 books)
  • Never Trust a Demon (A Daughter of Eve #2)
  • Never Tempt a Demon (A Daughter of Eve #3)