Start by marking “The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-Year-Old Man (The Hundred-Year-Old Man, #2)” as Want to Read:

The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-Year-Old Man

(The Hundred-Year-Old Man #2)

The sequel to Jonas Jonasson’s international bestseller The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

It all begins with a hot air balloon trip and three bottles of champagne. Allan and Julius are ready for some spectacular views, but they’re not expecting to land in the sea and be rescued by a North Korean ship, and they could never have imagined

Kindle Edition
Published August 7th 2018 by HarperCollins Publishers

Jason
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared is one of my favourite books ever, it was a laugh a minute, Allan is a fantastic bloke and has the past that we all crave. So when I spotted this sequel I grabbed a copy and started reading right away.

In the intro Jonas Jonasson explains that he never planned a sequel but with the way the world seems to be falling apart with crazy political leaders the Hundred-Year-Old Man was jumping at the chance to speak out.

The book is in
David
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: swedish, comedy
Once again I have picked up the trail of Allan Karlson, the 100-year old man, who is now 101. A good time to read a diversion, a comedy, a good laugh.

Where the first book took a stab at world events in the 20th century, this book looks at recent events. Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un, Vladimir Putin and Angela Merkel are the featured players. This book is a comedy but the retelling of recent world events often made me want to cry.

Allan and his buddy Julius venture off in a hot-air balloon, get lost a
Phil Livingstone
This isn’t a good book.

I loved the original story, setting Allan the one hundred year old man accidentally at odds with a cash-laden criminal whilst looking back over his past. I’ve also enjoyed other books by the author and would recommend them. Not the case here though.

This is just too unbelievable. Allan experiences as many countries and world leaders in what seems like a few weeks, compared with his entire life in the first book. He’s 101 not 31 - I doubt he even had adapter plugs sockets fo
Skip
Unfortunately not as good as the first book. Allan is living large in Bali, but running out of money when during his 101st birthday party, his hot air balloon ride does awry, setting him and his buddy on more adventures. Along the way, he meets up with the Supreme Leader of North Korea, President Trump, and the Swedish head of the U.N.'s Security Council about fissionable nuclear material. Pretty funny at times, Allan has amazing chutzpah and charm; however, the book loses its way as they settle ...more
Karolina Myskova
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Myslím, že by bylo asi mnohem lepší, kdyby se stařík nevrátil, a už vůbec nezachraňoval svět.
Irifev
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der Autor stellt dem Buch ein Vorwort voraus, in dem er aussagt, dass eigentlich keine Fortsetzung geplant war. Und dies ist auch notwendig. Leider fehlt es dem Buch an Kontinuität zum ersten Buch. So vergehen zwischen dem 100sten und 101sten Geburtstag 12 Jahre, die Hauptpersonen aus dem ersten Buch werden mit zwei Ausnahmen nicht mehr erwähnt, und auch die persönlichen Beziehungen von Allan Karlsson zu Bali werden unter den Tisch gekehrt.

Unglaubwürdig war für mich auch, dass der hundertundeinj
Imogen Reeves
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

The Plot was funny in places & much more relatable as Allan & Julius learns how to deal with the 21st Century in the best way possible. I’m so glad Jonas created a sequel, even if he never meant to make one.
Gisoo
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
این کتاب در واقع درددله.
نویسنده این بار از وقایع حال حاضر و دنیایی که ابلهان صاحب قدرت(خ*) می سازن[=ویرانتر می کنن] به ستوه اومده، دیگه نتونسته ساکت بشینه و این جوری با نوشتن کمی دلش رو سبک کرده.
هر چند در این کتاب تقریبا به هر سیاستمدار و گروه و جماعت نادانی یه لگدی زده و دستشم درد نکنه ولی من بنده جزئیات و هماهنگیم و هیچ جوری نتونستم با این که چه طور از کتاب قبلی (سال 2005) فقط یک سال گذشته، شخصیتای قبلی چی شدن و اگه هتل مال اونا بود چه طور اینا بدهکارن، تبلتی که دائم اینترنتش وصله و بی موقع شا
Marije
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absurd, satirisch en actueel - een prachtige mix

Dit vervolg op De 100-jarige man die uit het raam klom en verdween mag ik samen lezen met 74 anderen in de eerste Hebban Leescarrousel. In groepjes bespreken we gedurende een aantal weken 3 thema's die in dit boek voorkomen: humor, actualiteit en 100 jaar.

De vertaling is van Corry van Bree. Zij heeft al vele boeken vertaald van Scandinavische schrijvers, waaronder Mariette Lindstein (De Sekte), Jens Hendrik Jensen (Oxen), Emelie Schepp (Jana Berzel
honingbol
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
De 100-jarige man is terug. En hoe! Ook in dit deel maakt hij weer allemaal bizarre en komische situaties mee. En alhoewel ik dit boek zo nu en dan iets langdradiger vond dan het eerste deel, heb ik er toch weer volop van genoten.
Jonasson heeft een heerlijke schrijfstijl. Hij weet met een vlijmscherpe humor een perfecte persiflage van Trump neer te zetten. En ook de gesprekken van Poetin zie je al helemaal in het echt ook zo gaan. Het boek zit weer vol actuele nieuwsfeiten. Bij sommige stukken k
Veronika
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun :)

It was really nice to meet Allan and his crazy accidental life story again. He got to meet the world leaders of nowadays and it was done in such a perfect and funny typical Allan way. I was little afraid before reading, since I loved previous book and wasn't really sure how this one will fit all Allan's craziness of life into such a short period of time. But Jonas Jonasson did it geniously, it didn't feel forced at all and I absolutely loved it.

Yes, it was a bit dif
Thekla
Dec 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Leider sehr langatmig und wenig interessant...
Den ersten Teil des "Hundertjährigen" fand ich noch sehr lustig. Auch wenn das erste Buch gegen Ende doch recht weird wurde und all die Abendteuer/ Erlebnisse des Hundertjährigen bissl zu viel waren...hat mir der erste Teil im Großen und Ganzen gefallen und man konnte lachen. Zu Ernst konnte man die Story ohnehin nicht nehmen.
Der zweite war hingegen eine ganze Enttäuschung :( Den alten Wortwitz konnte der Autor irgendwie nicht wieder aufnehmen und e
Lenka
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Stoletý stařík je zpět - o rok starší, ale stejně bláznivý. Tentokrát si bere na paškál současné světové politiky. A opět je to více než trefné.
Harry Buckle
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jonas J, despite some bizarre English in the translation from the original Swedish, has pulled off that tricky trick of admirably following up a much loved and globally successful book. His millions of readers and fans of the gentle but intrepid Allen will be appreciative of that. For sure there will folks, me included who say,'It's not quite as good as the original,' but that is a reflection of the near genius of the first wander through the events of the past century, rather than a criticism o ...more
Kumar Raghavendra
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This one pales in comparison with the original. Stretched out without meaty material at times and the satire too mainstream, so nothing you wouldn't have read or heard in the media already. I really loved the previous book, which perhaps biases my review for this one. Maybe it's a decent stand alone read if you haven't read the previous one. But I'd rather you read that.
Tommy Verhaegen
Het hele boek is een hilarische opeenvolging van gebeurtenissen als een domino effect.Ik heb het eerste deel (100-jarige man) nog niet gelezen, dus voor mij is het allemaal nieuw en fris. Verder volg ik de (wereld)politiek op de voet. Als gevolg vond ik het boek vanaf bladzijde 1 hilarisch tot op het einde. Al moet ik toegeven "trop is te veel". Het is beter om het boek in stukken te lezen dan te proberen om het in 1 ruk van begin tot einde te verteren. Want eigenlijk is het steeds meer van hetz ...more
Melliane
Mon avis en Français

My English review

J’avais beaucoup entendu parler du premier tome et si je ne l’ai pas lu, j’étais très curieuse de découvrir cette suite.

Allan et Julius profitent de leur argent à Bali. Hélas, quand on le dépense comme ils le font, l’argent vient rapidement à manquer et les problèmes arrivent. Pourtant, ils ne s’attendaient définitivement pas à monter dans une montgolfière pour être repêchés par un navire Coréen et emmenés en Corée du Nord. Mais ce n’est que le début de leu
Mayda
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
This sequel is just not as delightful as the first book was. Allan and his friend Julius take off accidentally in a hot air balloon and eventually land in the sea. They are picked up by a North Korean ship, and through a unusual chain of events, they later acquire a suitcase with stolen uranium. From then on, it’s a cat and mouse chase of following, losing, and regaining that uranium and more. Needless to say, they meet world leaders and other strange people along the way. Complicated and convu ...more
Malou Brouwer
Wat een heerlijk boek! Ik heb me kostelijk vermaakt😁 Het boek is super grappig door de willekeurigheid van de gebeurtenissen die afsteken tegen de serieuze overpeinzingen en boodschap over de hedendaagse politiek. De persiflages/karikaturen van politieke leiders zijn ook fantastisch en to the point.
Jim Skinner
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Disappointed in the sequel, but still worth a read.
Bence Gaspar
A Százéves ember... vicces stílusa itt-ott ebben is visszaköszön, de ez a könyv nagyon hasonló sablonból dolgozik, mint az eddigiek, és így elveszíti a frissességét. Összességében szórakoztató, de szerintem nem mérhető az első részhez.
Onceinabluemoon
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this, but it's too close to the headlines, unless reading nf I want escapism... I read too much news to have to read a single word about trump, humor or not, he is a blight to my soul and avoidance at all costs is more to my liking. dnf, bailed at 60 %. I still love the old man, he is a clever writer but trump ruins any chance of enjoyment for me... Wonder if he will make it to 102?
Aishwarya Rathor
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay, i am disappointed with myself for reading the 2nd part first. (i didnt know it had a first part)
I kind off liked the book, not too Humorous but okish funny.
The book had spark..
Katy Noyes
Unnecessary but amusing sequel, similar in tone and direction.

3.5 stars.

Allan Karlsson. He delighted many a few years ago with his escapades. We left him settled and ready to enjoy his remaining years with friends. So it was a surprise to see a new title with the former nuclear expert. It didn't feel necessary but a winning formula and fondly-remembered protagonist is never turned away...

Well, I felt it covered some old ground, with a suitcase of uranium taking the place of the suitcase of money
Lucy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I hate to do this because I loved the first book and many of the author's other books, but this should not have been written. Despite the author's preface explaining its presence, it just doesn't work.

The formula for the first book was: Comedy = Tragedy + Time
It was also a very clever way to guide the reader through 20th century events, whilst containing an absurd, amusing current plot line to carry the story forward.

This book is entirely in the present and hits too close to home to be funny mos
Richard Brown
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good read

Enjoyed this book immensely. Engaging, silly and the character s were well written and fun. Loved the work leaders appearing throughout although in a few years time this might appear dated.
Cliff
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really feel that however much Allen was pushing the author to write about his further adventures, I do feel he (the author) should have resisted his blandishments (see Foreword). The Adventures of the old Man etc detailed Allen Petterson's life and it was very funny. To write another book about him requires it to be set entirely in the present. Hence his adventures this time deal with characters who are very much alive and kicking from Kim Il Jong to Angela Merkel by way of Donald Trump. Yes, ...more
Kylie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This took me a little longer to get into than the original book, and I wonder if that is because the experiences are set in the now, rather than the past. With the previous book, you knew the outcome of the ridiculous events that occurred in the political scenarios. With the present, you don't have that luxury, and that cuts a little close to the bone at times. Allan is still very amusing with his observations and schemes, however, I also found him a little less likeable - and now I am wondering ...more
Bedeuxni
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jonas Jonassons Erzählstil ist unvergleichbar. Ich war über Vierhundert Seiten köstlich amüsiert und war traurig, als das Ende erreicht war. Kein Fortsetzungsroman der abfällt, sondern ein kleines literarisches Feuerwerk.
April Andruszko
There were a few times I laughed out loud but on the whole I did not enjoy this as much as the first one.
  • Zolang er leven is: het tweede geheime dagboek van Hendrik Groen, 85 jaar
  • The Greene Murder Case (A Philo Vance Mystery #3)
  • Don't Murder Your Mystery: 24 Fiction-Writing Techniques to Save Your Manuscript from Turning Up D.O.A.
  • NSA - Nationales Sicherheits-Amt
  • Mont Blanc
  • Wormen en engelen
  • De jacht op het schaduwdier (De Grijze Jager #12.5)
  • バッカーノ!1931 特急編 The Grand Punk Railroad (Baccano!, #3)
  • The Art of Time in Fiction: As Long as It Takes
  • Nashville oder Das Wolfsspiel
  • On the Water
  • Mijn vader is een vliegtuig
  • Enter (Rebound, #1)
  • Republic of Dirt: A Return to Woefield Farm (Woefield, #2)
  • Bestemd voor mij
  • All Yesterdays: Unique and Speculative Views of Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Animals
  • Overstroomd
  • No Sunscreen for the Dead (Serge A. Storms #22)
After a long career as a journalist, media consultant and television producer, Jonas Jonasson decided to start a new life. He wrote a manuscript, he sold all his possessions in Sweden and moved to a small town by Lake Lugano in Switzerland, only a few meters from the Italian border.

The manuscript became a novel. The novel became a phenomenon in Sweden, and now it is about to reach the rest of the

The Hundred-Year-Old Man (2 books)
  • The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared (The Hundred-Year-Old Man, #1)
“Nie wiadomo, jak i kiedy uległość wobec własnego losu przestała być gestem dystyngowanym, a stała się oznaką tchórzostwa.” 0 likes