Start by marking “Priestess Awakened (Guardians of Sky and Shadow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Priestess Awakened (Guardians of Sky and Shadow, #1)

Priestess Awakened

(Guardians of Sky and Shadow #1)

My world isn’t safe. The northern gate lies open and monsters roam the land. Towns are locked behind walls, protected by the emperor and his Black Army. Once, a fated priestess and her four guardians kept the gate sealed with magic, but there hasn’t been a priestess in over a century…or so I thought.

When a monster attacks me within the walls of my village, I am saved by S
Published January 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Priestess Awakened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priestess Awakened

Lola
The moment I heard of this book I knew I had to read it, something about that pretty cover and the sound of the blurb made me curious about this one. And I haven't seen a lot of Fantasy Reverse Harem books so far. I am glad I picked it up as I really enjoyed this book. I have to admit when I first started reading I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it, but things picked up quickly and soon I found myself really enjoying this one and wanting to read more. And it felt like it only got better once ...more
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one! I can’t wait to see what happens in book 2!!!
Jessica Robbins
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Michelle
Jun 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, read-in-2018
I wanted to like this so very much but I just wasn’t liking the character at all. The men just didn’t seem into her but had to be because they had no choice. Wasn’t a fan of that. Just not for me.
Megan
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had a bunch of issues with this book buuuut it wasn't terrible. I rented the audio for free from Hoopla and if the next one is on there I will read it but if not then I will not bother with the next book.
Jodi
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't like to give a book one star. I really want to support new authors by reading their books and giving honest reviews. With that in mind I can't recommend this book. It's my impression that the author wanted to write an erotic book and this is her idea of how to do it.
Phoebe is a girl from a small town of around 300 people. She has a bit of notoriety after being part of a troupe in the Strawberry festival and this has made her famous in her small town. While singing on stage for the local
Rachell
Feb 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Just ugh!

I tried so hard to finish the book but just couldn’t. I stopped multiple times but kept making myself pick it back up thinking maybe it would get interesting. Nope. Made it to 70% and just couldn’t get any further.
Kate
Feb 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Bummed.

Made it to the line about a monster cut into two lumps "bleeding everywhere" and villagers yelling and stuff or some variation of that phrase I knew the writing style wasn't going to work for me. Quips and slang totally have their place in New literature styles but I felt the phrases being used were put in due to lack of effort rather than witty writing. I loved the idea of this book I'm bummed about the way it was written.
K.E. Harwood
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reverse-harem
I usually try not to review books when I finish them and I am angry. However, I am with this book. You might like this book if you like stories like Mockingjay series or Divergence. I did not read them, but admittedly saw the movies. I have no idea if the authors attempted to give a back story to the new world they were creating. If, like this author they did not...I am glad I did not read them.
Throughout out the book there are inconsistencies like caravan buses vs carriages and horses. Charact
LaShanta Charles
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked it

This book started off pretty slow, but once it picked up I found it to be pretty entertaining. I felt like there was a good bit of info on each character, especially Phoebe, but I didn't connect well with any of them. They lacked an emotional depth that would have made the book much better. There were some scenes that should have left me feeling raw, but didn't hit the mark. I liked the idea of the monsters and I also liked the mystery of not truly knowing who's the bad guy at the end. I
Esmeralda Felan
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book took me by surprise!! I love Phoebe and her inner ramblings. From the first page you know that there is something "more" to this world that the author created. When you first hear about the "old" soldier that showed up to retire in Phoebe's little town I thought she was speaking about an old man. Then when you finally meet Mr. Argrave you realize how very wrong you are. I loved him even if he is a bit standoffish and I enjoyed getting to know him throughout the book. I loved how she fi ...more
Jennifer Paulet
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok book

The writing was a little too teenager-ish if this is meant for a mature audience then the writing needs to be a little more grown up
LostForReal
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I made the mistake of reading the basically fourth instalment (Glass Princess) first - or maybe it was mistake to simply pick up the book in the first place but honestly... I have no regrets.

The whole series is one of those that make you doubt your taste in literature and doubt the skills of the author but that you are still unable to put down. And let me not count how many smiles and emotions this thing wrought from me...

I mean, I just spent the WHOLE day going from one book to another, barely
T.
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I purchased Priestess Awakened as part of the Guardians of the Sky and Shadow box set. I'll have to admit, this protagonist never drew me in. Phoebe seemed to easily distracted (often as I was reading, I mentally shouted "squirrel!" when she went off track), but I think it was the lack of conflict that made it so difficult to engage. The she and the men were so accepted of circumstances, so there was no tension or drawing out suspense. The author also had a hard time world-building, as she creat ...more
Jacqueline Baxter
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
The good:

Interesting concept, intriguing description, beautiful cover, and it was free. The fact that it cost me nothing is a serious bonus in this case. And I always hesitate to give a book one star because hey, this person wrote a book and put it out in the world and that takes work and guts and I respect both of those things.

The bad:

The writing was decent but never made it much above that. There's potential there for sure but needs some seasoning and more practice. Nowhere was this more evid
Le Durecka
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I normally don't like this genre. I was bored and it was free, which basically means I had low expectations for the story. I was pleasantly surprised. The world building was good. The characters are very distinct and I appreciate that because too often characters in this scenario blend together. It actually reminded me of an old anime I watched in high school, so there was some nostalgic emotion. I didn't like the use of modern language in a clearly fantasy setting (for example the juxtaposition ...more
Maureen
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first in a new reverse harem series. Based in a steampunk/medieval themed world, where the priestess and her 4 guardians have to complete the ritual and save the world.

The character dynamics are interesting, as not all of the characters are willing to take up their fated roles for various reasons. This is set against a world where the emperor is trying to both military might and manipulation to take over. There are a number of characters where you're not entirely certain of their mot
Channy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Priestess awakened was an interesting story that started a little slow, but definitely picked up. Phoebe was a former "star" and fell into a boring life until one day when the monsters attacked and she was saved by one of her guardians. This story takes place in a fantasy kingdom with monsters, priestesses, and kings.

The intro to the characters was pretty good. Sometimes the dialogue didn't seem connected to the story, and I occasionally got confused on who or what was being talked about.

O
Ann
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting rh. Phoebe finds out that she is the newest priestess of the gate. She may be able to push back the darkness with the help of four guardians. I like that she doesn't know who the guardians are and has to travel the country to find them with the help of her first guardian who found her. Since none of the men really know each other there is jealousy and a learning curve to her harem. Phoebe was funny and the way she gives her men extra power is different but I can't wait to ...more
Matilde Damkier
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-fantasy
This was a steamy, compelling, but especially so much fun read.
The humor in this book was just superb, and so were the characters.

It did however have quite the modern wording and colloquialisms, considering the story was a sword and sorcery type of fantasy. At first, it was a bit jarring to read, but you quickly got used to it.

At the end of the story - great ending, btw - I am now fully committed to reading the entire series as quickly as possible. The characters have totally sucked me in.
Melissa
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebooks, reverse-harem
Pleasantly surprised. I really loved this story. The characters are great. This was a little different than your typical RH not in a bad way just different. We Slowly meet her 4 guardians over the course of the book so the 4th we meet right at the very end and don’t get to know him much. Wow, I did not see the twist coming with the 4th guardian. Can’t wait to get to know them all better. Eagerly awaiting the next installment!
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a surprise to me. The summary was vague and I was cautious about buying it. There are enough reverse harem novels out there with no plot and just one “intimate” scene after another. This was different. Don’t get me wrong, it was definitely sexy! Thankfully, it came with a good narrative and some interesting characters. I love when an author has a great sense of humor and injects that into the writing. The heroine is hilarious.
This is a really fun read!
Shannon
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The beginning of this book had me unsure that I’d like it. I felt like it was going to quickly without much reality. Like, the MC has her life. Hanged abruptly and just kind of acts like it’s no big deal. But, as the story goes on, I really like the characters. They were easy to warm up to. The story was good and I liked the ending. I really look forward to the next one.
Aleera Ceres
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I love the fantasy setting, the characters, all of it! I wish Phoebe had some type of ability besides gifting the guys with powers but I hope to see her develop more in the series!
Each guardian is more different than the last and I enjoyed getting to know each of them. Niki might be my favorite. And I can't wait to read book 2 <3
Jane
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Theee and a half stars It was a good start to a new series. It is rh set in a fantasy type world with monsters. The state rh is a bit slow to start but gets there in the end. The characters aren't really relatable in the start but get better towards the end. I do look forward to see where this is going as book 1 was mostly meeting the characters and setting the scene. Looking forward to book 2
Theresa Wesley
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phoebe learns she is a priestess when a monster attacks her village. She thought priestess were a thing of the past. Her first guardian has been watching her from afar waiting for her magic to be awakened. She must now find her other 3 guardians to close the gates and stop the monsters. I thought this was an intriguing story. However, Phoebe is a little self centered at times.
Amber
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Loving the writing style in this book! A mixture of serious and fun in a story that could have been just like so many others. The MFC is well written and I love her quirky sense of humor. Cant wait for the next book!
Kristen
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I LOVE Lidiya Foxglove's stories. They are so well written and thought out. This one is great. The men are so different, but fit together so well. Or at least most (not going to do spoiler). I am waiting for the next book and this just came out today!
Pamala Hunt
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Priestess

I loved that this book was different, of course the shadow guardians have to be difficult. The priestess is taking everthing well even though she is scared. Looking forward to book 2.
Anastasia (Stasia) Green
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

I was surprised by this book. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. Very happy to get proven wrong. The writing is great. The story and world building as well. Ill be looking out for the next book as well as another books from this author
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Kiss of the Banshee (Bones and Bounties Book 3)
  • Your Money's Worth (Seattle Elementals, #1)
  • Regnbuestenen
  • Submitting Sarah (Montana Maiden #4)
  • Martina & Chrissie: The Greatest Rivalry in the History of Sports
  • Hell is a Harem #3
  • City of War (Chronicles of Arcana Book 4)
  • The Tides of Bára (Sorcerous Moons, #3)
  • Fur-ocious Lust Volume One (Furocious Lust Shorts #1-3)
  • The Red Order (Order of the Seers, #2)
  • Whatever It Takes (Saratoga Falls Love Story, #1)
  • Who Was Betsy Ross?
  • The Wolf of Harrow Hall (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #7)
  • Serendipity's Daughter (Child of Fate #1)
  • The Roads of Taryn MacTavish (Lords of Arcadia, #3)
  • The Rise of the Iliri: Volumes 4-6 (Rise of the Iliri, #4-6)
  • Claimed (Haven Realm #4)
  • Ashes and Spirits
Lidiya Foxglove grew up on a steady diet of fairy tales, folklore and fantasy and also reads way too much manga. Fantasy romance is her favorite thing in the world, but she likes it steamy. She also loves cats and tea--it's cliche for a reason!

Guardians of Sky and Shadow (3 books)
  • Priestess Bound (Guardians of Sky and Shadow, #2)
  • Priestess Unleashed (Guardians of Sky and Shadow, #3)