Start by marking “After Care: a romance for the over 40” as Want to Read:
After Care: a romance for the over 40

After Care: a romance for the over 40

(Sexy Silver Foxes #1)

Breast cancer survivor Edie Williams is ready to live.
Divorced. Mother of two.
She’s planned the vacation of a lifetime for a reboot,
only to encounter an awakening adventure—Tommy Carrigan.

Manager of the band Collision, Tommy Carrigan has his plate full.
Independent. Carefree.
He’s on an annual holiday with his band family,
when the unexpected happens—Edie Williams.

Love m
419 pages
Published January 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about After Care, please sign up.
Isabel Jolie I wondered this too! I'd love to read it, but couldn't find it on LB Dunbar's site.

Start your review of After Care: a romance for the over 40
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Sophia Triad
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
“The most gorgeous silver fox is here to see you.”

I loved this story!

Edie is a breast cancer survivor, she has two grown children, she is newly divorced, she is over 40 and she doesn't have the perfect body or the perfect hair. Overall her self esteem is low and the last thing she expects when she takes a break in Hawaii is to meet the love of her life there.
Tommy is the manager of a famous band, he used to be famous too, he is rich, he is good looking. And as far as Edie thinks, he is out of he
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I was forty-three. I should have been in the prime of my life. Where was that sexual libido return everyone promised me would happen? Oh, right, it walked out the door with a younger model—blonde, thin, and cancer-free under her skin.

Marriage was hard work. One in two marriages still ended in divorce. I wasn’t a statistic; I was a trend.

When leaving the hospital, aftercare was always part of the experience. What you did after—the procedure, the treatment, the incision that cut de
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Edie Williams meets Tommy Cardigan in Hawaii, it's the most unusual of settings
They're both older, with family baggage and both survivors in their own lives. I'm so glad someone wrote about a woman's love story , yanno. A woman who's over 40, who does NOT have the perfect body, who's life has two adult kids, an ex and fake boobs (Fuck Cancer) in it. A woman who's confident yet so vulnerable. She's lost herself in taking care of her family, her kids, her career, her husband. Now when she eve
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Loved! Soooo good! Can’t wait for more!
K.  Ramjohn
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. After Care by L.B. Dunbar was real, emotional and delightful. This story about an over 40 couple held my interest from start to finish. These two complex characters Edie and Tommy were so different and from completely different backgrounds yet they just fit together perfectly.
While this was a romance between an older couple, I loved how the author balanced it out by showing relationships with the younger couples in the story and it goes to show you can find love at any ag
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
There is so much to love about this story. It has a strong heroine. Edie is so relatable. She is a divorcee, over 40, a cancer survivor, a great mom on vacation with her adult children, not looking for anything except relaxation and a recharge.

Tommy is manager of Collision and on holiday with the band. He is rough around the edges and speaks his mind. He is immediately attracted to Edie but looking for nothing more than a fun fling.

This was my first book by this author but I loved the writing,
Anna
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She did it again! One of my favorites authors! Thank you!
Such a wonderful book, amazing H and h!
Since i'm almost very close to h age, a understand her sooo sooo much!
She is a suvivor, she is such a great mom, strong heroine, like i love them :)

And H was sooo scorching hot, melting-drenching panties!
Coco.V
Feb 19, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/19/2020)! 🎁
Raine
Surprisingly good

I was expecting something a little lighthearted, but I am surprised with the quality of.the story and the layers beneath Tommy. I would like to know if there is going to be a book about West and Masie.
Tammi
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know what to say about this story. I am blown away! It was AMAZING! It was real life and so absolutely perfect!
Edie was a mother, a divorcee and a breast cancer survivor. A once in a lifetime vacation to Hawaii threw a curveball in her simple life. A sexy silver fox named Tommy Carrigan ROCKED HER WORLD! They were HOT!
I absolutely loved watching her come out of her "mom" shell and enjoy life with him. He made her feel sexy, feel wanted, feel like a woman. He just made her feel.
Thei
Pam Nelson
I picked up this book because it had characters who were over 40. I have read other books with mature characters and I loved them because their need for unnecessary drama is low. You can have conflict without the childishness.

This book, for the most part, had that until it didn’t. I get it angst/drama sells and that’s great but sometimes I would just like to enjoy a well rounded story without all that.

I loved the characters Tommy and Edie are great, I loved them together. I do love that the “d
Sue
Loved this story about a breast cancer survivor. Edie is on a holiday with her two grown children, the holiday is a present and celebration of her fighting the deadly C and coming out on top. Now she just needs to find herself again & re-learn being a woman and feeling desirable.

Tommy Carrigan, band manager and caretaker to a host of family and friends is also on holidays, their paths cross and what evolves is a beautiful story of a free flying guy showing Edie that she is more than a cancer sur
Tiblu
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, is the best I can say....

Not bad is the best I can say....
I started out soo soo hopeful but by the end I was ready for it to be over....
I hate that this book wasn’t better, I kinda hacks me off a bit that with romances where they couple aren’t in their teens or early twenties or even in their 30’s even ( which, sighs, you don’t see enough of sadly) that separately and together these two are two of the most insecure ppl iv3 even freaking met!!!
That’s definitely something you should get i
Laura Lee
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After Care
By: LB Dunbar
4.5 Stars

Did someone say, “Silver Fox”? That was all it took to hook me into this book! Longing for a book that wasn’t about a 21 yr old virgin, this book nailed it.

Edie has fought the battle against breast cancer. While fighting for her life, she gets informed that her husband of 20 plus years, wants a divorce. Now in remission and recently divorced, she has taken a much-needed vacation to Hawaii with her 2 children. A vacation that she really couldn’t afford. One that s
Virginia
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn to this book when I saw the cover. First of all, the model is sexy as all hell. Second, I liked that this book has older characters. Not many books do and I was excited to read After Care.
This is my first book by LB Dunbar and will not be my last. That’s for sure. Both of these characters were so real and so lovable. This is life. Real life portrayed. And I loved it. With that comes baggage and issues.

Tommy is so sweet. I really fell for him hard. He’s so good to Edie and that made m
Leigh Lennon
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, there needs to be more books depicting the life of both men and women over forty. Yes, men and women are still sexy at this age and we need more books to empower them. I love this book in so many ways. First, I love a book where there is a diverse group of characters as this story held. I love real life struggles but I also like it when the story reaches; as it does when it pairs Edie, a cancer survivor with Tommy, a rock and roll manager. But, there is so much to this story, so many layers ...more
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is another fabulous read where the main characters are 40+ This is a trope that this author does so well.

Edie is on a much needed and long awaited family vacation with her young adult children. She is a recent divorcee and cancer survivor. This holiday is a celebration of life, she has overcome so much and is ready to move on with her life.

When Edie and her family meet another family on vacation they end up spending a lot of time together. Amongst that group is a man called Tommy. Tommy is
Maren Lee
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tommy Carrigan is a dick and I love him so much. This book was a delicious treat.
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I’ve been familiar with L.B. Dunbar and her books for a while now, I have to admit After Care is the first novel of hers that I’ve had the opportunity to read. Simply put, I found the premise of this second chance love story irresistible.

After Care is the story of Edie Williams, a woman whose 20-year marriage ended at around the same time she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Having come through the most challenging time of her life, Edie and her children have decided to celebrate her r
Livia
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance Fans
Recommended to Livia by: L.B. Dunbar
★¸¸.•*¨*•★Minor Spoilers Alert★•*¨*•.¸¸★

Cover gush: I wish I met more men aged 40 and over in my daily Los Angeles life who looked like this Tommy cover model. He’s so fit and yummy looking! 😉
Length: 300 pages
Release Date: January 31, 2018
•*¨*•
Story rating: ★★★★☆

These two weren’t looking for love while on their respective vacations but indulging in a bit of lusty companionship never hurt anyone. Edie certainly deserved a bit of fun after the medical battle she had to fight and luckily survived
Xerxia
Feb 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I'm noping this at 7%. I loved the idea of a mature romance, but the MC is 43 and is being written as if she's 70, talking about the striped, wrinkled skin under her jaw making her look like an okapi (I'm not even kidding here). And the man who is being set up to be the male lead is just gross. Female lead has had a mastectomy and he says 'you think I've never felt a fake tit before?' Ugh, on no planet is that sexy. Just nope.

Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
After Care was sweet enough, but it also kind of felt like Edie was 17 years old at times. She had all the same insecurities and a lot of the same naïveté I would expect of a much younger heroine.
I enjoyed Tommy, Edie, and the others, though.
Xan West
Note: I caution disabled readers to tread carefully and read the content warnings.

Content Warnings (view spoiler)
Karie Gibson
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book for months. I was so happy to get my hands on Tommy and Edie's story. Their story is hot, romantic, and real. I could relate to this couple more than any other I've ever read.
Edie got a second chance at life and Tommy shows her how she wants to live it. Neither were looking for long term, a vacation fling at most, but sometimes the attraction and chemistry is so strong you can't deny it. This book is super sexy ladies so get ready. I'll never be able to hear th
Kelly - Words We Love By
Shelves: arc
I love Edie and Tommy! He is a rock star and all leather and she is just herself all cotton and pearls. I loved that about her and her saying that. She was the perfect one for him because she could love him for just being Tommy not his rock star status. And in return he gave her the love and attention she always needed. Do all love story start off great - no and sometimes shit happens in your life to mess things up. However, Edie deserves a Happily Ever After!
 B.E.Love
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars
After seeing a friend talk about how great this book was I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did, I loved this book. The story was great and I love that we have a couple who is a little older. This author really did a greta job with showing us how the heroine was healing and still needed to heal. The hero was amazing, patient and hot. I also loved to see the heroine grow and realize her worth. I highly recommend this book.
tinyteaplots
Feb 09, 2018 marked it as dnf
Shelves: zz-2018-read
Ugh. Another dnf for me 🙄
Sheila Kennedy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
12 stars.

As a person who has a form of CP, I smiled at the end of this book. I am blessed. Thanks for the beautiful words you shared with us.

• This Time Is Different
  • Plus One
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • Boss in the Bedsheets (Adventures In Dating, #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • The Doctor Will See You (Pure Pleasure #1)
  • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Risking Ruin (Pig & Barley #1)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Loner
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
Receive once-a-month updates and more with Love Notes: http://bit.ly/LoveNotesfromLBDunbar

L.B. Dunbar has an over-active imagination. To her benefit, such creativity has led to over thirty romance novels, including those offering a second chance at love over 40. Her signature works include the #sexysilverfoxes collection of mature males and feisty vixens ready for romance in their prime years. She

Sexy Silver Foxes (5 books)
  • Midlife Crisis: another romance for the over 40
  • Restored Dreams: more romance for the over 40
  • Second Chance: another romance for the over 40
  • Wine&Dine

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...