Start by marking “Missing Molly” as Want to Read:
Missing Molly

Missing Molly

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7,913 ratings  ·  653 reviews
"Great plot and characters. I really enjoyed this author's writing style and will be reading more of her work. I highly recommend this book." Netgalley reviewer
"A must read for everyone who loves psychological suspense!!!! Goodreads reviewer

Everyone has secrets, and Rachel Holloway is no exception. She’s worked hard to keep the past where it belongs: dead and buried. An
Published January 5th 2018 by The Last Word

To ask other readers questions about Missing Molly, please sign up.
Mike Lemay I listened to this book via Audible and the dialog took me back to when lived in East Anglia in England. Many of the grammatical errors are nothing mo…moreI listened to this book via Audible and the dialog took me back to when lived in East Anglia in England. Many of the grammatical errors are nothing more than colloquialisms. If you can't stand grammatical errors than you will have to throw away Huckleberry Finn, and most of John Steinbeck's work.(less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Missing Molly
Kaceey
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4.5*
Rachel Holloway’s community paper is in big trouble. If they can’t cook up some marketing magic to draw in sponsors, the paper will fold. (Pardon the pun.)
When one staff member recommends a podcast, everyone is quickly on-board. They decide to focus their premiere podcast on finding Molly Forster, a girl whose entire family was murdered fifteen years ago. Poor Molly, having vanished, was never seen or heard from again.
And now with the staffs’ podcast choice made, Rachel is suddenly griped
Sarah Joint
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Rachel is satisfied with her life and job, bookkeeping for a local newspaper. When she learns that advertisement is down and the paper is in danger of folding, she's all for any idea about how to inject new life into it... until she learns what they're going with. They're going to start a crime podcast, digging into an old case. It sounds interesting enough at first... until she hears the topic. They want to learn what happened to little Molly Forster. Problem: Rachel IS Molly Forester, the y ...more
Elyse  Walters
Audiobook...read by Lucy Price-Lewis.

The girl who got away....
is *Molly*....
Ha, guess the title gave that away, huh?/!

This psychological suspense novel was ‘ok’...
I mean - honestly - it was like eating junkie calories....but sometimes junkie-calories satisfy the ‘here&now’. Only to remind us - that we promise ourselves to eat better at our next meal.

It’s somewhat interesting to imagine what it would be like to bury your original name - create a new identity- re-build a completely new life...a
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Oh my goodness..... that was one crazy ride!

Rachel Holloway has a big secret..... and that secret is about to be exposed. The small local paper that she works for decides to start a series of podcasts in order to attract advertisers. The subject is Missing Molly.. the 9 year old girl who has been missing for 15 years since her family was murdered in front of her. only Rachel knows where Molly is and has been... she is Molly.

I really felt for Rachel and her desire to keep her family safe by keep
Schizanthus Nerd
* Trigger warnings include sexual assault and domestic violence *

When I first saw the cover for Missing Molly I wasn’t overly interested in the book as it’s fairly generic and doesn’t really capture your imagination. The blurb, however, really grabbed my attention and I had to read it.

Rachel Holloway works for a small struggling newspaper, the South Hackney Herald, and to try to generate some much needed interest and advertising dollars the team decide to embark upon a new venture - podcasting.
Tandie
Kimberly Dawn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Australian author Natalie Barelli knows how to write a GREAT thriller. I have read two of her novels and they are both pure escapism/enjoyment, but this one is my top favorite. MISSING MOLLY is an unbelievably riveting story. Audiobook narration by Lucy Price-Lewis is perfection!
Carlene Inspired
3.5 Stars
Little Molly Forster has been missing since that awful day when her entire family was murdered. People wonder where she is, but the town has kept that night and the secrets that came with it quiet. Until now. A small newspaper is determined to grow their numbers through a podcast focused on finding the missing girl. Their bookkeeper, Rachel Holloway, fight to keep the podcast from kicking off, but soon she too is caught up in the hunt to find Molly. Only, she knows exactly where Molly i
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
Another great story from Natalie Barelli. Rachel Holloway is a bookkeeper at a regional newspaper. The paper is struggling to get advertising revenue so they decide to spice things up a bit by producing a true crime podcast. But when Rachel hears that the subject is to be finding Molly Foster she is horrified. Molly was nine years old when her entire family was murdered. She was the sole survivor but eventually disappeared completely and changed her name as she was constantly afraid that the kil ...more
Jo
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the description and knew I had to read this one. I loved that it was revealed in the beginning that Rachel thought she was Molly. So many books would have tried to beat around the bush and make it a big reveal toward the end. I thought the flow of the book and the writing were solid and definitely kept me reading. I will be looking for more titles from Natalie Barelli.
Paula DeBoard
Gripping premise... audiobook held my attention throughout, despite a few "now why would [character] do that?" moments. ...more
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly Foster disappeared almost 12 years ago seemingly without a trace after the murder of her family. Now as a ploy to save their little newspaper they want to find Molly. Rachel doesn't want anyone looking for Molly. Rachel doesn't want Molly found but why? What is Rachel really hiding? And what will it cost them all to learn the truth?
This was a great read with many twists that keeps you guessing and surprised until the very end. I short but action packed story you will never see coming.
Curious Reader
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The local newspaper where Rachel works is starting a new podcast to save their sinking newspaper business. And their podcast is about " Missing Molly", a girl who disappeared fifteen years ago. Rachel is scared because she is Molly. What happens now? Will her coworkers be successful in finding Molly? Why is she hiding her identity?

Overall the book is okay I guess. Was interesting enough to keep me reading but not a page turner

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange
shane
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25/5 stars for Missing Molly by Natalie Barelli!

Thank you, Pikko's House, The Last Bureau, and NetGalley, for the ARC I was given of Missing Molly by Natalie Barelli. My rating and review are nothing but honest and non-biased.

Missing Molly is a psychological thriller that kept me at the edge of my seat. It was honest, intriguing, and cunning. I must admit, it didn’t have a grasp on me during the first few chapters. However, after that, I couldn’t stop reading.

Missing Molly is about a woman, R
Lennie Grace
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this! It was interesting, engaging, and the story was excellent. I loved the narrator for the audible version, which was how I read this book. I do a good chunk of my reading through audiobooks. :D It's a great way to "read" while driving or doing chores. I particularly like listening to books when I go to the park for exercise. :D

Rachel was a great main character, and I really liked how the story progressed along with the podcast. but I think my favorite part of the story w
Truly
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Melissa
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This was an Audible Daily Deal I picked up a week or so ago. Missing Molly was pretty much what I expected: you can half listen and then take it or leave it. It was good enough to fill the commuter hours, but I doubt I would've kept on reading if I had it in print or had to devote my whole attention to listening. ...more
Brandi Breezee
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A pretty decent psychological thriller. At first, I thought it was somewhat dumb, but I found myself getting more and more into it. It ended up not being as farfetched as I originally thought and had a hard time putting it down.
Cara Putman
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the audiobook. Other than a number of f bombs, the book was fantastic. I really enjoyed the twists and turns. Satisfying ending too.
Linda
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Although this story was very predictable, I still enjoyed it. A part of me really wanted Rachel to not be Molly and just be psychotic. I can't imagine what it would be like to witness your family being murdered when you were a child. I also can't imagine what it would be like living a life under an assumed name while constantly looking over your shoulder. There were some small twists to the story, but not anything that was monumental. Good characters and writing style and I enjoyed the narrator. ...more
Denise
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t read a lot of psychological thrillers but I really liked this one. I listened to the audio which was terrific! The characters were interesting and the story had several
twists and turns. I was never really sure about what was really going on until the end. Well written and addicting.
Hannah Rae
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really liked this. Truthfully, I considered giving it five stars... but it’s not an amazing work of literature or anything like that. It just kept me engaged. The reader was good and the story was suspenseful and I just really liked it.
Joanne
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Natalie Barelli has fast become one of my favourite authors. I loved the Emma Fern series and pre-ordered this straight away.

Missing Molly is different to the last two books, we still have a slightly unreliable narrator but Rachel is very different to Emma.

Rachel is a book-keeper on a local paper which is down on it’s luck. To bring in advertisers and therefore funds, the paper decides to create a podcast about a young girl whose family was brutally murdered over a decade ago and subsequently
Sue Wallace
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
missing Molly by Natalie barrelli.
Rachel Holloway is good at keeping Secrets. but this one she keeps has her changing her name. but as the only Survivor from her family who was murdered. Will she be safe? the newspaper where she works wants to do a podcast on saving Molly. how can she stop it? what is her big Secret?
Omg this was a fantastic read. I loved the story and the characters. except Hugo and his Son. what a read. Highly recommended. 5*. would give more if I could.
Julie Responsibly
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Downloaded the audio version while sitting on the tarmac during a three hour delay. A bit of fluff that totally hit the spot! There are definitely moments that didn't make sense (you've been running from the murderer for 10 years and suddenly you invite him over for dinner to meet your baby daughter?), but I'm going to blame the editor for that. ...more
torque
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unoriginal, unsurprising and unbelievable. I listened to the audiobook. The story was fast paced. The dialogue was pretty good, but I just didn't buy the story and many of the actions of the characters, especially Molly, Hugo and his dad. ...more
Anna Maria
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was ok until it started waffling. Too far fetched for my liking. Then the end gets rushed with many unanswered questions left. I find books like this infuriating.
Tessa
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-group-light
Too ridiculous- not worth your time.
Teddie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Another entertaining read by Natalie Barelli...

Rachel Holloway is working for a small newspaper that is about to close its doors unless it can attract more paid advertisers. A staff member comes up with the idea to air a serial podcast to increase readership. The subject of the podcast will be a local crime that happened fifteen years ago. Three members of the Forster family, the husband, wife, and a teenage daughter were brutally murdered in their home, and the presumed murderer committed suici
Samyann
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A character-driven story based in England, UK narrator. Plot: Twelve-year-old Molly escapes with her life from a man who kills her entire family - father, mother, sister. Years pass. Now happily married with a young child, Molly has a new identity: Rachael, a journalist. The company she is working for is scrambling to stay in business and decides to solve a cold case via podcast. The cold case is the murder of Molly's family and her subsequent disappearance. Everyone assumes Molly is long dead.

L

• The Newlyweds
  • The Wife
  • Little Whispers
  • Dear Wife
  • The Stranger's Wife (Detective Dan Riley, #3)
  • Stranger in the Lake
  • The Deep, Deep Snow
You will usually find Natalie Barelli reading a book, and that book will more likely than not be a psychological thriller. Then Natalie decided to write one, and she hasn’t stopped writing since.

When not absorbed in the latest gripping page-turner, Natalie rides motorcycles, knits very badly and spends far too much time at the computer. She lives in rural NSW, in Australia.

News & Interviews