Start by marking “Sister Sister” as Want to Read:
Sister Sister

Sister Sister

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  85 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Terror Times Two: Like laboratory animals, they have been studied and probed since the day they were born.

The scientists refer to them as "Duplicitas Anerior" The general public calls them "Siamese Twins." The cruel tabloids label them "Freaks of Nature." But to Neil Richards, their new teacher, Alpha and Beta are very special children...

Alpha is the dreamer; Beta is the d
Published January 1st 1992 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Sister Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sister Sister

Rebecca McNutt
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
At first I wasn't expecting much from Sister Sister, but I was really surprised by it. Although its terminology is a little outdated ("Siamese twins" is used instead of "conjoined twins" for instance), this book pulls off a scientific atmosphere while still providing an imaginative thriller story.
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
When envisioning the twins in this book I imagined Katie and Eilish Holton (a pair of conjoined twins who for the most part had their own torsos but were fused at the pelvic area) although from what I read in this book about Alpha and Beta it seems they are a bit more separated than Katie and Eilish were, as the real-life twins had more fusing of their torsos.

The cover of this book (the Kindle cover at least) made me think originally of a different pair of real-life conjoined twins, Abigail and
JessicaAFM
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Another thriller, horror. Its a pretty short novel and easy to read. I enjoyed it but I would have loved to seen Alpha and Beta fleshed out a bit more, seen more from their perspective. The general gist is that a special education teacher and a psychologist find themselves in over their heads when they are hired at a research facility to assess and help siamese twins, Alpha & Beta. Even though they share one body, they have different abilities and personalities, as well as extrasensory abili ...more
Linda
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story was very unusual in its ability to grab you and keep you interested. I loved the twins and at the same time felt sorry for them. I would recommend this book. I will be reading more from this author.
April
Jan 15, 2014 added it

Dude, I read this shit when I was really young. I took it off my moms bookshelf. It's really creeped me out.
Sondra Marroquin
Love this author

Great read. I like the way everything's worded. Great details. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes a twisted story.
Amanda Harbison
Oct 20, 2012
Paula Maddison
Aug 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Andrew Neiderman is the author of over 44 thrillers, including six of which have been translated onto film, including the big hit, 'The Devil's Advocate', a story in which he also wrote a libretto for the music-stage adaptation. One of his novels, Tender Loving Care, has been adapted into a CD-Rom interactive movie.

Andrew Neiderman became the ghostwriter for V.C. Andrews following her death in 19
More about Andrew Neiderman