Start by marking “Ransacker (Beserker #2)” as Want to Read:
Ransacker (Beserker #2)

Ransacker

(Berserker #2)

Rare powers. Precious metals. Deadly greed.

Sissel Hemstad and her siblings have been living peacefully in a small town in Montana, trying to blend-in and escape the violent events that haunt them, but they’ve all been tricked -- James Peavy, the handsome young man courting Sissel is secretly a Pinkerton spy.

The Hemstads possess supernatural powers bestowed upon their famil
Expected publication: January 29th 2019 by Feiwel Friends

To ask other readers questions about Ransacker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ransacker

Amy
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an eARC of this title for review.

I read Berserker last year and was so excited to see that Laybourne was going to continue the series. This story focuses mainly on Sissel and her discovery of being a Ransacker (this is the Nyette gift of finding and manipulating metals). The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is that it started a bit slow, and even though it was mainly focused on Sissel, the storylines also diverged every
Theresa
I read this ARC via NetGalley. This is a very unique YA series. I loved how the first book, Beserker, infused Norse mythology and Norwegian culture into a family story of settlement in the US, 1880’s. The characters were well developed and I felt attached to each of the 4 siblings as well as their guide Owen. Three of the siblings have a Nytteson gift that gives them fantastical abilities.

Since this book focused on Sissel, who was the least likable sibling from the first book, it was hard to adj
BookClub Bestie
Nov 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
This was a 3.5 book for me. The book just started out a bit slow for me. It did pick up and I ended up enjoying it by the end, but it took a while to get there. I also was not a fan of the main character, personally so I think that played a part of my lower rating. The author builds a great world and has great character development. I enjoyed the writing style as well.
Iany Mcgrawn
Nov 23, 2018
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Mel Barnes
Nov 14, 2018
Erin
Apr 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2018-release
Slowly counting down the days till this release! I can't wait to see what happens to the siblings next!!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Jenessa Jacobs
Feb 19, 2018
Luna
Feb 20, 2018
EMMY LAYBOURNE is a Young Adult novelist best known for her Monument 14 series, an internationally best-selling trilogy that has been translated into 9 languages. Her standalone book Sweet won a Junior Library Guild Award, was a YALSA Quick Pick and got a Perfect Ten rating from VOYA. Her latest books, Berserker, and Ransacker tell the story of a family of Norwegian teens with ancient Viking power ...more

Berserker (2 books)
  • Berserker (Berserker #1)