Start by marking “Logic Beach: Part I” as Want to Read:
Logic Beach: Part I

Logic Beach: Part I

Mathematician Polly Hare is missing. She leaves behind: one cat, one scarf, and a hypergeometric theory of everything with the potential to end physics. Her husband Benjamin is determined to bring her home.
Papers will be read. Cults will be infiltrated. Cats will be petted. Benjamin Hare cannot tie his shoes, but he may well steer the course of human history.

Thousands
Published November 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Logic Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Logic Beach

Start your review of Logic Beach: Part I
Цветозар Бонев
/English version of this review can be found at the bottom/

"Отне 14 милиарда години, за да бъдеш направена, и няма да се случиш отново."

Не съм най-големият фен на sci-fi жанра, главно защото трудно харесвам каквото и да е свързано с него. Но това е както отчасти мой проблем, така и отчасти проблем на авторите. В sci-fi, поне за мен, не е важен замисълът, не е важен и финалът, защото тези брилянти идеи не са толкова редки, колкото човек би си помислил. Рядкостта на добрите sci-fi истории идва в
Abhishek
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s a good read, no doubt. It builds on one of my favourite Exurb1a videos, “Humanity: Good Ending” with the concept of the Etherea being expanded upon. Did a good job of grabbing my attention with the writing style in the early chapters, and managed to keep it through the book. The writing in the first few chapters was The book is riddled with philosophical undertones typical of Exurb1a but this time, there’s a plot and characters.

Minor annoyances were that some explanations of concepts were
Jēkabs Janovs
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m extremely intrigued by the concept of the book. (Meaning - the long wait for the sequel has begun :D )

For long I’ve wanted to read a book like this, and earlier this month I accidentally found Exurb1a’s channel on YouTube. Who would have guessed that such a person, who creates extremely hilerious content online can actually write top notch literary works... I was genualy surprised!

Even though I was confident that this book will consist of Youtube-like witty content, I couldn’t have been more
NAK Baldron
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you follow Exurb1a on YouTube you'll feel right at home with this novel, where he covers many of the same themes in a more dramatic format. Despite the novel being about ideas, great ideas, it doesn't come at the cost of characters. The mystery is engaging, and while I think I know where it's going, I'm still anxiously waiting to see it fulfilled.

The only draw back is that as a Part 1 there is little in the way of resolution at the end of the book. However, if the next part is half as good
May Be
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author explores some really complicated, abstract issues. Definetly gives you food for thought. On the other hand, he's always on the verge of getting too abstract in his imagery and explanations. There's no shame in expecting a degree of intelligence and imagination from your reader, but there's a fine line between writing a somewhat demanding book and writing a completely inaccessible book. I'm not saying that's what happened here. Just saying that the author should be watchful when it ...more
Abraxas Longley
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interest Concept, Acceptable Execution

I'd recommend checking out the author's other works first. This is only the first half of the story and the second half has yet to come out.

If, however you're like me and you've read every other Exurb1a book and still yearn to fill the unending void of soul-shredding emptiness gnawing away at your spirit -- look no further!

Exurb1a's distinctive blend of fantasy and theoretical physics is wonderful. His playful language and relatably broken characters are
Terje
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rinchen Choden
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Give us Part II, as quickly as possible.

/ I like oceans now because of you: mad and churning manifolds of complexity, teeming playground if natural law, of biology, and chemistry, and physics. All we get of it, all we really see, is whatever washes up and out. its easy to forget, when picking up a shell or a fragment of sea glass how long a journey it undertook to reach your hand, the pilgrimage, the currents it has been conveyed by, a life of salt and whimsy and time. But it is now, on the
Pranav
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A real fucking mess of things

I mean that in the best of ways. Enthralling is, I believe, an appropriate word to describe my experience after having finished this book.
The cliffhanger is downright maddening. A cult!? Holy crap, Exurb1a! You leave him a choice, essentially between two distinct life imprisonments!

No, seriously, this book is actually, really brilliant for anyone who loves Science-Fiction and Thrillers.
S.
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first book I read by Exurb1a, The Fifth Science, was a phenomenal collection of short stories. Logic Beach was good, but didn't blow me away like that. Maybe the characters didn't seem as real, or the ideas / thought experiments were a little less amazing.

Either way, he's an amazing author, and this book is worth a read if you're in the mood for a Diaspora-esque walk through the world living inside a computer.
Som Harsh
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Baautiful

Had a blast reading this book
the first 60% was an out of the world experience for me
Last 10% sucked though i felt i need to just finish already
But the climax between lambert and argie was just brilliant
And i absolutely adored the part when hare misses you
Will definitely but its second part
In short it's Worth all the Money
Cristian Pasat
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You are weird, Exurb1a.

But, as always, I liked your book and enjoyed the way you sing us your tales. Until the next one...
Quiddity
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great post-singular scifi, in the vein of Stross, Banks, and Rajaniemi.
Arthur99
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fucking love this book, especially the romantic letters from the husband are really nice to read and I always feel warm inside after them. Waiting for a part 2
Nicola Georgiev
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the idea of the book. Also very intriguing story line. Bulgaria wasn't portrayed half that bad as well :)
Swarup Rajpurohit
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 when!!?
Filippy
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A spurge of clever and rational LSD
Brandon Nimon
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book with several new and unique ideas that could only be explored in a Scifi book such as this. I can't wait for Part 2!
Kristupas
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Where sci fi meets everyday relationships and intertwines perfectly. Exurb1a delivers again. Can not wait for part 2. Highly recommended!
Timo Manninen
Mar 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Atlantropa Articles: A Novel
  • The Forest & Pale Green Dot: Book One & Two of The Forest Series
  • Silver (Inverted Frontier #2)
  • Human, All Too Human: A Book for Free Spirits
  • Cognitive Psychology and its Implications
  • The Presidency of Woodrow Wilson (American Presidency)
  • Identity Crisis: The 2016 Presidential Campaign and the Battle for the Meaning of America
  • The Birth of Tragedy
  • Interview with the Robot
  • Permutation City (Subjective Cosmology #2)
  • Immortal: Last Call (The Immortal Series Book 6)
  • Bone Silence (Revenger, #3)
  • A Year and a Day in Old Theradane (Rogues, #8)
  • And Shall Machines Surrender
  • The Land That Time Forgot (Caspak, #1)
  • In Her Name: Redemption (In Her Name: Redemption, #1-3)
  • Mars Trilogy
“What a lovely thing utopia is when you were too young to remember the horror that came with it.” 8 likes
“However we feel about this, Arcadia was built with pure autonomy in mind. Autonomy is only true autonomy when you allow others to go in directions you don’t condone. All else is just ethical masturbation.” 2 likes