Jump to ratings and reviews

Deliver #4

Devastate

“What is the price you’re willing to pay?”
“Money isn’t an issue.”
“I’m not talking about money.”

Tate is on the hunt to find his best friend’s sister.
Eleven years ago, Lucia Dias was abducted. Presumed dead. He never met her, so why does he care?
Some might call his efforts noble, but his motivation is more perverse, bordering on obsession.

When he follows a chilling lead to Venezuela’s Kidnap Alley, what he finds is neither a corpse nor a captive.

Amid poisonous lies and crippling depravity, the price of love is devastation.
And he pays.
With his body, his blood, and her life.

DELIVER series (HEAs with no cliffhangers - must be read in order):
Deliver #1

Loading interface...

About the author

Pam Godwin

43 books8,586 followers
New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their retired greyhounds, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.

Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and might be considered more unhealthy than her aversion to sleeping, eating meat, and dolls with blinking eyes.

SIGNED BOOKS and MERCH: pamgodwin.com/shop
INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/pamgodwinauthor
TIKTOK: tiktok.com/@pamgodwinauthor
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/pamgodwinbooks
AMAZON: www.amazon.com/author/pamgodwin

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
34 (2%)
1 star
14 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 291 reviews
Profile Image for Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️.
1,794 reviews27.9k followers
February 3, 2018
4.5 Stars

So. Fucking. Good.

I love it when this happens.

I love it when a book I am highly anticipating meets my expectations.

It's a moment that's almost celestial.

Such a joy.
...And a bit of a relief, no?

In an effort to avoid spoilers, I will keep this borderline gush-fest brief.

Pam Godwin is an author goddess.
A sexy sexy times scribe goddess.
A dark and make you say !!! dirty goddess.

I'll be honest...which I always am, so I'm not sure why I needed to start this sentence with an honesty disclaimer, but as I was saying...

I'll be honest: I was a little nervous about this book.

This is obviously a series, with this being the fourth book in that series. (See how well I can count? And read?).

And when I saw that the love interest in THIS book was Tate - a character who spent all of the LAST book obsessed and pining over the LAST book's heroine?

I became...concerned.

But like I said, PG is a boss and made it work and then some here.

The mystery of Lucia and her whereabouts and motivations kept me interested...
Tate was all smexy and hot AF and all that...

But what kept me glued to the page?

GLUED?

None other than my FAVORITE thing in this entire series...

THIS guy:

AKA, the hottest...

CRAZIEST...

Toothpick-toting-est...

Van fucking Quiso.

Lemme just say that Van is one of my all time favorite book boyfriends.

ALL time.

description

I call - and have called - fucking dibs and I will slay - SLAY, I say - anyone who tries to claim the same. *fists up and ready peeps*

In order not to spoil this series for readers who have NOT read it yet, I will just say that Van is all kinds of fucked up and wrong and you will hate him in book one.

But his book - book two - is my favorite book in this series (still) and one of my favorite books of all time, period.

He and Amber (whom I adore) are one of my top couples ever.
They are beyond fucked up and damaged and riddled with legit mental illness and I would gorge on them for all eternity if I could.

So getting some extra doses of them in this book was a total win for me.

I also ADORED Van and Tate's relationship dynamic and interactions throughout this book.

Another HUGE win for me?

Another AMAZING and completely unexpected appearance of a beloved character from Pam's Tangled Lies series.

I won't specifically name that character as to do so runs the potential of completely wrecking THAT series for folks who haven't read it yet...but folks who HAVE can probably guess who that character is....

It was amazing and awesome and all the adjectives under the sun that equate to SUPER. Fucking. Swell.

So, thank you, Pam Godwin.

I know I will get asked this in the comments and it's a VERY good question, so I will answer it here:

This CAN be read as a standalone, I suppose...HOWEVER(!!!) In my opinion, I think that to enjoy this book to the fullest, you MUST read books 1-3 first.

And, if possible, you should try to read Pam's Tangled Lies series before reading book four of THIS series.

Failure to do so will absolutely WRECK that series for you - and it's SUCH an amazing series and I HIGHLY recommend it.

So, yeah, that's a lot of reading (six books total) that I feel need to be read prior to this in order to FULLY enjoy this book; but you know what?

I loved and devoured them ALL.

So, if your wallet can take it or your library supply it, I can't recommend these book highly enough.

Just to note: Book one of this series is actually my least favorite of the series; but books 2-4 were all 4.5/5 stars for me, I believe.

So if you like it, but don''t adore it - fear not.

Keep pushing.

Anyway, that's all I got.

Current fans of this series, I hope you all love this as much as I did when you finally get it in your hands!

description

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Profile Image for Christy.
3,712 reviews31.6k followers
February 5, 2018
4 stars!

“description"/

NO ONE writes dark romance like Pam Godwin. Seriously- no one. She is the best of the best when it comes to this genre in my opinion. Her Deliver series has been epic for me, so of course I was ecstatic to get to this book. Devastate is Tate’s book, but there is so much more to it than just being Tate’s book. We get so much of my boy Van, and another one of my favorite characters from Pam (to be honest, he kind of stole the show for me… and totally needs his own book ASAP!).

Tate is looking for his best friend, Camilia’s sister, Lucia. He will do whatever it takes to find her. No cost is too high. He finds her in Venezuela’s dark and decrepit ‘Kidnap Alley’ and is stunned at what he finds. He wasn’t sure what he expected, but this Lucia is not it.
She was, without question, the sexiest, most striking woman he’d ever seen. But it changed nothing. She was still a gang member, and he still loved her sister.

Lucia is no captive or slave, but in a sense, she is. She has spent the past eleven years working for a monster. She has had no real choice in the matter. She assumed this is what she would do until she no longer could, but then Tate came along. Tate and Lucia’s relationship is convoluted at the start. I was nervous more than once about how they could make things between them work, or how they would even survive the predicaments they were in. As time went on, Tate started to feel more for Lucia. He wanted her, not because she was Camilia’s sister, but because she became everything to him.

“One night, Lucia. Everyone needs someone. Even me. Tonight, I’m yours. Your someone.”

Even with the amazing ‘team’ these two had behind them, I was so worried they wouldn’t be able to do it. Wouldn’t be able to get out and have their happy, which they both deserved so much…

Devastate is a story that kept me on the edge of my seat. It captivated me and shook me to my core. I was anxious throughout so much of the story. I loved how many of my favorite characters played such a huge part, but at times, I felt like it distracted me from Tate and Lucia’s story. This book was dark. Like DARK, DARK. If you are a fan of dark romance, pick this one up! It can technically be read as a stand alone, but you will get so much more out of the story if you read the first few books first!
It was the bad stuff that breathed vivid life into the good.

“description"/
Profile Image for Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾.
1,987 reviews11.7k followers
February 2, 2018
5 STARS

The price of love is devastation.”

Holy.
Freaking.
SHIT.

It's been a long LONG while since I read a dark romance so dark that I actually needed a mental health break after reading it. This book completely destroyed me. In the best way possible. But I still doubt I'll ever be the same. I don't remember the last time I read a story that had me riveted to the pages, with one eye closed, anxiety in the pit of my stomach, and an undeniable feeling of dread the entire time. It was one of those stories that you simply experience. And then find yourself in need of sunshine, unicorns, and rainbows immediately after. Because holy shit! Have I already said that? HOLY. SHIT.

First of all, while this book introduces a different couple, I really don't recommend it out of order. A lot of the backstory would simply be lost on you. Do yourself a favor and read the series in order. Trust me. Tate is a character that I first became intrigued with in Vanquish, and was practically salivating for his story by Disclaim. I was dying to know who the woman would be that would get him over his unrequited love for Camila. But suffice it to say, I never saw coming just where Pam was going to take his story.

Long thought dead, the disappearance of Camila's sister, Lucia has been a mystery. Determined to find proof of life or her death once and for all, Tate finds himself in the belly of the beast. Venezuela’s Kidnap Alley is not a place anyone goes to voluntarily. Certainly not anyone who doesn't have a death wish. But going straight into the pits of hell that's ran by a ruthless killer is exactly what Tate does. But nothing could prepare him for what he finds.
Sorrow existed to breed happiness. Pain gave rise to pleasure. Loss brought about exploration.

This book is almost impossible to review. I feel like every tiny morsel of a detail could be a possible spoiler. And the less you know about this story, the better.

What I can tell you, is that I fell head over heels for Tate. This man has been to the pits of hell and managed to climb his way out. And now he steps right back into danger voluntarily for his love of a woman that will never return his feelings. I was terrified that the woman he ends up with will feel like a consolation prize. But I should have known better than to doubt the brilliance of Pam Godwin. She pulled it off flawlessly. Because this depraved relationship that was built on hope and pain was nothing short of breathtaking.
She tasted like sin and paradise, a sweet combination that would never tire, never completely sate, because he would always want more.
More of her mouth.
More of her pussy.
More of this.

Lucia was this eerie combination of strength and pain. You want to judge her for who she is and what she does, yet it's impossible. There's so many layers to both of these characters, that by the time you're done peeling them all back, you're completely sucked into their story.

There's a cameo by a certain character that many will appreciate. No, I won't tell you who it is. But if you've read Pam's Tangled Lies trilogy, you'll love this appearance.

The story itself was absolutely spellbinding, in the most fucked up way ever. It's violent, painful, incredibly emotional, beautiful in its depravity, and completely unforgettable. All I know is I'm left shaken, ruined, and awaiting the next release like a junky waiting for their fix. If you're a fan of dark romance, no one writes it better than this woman. Do yourself a favor and read this book!

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Profile Image for ✰ Liz ✰ .
1,342 reviews1,246 followers
February 3, 2018
★4.5★
"I'm here for you and you alone."
description

Devastate is the fourth book in the Deliver Series. In order to grasp the full emotions of the characters and their plight, I highly recommend reading this series in order. As the twisted fates of a few broken people intercept and intertwine, the balance of right and wrong sway violently back and forth. This series is certainly not for the faint of heart but, if you are willing to take a ride through the dark and twisted side than this one is for you!

description
"When she smiles. I feel a peace, unlike anything I've felt in my life."
Tate Vades is on a mission to rescue Lucia Dias. Lucia is the sister of his dear friend Camila. Although Tate is willing to do whatever it takes to find Lucia and bring her home, he could never have prepared his heart for what would happen when he discovered all there is to know about Lucia. She has endured so much to survive and when Tate enters her dark world, even he, a man with plenty of demons, cannot believe the circumstances she has been forced to face. Now that he has found her, he will stop at nothing to rescue her and make her his.

description
"In that moment, he knew he would endure."
Told in dual POV, Devastate delivers a gritty and action-packed dark romance with complex characters and an intricate plot. The supporting cast of characters is critical to the plot and the way in which they offer emotional and physical support to Lucia and Tate crafts together an impenetrable "family" that will not be torn apart. In addition to the darkness, there is much light as passion blooms between Tate and Lucia. The relationship between the two grows and transforms into an unstoppable force that can never be broken. Ms. Godwin offers plenty of twists and turns as these characters battle the evil that surrounds them. In this world, anything and everything can and will happen.

description

I have long been a fan of this series and the beautiful and broken characters that live and breathe in this world. The one theme that continues to prevail is that love truly can heal all wounds. I highly recommend this series to any and all dark suspense fans. With complex characters and an unstoppable plot, Devastate delivers another unforgettable read!

***Deliver Series***
Deliver (Deliver, #1) by Pam GodwinVanquish (Deliver, #2) by Pam GodwinDisclaim (Deliver, #3) by Pam GodwinDevastate (Deliver, #4) by Pam GodwinTake (Deliver, #5) by Pam Godwin

*This is a BR with War, CC, and Loyda!

description

*ARC graciously provided via author in exchange for an honest review!

description
Profile Image for the sock.
832 reviews238 followers
July 4, 2021
another skimfest

didn’t like the whole heroic syndrome Tate has going on. i wanted a legit asshole alpha male w/ a soft side for their girl and though some might argue, Tate wasn’t it (esp after the whole pining for another girl thing)

Lucia

the couple

1 star for Van (i love this trio btw)

”I prefer women with more meat on their bones.”
“You’re so full of shit.” Tate snatched the binoculars. “Your wife weighs a hundred pounds soaking wet.”
“Amber’s a fucking knockout, and if you mention her again, I’ll chloroform you while you sleep and hang you by an ankle from the ceiling with a thirteen-inch dildo shoved up your ass.”
Tate stared at him and blinked.
“Too soon?” Van asked.
“Yeah, Van. Fuck.”
“You two are giving me a headache.” Cole leaned a shoulder against the glass

and another star for VaAmber crumbs (again)

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. In a swirl of tears and long brown hair, a beautiful woman shot out of the lift and collided with Van’s chest.
He grunted a noise that sounded a lot like a sob as he yanked her up his body and buried his face in her neck.
“Amber, you were supposed to stay upstairs.” Cole stiffened as he scanned the street through the glass doors. “It’s not safe.”
She wrapped her legs around Van’s waist, crying as she peppered his face in kisses, covering the length of his scar and the bruises around his eye. When their lips met, he kissed her hard and deep, eating at her mouth with a passion that heated Lucia’s cheeks.

context : that scene there was after Van’s near death coz of their mission. and gotta mention : that one scene where Amber defended Van?? swoon. my heart can’t take it. (the only times i felt anything the whole book and it’s not even for the main couple)

random thing

”Tell her to leave.”
“You have a problem with dancers?” Tate pointedly looked at Cole’s tattoo.
From wrist to elbow was an inked silhouette of a woman swinging on a dance pole.
“I’ve seen better.” Cole brought the beer to his lips for a hardy swallow. “Much better.”

if u’ve read Tangled Lies, u know what he’s talking about and IM SAD

overall

this one has more action than the other in the series so far (i think), w/ the mission they’re on, which usually will make me enjoy it more. but i just couldn’t like the any of the characters or more importantly, care about the couple (lack chemistry ngl). this was still better than Camila & Matias’s book tho. now let’s just hope Tiago & Kate can give me feels the way Van & Amber did (still do. yep. they be retired and still managed to gave me feels. will always do)
Profile Image for CC.
1,038 reviews611 followers
March 24, 2019
4.5 Stars!

For Tate Vades, life hasn’t always been easy but he’s adapted to his situation. Pining after his good friend for some time, he believes he can capture her heart if only he can find her missing sister. When Tate decides to act on his plan, he is tested physically and emotionally in ways he never could have foreseen.

“What is the price you’re willing to pay?”

Lucia Dias has been separated from her family for eleven years and learned quickly that she couldn’t trust anyone in her current surroundings. Employed by the local underworld boss, Lucia knows her place but is beginning to lose hope of having a different life.

“What is it going to be Lucia? The easy way? Or…” He tightened his fingers against her throat, cutting her airflow. “The hard way?”

As Tate’s path takes him to Caracas in search of Lucia, he begins to realize that his journey is more than just finding her, but also about reconciling his past and fighting for a future. For Lucia, the hope she lost is resurrected when she connects with Tate on a deeper level than she ever expected. As they start to trust each other, the risks are high but they are willing to fight for a chance.

“With his hands on her hips, he drove inside her, feeding her every ruthless inch and unleashing the last of his restraint.”

With Tate’s history, the loneliness of his character pervades, but even during his darkest times, his humanity didn’t wane. Finally finding what he’s been searching for, Tate doesn’t back down and stakes his claim to Lucia. Most importantly, Tate evolves as he learns from his past and embraces who he is now. Throughout this plot, Lucia’s plight is heavy and the hopelessness of her situation is strongly felt – ranging from her stubborn resignation to infusing passion into desperate times.

Told in third person, the plot tension builds at a steady crescendo leading to gritty moments filled with psychological implications and adrenaline pumping action. Adding to the appeal of Tate and Lucia are secondary characters that continue to be weaved into the ongoing plot of the Deliver series. Van Quiso’s role in this book is monumental for his own character arc and also for Tate’s personal growth. With his added presence, the plot felt more cohesive. Lastly, the inclusion of Cole Hartman made my heart flutter again and can’t wait to read more about him being part of the Freedom Fighters.

In true Pam Godwin fashion, Devastate follows a complex plot rich in earnest characters and effective scenes that evoke a sense of strong emotional strength. What I always love about this author’s work is her ability to stay true to her characters and to take a darker path when it furthers the storyline.

Devastate is dark story paralleling the trials and tribulations of characters placed in harsh circumstances but showing how resilient one can be. I highly recommend!

Deliver series:
Deliver (Deliver, #1) by Pam Godwin Vanquish (Deliver, #2) by Pam Godwin Disclaim (Deliver, #3) by Pam Godwin Devastate (Deliver, #4) by Pam Godwin Take (Deliver, #5) by Pam Godwin

*An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review.*

*This was a (F)BR with Twinsie Hawkey, Loyda and Lonestar Liz!*

description
Profile Image for warhawke.
1,273 reviews1,910 followers
January 29, 2018
Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense
Type: Book 4 of Deliver series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Tate Vades had a quest to complete - to find his best friend's missing sister. His reason behind it might be skewed, but his dedication never wavered.

For years Lucia Dias was thought to be dead. But when she was finally found, she's no longer the same person as she was before.

Lucia’s smile was his responsibility, his goal, his everything. Her life, her health, all of her was his to protect.

I sympathize with Tate for the difficult position he put himself in and I like how it made him vulnerable. I also appreciate his loyalty and perseverance.

There was nothing sexier than a woman with a gun. But Lucia was more than that. Strong, stunning, and gutsy as all hell, she was badass personified.

Lucia, I don't want to say much about her for a reason. But I like what her character had to go through because in such situation, you get to see what a person is made of.

I love the storyline. It was suspenseful and gritty. And I absolutely love how my two most favorite Pam Godwin's characters were in this book. But that means Tate was relegated to a nobody because I was busy lusting after my favorites lol! This book supposed to be his book, but he didn't stand out as much as he should.

“You can’t fix this, Tate. Go home.”

Devastate is a story of fighting for the one you love. It would appeal to fans of dark romantic suspense.

Note 1:
Before starting the book, I had an special wish that is very unlikely to come true. But lo and behold it happened! It's on different situation but still never I thought the author would include such scene. I feel like god finally listened to my depraved prayers haha!

Note 2:
I'm nervous about the direction of the next book. There's a certain character I'm possessive of and I never want that person to be "soiled".

Books in the series:

🔗 🔪 🔗. . . (F)BR With Twinsie CC, Loyda & Liz . . . 🔗 🔪 🔗

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Profile Image for MELISSA *Mel Reader*.
1,324 reviews1,389 followers
February 6, 2018
4.5 He Was Her Everything Stars!

-What a cruel thing love was, silent and desolate in its torture. How ironic that loving someone was the thing that hurt the most.

photo IMG_5242_zpsp1j2dqn0.jpg

Tate Vades is a gorgeous 25 yr. old man from Austin, Texas who had a rough life growing up. He was kidnapped at 19 and experienced some things that will forever haunt him. He considers himself a survivor, and is now part of a vigilante group who calls themselves the Freedom Fighters. They sacrificed to fight in their crusade against sex slavery & trafficking. In a way it was their therapy. His closest friend in this group was Camila Dias. Over the last six years he grew to care deeply for her. Her sister was missing and he wanted to reunite them & give Camila closure. He’s hired investigators to try & locate her sister Lucia. Lucia was abducted 11 years ago, and is presumed dead. Tate follows a lead to the capital of kidnapping in Venezuela. He finds himself in one of the largest slums in South America where violence & corruption is a way of life. A place where you have to fully embrace it to survive it.

photo IMG_5259_zps8spadkm3.jpg

Tate is determined to find Lucia, and return her safely to her sister. What he finds isn’t exactly what he was expecting. This beautiful fierce woman he encounters in Venezuela is ruthless. In the midst of devastation, she is trying to stay alive. Tate becomes completely infatuated. He wants to protect & take care of her. He also is insatiable for her, and finds himself caring deeply about this woman. He soon learns the price of love is devastation as his limits are tested, and he must do whatever it takes to be with the woman who owns his heart.

photo IMG_5262_zpsdmhfgwlq.jpg

I adored this book! I’ve been dying for Tate’s story, and it was fabulous! I love this whole series! Pam Godwin is truly the queen of dark romance. This book was sexy and intense. We also get an appearance from a man I love from the Tangled Lies series. I’m hoping to get more of him in Kate’s book up next! :))

photo IMG_5276_zpsmajhhuqj.jpg

-It felt as though they’d been lovers for years, like there was a familiarity between them, a uniquely matched closeness he’d never experienced with another woman.

-She had the ability to hurt his heart and put it at ease all at once.

-He would fucking fight for her with every breath in his body. She was his.

photo 23131972._SX540__zpsqorggjpy.jpg
Profile Image for Lo Bookfrantic.
760 reviews563 followers
February 1, 2018
4.5★★★★Stars

Genre:  Dark Contemporary
Type:  Book 4 of  Deliver series
POV:  First Person - Dual

description

"Without the bad stuff-the trauma, the fall, and the crash-joy wouldn't exist."

Tate Vades; had fallen in love hard and needed a distraction.  What more than to go on the hunt for his best friend's missing sister to keep his mind occupied.  He knew staying as far away from an impossible love was the best for him.

"The price of love is devastation."

Lucia Dias disappeared when young and everyone thought she was dead.  However; what they found was a complete changed person.  The life she had been living changed her and it was the only thing she could do to stay alive.

"Free. She wished for nothing, prayed to no one, and had zilch to lose. If freedom was a state of mind, she was hopelessly liberated."

I actually really enjoyed this story; I found it more enjoyable probably because I binge read the series so all the characters were fresh in my mind.  One character in particular stole my heart and soul from the beginning and having him in this book made my heart do flips and palpitations hahaha.  I found the story to be so much better and interesting with him in it.

The story was packed with a lot of suspense and surprises; definitely plenty of sexy times and heart palpitation moments.  I was unable to put this book down once I started it.  Readers who are following the series will find themselves immerse in the story and would truly enjoy this ride.  Overall, this book will be appealing to readers looking for a great dark romantic suspense read and are not afraid of some hard limits.

Coming February 6th 2018
Pre-Order:
Amazon / Other Retailers

Books in the series:
Deliver (Deliver, #1) by Pam Godwin Vanquish (Deliver, #2) by Pam Godwin Disclaim (Deliver, #3) by Pam Godwin Devastate (Deliver, #4) by Pam Godwin Take (Deliver, #5) by Pam Godwin

📖☠️This was a F(BR) with War, CC & Liz☠️📖

description
Profile Image for Amy | Foxy Blogs.
1,341 reviews960 followers
January 12, 2022
WHAT IS THE PRICE YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY?

Tate has decided to help locate his best friend, Camila's, sister. Most everyone is convinced she is dead since she was stolen and sold into sex slavery over a decade ago. Even Camila no longer thinks her sister, Lucia, is alive. Tate makes it his mission to find out the truth about what happened to Lucia and *if* she's alive to reunite her with Camila. The price he must pay to find the truth broke my heart.

I don't want to give too much away on what Tate must endure getting his answer. And if the answer he seeks is the one he had hoped for. A lot happens on this journey to find Lucia that makes for challenging moments for him. He faces some of his most humiliating moments but through it all Tate grows as a man to not be messed with.

DEVASTATE is the fourth book in the Deliver series. It can be read as a standalone BUT if you plan to read the other books in the series - start with book one because there is an overall arc that flows through this series. Devastate is a dark book that takes you on a rescue mission journey in search of a person who has been missing for over a decade.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
RELEASE DATE: February 6, 2018

**Complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.**

descriptive text here
Follow Foxy Blogs at: BlogTwitterInstagramFacebook
May 27, 2019
Audio – 5 stars for JF Harding; 2 stars for Tracy Marks (sadly, not my kind of narrator).
Story – 3 stars

I like this author’s brand of “dark” but not “romance”.

The Dark: This series, which should be read in order, is made up of characters who were victims who became predictors and are now vigilantes working along side the people they’ve hurt/violated to rid the world of the people who continue to prey on the innocent. Can you imagine a rape victim working along side their rapist to stop sex trafficking?? Or to go no a rescue mission of a loved one? That’s this series and more. The heroines are kickass and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty. They know it’s kill or be killed. None of that goody two shoes nonsense going on in this series.

I should also state, that the scenes in each book seem to be getting more and more depraved and most are graphic.

The Romance: The primary ingredients in the romance are gorgeous characters and bdsm. It doesn’t matter that the characters are likeable, to me the romance comes off as shallow. Sex seems to be the therapy for these beautiful, damaged people. But this is fiction, and anything goes. It’s just not my kind of romance. I need the feels.

I read the series because I find the dark fascinating, but I don’t see myself leaving a 5-star rating until something in the romance portion changes.

March 9, 2018
“What a cruel thing love was, silent and desolate in its torture. How ironic that loving someone was the thing that hurt the most.”
- Tate Vades

* * *
“I fucking love that woman so much it redefines the meaning of happiness. It’s not a matter of putting her happiness before mine. When she smiles, I feel a peace unlike anything I’ve felt in my life. And if letting her go is the only way for her to keep that smile, I would do it again in a heartbeat.”
- Van Quiso

* * *
“She didn’t have use of her legs, but she had a wealth of aggression in her bones. Her body was dying, but her spirit sang with life. Her muscles would give, but her mind would not.”

* * *
“One bullet. It was all she needed.
It would erase the pain. Eradicate the illness. End the loneliness.
She was afraid to die, afraid of the terrible nothingness that awaited. But more than that, she was terrified to live, to endure another day of this vicious circle. She didn’t want to fight anymore.”

* * *
“The price of love is devastation.”
- Tiago Badell

* * *
“It was the bad stuff that breathed vivid life into the good.
Sorrow existed to breed happiness.
Pain gave rise to pleasure.
Loss brought about exploration.
Through a story of suicidal lovers and a gate carved into skin, it was grief that had led her to Tate.
They found each other in tragedy.
A silent, unified heartbeat in the midst of devastation.”
(Lucia Dias)
Profile Image for ~♡AB♡~.
975 reviews664 followers
February 2, 2018
I cannot tell you how much I adore this series! It's by far one of my top favourite dark romance reads, and if Van Quiso were to join forces with my other very much loved dark character, Javier Bernal, then I wouldn't be opposed to a menage...

This story follows Tate, who after being released from captivity, is convinced he is in love with Camilla (book 3). He vows to find Camilla's missing sister to bring her some much needed peace, but is thrown for a loop when he meets the woman responsible for raping and torturing innocent men on behalf of a Venezuelan crime Lord.

Lucia was such a great character I loved her, she was a fierce woman who had many levels to her - no wonder Tate fell head over heels in love with her, and I loved how much he needed to protect her right from the start. Tate was a true alpha who met his match with this woman!

This series is so dark and gruesome, but despite the horrible acts of violence and the psychological torture, the characters are an absolute delight to read about. It's a rocky journey but one that will make you feel so full of love by the end that it's worth all the pain it took to get there.

As always, I cannot wait to see where the next book leads us...

Devastate is a dark romance and is part of a series of interconnecting stories, but can most definitely be read as a standalone. Contains scenes that readers may find distressing.
Profile Image for ~Stéphanie's Journal~.
620 reviews348 followers
March 24, 2019
I've read the entire Deliver series almost back to back and now I think I'm going to suffer from withdrawal because how am I supposed to let this all go?
Pam Godwin continues to push over and over again! If you think Disclaim was dark, wait for Devastate! This is getting worse with each and every single book she writes! You think you've reach the darkest? Well not at all, Devastate is worse!

I was a little nervous when starting this one because I loved all the books in the series. I couldn't believe something could be better than what I felt with Disclaim or even Vanquish but I had the same vibes! Pam Godwin is really a queen when it comes to mix feelings and darkness. How she associate distress and hope is beyond me!

This is not a standalone, you have to read the other books because all of them are intertwined. Moreover I would strongly suggest reading The Tangled Lies series as well because one of the main characters makes an appearance here. If you want to read this trilogy read the Deliver series first, it'll spoil the entire trilogy if you don't which will be a real pity because the Tangled Lies series is one of the best I've read last year.

In Devastate, you have Tate who will do anything to find Camilla's sister, Lucia who's been missing for more than a decade.
I was so excited to get to know him because aside from being nice I didn't know how he was and how he could cope with what he has been through. I loved discovering where he was coming from, what was his life before his kidnapping and he became such an alpha man. I never could resist one and it was no different with him.

I had some concerns about Lucia when I first heard about her in Devastate. The picture described is far from encouraging. The mystery surrounding her was thick.

One more thing I was apprehensive about was how these two would fall in love for each other. How they would connect and how it would be believable... Well that's where Pam's magic happens. She makes it natural; she makes it spectacular even in the darkest of time.

Just a special mention to fans of Van because this man, he kinda stole the show for some parts. There wouldn't be Devastate without him! The parts he plays, the way he acts, the things he does are just him 100% and it made me love the man even more!

Last but not least for those who read Devastate, Am I the only one who want Kate to be with

~ Arc provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ~
Profile Image for Wil Loves Books!.
1,080 reviews451 followers
December 5, 2019
“ They found each other in tragedy. A silent, unified heartbeat in the midst of devastation.”

There’s no doubt that Pam is the Queen of dark reads! I just love her books they’re so freaking hot and sexy but at the same time they’re non-gratuitous. This series is just mind blowingly amazing! Love it. This is Tate’s story, one I was definitely looking forward to, especially after the last book. I love Tate, he’s just so freaking precious. I also loved Lucia. Their story definitely kept me hooked. And Van! I’m all about Van, he’s my man and any book that features him prominently I’m all up for it. Definitely looking forward to Kate’s book, it will take a whole lot to redeem Tiago, but if Pam could redeem Van, then I will trust it can be done!
Profile Image for Mimiorphee.
482 reviews22 followers
December 30, 2020
I'm totally in awe of Pam Godwin's ability to invent a completely new plot and atmosphere with each new book of the Deliver series.
In Devastate, the 4th installment, we follow the story of Tate (a true alpha that made me swoon: patient, caring, protecting and dominant ) and Lucia, Camilla's sister, a badass and resilient heroine I instantly connected with.

Once again, the psychological journey, and distress of 6the characters was amazingly handled. It truly was devastating. And beautiful.
Tate is determined to find out what happened to Lucia after the crash plane, and he embarks on a rescue mission. The thing is, is there someone to rescue? The woman isn't who he thought he would find... Or, is she?

With a Damocles sword hanging over their heads, the most unexpected binome leads the reader through action pack scenes and the most gruesome predicaments. And still, everything is brilliantly counterbalanced by sweet, intimate and heart-wrenching moments.

Meeting the characters of the other books, seeing their interactions, and most of all, their evolution in their healing (yes, even Van) process was very satisfying. They even made me laugh at time, which I never thought would happen. Another sign of the author's incredible writing.

That book complete a series that keeps me on the wedge of my seat, and I highly recommend it to lovers on the genre, enjoy!!!

I VOLUNTARILY REVIEWED AN ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!!!
February 4, 2018
4.5 Stars!

photo 1AA43EEF-6447-4F6F-B3A3-8A2F9348F7A9_zps1ijr6pu0.jpg

Holy crap, is Devastate the darkest and grittiest book of the Deliver series or am I just getting soft!? You take a model-hot guy like Tate, on a mission to find the missing sister of his longtime love interest Camila, throw in the pit of hell that Caracas, Venezuela is, and you’ve got yourself a suspenseful, graphic, but still sexy as shizzle story!

Pam Godwin releases these books in such a span of time my old lady brain is quite hazy as to the previous books’ plots. That being said, this series still should be read in order as though it’s a continuing timeline, with different focused characters, it’s very spoilerish for the past books. In fact, a buggy in the first two books, Mr Van Quiso, has a pretty darn big role in this here story. A man I loved to hate- here, I’ve really begun to thaw for him. And his Amber... So start at the beginning, folks and hold on for the ride!

But I digress...Devastate. Ahem.

Tate Vades is on a mission to find Camila’s abducted sister. He’s hired a guy who found her, alive, but in the thick of a compound in Caracas, Venezuela. A compound nestled around a city filled with drugs, human trafficking, crimes, and murder. Just walking the streets is a risk, much less breaking into Tiago Badell’s compound to rescue her. It’s a mission he plans to succeed in...for Camila...he just didn’t realize how much Lucia resembles her sister, his heart be damned.

Devastate is one of those books I found myself having a hard time putting down. I knew nothing good could come from Tate entering those city limits, I just couldn’t look away at the sh#tstorm that waited for him and Lucia. It’s also chock full of mystery where Lucia stands. She’s sick and it appears Badell is the only person with the antidote. Tiago Badell...her capture, her torturer. So can Tate get her out before it’s to late?

Sexy, dark, suspenseful, and mysterious, Pam Godwin always delivers a book that’ll push all my limits.

Profile Image for Michelle.
1,464 reviews122 followers
January 26, 2018
I'm in love with Tate.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

This book was so good. I 've been looking forward to this book since I read the last book. This series is really good. It is a dark read and does push my boundaries in parts. But the story is just so well written. Once I start the books I find it hard to put them down. And this book was no different.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Tate as had quite a hard life. He has had to deal with a lot. He has fought some of his past but there are still things that he can't get out of his head. Nearly being sold to a sex trafficker being abducted held against your well and being abused well have that effect on you. Things happened that he will never get over. But there was a woman that made it a lil easier. The only thing was she could never be his. She only had eyes for her love and Tate wasnt the guy. Which hurt but would do anything for her even putting his life in danger to find her missing sister.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Lucia had been through so much that she was just living life day to day. Her sister went missing years ago her parents died then she got abducted. So he life was not goin good. Lucia now lived with the most horrible man that lived. But she needed him he and there was nothing she could do about it. Until Tate came and made her want things she never thought she could have.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I really like these characters even after everything they have been through. They still see that bit of light at the end of the tunnel. They are so strong and willing to put there lives on the edge. Like I said I can't get enough of this series and now I m dying for the next books. The author really knows how to keep us hanging. I would highly recommend this series it just brilliant. I would recommend that you read the series in order. But you won't be disappointed it's a really good series every book just keeps getting better and better.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com
Profile Image for Timitra.
1,245 reviews
January 27, 2018
Rated 4.5 Stars

Devastate did just that, it devastated me in the best and worst ways possible. It was a gut-wrenching, heartbreaking, nail biting, page turning read that I quite enjoyed it even when it made me so ragey that I wanted to do some irreparable damage to a certain character. Devastate wasn't all dark, there were light hearted moments between Van and Tate that had me laughing out. Van doesn't know the meaning of the word boundaries.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and definitely recommend it to all lovers of dark romance. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Profile Image for Sky- A hopeless romantic girl :D.
304 reviews127 followers
February 8, 2018
MEH!!!

I can't belive, i am saying this but this was one big hell disappointment...

I really tried with this book!
I did! (nd like i always claim, i never ever force myself to finish a book)

But because i have been impressed with Godwin's past work i read this book till the end but i guess it was'nt meant to be.

I have read this writer's work and was expecting cruelty and non-safety as in her past books i have read them even enjoyed the book so, no those was not in factor why i did'nt liked this book..

To be real honest it was a bland read for me.

For me every good book has this point where they hold me with a vice grip and make me read them non-stop.

But in this book that point never came and i kept waiting for that boom and bells..

Moreover i was really disappointed with the couple.
Yup!
You read that right!

For me their love was not believable and swoony at all..

Infact the sacrifices H made for h would have been too sweet if it was'nt for the bland love they potrayed!

I mean H was claiming to be in love with h's sis through out the book but then sleeping with the h for 5 days and knowing her struggles he fell for her..

I felt it was more pity he was feeling.

Well! It could be its me not you case 😕

BUT
I really don't know !!

Guess i can't advice you guys on both account so be your own judge people!

Profile Image for Shabby  -BookBistroBlog.
1,402 reviews736 followers
February 6, 2018
How does a perfect love story start?
“It starts with you, a bottle of wine, and a Netflix subscription…”
Hold on to your seats and tighten the belts, it's a long & bumpy ride.
As much as I've LOVED previous 3 books,trust me,this book is even better !
Lucia Dias is now the person who's presumably dead , but Tate vows to find her and the journey will take you into the Most dangerous alley in the Kidnapping city of Venezuela

description
Pam has spared no expense in unearthing the nefarious existence of some of the vilest criminals in this impoverished country. Tiago Badell is the crime Lord who has surpassed Van Quiso in cruelty and Matias in absolute power. He rules his corner of the world ruthlessly and cunningly. His weapon of choice- Scarification!!!
I was racing through the story, it is as fast paced and stunning as The Fast & The Furious movies. Lots of action, lots of drama happening , heart pounding, pulse racing madness all around, it's a virtual Minefield of emotions. Right in the center are Tate and Lucia.
The story of suicidal lovers. A gate carved into skin. They found each other in tragedy. A silent, unified heartbeat in the midst of devastation.
I tell ya....this story will stop your heart and jumpstart it back on ......several times.
Tenacity of human spirit soaked in love, at its finest !!
There's intense love in here. sizzling hot passion igniting the pages, and some scenes that'll slay you outright. Cannot wait to read more!!
A 5 star pot boiler
March 3, 2019
description"/description"/description"/description"/

description"/

description"/

not for the romance since there really wasn’t any. H claimed his love for h’s sister throughout the story and then BOOM he suddenly love’s the h after 5 days of sex.

The rest was good…. especially since we got plenty more of Van. description"/

That said…I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series, TAKE.
Profile Image for Beverly.
1,005 reviews801 followers
February 7, 2018
Holy cow, I swear Pam can deliver angst, pain and love in such a way you can't wait to turn the page!

This series begins with one of the first dark books I read and I remember being blown away when I finished Deliver. With Devastate I knew Pam would deliver a story that hurt, but was so addictive I would immediately be hooked and she did.

This is Tate's story and it starts with him basically going on a suicide mission to find his best friend's sister, Lucia. Things take a detour when he finally sees Lucia and realizes things are much more involved. He didn't predict how bad things would be or dangerous and he definitely didn't expect how much he would be drawn to Lucia.

I won't spoil anything, because honestly I loved the plot and how I didn't predict the outcome. I mean I had a hunch, but it was nowhere near as evolved as this story. I love it intrigued me and kept me guessing at least in the beginning, because by the time I got to the middle I was on hooked for a whole other reason. I wanted more and needed to know how my dream outcome could possibly happen when Pam had crafted a world with such an insurmountable obstacles.

This book is dark, like the series, but if you love dark reads this series and book is a must!
Profile Image for Myla.
608 reviews101 followers
February 6, 2018

Devastate undoubtedly my favorite book, to date, of the Deliver series it’s beautifully twisted right from the start. Pam Godwin wrote one hell of a dark romance, that will challenge your mind and heart to see if you can take it all. It's heartrending how much a person can endure to protect the people they love. And in this book, I found the most sinister character I've read so far and I'm not talking about Van.

I greatly enjoyed Tate and Lucia's story. A real page-turner! I highly recommend this book/series to anyone who's into this kind of books.

***ARC provided by the author for an a honest review.
Profile Image for ❤️ Nanda ❤️.
646 reviews294 followers
January 6, 2022
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

This book was a crazy ride!
Tate's journey to find Lucia ain't for the faint of heart!

The insta love usually bug me, but it worked just fine here, seeing as both Tate and Lucia, were in need of some love and care.

Van helped Tate on his crusade and it wasn't easy for him either... Tiago can be brutal and he was one Ruthless savage villain! There's some pretty dark scenes on this one and it was hard!

The sex is always amazing and intense in this series and i loved they're connection.

Since the whole series is about villain's redemption, I'm really curious as to how will Tiago find his!

Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19
Displaying 1 - 30 of 291 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.