Start by marking “Hellish (Dragons, #4; The Hell Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hellish (Dragons, #4; The Hell Chronicles, #1)

Hellish

(The Hell Chronicles #1)

She's the ruler of Hel. She shouldn't need anyone until a curse forces her to look for him.

Lady Hel, the ruler of Helheim, is cursed for disobeying Odin's order. Stripped of her position, she’s imprisoned in Midgard on an ostentatious estate until she is able to find love.

Unfortunately, Lady Hel has never had luck or use for love.

Harley Andersen is a seven-year college
Published November 6th 2017 (first published August 21st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Hellish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hellish

Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
The concept was interesting but the story itself didn’t catch me. It was hard to really connect with the characters and their relationship it just felt rushed and awkward at times.
Carol Brandon
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An irreverent look at Norse mythology; a different view of the Lady Hel, goddess of death – she , is imprisoned by Odin in the human realm till she finds someone to love her. She gives up ….. it’s highly overrated … but will Harley, the college student, be the one? This was a fun book. However there was a slightly specific sex scene, which I didn’t think needed to be there. I received a free copy of this book; this is my honest review.
Seraphia
Welcome to Hel. Lady Hel to be precise. She’s never had any need for love. She rules Hel…that is until a curse forces her to leave her realm and find her one true love. Lady Hel is not unhappy about her situation, but she has only herself to blame. The gods intervened where she chose to interfere and now she must pay the price. However long it takes for the task to be accomplished.
Hellish (The Hell Chronicles) is book one in this new series by Tina Glasneck. In this book, we are introduced to L
Kanyon
I enjoyed this book, it was short and sweet and a fun read. Hellish is the first book in the Hell Chronicles but also connects to the Dragon’s series. Lady Hel is the main character and she finds herself banished to Earth where she must stay until she finds true love. She finds this an impossible task and has just about given up hope until a college student stumbles onto her property on a dare. When Hel offers him an enticing future with her, Harley wonders if there is more to Lady Hel than meet ...more
Lauren
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was awful. I am a huge fan of Norse myth and I had high hopes for a book that focused on someone other than Thor or Loki. However, this book was extremely disappointing. As I read through the other reviews on here I am left confused and in awe.

The relationship between Lady Hel and Harley was rushed and unrealistic. She meets him and they are both instantly in love? It gives no background information as to why they both felt so strongly about each other. Additionally I person
Tanya
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book that probably could have been great if more depth had been included. It reads more like a prequel (and in fact I think is) rather than a Book One of series. Without having read the others, I can't say for sure, but I'm under the impression that I would have enjoyed this more had I read later books in the series first and then come back to this one for a "Ohh, so this is how they met." moment.

With that said, once I figured out what was going on, I enjoyed this. The story did
*Flora*
A Quick Enjoyable Novella.

I enjoyed this novella, it was good. I haven't read Ms Glasneck's Dragon series and don't think that it's a requirement to enjoy this story. Having said that, l'm sure existing fans will have picked up on references and subtleties that I missed.

The pace is fast and the plot moves on quickly (in fact, I felt it jumped too much at times) and though I would have enjoyed a more leisurely pace to get to know Lady Hel, Harley and the other characters more and pad out the plot
Kristen Lewendon
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew, from the very first Dragon book, that Lady Hel was going to be an interesting character. This book has proved it beyond a shadow of doubt. Her missing lost love is equally fascinating. And the hoops they make each other jump through in order to validate their feelings were quite entertaining. There is such a wealth of detail and a reverence for the myths and legends that have gone into the writing of this story, that my hair stood on end. I have always considered this to be a sign that I ...more
Destiny Bridwell
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this for a fair and honest review. I have always had a love for mythology and stories of the ancient world. This book is to set the stage for the story to come. Harley is a college student who is a little lost on his path to find where he fits in and what his future holds. That is when he crosses path with Helena better known to him as Lady Hel. They seems to butt heads at every turn. Will Harley be able to break through where others have failed? You will have to read it for ...more
Carole
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: norse-mythology
The author really immerses you in Norse Mythology.
We get introduced to Lady Hel who has been cursed and thrown out of Asgard and
is sent to earth to live until she discovers love.
The Norse mythology is explained in detail and we are introduced to different
characters, including Thor, Odin, Freya etc.
It also explains about dragons, elves and the different gods and giants.
Overall this is a really interesting read and I look forward to reading the
rest of the series.
Mysty Sinclair
I think the book had a good idea but I personally was confused through the first half of the book. I knew that Hel was looking for a new guy but I didn't think that she would be looking for her reincarnated lover/mate. The story is alright but had too many missing details and too many unnecessary details. Some parts of the story didn't make sense and some of the parts were in there just for the hell of it. No pun intended.
Angela James
Ell written but left me feeling just meh...

3 Stars. This was a super quick short read with a fast pace. It's well written but I was a bit underwhelmed if I'm being completely honest. I did enjoy it but it felt to me like it was missing the "Umph" to stand out against all the other books I've read in this genre and left me feeling just meh. I'm sorry I couldn't give a better review.
Sally Hannoush
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great start to the series or can even be read as a stand alone. There is nothing like a bit of magic- both mortal and immortal. It was a quick read and read well. It was an intense love story with a time travel element. A great entertaining fantasy. All the Gods teaching a lesson by "punishing" a Goddess. There was some humor that made this read on the lighter side tat I enjoyed. A trip to Walmart in a book is always fun!
Raina Collins
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast read with a few Viking gods and goddesses. Can a cursed goddess fight the love of her life to end the curse? This one story I’m not sure how to explain. There is some hotness, some romance and Viking lore. I enjoyed how different the story is and am ready to read more. If you like Viking mythology mixed with some present day , then you will enjoy this romance.

Tera Comer
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is the fourth book in the Dragon's series and focuses on Lady Hel who is the ruler of Helheim. After being cursed for disobeying Odin we get to get to know Lady Hel a little better. I really enjoyed getting to see the more softer side of Lady Hel and hope that we get to see her and Harley more in the future. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Richard E.
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HEL earthbound

The Norse goddess HEL has been exiled to Earth from Helheim until she can experience true love. She has an estate, glamoured servants and a nearby college where she can pick and choose males while she searches for 'the One'. Into her exile comes a college student named Harley, who has spent 7 years dodging a four year college degree. And "ACTION!"
KelticKat
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 599-under, ebook2buy
2nd Chance at love?

Should the Queen of Hell get a second chance at love?

I enjoyed this story that is tied Ms Glasneck’s “Dragon’s” series. In keeping with most things - no one is really truly good or evil - and proof of this - in this story the queen of Hell herself, Lady Hel gets a chance to find love again, even though it is in the form of a curse.
Fawn Michaels
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story! It was my first read from Tina Glasneck and it most certainly won't be the last! The chemistry between Harley and Hel was written superbly. Hel is a strong woman who can be made into putty at the hands of her beloved all in the same! I can't wait to read more!

I voluntarily agreed to read this book and this is my honest review!
Donna
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hellish is a combination of Norse mythology, magic, romance with time travel and humor thrown in. The story line is interesting and I liked both Lady Hel and Harley. This is an easy read and am looking forward to the next in series.
Michelle VanDaley
Lady Hel is the type of female lead I love - Kick butt, sassy, take no crap but severely flawed.Hellish is book 1 and does a great job of laying the groundwork and backgroud for the series. It is fast paced and captivating and I am excited for Book 2
Angie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting start to the series!
Elisa
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great quick read, it was like a flight through time with loads of fun along the way I loved reading more from Hel.
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Fun read!!!!

This one is a fun read!!! Makes me want to have a very long reading session and read every one of This Glasnevk's books. Very well worth reading.
Chase
Jan 03, 2018
Jamie Hancock
rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2018
TINA GLASNECK can't imagine a world without books. Her works have been classified in several genres, including mystery, suspense, fantasy and paranormal romance, and new adult.Yet for Tina, it is all about the characters and their journeys.

An avid reader with a love of traveling, meeting new people and exploring her world, her interest in law, religion, history, fantasy, and dragons, made writing

The Hell Chronicles (6 books)
  • Hellbent (The Hell Chronicles, #2)
  • Helltown (The Hell Chronicles, #3)
  • Hunting the Undead (The Hell Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Hellbound (The Hell Chronicles, #4)
  • Hellraiser (The Hell Chronicles, #5)