Start by marking “Divine Magic: The Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation” as Want to Read:
Divine Magic: The Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation

Divine Magic: The Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation

You have natural magical abilities that can elevate your life to a whole new level, as well as heal and help your loved ones and clients. The original teacher of this Divine magic was an Egyptian sage named Hermes Trismegistus. His teachings, called “Hermetics,” were only taught verbally or in very cryptic writings. In 1908, three Hermetic students wrote these teachings in ...more
Published July 15th 2006 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Divine Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine Magic

Deirdre
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is in the grand tradition of The Secret. Positive thinking will make your life all better and you will have everything you want. I have a lot of problems with this sort of thinking and with some of the concepts in here.

Two of the principles I have the most problems with are The Principle of Polarity and the Principle of Gender. Among other things these are basically dualism, while she explains polarity with some examples that are more circular than linear, I also have a problem with assign
Lisa Morris
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Divine Magic is a wonderful up to date, easily understandable version of The Kybalion ~ The Seven Hermetic/Thoth Principles of All & gives a greater understanding of our True Path in Life & how to balance yourself for manifestation of True Self ~ Turn on That Heart Centered Awareness & Shine back into All ~ Namaste~*
Vicky
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A pretty interesting look at the laws of the Universe and how to work with them, rather than against them.

I've seen some other reviews of this book which complain about this law of attraction stuff being rubbish. If you think it's rubbish, why are you reading books about it? This book is quite obviously about how to use the laws of the universe along with changing your own thoughts to make changes in your life. If that's not your thing, go read something else.

I actually really liked this book.
Krystal
Wow. This is certainly another must-read for those spiritually-minded! It presents the ancient teachings of Hermes in a scientific way that easily pleases those of us who believe the unexplained is simply undiscovered by science as yet. There are going to be plenty of skeptics that this will be a tough read for but for those who are more open-minded this has a lot of helpful information about controlling your thoughts and taking control of your own happiness. I love how it's been broken down but ...more
Tamara
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! I listen to the CD while I am driving, and am able to retain the information much better than if I had read the book. This book has condensed the more complicated version of "The Kybalion" into a work that is easier to understand and teach. Great book; highly recommend it. Tamara :)
Autumn (Triquetra Reviews)
Read for school. Honestly I don't have an opinion one way or another.

The topics/laws were fascinating to read/learn about, but didn't completely resonate with me. I can see how some might value this though.
L
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Majority of this book is excerpts from the actual Kybalion and I didn't find her interpretations to add a lot of additional insight or value. The concepts of Kybalion deserves 5 stars and I recommend you to pick up a copy.
Jessy Masse
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic info from hermeneutic principles8 clear and loving
Rachael
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
I gave it two stars because I support thinking from the end, which is basically what this is about to put it very simply. I only happened across this book, so I read it quickly between books hoping it would offer me something to help me through a difficult experience. I don't know what it was but I couldn't shake the strange bad feeling I got every time I picked up this book. I also read Ask And It Is Given immediately following this one. Both books might be wonderful for the right person at the ...more
Gregg Seeley
Dec 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A very inciteful book. One that has to be read atleast twice to understand how to utilize the methods of Hermetics. An open mind is needed and a willingness to utilize the visualization part of the mind. After that, it is pure magic and delightful occurences happen making the proven methods true over and over again. It is book which requires patience and practice of using the hermetic system, however, once it is learned and practice, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Karen
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Doreen has used her wisdom and writing skills to make the Hermetic information understandable to any layperson. I consistently refer back to the book and gain new understanding each time I re-read specific sections. Her lever chart for polarity is especially helpful in changing attitudes quickly. Highly recommend!
Satia
Sep 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
For those who like New Thought and/or Law of Attraction teachings then this book will be a winner. For anyone else, read my review if you like:

Heather
Jun 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Gives an easy-to-understand overview of 7 Hermetic principles that we can apply to our daily living. Will help you gain insight & perspective into ways you can better your life, by raising your thoughts to a higher, positive level. Also comes with a free cd you can listen to with the same info.
Terrie
Aug 19, 2008 rated it liked it
a good presentation of ancient teachings - more scientifically worded/presented true to the Hermetic teachings - easy exercises to utilize - CD comes w/book - haven't listened to it yet - sure I will enjoy
DreamPacker
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
I usually like Doreen Virtue, but this one was a little too "deep" and abstract.
Janelle
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: spirit-esoteric
By the time I read this I had read quite a bit of Doreen Virtue books and I was getting overly saturated with the same message delivered in only slighly varying ways.
Kelly Fields
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very informative, I'm going to read it again.
Mrs J M Broomhall
Fabulous

Very good book and really does get your mind working differently. Highly effective and useful. Definitely a must to read.
Ingrid
Jul 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Really deep book. Intriguing, interesting. An excelent mentalism powerbook.
Sandra
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
The cd that comes with this books is great.
Leisl
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Excellent introduction to hermetics.
Joanne Lecuyer
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring book that can help us mortals understand the flow of energy to manifest what we want.
Kris
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Manifesting.
Lisa Sudo
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Overall, I think it was a good read. She did a decent job of taking a more complex and sometimes confusing text and making it concise and much easier to follow and comprehend.

Bernadette Romero
Understanding the essence of All

This was a quick simple book that put into perspective who we are and how we interact with our mental functioning universe to master our lives.
miss emma louise davies
  • Secrets of the Monarch: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Living a Better Life
  • Secret Societies...and How They Affect Our Lives Today
  • By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism
  • Tarot Made Easy
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012: The Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light
  • Wicca Craft: The Modern Witches Book of Herbs, Magick and Dreams
  • Priestess of the Forest (Druid #1)
  • Divine by Nature: Spiritual Messages from the Planet's Natural Elements
  • Saint Germain on Alchemy: Formulas for Self-Transformation
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • Silver's Spells for Protection
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide
  • Earth Magic: Sacred Rituals for Connecting to Nature's Power
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
Doreen Virtue is a fourth-generation metaphysician and clairvoyant doctor of psychology. Doreen is the author of numerous best-selling books and products, including Assertiveness for Earth Angels, and Healing With the Angels book and cards.

She's been featured on Oprah, CNN, Good Morning America, and in newspapers and magazines worldwide including her weekly column in Woman's World magazine called
“The higher spiritual planes vibrate the fastest, and the lower material planes vibrate the slowest (which is why matter appears dense and solid).” 1 likes