Start by marking “Gummy Bears & Grenades (THIRDS, #9.5)” as Want to Read:
Gummy Bears & Grenades (THIRDS, #9.5)

Gummy Bears & Grenades

(THIRDS #9.5)

THIRDS agent Dexter J. Daley can’t wait to marry his fiancé, Team Leader Sloane Brodie, but first he’s looking forward to celebrating his bachelor party—which he intends to be a shenanigans-free evening of getting his groove on with family and friends.

Of course events don’t work out as planned, but for Dex that’s nothing new. One thing is for sure, dodging drug dealers and
Published October 4th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Gummy Bears & Grenades, please sign up.
⚣Michaelle⚣ It's the same model as on book 7 & 8, only he's smiling in this cover rather than looking all smoldering/sexy.…moreIt's the same model as on book 7 & 8, only he's smiling in this cover rather than looking all smoldering/sexy.(less)

Start your review of Gummy Bears & Grenades (THIRDS, #9.5)
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 12.06.2019
It's still a cute novella, short and still full of action, however, the two things that bothers me still is: Dex and Sloane were apart for most of the book and it doesn't feel right that Wolf is better than Sloane. It just doesn't. On to the last re-read of the series.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Soon To Be Husbands*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

First read review:
Okay, though this book isn't exactly necessary in the series as a whole, it was still an alright read where you get to see more bonding time between the
Meags
4.5 Stars

Love, love, love, love!!!!

That was a pure burst of awesome in an otherwise exhausting and dreary week. God bless Cochet with her endless ability to bring pure joy into my life with every single extension of this epic series.

Here, we get a night in the life of Dex and Sloane, mainly chronicling Dex’s (mis)adventures as he is treated to the night of his life by his friends and family as they take him out on the town for his much anticipated bachelor party.

The gang are ALL present and acc
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

By now, unless something seriously makes Cochet vastly deviate from her surefire formula, this series most likely will not be getting anything less than a 4 from me. This was certainly no different.

As always, what I love most is the group dynamic plus the awesomely possessive claiming proprietary love that has blossomed, and only grown stronger, between Dex and Sloane. When you get all of these shifters and humans together, anything less than absolute fun fuckery is just not gonna happen
Barbara➰
It’s so funny what Dex can get himself into even at his bachelor party. Man, I sure do hope Wolf gets a book. I do love a good anti-hero.
Wendy
Flip a Page: My First Book Review -- Wonder by RJ Palacio

I have read and loved every single book in this "Thirds" series and that includes all the novella's. Now this may be another shorty, but just like the others, that doesn't make it any less awesome !! I for one laughed my ass off :P

Sloane and Dex are among my top favorite MM couples and  think they always will be ;) They have come a long way since book 1 and things haven't always been easy for them. They did it though and now that they are about to tie the knot...it's bachelor party time !!

tumblr_nzck1pGgiY1ujw9rmo1_500.gif (500×296)

To be
Jaime
Gummy Bears & Grenades is a perfect little novella that celebrates Dex & Sloane's bachelor parties and upcoming marraige. If you are a fan of the THIRDS series and universe then you will undoubtedly highly enjoy this little treat! I loved the little glimpses of all our favorite couples, and of course, watching Dexter & Sloane battle for dominance in some of the most creative ways! Who ever said Apex Predators weren't soft, cuddly, and prone to bouts of loud purring, obviously never met our two f ...more
BWT (Belen)

I'm so glad this came out on audio!

I absolutely love Mark Westfield's narration of this series and was so happy Dreamspinner Press decided to release an audio for this fun, funny, sexy, and action packed novella. This hit all the right notes. I loved the dual POV, getting to see Sloane spend one on one time with Tony, and all the bachelor party shenanigans that were so typical of Dex - and everything is terrifically narrated by Westfield.

I had a great time listening to this and am looking even
Bev
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing better than jumping on board the Dex crazy train. Gotta love a bit of Dex being ..... pure Dex!

Book 9.5 and I'm still loving this series.
Simone
"Why do things always get weird with you guys?"
Ash pointed to Dex. "That's why."

Exactly! And I thought I knew what I was getting into... sort of.

I'm a THIRDS fan of the first hour and this series is, was and always will be one of my favorites. I never gave a book less than four stars and even if three stars is far from being a bad rating, it almost physically hurt when I clicked on the third star.

After my last book(s) I wanted - needed - somethi
Karen
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's a party going on here...

'Gummy Bears & Grenades' is a brief interlude from the danger that is the life of the members of THIRDS...or it's suppose to be.

It's time for Dex's bachelor party and what a party it's going to be. I'm totally a THIRDS addict so of course reading this one was a no brainer. I dove into this one without hesitation and I loved if from start to finish. It was fun and funny and just so Dex.

As Dex and Sloane's big day draws closer the inevitable pre-wedding event
Trio
4 stars for the story, 5 stars for the audiobook

Tucked in between Darkest Hour Before Dawn and Tried & True, Gummy Bears & Grenades is a nice little angst-free present from Charlie Cochet to THIRDS fans. The timing on this one is perfect coming right when we need it the most, and just like the rest of this series these books must be read in order.

Gummy Bears & Grenades is three and a half hours of hilarious! Mark Westfield is at his all time funniest narrating this one, and it was a pleasure to
Richard Derus
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4* of five

This THIRDS novella is not for the heterosexual male. In fact, you are strongly cautioned not to pick up any of these books for fear that the gay will prove infectious because Brother Man these books are So. Mother. Fuckin. QUEER!

Yep. Your DNA will be reprogrammed and you'll be staring at guys' packages with more than mild curiosity and I shudder to think of the scenes at the gym and the SHOWER! Oh dear.

For the rest of us, this here's the story of Dex's bachelor party and, sinc
Chris
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a super cute Bachelor Party novella. Dex & Sloane are such a smokin combo, funny, romantic and hot ! I loved that all the friends & family were involved in this event and of course drama occurs because it always follows Dex. My only issue was it went WAY too fast ! Can't wait for the next full book ❤️ ...more
~Volha~
Another winner from Ms Cochet. This was a short novella featuring most of the characters from the THIRDS series, many steamy moments between Dex and Sloane *fans herself furiously* and plenty hilarious situations that had me in stitches. But as always with guys from Destructive Delta, besides having the time of their lives they managed to kick a$$ and take names all in one night! A marvelous addition to series!
Vanna
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars! for this short novella. It does not really advance the story or any of the plot-lines but is fun to read. The entire team is there so there's plenty of humor and little action on the side. It's medium on the hotness scale but the one interlude is pretty sizzling hot.
Fabi
That was so much fun. 💖
Janie
This is a cute little novella consisting of the night of Dex’s bachelor party. There are so many funny moments, of course there is because this is Dex we’re talking about.
Viv
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hoopla
I'm still scratching my head of why Dex gets a bachelor party, but Sloane doesn't. Made no sense to me! This was a little over the top for me, but still enjoyable.
Joyfully Jay
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Gummy Bears & Grenades is a cute novella that fits into the THIRDS world between Darkest Hour Before Dawn and the upcoming Tried & True. Although the story does touch on a few key series threads, like a reappearance of Wolf, the big picture and overarching story arc of the series aren’t really in play here. This is a chance to catch up with all the guys, hang out with Dex, Sloane, and a host of side characters, and watch them have fun and get into crazy adventures.
Jewel
Dex is having a bachelor party! What could possibly go wrong, right? Right?! Fortunately for us, Dexter J. Daley doesn't know the meaning of "low-key".

Gummy Bears & Grenades is a fun, low-angst short that is high on the cheese and shenanigans and even a touch of excitement!

The series plot isn't really advanced. In fact, the author has stated that you don't need to read Gummy Bears & Grenades prior to the next major novel in the series, so just a bit of cheesy, sappy fun, here. With gummy bears
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I can't believe I read another Sex & Dlonae story. Yeah, that's how I refer to them. I keep saying I'm going to stay away because its so much stuff happening that I can't keep up at times. Well obviously, I didn't keep my word and read it right away. I liked it enough. It had its funny moments, it had its smexy time moments big time, and about time I saw Austen & Zachary!!! I'm waiting on their story. It doesn't seem to be coming fast enough. Dex is his usual annoying self, and Sloane h
Eugenia
4.5 Stars

I missed Dex and Sloane after the last few novels concentrated on other team members. So I was tickled pink, yes pink, when this adorable short story came out focusing on Dex and his bachelor party. A party that starts out well, but soon disintegrates into a mass of kidnappers, gummy bear drug dealers, grenades, and flirty assassins.

Fun to read with great pacing. I’m now actually looking forward to reading the last book in the series.
Nazanin ex-Profile
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dex is wonderfully ridiculous! 😅 That last part with Wolf was GOLD. Wolf seems so sure of himself when it comes to Dex, I wonder if anything will truly happen Huhuu. (Wolf's future book is the only one with only his name as the title. It's making me way too curious!)
I also wonder how Austen will finally open up to Zach. SO many lovely COUPLES. *SIGH*
JR
Well this reader has come to expect antics galore with Dex, and his bachelor party is no exception to that rule. It's a fun evening, but my favorite had to be Tony and Sloane bonding while Dex and crew partied on. Wolf's cameo made it even better.

What a blast to read!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

There’s a lot of fun to be had with this novella set in the THIRDS series. If you’re new to the series, then you probably don’t want to start with this one. While this little nugget is just as hilarious as one of the full length books, the events in this book are really just for the fans who want a taste of the boys again. In this novella, readers will be hit with something big, so be prepared because once you throw a party with these boys, there’s bound to be trouble. Worse is the fact tha
Bev
Perfect catch-up with Dex, Sloane and the guys. Wolf makes another sneaky appearance, and there's the bonus of chapter 1 of Tried & True at the end. I suspect life is about to get considerably more complicated and dangerous for everyone involved with Destructive Delta and the Thirds. 😕 ...more
Natalia
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-read February 2020
_____________
Re-read November 2018
Cory
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun little read about Dex's bachelor party. Of course, Dex can't go a whole night without getting into trouble lol
Jill
Alex
I LOVE Dex.
Like everyone, this man-child took over my heart and whatever the story, if he's in it... I'm in!!
And this little story was just the happy feels I needed to end this weekend...

description

I laughed A LOT. the banter between all the characters was adorable, the drunk behaviors were priceless.
It was light, it was fun and it was full of characters I just love in a world I really, really like.

I want more of THIRDS and specifically, I want Austen & Zach story....

description

• Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Long Shadow (Hamarsson and Dempsey, #2)
  • Zero Divergence (Zero Hour, #3)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Bulletproof (Out for Justice, #5)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Bringing It Home (Code of Honor, #3)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • Who We Truly Are (Enhanced, #2)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

THIRDS (10 books)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS #2)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS #4)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS, #5)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Thick & Thin (THIRDS, #8)
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS #10)

News & Interviews