Start by marking “Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)” as Want to Read:
Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)

Tried & True

(THIRDS #10)

When THIRDS agent Dexter J. Daley met Team Leader Sloane Brodie, he couldn’t have imagined how slamming into his new partner—literally—would shake both their worlds. Now four years later, they’ve faced dangers, fought battles both personal and professional… and fallen deeply in love. Now their big moment is finally in sight, and they’re ready to stand up together and make ...more
Published November 24th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

Start your review of Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Second re-read: 11.03.2020
Still so sad to say goodbye to THIRDS. I know we'll get more of Dex and Sloane and that's the only comfort I got right now. That being said, there's still so much that bothers me with this book, but oh well. As I'm still struggling with focusing, plus migraine, I skimmed a bit.

Re-read: 13.06.2019
This was the last re-read of the series... I won't lie and say I didn't get teary, because I did. It's like a chapter is over. I'm really looking forward to TIN series b
Wendy
Positive Reviews Increase Revenue

I absolutely loved every single book in this series which is quite the feat, since there are 10 already !! As far as I am concerned, I could do with 10 more ;)

I have gotten to know all the characters in this series so well... they feel like family to me now !! A family, that I have come to love a whole lot !!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor we are family gif

Now Sloane and Dex...they will always have a spot in on my "All Time Favorite Couples" list. They earned it fair and square !! They have been through so much together and they are still stan
Meags
4.5 Stars

This was everything I wanted and have come to expect from a THIRDS story.

I laughed and I cried (an embarrassing amount). I was on the edge of my seat for most of this read, because this one, my friends, was action-packed to the gills and full of high stakes drama – more so than in any of the stories that have come before in this epic series.

All the action and intensity was brilliantly balanced out with countless touching moments of love, sex, friendship and family. In my humble opinio
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars!!

Yep. I’m a broken record.

Cochet continues to make this creation into something that I know I’ll rub my hands together gleefully when I hear a new book is on the horizon. There really isn’t a series out there that can cause me to go from bursting out into laughter, to making me swoon, to shedding a tear or a hundred, all in one scene. This latest installment was no different, strongly emphasizing the importance of family, to rely on those you hold dear and trust them to be by your sid
Bev
What a way to end a series! I've loved the journey of Dex and Sloan getting to their happy and meeting so many fabulous characters along the way.

I'm going to miss this bunch of blokes 💞

Diana
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

As much as I want to say this was a solid 5 star read, I had a few niggles with it. I really, and I mean really, struggled. The beginning and very end dragged, and dare I say, too much fluff. Plus the name dumping drove me nuts. I didn’t t remember who half the people mentioned were, but I guess it was necessary to gear up to the main event. There was still plenty of action, and a few unexpected reveals that caught me by surprise.

I am a little sad to say to goodbye to this series, even
haletostilinski
Dex and Sloane.

description

These two are a couple for the ages.

description

They've been through hell and back again with each other. They fought and fought for their love over and over, and never let the other give up, and they continued that in this novel.

description

We're finally here, guys. We finally got to the book about their wedding. And in true THIRDS fashion, it wasn't all sunshine and daises leading up to the big event.

Nah, first Dex and Sloane and friends had to deal with a little more shit being rained down on them.
Jewel
Tried & True is the last novel in the THIRDS series before it spins off into the new TIN series. That makes things a touch bittersweet, for me, since I'm still not sure about sending Destructive Delta to TIN. TIN strikes me as an organization that's more "the ends justify the means", to me, and well...I hate to see this very beloved team get sent down that road. But we'll see how it goes. I fully intend to give the new series a chance.

In Tried & True, Sloane and Dex are finally getting ready fo
Janie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great ending to an amazing series. I wish there had been an epilogue into their future though. I know there’s going to be a spin-off series (I believe), so maybe we’ll see more of these two.

I so adore this group of friends that have become a family. They are all so loyal and true to each other. If one is in trouble, they’re all in trouble. This is a series I could definitely see myself rereading in the future.
BWT (Belen)
4.5 Stars

Wow! What an incredible roller coaster of emotions!

Do not for even one second doubt that Tried & True is absolutely a love letter from Charlie Cochet to her THIRDS fans family.

The countdown to Sloane and Dex's lavish Long Island wedding is on...they just have to get through some pretty hairy life threatening situations first. The action is this is thick and there are some definitely gasp!worthy moments.

It's not all action though. Told from both Sloane and Dex's points of view there are
Barbara➰
Okay, I'm going to admit right now...I cried a few times reading this book. Sometimes it was happy tears..OMG the wedding! And sometimes it was sad tears...Poor Dex missing his parents. But it definitely rung the emotions out of me.

This was great ending to this series. I hope we will get to see more of Dex and Sloane in the spin-off series because, I mean, DEX. I freaking love him. He's one of my favorite mc's of all-time.

And can I just say, I NEED Wolf's book now! I can't wait to see who that m
Vanna
4 stars!! Phew! I'm finally done with the series!! 👍 This book was a long one but a page turner. From the very beginning it had nail-biting suspense and action. It delivered quite fabulously a deserving end to the THIRDS series with an HEA for the main MCs, HFN for the supporting characters and a hint at a new beginning for everyone.
It is hard to review this book without giving away major spoilers, therefore I won't review the story per se, but this book had it all.. action, humor, sizzling rom
Debra
Originally reviewed at Sinfully.

Not much can be said about the story without spoiling it. Tried & True is the last official novel in the THIRDS series and paves the way for the new TIN books. It felt more like a transition than an ending, which is a good thing. With just days before Dex and Sloane are going to tie the knot, there is plenty that can go wrong, and go wrong it does. Come on, Dex is a trouble magnet so it should be no surprise to anyone that the wedding and everyone’s lives
Bitchie
This was a decent end to this particular arc of this series, and I think, for me, it's probably the end of the series altogether.

I loved how this series began. The action, the world building, all the alpha males and testosterone in the air, the sheer fun that was Dexter J Daley. I loved it. But alas, all good things come to an end, or at least for me, personally, they just slowly peter out. As the series continued, and Dex and Sloane got together, things started to change for me. Too many sappy
~Volha~
Ah, I am feeling sentimental now. This is the last time I am writing about Dex and Sloane. They've come so far both personally and professionally. The series has spun the period of four years where every character turned from surly and angry into better and happier versions of themselves. The book ended exactly how I expected and wanted it to. There was a curious balance of romantic mushiness (Ash was a bit scary in the happy nice mode) and fierce fighting for their lives. But it's all or nothin ...more
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
“Thank you for all your patience, for your smile, for taking a chance on a guy who thought he was too broken to ever know what real happiness looked like.”
"And now you know what it looks like?"
Sloane smiled. "Yeah. Looks like you."

The final installment of the THIRDS series opens with a bang, so to speak, in the form of smoking hot shower sex. Dex and Sloane are hotter than ever here. Really and truly. And while it was delicious in its own right, it also balanced the sugary sweetness. Although my
Fabi
4.5 stars but I'm rounding up because this was a pretty perfect ending to the series.
Trio
my review of the audio edition is here
I didn’t expect to be so moved reading a THIRDS novel, but Charlie Cochet really pulls out all the stops in Tried & True. Talk about the highs and lows, just a heads’ up: she delivers a doozy in this tenth release in the series and a follow up to Darkest Hour Before Dawn. Read them in order, please!

Saying goodbye to Destructive Delta is as hard as you’d think for Dex and Sloane. As fate would have it they’ve got one last mission, and the whole team bands to
Jenni Lea
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Now that is how you end a series!

With each book, the story just got better and better. I fell in love with these characters somewhere along the way and now I don't want to let them go.

Job well done!
James Cox
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the end of the series! Which sucks because it's been an awesome ride. This book really brought it to a fantastic closure.
Trio
Fans of Dex and Sloane will love Tried & True, the tenth novel in Charlie Cochet’s THIRDS series. The buildup to their wedding has been coming for a long time and nobody deserves a happily ever after more than these two. As Shakespeare once said, ”’The course of true love never did run smooth,’”…especially for these guys. This episode is filled with all the fast moving action we love from this series, not to mention, heck yeah, it’s Dex and Sloane! So gear up for one last adventure before our fa ...more
Bev
reviewing audio books

A nice way to finish off the series...I particularly love the way Wolf and Hudson bitch at each other, and their British accents were spot on this time. I do think Mark has a fairly monotonous voice for his storytelling though, and I'm positive that Cael's 'voice' was different this time around but my rating will stay the same.

***Book Review***

photo Destructive-Delta-Logo_zpsklbnzi5p.png

photo hearts3_zpsff11dc65.jpg

4.5 stars from me. Laughter and tears for this one...plenty of laughter it has to be said, Charlie certainly outdid herself but I have deducted
Joyfully Jay
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jay
Updated for audiobook review
Read Kris’ audio review in its entirety here.

A Joyfully Jay review.

It is no secret that I am an enormous fan of the THIRDS series. I think Cochet has created something incredibly special here and I have loved reading about Dex and Sloane and their extended THIRDS family. I have been reading in this genre a long time, and I can honestly say there are few series that have made such a huge impact on readers and garnered such devoted fans the way THIRDS has don
Santy
First off, the audio was...not good.I wish there was another way to put it, but all I can come up with was not good. The narrator sounded like the male version of Siri. He was all mechanical/monotonous, but kept raising his tone at the end of every sentence for some unknown reason.

When he did the voices of Dex and Sloane it became more bearable but for the other portions, the monotonous, mechanical voice was still present.This was the first audio book I've ever DNF'd (I did so after the 2nd chap
Eugenia
4.5 Stars. Great way to end the series! I enjoyed having Dex and Sloane being the focus couple again. I know many think of him as an annoying, giant, man-child, but I like him.

I wish the perp/mole in this one hadn’t been so easy to figure out. It was presented on a silver platter and shoved under my nose. Still, I enjoyed seeing the team work together, and even more facets of Dex’s hybridization come to light.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing these guys as TIN operatives and how that dynam
Melissa
I don't know what to say. I enjoyed the first few books in the series more. At this point everything that happened became too outlandish and unbelievable. Yes it's paranormal fiction, but even that genre has a breaking point. I liked seeing Dex and Sloane again, and Cael who is too totally adorbs for words. I enjoyed the ride but think it would have been better to stop the series sooner so it ended on a higher note, at least for me.
Karen
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down to 4 stars because still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

There's never a dull moment in the lives of Destructive Delta...

'Tried & True' was so much of what I'd hoped for in this story. There were so many answers to a lot of questions and things have taken a decided shift towards what's yet to come.

The tenth book in the THIRDS series ironically started a little bit on the slow side for me but I really didn't mind. It was good to ease into things with them and so worth it. This
Chris
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dex & Sloane - just saying this means laughter, love and an incredible amount of drama !!! Just when I thought this book would focus more around the romantic love angle, seeing as this was about their wedding, I couldn’t have been more surprised. Of course there’s an abduction, torture and stress - it’s all in a days work for these guys. This in turn ensures the focus on the Destructive Delta team continues which is awesome of course. I love this series and the team .. I have a soft spot for Cae ...more
Alex
That was a classic THIRDS novel in all its funny, action-filled, full-of-love ways.

The plot twist was very good. I was waiting for something like that but I didn't thought it was him!!!

Dex and Sloane are just days from the mariage and everyone is happy and laughing and loving so... Of course something happens to screw everything up!

I don't want to say too much so I'm just going to say what I've been saying from the first book.
That I LOVE Dex and him and Sloane are just perfect together.
Loved to
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
5+++ stars ⭐
Wow, what a wonderful way to end a series!
This book was truly amazing, the right mix of steam, love, sweetness, action and mystery. After 10 books the story is still as involving as in the first one, and it's a rare thing.
I read it in one shot and I was holding my breath the whole book; the action was really entertaining!
There isn't a single thing I'd change about this story.
The ending was amazing and I'm still smiling.
I surely recommend to read it ❤️
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Tried & True (THIRDS #10) (M/M Buddy Read) by Charlie Cochet 23 13 Mar 03, 2020 07:47AM
Tried & True BR! - Anne BG, Meags, R 51 13 Nov 28, 2017 12:15PM

• How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Zero Divergence (Zero Hour, #3)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Bet on Love (Good Bad Idea, #1)
  • Twisted and Tied (Marshals, #4)
  • Exasperating (Elite Protection Services, #3)
  • Murder Most Deserving (Lacetown Murder Mysteries, #2)
  • Thayer (The Brinnswick Chronicles #1)
  • Murder Most Lovely (Lacetown Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • Faith (Wolves of Walker County, #3)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • Who We Truly Are (Enhanced, #2)
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

THIRDS (10 books)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS #2)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS #4)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS, #5)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Thick & Thin (THIRDS, #8)
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)

News & Interviews