Start by marking “True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)” as Want to Read:
True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)

True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  7,413 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
CIA officer Darcy St. James is after a man who knew September 11 would happen—a man who chose to profit from the knowledge. Navy SEAL Sam “Cougar” Houston is busy: The intelligence Darcy is generating has his team deploying around the world. Under the pressure of war, their romance flourishes. But it may be a short relationship: for the terrorists have chosen their next ta ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about True Honor, please sign up.

Lisa L While there are different characters, this series focuses on Joe's fictitious SEAL team. In book one, the main characters are Joe "Bear" Baker and…moreWhile there are different characters, this series focuses on Joe's fictitious SEAL team. In book one, the main characters are Joe "Bear" Baker and Kelly. Other characters in book one that are introduced that continue on in the series are members of Joe's SEAL team. Some of these characters are Tom "Wolfe" and Sam "Cougar". Book 2's main characters are Bruce and Grace. Grace is Tom "Wolfe"'s cousin. While not one of the two main characters, book 2 in many ways shares Tom's story. It encompasses the bond between not only your biologically family but also your military one. Book three is Sam "Cougar's" story. While they all have different stories you will hear the cross over between all of the SEAL team members throughout all three stories as well as the role their faith plays in each one. I hope this explains the intertwined aspect. Honestly, this and the O'Malley series is one of my favorite Christian fiction series. Funny story, I now live where book one takes place.(less)

Regina
Aug 14, 2011 added it
Have you ever read a book that you liked, but you don't know why you liked it? I'm not sure that this book deserves 3 stars, but I'm giving it 3 because I thought it was better than 2 stars. Ok, this is supposedly a Christian romance novel. I don't normally read romance novels, Christian or otherwise, but someone gave me the book so I thought I'd give it a try. Yes, romance is part of the story, but this book actually has a plot and it is not full of sex which is usually what a romance novel is ...more
Sarita
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I flew through this story. It started out with a bang when Darcy was attacked and the story was intriguing till the end.

I loved the Interaction between Darcy and Sam (Cougar) and loved the fact that Joe and Tom from the previous 2 books also made frequent appearances.

The search for the terrorists were interesting and the events that happened believable. I loved that Darcy was in the CIA, which made for some fun parts, especially the scene in the mall. The CIA scenes made me think of Alias.

The pl
Susan
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series.
Rebekah Tooley
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thus was such an eye opener! I haven't read many books on 9/11 so this was a first timer for me! I liked how characters from the other books in this series were involved.
Kylee
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sometimes these books can be cheesy but they are entertaining.
Emma
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True Honor

I love Dee Henderson's writing.
I used to have the entire O'Malley collection, including Danger in the Shadows.
I read this story in a hard time of life and recently started thinking about it again..... so of course I had to find it, buy it, read it.
Very uplifting and reassuring. Just like meeting with an old friend, you pick up where you left off..... never a day gone by.
A hard topic addressed, and handled well with the anger, the dedication, the struggle and the faith.
Barbara
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dee Henderson is a great author, and this is a nice Christian mystery/romance novel. Darcy and Sam are great characters, and compliment each other very well. There were a few portions that were a little too military and detailed for me, but overall it is a nice read. Her O'Malley series, in my opinion, is better than this series, but it is still worth reading.
Sarah C
Jun 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
I didn't enjoy this book in the slightest; the story was bumpy and honestly rather dull, it was incredibly cliche, there was false foreshadowing that led nowhere, and the characters fell flat. I usually like Henderson's work, but not this time, and I was surprised because I loved True Courage (now entitled Kidnapped) in the same series.
Pelican Rapids
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cpb
really enjoyed this mystery--wasn't too gruesome
Louise E.
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good story.
  • An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)
  • Flee the Night (Team Hope, #1)
  • Line of Duty (Newpointe 911, #5)
  • A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)
  • Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3)
  • Freefall
  • Sean Donovan (The Californians, #3)
  • Lonestar Homecoming (Lonestar, #3)

Dee Henderson is the author of 14 best-selling novels, including the acclaimed O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series. As a leader in the inspirational romantic suspense category, her books have won or been nominated for several prestigious industry awards, including the RWA's RITA Award, the Christy Awa
More about Dee Henderson...

Uncommon Heroes (4 books)
  • True Devotion (Uncommon Heroes #1)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)