Start by marking “Called by the Vampire - Part 1” as Want to Read:
Called by the Vampire - Part 1

Called by the Vampire - Part 1 (Called by the Vampire #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  197 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
When Maggie Evans had a heart transplant, she received more than a new organ from her donor. She also got a piece of the woman’s soul and now, Maggie can feel emotions she can’t explain. Emotions that help her decide to take a job for Sebastian Hart in a dark mansion on the coast of Maine. When she gets there, she discovers her heart had a good reason to make her go.
Seba
Published June 21st 2017 by Sugarloaf Press

Cassandra
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I will be buying this, but I’m waiting to get the whole serial together!

The cover is steamy!

This is the first part in a new serial series! This is my first time reading Violet’s work though I’m not sure why because I them! This is for adults only due to the steamy and adult conten
Ana
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think I'm going to be loving this serial as much as I hate them LoL Have you ever wondered what the recipient of someone else's heart by means of a transplant feels? Does the person feel what was in the others heart, that's a big mystery no, it makes you wonder if the recipient would actually let someone know?

Margaret was a sickly child, had a bad heart, but she was lucky enough to receive the much need heart transplant. What she never expected was to be thrown into a world of unknowns, but he
Kathi
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent vampire / soul mate / heart transplant story – draws you in instantly!!!

Maggie gets a “little something extra” from the donor of her heart transplant. Five years post-transplant she is determined to live her life to the fullest and accepts an unusual job opportunity. In a dark mansion on the coast of Maine brothers Sebastian and Alexander provide a unique opportunity which leaves her excited, enthralled and confused.

A delightful vignette which will have you clamoring for more. This is
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was okay but I wasn’t aware of how short it was. Then I was going to continue but thought that the next book for 75 pages was too expensive. Otherwise I loved the thoughts and writing style.
Melissa King
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Called by the Vampire Part 1
By: V. Vaughn

I was drawn into this story after reading the unique storyline synopsis about Maggie Evans and two brothers, Sebastian and Alexander Hart. As I started reading the story I was pulled in from the very first page until the last word in chapter ten.

Maggie had been restricted to the hospital her whole life with a heart condition. Now, after having a heart transplant, she is ready to live life to the fullest. When she arrives in Maine to start her new job. Sh
Sherill
INTOXICATING

V. Vaughn's new series is thrilling and lures you into the lives of Maggie, Sebastian, and Alexander; a true page-turner as it holds your attention until the last word.

Maggie had been protected all her life due to a heart condition but a heart transplant leaves her elated with the freedom to begin a new life. She has started a job filled with the promise of an exciting future but newly found emotions leave her confused. Her bosses are magnificently hot; Sebastian guards his feelings
Andi Downs
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this series starter which surprises me as I usually avoid them until I have the whole set. :)
I liked Maggie and her determined attitude to life given the hardships she has to overcome with her health. I loved her unusual connection to her heart and that connection to the brothers as she spent more time with them.
I liked Alexander's easy going playful side to Sebastian's more serious, though with some spark as their evening revealed. I was left wanting so much more and needin
Cheri
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maggie has a new heart. She's spent her life on the inside looking out at everyone else living. Then the transplant. However, her new heart is more. It carries a bit of the soul of the donor. Now, Maggie can live her life. After completing community college, she is offered a job hours away from home. A well paying but mysterious job. Live in secretary with an NDR. She soon finds out with the Hart brothers, there is much not to disclose. The dark, foreboding mansion is right on the ocean. The men ...more
Pam Louis
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Margaret (maggie) had a heart transparent 5 years ago and ever since she has this feeling she got a part of the Donor's soul too. Now with the help of her heart she has taken a job with the hart brothers. Sebastian and Aexander. Things have gotten a bit crazy for her. You see the brothers are vampires, writers and they both want her. While her heart seems to want Sebastion and herself wants Alexander. She also feels the pull to Sebastian too. Yea she is so over her head.
I love the unique and in
Dmcl
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an intriguing story of young Margaret who sets out to live fully what remains of her life. Recipient of a heart transplant that has given her a piece of the donor's soul, Maggie takes a job as assistant to the Hart Brothers, enigmatic Sebastian and playful Alexander. What ensues is a story that draws the reader into what looks to be the makings of a very complicated relationship between the four characters, for Maggie's heart and its desires are part of this story as well. Anxious for th ...more
Cindy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is part one of an ongoing series.

Maggie Evans is a heart transplant recipient. Maggie now feels the emotions of the woman's heart she received. This helps her decide to take a job for Sebastian Hart in a dark mansion on the coast of Maine. She's tired of being stuck in the same place and now has the health to do something different.
However, Sebastian isn't the only person at the mansion. His younger brother, Alexander, captures her in a way she can't explain. While being torn between who s
Karen
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant start to a new series from this Author.
Right from the first page you are court up in Maggie's
Feeling 's of wanting a new life after all the sickness
she went through before her new heart.
She got a job that took her away from her home and it
was working for Sebastian.
What will she do when she finds out he and his brother are more
than what they first seem.
Definitely looking forward to the rest so this series.
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Charlene Maurice
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After receiving a heart transplant Maggie has a second chance at living her life. Accepting a job with two very handsome brothers the detail of her job are kept a hush from her but for a very good reason. When the detail of her job are outline they come with one very big secret both brothers are vampires. Maggie is drawn to one brother while her heart beats for the other. Called by the Vampire book one is a sexy romantic suspense that will leave you begging for more. I cannot wait for book 2!
Tera Comer
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, own
This is the first part of a new series by this author and boy let me tell you, if you love the rest of her books which are shifter you will love this new one. This books is a page turner making you wonder what will happen next each page. I totally can not wait to see how this series grows. I received a free copy of this book and volunteered to review it.
Linda
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
V. Vaughan is great at writing these serial paranormal romances. They hook you in and leave you eager for each new installment. .

I am really enjoying her move to vampires from shifters. The characters are very interesting and the storyline will keep you wondering what is next.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received..
Christine Croke
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Impressive start to the series! It starts off a little slow but don't give up. The story is intriguing and holds your afternoon with the authors imagination and writing skills. I have to find out what happens next. I couldn't put it down!

I voluntarily reviewed this book. My opinions are my own.
Crystal
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What happens when your heart and your soul want different men? When Maggie arrives at her new job, she never expects to be drawn to her boss and her boss's brother. Her heart wants her boss Sebastian, but her soul longs for his brother, Alexander. What will happen to the three of them and how will Maggie react to their secret?
Raina Collins
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Story gets more intense as you read it and by the end you'll be holding on for part two. This may be about vampires, but the first part is really about getting to know Maggie and how she interacts with the two handsome brothers. One pulls at her heart and the other pulls at her soul. Can't wait for book two.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of the book.
Kaila
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this.. it is a new type of series for me.. and short read which was nice.. i enjoyed the dynamics and the emotions.. this is totally different from her other series and im glad to read it :D she did an amazing job writing.. the characters are wonderful and interesting. i am glad i got to review it
Shan
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

I found the premise interesting. I love the whole weird job in a creepy mansion by the sea scenario, and then throw in vampires and BOOM!, you've pulled me in! Now, this story comes in parts, which I don't love, but I knew that going into reading this, so I didn't have a problem with it, but just wanted to make sure readers knew that, so they'd be aware that they are getting a portion of a story. This book is quite short, but did a good job of setting the story up, and I really enjoyed the autho
Yvonne Daniels
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Yvonne by: Angie Ramsey / V. Vaughn
Called by the Vampire - Part 1
by V. Vaughn
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Oh My this a story about a love of a lifetime. If you are looking for a book that, from the first page it will grab your attention, pulls you into the story and captivates you until you’ve finished reading it. Called by the Vampire is a story of love, loss, redemption, and loyalty. This story will make you want to swoon over the alpha-male heroes while you applause and cheer for the feisty heroine. You can't help but to fall in love with the Called
Kimberly
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
Excellent! Loved everything about it however a BIG downer I do have to wonder how many parts will be in this series. I'm not keen on the 70 page or so parts with cliffhangers when you pay for each part and many in past are 9 or so plus parts per series than lead off into another side series to drain readers money . This is a big negative aspect that tends to turn me away from author especially thinking at least this one was complete or at least readers were led to believe that. I hope author tak ...more
Heather Ray
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh boy! Called by the Vampire is a serial, so don't expect it to end with this book... or even close to an end. That being said, it starts off slow then picks up just about when it ends and left me wanting more. Part 1 is really the set up to the rest of the serial and has a lot of detail that is needed in order to understand some of what is to come. In Part 1 we meet the vampire brothers and Maggie (Margaret), a heart transplant recipient who comes to work for and live with the brothers.
There
Vi
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviews
Maggie looks forward to living her life, now. She has a heart and a new job, away from home! She hasn't met her employer, Sebastian. Maggie arrives at a dark mansion in Port Porpoise and meets Sebastian and his brother Alexander, both younger and more virile then she imagined. Her "heart," led her to take this job, but will it be what she imagined? Her employers seem strange...
An appealing start to this paranormal romance series! Stage is set to discover more of sedate Sebastian, fun-loving Ale
Patti
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A woman with an indeterminable future sets out to live her life as fully as she can crosses path with two brothers who have conflicting definitions on where her path should take her. This author did a wonderful job of bringing these characters to life and starting them down this highly intriguing storyline. So many possible roots have been exposed as to which direction this tale can go and thus the big inning of an interesting series has been born. My interest has been captured and I look forwar ...more
Just Josie
So...

I genuinely liked the idea of the book.
Having Maggies job is LEGIT my dream job! Wish that was possible in real life!
Two vampire brother. One playful, one serious, both handsome.
One beautiful woman, who received a new heart, because her own was sick. The heart was just not all she received. She gets “feelings”. Feelings that she feels comes from the woman who donated her new heart.

Read 25/12/2017
Will I recommend: Yes, the storyline was unique.
Bonus Info: It’s free on Amazon. (At the mome
Patricia Bennett
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Someone else's heart

She came looking for adventure, but found out more than she was seeking. Now that she knows who and what the heart brothers are, can she handle being split between the two? Sometimes the heart wants what it wants, but your body has other plans. The story was too short. It was just getting good and it was over.
Tia
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

A really quick read. And while the first book is free I might would buy the rest of the series if the books were longer than 70 something pages long and costing $2.99 a piece. They need to be bundled. The story is an original idea which is a lot of the appeal. But I'm not sure if I will move on to the other 8 books in this series.
Karinosa
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Short...too short!

I really liked the summary and found it odd, but interesting. I always check to see how many pages and I did not do that with this one. I should have realized something was up for .99 cents. Right? Well, I just wanted it to be longer. What is up with the housekeeper??? Is she weird or what? Lol
Barbara
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book one in the series and it leaves you wanting the next book now , I could not put it down I had to know what was going to happen ! This is Maggie Evans, Sebastian Hart and his younger brother Alexander's story. I found it a fast paced quick book to read . I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Pen name of author Violet Vaughn.

V. Vaughn is also known as Violet Vaughn and is a USA Today Bestselling author. Violet lives on an island in Maine and spends almost every day walking through the woods. She may have seen a bear once or twice....
More about V. Vaughn

Called by the Vampire (9 books)
  • Called by the Vampire - Part 2
  • Called by the Vampire - Part 7
  • Called by the Vampire - Part 8
  • Called by the Vampire - Part 9

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Tell us, Margaret, what do you want out of life?” To be loved by a man who makes me want for nothing else.” 0 likes