Start by marking “Right Text Wrong Number (Offsides, #1)” as Want to Read:
Right Text Wrong Number (Offsides, #1)

Right Text Wrong Number

(Offsides #1)

Cheerleader Layla and football player Tyler are complete opposites. She thinks he’s the biggest jerk in school and he thinks she's too high on her horse to even be worth a second glance. When the two of them are near one another, sparks fly in all the wrong directions. They can hardly endure speaking, let alone dating.

But when Layla unknowingly sends Tyler a smack-down te
Published July 11th 2017 by Swoon Romance

To ask other readers questions about Right Text Wrong Number, please sign up.
Natalie Decker This is a tricky question. Would I let my own 13yr old daughter read this? Yes. There are curse words but there are no F-Bombs. There is a talk of sex…moreThis is a tricky question. Would I let my own 13yr old daughter read this? Yes. There are curse words but there are no F-Bombs. There is a talk of sex and what her friend Rachel has told her about it or one of her hook-ups but there are no sex scenes. The MC's are juniors in high school. So it depends on what you feel is appropriate. I would let my 13yr old read it because she's come home telling me things kids her age talk about and it's worse than what's in my book. But again it's all up to your taste. :)(less)

Start your review of Right Text Wrong Number (Offsides, #1)
Danielle's
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying the offsides series (I've read them out of order but it doesn't matter too much). Layla and Juliet are twins. Layla is the popular cheerleader and Juliet is her unpopular nerdy sister. I thought Juliet would be my favourite but I like Layla story a little more. Right text Wrong Number is Layla's addition and available on Kindle Unlimited.

Layla Valentine and Tyler Richardson like to rub each other up the wrong way. They can't stand each other and think the other is too big fo
catherine ♡
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
*Thank you to the author for a free e-copy in exchange for an honest review.*

Actual Rating: 3

I may be in college now but I'm still a sucker for high school chick lits. And this book was adorable - played around with all my favorite cliches and made it work.

Right Text. Wrong Number. is written in alternating perspectives. There's Layla, a cheerleader who finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her. In an attempt to send a scathing text to the girl at the other end, Layla messes up the phone n
greentreelife
Oct 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
If this was written by a 16 year old I suppose it is ok. If not then I am leaning towards horrible.

Spelling and grammar was terrible. The way they talk irritated me. Do people say 'rents instead of parents? Maybe I am just too old for this.

Childish immature behaviour from h towards H. All.the.time.

She really can't tell his voice over the phone?
The sister's relationship is weird. Can't decide if they like or hate eachother. (Handing her sister a note without saying anything and just walking on
ضحى الحداد
OMG OMG OMG <3 <3 <3
sooo cute sooo cute I can't even express my feelings right now .. if you like PS I Like You by Kasie West or the movie You've Got Mail you will enjoy this one sooo much
I liked Tyler and Layla they were really good to each other .. sure they had their annoying moments but their relationship is sooo cute .. and I am soooo looking forward for Juliet's story :D .. soo happy
Alyssa
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I give this 4.5 stars!

When Layla found out that her boyfriend is cheating on her, she gets the phone number and text the other girl. But Tyler, her archnemisis, was the one who received it!

I heard good things about this book that's why I wanted to dive right in too. I love the plot. I guess you can say that the plot has been used before, but the author definitely made it her own, thus making it remarkable!

I love the characters! All of them are flawed characters, which make them realistic teenage
Anie
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Received book for in exchange for honest review.

Lately I'm having really good luck with contemporary novels. I have not read one contemporary novel this summer, that wasn't amazing.

This book is just sooo good. I read it in one sitting. The writing is really light and pace paced.

And the story, it just so swoony... (not sure if that is even a word:) ). So, first narrator is Layla, sophomore, cheerleader, really popular and also dyslexic. She is dating Adam, who I hated from the start, and even mo
Mayra Biggs
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a lovely story, I love how their story developed how they misjudged each other and slowly realized how much they loved each other.
This books really centers on how love is a deep feeling and not about the superficial stuff. How understanding and caring for other is important.
Suzanne Cattanes
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
nice fun easy read.
quite amusing.
was in need of a quick read this was perfect
Tina
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on As Told By TinaRight Text, Wrong Number was my August #MyTBRList winner. I was kind of hoping this one would win because texting the wrong number and falling in love is kind of one of my favorite tropes. I absolutely loved Text 2 Lovers, which is more NA, but still the trope is the same so anytime a synopsis remotely mentions texting the wrong number and it turning to more…I AM THERE.

Needless to say, I had some pretty high expectations for this.

Right Text,
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm always here for enemies-to-lovers, but not like this. the leads were are so annoying, and I still don't understand why there were enemies. They get messed up with communications problems in every damn page, at a certain point it just gets boring and you want to yell. The only reason this got 2 stars from me was because I was invested in the twin story. But that didn't even get a resolution, so now I'm trying to decide if I will read another book of the series.
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars!
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

This was such a super fun and cute read! I love reading hate to love romance tropes and I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. The story was both hilarious and romantic. After reading so many fantasy reads, I picked this up for a change in genre and I was looking for something fun. I’m so glad that It didn’t disappoint me because it was so entertaining and nothing too emotionally serious that’ll make me too sad. Altho
T.H. Hernandez
This is a cute story with interesting characters, a fair amount of angst, and a decent romance. With a few exceptions, I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a few questionable actions by the protagonists at the end that left me frustrated at times, but they weren't bad enough to take away from the things I loved. What did bother me, though is the extreme number of typos in a professionally published book. To the point that they became distracting.

RIGHT TEXT WRONG NUMBER is about two people who see
Nicole P
To be expected that there was lots of teenage drama! Not the usual stereotype of the cheerleader and jock being the IT couple. Instead these two were at loggerheads. Was a fun, and surprisingly quick read.
Pooja Banga
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Dayreader Reviews
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm still smiling! Layla is a sixteen year old cheerleader. She's popular and she is dating one of the football players. She has it all, at least from the outside. But everything is not as cheery as it seems. She has dyslexia which she tries to hide from everyone. Then she discovers that her longtime boyfriend has been cheating on her. As a sixteen year old, she decides to text the other girl, but she types in the wrong number.

Tyler is on the football team, always throws the best parties, and i
Amanda Abram
I was so excited to read this book when I saw the blurb. I LOVE the whole hate-turned-to-love trope, so this seemed right up my alley. And in some ways, it was. In others...not so much. I'll start with what I didn't like about it:

-This book is in some SERIOUS need of editing. Words missing from sentences, the wrong form of words used ("they're" instead of "their"), missing punctuation or punctuation in the wrong spots, or some sentences not even making any sense - almost like the thought was inc
Megan » Hello Book Bird
A fun and cute read for enemies-to-lovers fans.

I hadn't been having luck lately with my reads and needed a pick-me-up. I needed sass, nothing too emotional, and a good amount of tension that ended in a happily ever after. I was hoping when I picked this up that I'd get my modern day fix and it delivered.

I also liked how the reveal happened. Kinda one of those "oh, sh-" moments that you really wished you'd be able to catch on camera.

My one real complaint, and probably the reason this didn't get f
A HEA
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My partner and I met over msn, and connected via text message for a number of years, so any book that has text theme always gets me courious. I loved how Lalya and Tyler's relatioship developed through text and how they were able to explore the day to day issues they were facing together. This book did not disapoint if was a fun read with the right balance of chemisty between Lalya and Tyler.

I'm in my late 20's and have a younger sister in here teens who is starting to venture into romance read
Kimberly Kowalski
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is ridiculously adorable. Sometimes it's easier to fall for someone when you meet via words on a screen. I really enjoyed this quick read, the grammar was atrocious. This book clearly needed a better editor. But I adored the characters and the story line so I'm putting my OCD aside for this rating.
Louma
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.50 stars...
Ketha Thomas
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

I love this book so much its the best there no way I'm going to forget it
I will think about it every second of my life.
Meka Weaver
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read

This was a cute fun sweet flowing light love story. I loved it. Witty funny all around quite romantic teen angst..
Mina
**Review originally posted on My Fangirl Chronicles**

Thank you to the author for providing me with an e-book copy for an honest review.

One of my favorite troupes in young adult contemporary romances is falling in love through texting, social media, etc. (bonus points if there's mistaken/secret identities involved as well). That said, I figured there was a good chance I would really enjoy "Right Text. Wrong Number". The concept was not, by any means, an original but Natalie was able to make it he
Loyalhistorian
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm giving it a 3 star rating because the story was fairly cute (nothing original though), but I rated it less for all the errors in the book. They drove me crazy. Honestly, I came to read this book by complete accident. I had accidentally hit the "Read for Free" button on my Kindle Unlimited account. Since I had it, I figured I'd try it.

The Plot: Layla is the popular twin, dating a football player. Then she finds out that football player is cheating on her. She sends a scathing text to the
Chelsea Fryou
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Original review can be found at Freeing Fantasy. You can also follow me on TwitterFacebook, and Bloglovin

I'm just going to start by saying I loved Right Text Wrong Number. It starts with almost instant drama between Layla and her boyfriend Adam. She catches him sexting some chick and she tries to fire back at the other girl and winds up text Tyler instead. From that point on I was hooked!

Layla is an independent cheerleader with a lot more layers than what she shows on the surface. At first,

Jasmijn Marsilje
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Wannamaker
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Texting the wrong person after you discover you've been cheated on isn't necessarily the best idea- fortunately it turns out to be someone you know, just not someone you like- Yet.

Tyler and Layla lead a private texting relationship, while Tyler in person realizes he needs to have Layla see the real him.

When the text Tyler and Tyler in person get mixed up things blow up.

Although this is high school it addresses some things that could happen in college or another time, it also shows you never kn
Lilly Charysma
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Right Text Wrong Number” brings us Layla and Tyler, two high school students that can’t stand each other at all. They cannot be in the same room without bullying each other. But when she realizes her boyfriend was cheating on her, she writes a text to a number who is supposed to be the other girl’s. Little did she expect to have that text sent to Tyler. From here on, she finds a mysterious friend with whom she can be completely honest. Pretty soon, he’ll realize who the silly girl that texted h ...more
Zili
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Right Text, Wrong Number is all kinds of dramatic YA fun. The pacing is quick and breezy, whilst being full of teen angst and romance. It's funny too!

Layla massively undervalues herself. She's the popular cheerleader who is afraid to be anything else. She often finds herself being influenced by others and their opinion of what she should or shouldn't be doing. Oh Adam! Layla is quick to judge not only herself but others. I was desperate for her to wake up and give Tyler a chance.

I loved the hil
✨Sumi's Books✨
May 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I think the editor of this book needs to work on their reviewing skills. There are tons of little typos and grammar errors in this book.

The gist of the story is that Layla finds out her boyfriend has been cheating on her when she discovers naked pictures of some girl on his phone. Layla attempts to text the girl but instead ends up texting the guy that she thinks is the biggest jerk in school. They continue to text each other however (under seudo names) and begin a relationship.

Though the story
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Dating Dare
  • Rumor Has It (Rumor Has It, #1)
  • Challenge Accepted
  • The Perks of Dating You (Perks Book 1)
  • Truth or Dare (Bayfield High #1)
  • The Importance of Getting Revenge
  • True to You (Rumor Has It, #2)
  • Perfectly Oblivious (Perfect #1)
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • Out of His League (Briarwood High, #1)
  • Heart Shaped Lock (Rumor Has It, #3)
  • Faking It (Fake Boyfriend Duet Book 1)
  • Never Have I Ever Fallen for a Movie Star (Never Ever Love, # 4)
  • A Whole New League (Briarwood High, #2)
  • The Love Fakers (Love Quiz, #1)
  • Say Anything
  • Keeping Up Appearances
  • Not with the Band
Natalie Decker is the author of the bestselling YA series Rival Love, YA series Offsides, and NA series Scandalous Boys. She loves her family, her awesome dog, friends, carefree days, football, fuzzy blankets, traveling, reading, cooking, writing, and is a huge Denver Broncos fan. Her imagination is always going, which some find odd. But she believes in seeing the world in a different light at all ...more

Offsides (3 books)
  • Right Kiss Wrong Guy (Offsides, #2)
  • Right Girl Wrong Timing (Offsides #3)

News & Interviews

“Don’t regret trying. Regret never asking and wondering.” 1 likes
“Whoever decided that getting drunk was a great way to get over people is flat-out the stupidest person ever. In fact, that person needs to be kicked in the face.” 0 likes