Start by marking “Blockchain For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))” as Want to Read:
Blockchain For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))

Blockchain For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))

Find out what Blockchain is, how it works, and what it can do for you

Blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin, the revolutionary 'virtual currency' that's changing the way people do business. While Bitcoin has enjoyed some well-deserved hype, Blockchain may be Bitcoin's most vital legacy. Blockchain For Dummies is the ideal starting place for business pros looking to g

Published April 13th 2017 by For Dummies

To ask other readers questions about Blockchain For Dummies (For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blockchain For Dummies (For Dummies

Start your review of Blockchain For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Tom Foster
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I read the first several chapters of this book that was loaned to me to get a basic understanding of the blockchain technology and I scanned the remaining chapters to get an appreciation of some of the applications in use now and planned for the future. It met my casual needs but the book is better suited to software professionals who want to get a good overview of the many forms of the technology, it’s benefits and pitfalls.
Tim K
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
The book is really 3.5 stars, I do not like the 1-5 scale, it is not granular enough.

After reading this book you will definitely have a "beginner basics" of understanding many of the various blockchain environments and why they exist. The book has it ups and downs (more ups) ...... there are parts that more details or specific examples/diagrams would help significantly.......
conversely there are parts that hit the "nail on the head".
BCS
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Blockchain and related technologies such as digital currencies are recently receiving significant media attention, being hailed as the “fifth evolution” of computing. However, it can be a little hard to get a grasp on exactly what these technologies are, how they work, how they can be used and what kinds of applications they might have. Blockchain for Dummies, authored by a co-founder of a blockchain company, therefore seems an ideal title to help the uninitiated to begin to understand these new ...more
Elizabeth StClair
Overall I liked this book. It gave me a great overview of the intricacies of blockchain, and explained the applicabilities of blockchain to future development inside and outside of the business world. The book also offered ways in which the reader can be introduced to various blockchain networks and offered helpful links for further information. My main critique of the work was the numerous grammatical errors. There were two on page 137 alone. While I could tell what the writer was trying to say ...more
Chirayu
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
One more feather in the cap of dummy series

This book anticipates series of queries a novice would have on blockchain technologist answers them efficiently. Also provides ample directions to further explore.
Gowthaman Ragothaman
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read!

In 5 hours - when you read this book from cover to cover you are guaranteed to have better understanding of the concept and its application along with a ready reckoned to where to go for further reference. Excellent.
Parthan Ramanujam
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: computerscience
Gives a brush across the Blockchain scape, looking at key technologies and endeavours. It also introduces to some of the key services using Blockchain. Really helpful to get an overall idea about how blockchain works and is being used.
Steve
Aug 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed. Got through only the first 3 chapters. I realized i didn't know much more about what blockchain was and what it could do than I did before. It should have had more examples that I could relate to.
Dash Williams
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: technical-books
Good primer on the current state of blockchain. The editing could've been tighter as there are quite a few typos in this book.
Denis
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well explained and synthetised. Including use cases and deployment steps
Sam
Apr 19, 2020 rated it liked it
A great reference book especially for those seeking to set a foot in the world of blockchain.
Debbie Ginsberg
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good overview of the current state of blockchain tech (and a quick read)
Mohamed Fouad
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
good book
Jon Chin
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Coverage was scattered. The book attempts to get readers to a practical level of usage without introducing core principles.
Prometheus131
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
An okay overview but the book doesn't have enough depth or substance. The number of basic English mistakes was surprising.
Aaron Slack
A good introduction to a very technical subject.
Patrick DiJusto
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I must be a real dummy, because I barely understand blockchain any more now than I did when I first opened the book. This is not entirely the author's fault -- blockchain is just a hard topic.

One thing though: I spotted more typos, misspellings, and just plain errors in this book than I've seen in a dozen other books. "For Dummies", for shame! Fix your copyediting system!!!
Adam Sipos
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: technical
I didn't read the book cover to cover, but the sections that were most relevant to me. This is not really a for dummies book, actually it's quite detailed in its descriptions.
Matt
Jun 24, 2017
Brian
Jun 25, 2017
Marcelo Gonzalez
Dec 27, 2017
Allen DeGrange
rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2018
Brendan Francis
Sep 12, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Happy Doomsday
  • The Ends of the World: Supervolcanoes, Lethal Oceans, and the Search for Past Apocalypses
  • Data Science For Dummies
  • The City of Falling Angels
  • Crying Wolf
  • Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives
  • 1587, A Year of No Significance(Revised Commemorated Edition)
  • Snow Creek (Detective Megan Carpenter, #1)
  • The Science of Storytelling
  • Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy
  • The Startup Way: Making Entrepreneurship a Fundamental Discipline of Every Enterprise
  • The Wire in the Blood (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, #2)
  • Confessions
  • Trailblazer: The Power of Business as the Greatest Platform for Change
  • More Ants! (There are Ants in my Sugar #2)
  • A Childhood Made Up: Living with my mother's madness
  • The Carer
  • Springfield Confidential: Jokes, Secrets, and Outright Lies from a Lifetime Writing for The Simpsons

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »