Start by marking “Trust” as Want to Read:
Trust

Trust

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  5,954 Ratings  ·  1,099 Reviews
Being young is all about the experiences: the first time you skip school, the first time you fall in love…the first time someone holds a gun to your head.

After being held hostage during a robbery at the local convenience store, seventeen-year-old Edie finds her attitude about life shattered. Unwilling to put up with the snobbery and bullying at her private school, she enro
ebook
Published July 18th 2017 by Kylie Scott

To ask other readers questions about Trust, please sign up.
Fonda Rush I get some books from Goodreads. It is more like a lottery system. You put your request in, and you might win a copy. Try it and find out:…moreI get some books from Goodreads. It is more like a lottery system. You put your request in, and you might win a copy. Try it and find out: goodreads.com Enjoy!
(less)

Christy
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo 19274910_10103900294764898_6234855934554548199_n_zpsn7gcjug3.jpg

Trust is one of those books that captivated me from the first chapter. I was glued to the pages, my heart was racing, and my palms were sweating. Kylie Scott really put it all out there at the start of this book. I didn’t read the blurb and I did not see that coming at all. I love books that are emotional and intense and this definitely was both of those things.

Edie and John go through something big together. Something that is traumatic and life changing. They help each other get thr
~Mindy Lynn~
It's live y'all! 7/18/17

ALL THE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite read thus far of 2017! Yes, you read it right! lol

I had no plans on reading the whole book. I just wanted to read a chapter or two to see if I was going to enjoy it because it has been a minute since I've read a YA book (I honestly didn't know it was YA when I requested it). Then the next thing I knew the book had ended, I was giddy with how much I fell in love with the characters and story, and then mortified when I saw the time.
Maddie
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, bb, cover-love, funny, favorite, hot, na

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

description

THIS BOOK IS NOTHING BUT BRILLIANT- Highly recommended New Adult lovers!!!

What is the NA genre?
New adult (NA) fiction, also rendered as new-adult fiction, is a developing genre of fiction with protagonists in the 18–30 age bracket!

Chapter 1
description

Eddie and her friend Georgia went to the “Drop Stop – SHOP” to buy some crucial snacks to watch all 8 Harry Potter films the night

But what the girls did not expect on this night Eddie’s life as she knows it changed forever! A drugged addict needed money
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
It's on sale if you don't have it now is a good time to get it only 99 cents https://www.amazon.com/Trust-Kylie-Sc...

4-4.5 brilliant stars ❤

I absolutely adored Trust, it was refreshing,fast paced,unique,emotional and poignant.So different from Kylie's other books yet it was amazing!The story starts really good with me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what will happen next!!

description

Edie and John's journey is full of emotions and I'm so glad I have the opportunity to read it!The relationship
Penelope Douglas
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I needed. And such an easy read. I loved how John was trying to change his ways and be the good guy, but Kylie still kept his edge and heat, and Edie wasn't the typical heroine, either. She had such great inner dialogue, and the friendship between the girls was so witty and fun to read. YA is my heart, and I'm in love with this one!
Elizabeth
"Bullets were permanent. Everything else was temporary."
description

Trust is a standalone contemporary young adult romance with two beautiful broken people who find strength beyond the tragedy of life's circumstances.

description
"I was going to die, here, tonight, in the Drop Stop in my fucking pajamas. This was it."
Edie is a teenager stocking up goodies at the local convenience store for a fun filled night with her best friend when in just a single moment, her life is changed forever. The store is overtaken by a
Rachel Reads Ravenously
2 stars

It really pains me to say this, but I did not enjoy this book. Kylie Scott is a go-to author for me, she’s written some of my favorite romances ever, but this one fell flat for me.

Trust is about Edie, a seventeen year old who finds herself a hostage in a convenience store robbery. Having just popped in for a few things, the entire encounter changes her life and leads to her decision to leave private school and her so called friends behind and attend public school.

At her new public scho
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“The most common form of despair is not being who you are.” – Soren Kierkegaard

From the moment I heard about Trust I just could not wait to read it and I absolutely loved it. It was just one of those books that reeled me in from the start and kept me enthralled until the very end. I literally could not put this book down, it was one of those books where you know you have to go to bed because you have to wake up early the next day but keep thinking “I’ll just read one more chapter” and befor
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult

An impressive release from Kylie Scott! Very much enjoyed an audiobook of this novel, loved the narrator.

I'm just not quite sure I'd call this as YA (mature YA) O.o It has violence and sex but it's about two people in high school. Should teens be reading this? They grow up so fast these days! >.< I don't know!

Megan's 5 star review on our blog HERE
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
UGH I really really REALLY wanted to love this story more. I love YA and was excited to read Kylie Scott for the first time, seeing as so many book friends enjoy her books. And while there was some sweet moments in here, this overall was lacking.

The writing was very choppy, dry, and not something I'd expect from a seasoned writer like Kylie. This was my first book from her, and I expected the writing to be better, wittier, smarter, more lyrical….just have something that would have pulled me in.
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
Update just because my original comment was somehow hidden even though by the number of likes it should have been in the first page of the reviews

***UPDATE July 18th, to announce the giveaway is closed and to reply to comments ***

description

Look at the bottom of the original review.

***ORIGINAL NON-REVIEW, I JUST WANTED TO ANNOUCE THE GIVEAWAY***

descriptionALERT AT THE END OF THIS NON-REVIEW

description

Another book from an erotica author that will be marketed as upper ya.

UPPER YA IS NEW ADULT stop pretending that New adult doe
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TRUST: is a full length standalone romance novel by Kylie Scott. In this we meet Edie Millen and John Cole two college students. Both were held hostage at gun point by a meth head named Chris during a robbery at a convenience store 'The Drop Stop'. Both there for two slightly different reasons, One to seal the deal on a drug drop off, the other to stock up on junk food.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Five people in that store on that fateful night only three including the perpetrator walked out. A bond forged like no oth
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 012b6a4cd1543d8b6d85a4ba3a8028_zpsokhsh1qe.gif

Trust by Kylie Scott is an emotionally gripping, uncut, raw, realistic story of human social interactions. Scott pushes her readers out of their comfort zone to see and feel for her characters. She allowed us to be in their shoes to feel their vulnerabilities, insecurities, fears and love. Trust me when I tell you that this book is a visceral literary tale of raw honesty and second chances.

#Trust_kylie1

Edie is a normal 17 year old high school student r
Jen
4.5 Stars

On any other night, high school seniors Edie and John may never have met. Edie would’ve simply walked into the convenience store, bought her snacks and went on her way to her bff’s house for their movie marathon. John might’ve just sold his herb to the jock from his high school and moved on with his life. As often happens, fate and a tweaking meth head with a gun had other ideas.

The Drop Stop incident, as it came to be known, had a profound effect on both Edie and John. John decided to
Claire Robinson
5 - "You're a strange one... And I mean that with great affection." Stars!

ITs LIVE!

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FH6SHL/
Amazon Aus: https://www.amazon.com.au/Trust-Kylie...
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-Kylie-...
B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/trus...

Kylie Scott is not a new author to me, but her first foray into what I would call a book in the New Adult genre, was without doubt the best writing I have experienced from her.

Trust is a book you pick up with one se
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
✮✮✮ 4.5 Stars ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

"Racks full of magazines filled the front glass wall; nothing could be seen of us below chest height. Above that line, the world was red, white, and blue

Edie and Georgia only want to get snacks for a Harry Potter marathon. They never imagined that an innocent trip to a drop shop would become their worst nightmare. All of a sudden Edie is looking at the wrong end of a gun and two men are dead. A boy saves her life. A boy who is under suspici
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're in northern California with Edie. She's a 17 year old, slightly overweight, slightly sad girl who just survived a horrible convenience store robbery.
And the boy who helped her survive in that store - John - is going to her new high school.
Edie just got out of her bullying private school and wants to let loose a bit now. But John has done enough bad stuff in his life - he wants to concentrate on school and his non-criminal future.
And of course he feels responsible for Edie in that new schoo
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
An ARC has been kindly provided by the authorvia Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

4 stars

trust photo Trust quote_zpsi6jurxjg.jpg

First thoughts: I truly enjoy reading this story but I’m a tad disappointed due to missed opportunities. Some theme could have been dealt differently in my opinion, digging deeper hence the missing one star to score a perfect 5 stars.

Let me explain now.

I absolutely adored Kylie Scott’s Stage Dive series. Yes Kylie can write hot, fun somewhat angsty stories with captivating characters.

Trust is not a
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, arc
With a setting that's as old as time, you'd think this story would be cliche. It just goes to show how powerful Kylie Scott's words are that turned this story into a master piece. I was so drawn in by this story and the characters that I lost complete track of time and swallowed this book whole.

This story is in a high school setting. It's the classic bad boy hottie vs unpopular, overweight girl. She's crushing and he's confused. It should have felt overdone, instead it felt fresh and new. The s
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

Being young is all about the experiences: the first time you skip school, the first time you fall in love...the first time someone holds a gun to your head.

I've loved Kylie Scotts writing for many years now and so I'm always excited when she releases new books. This one in particular though intrigued me even more than usual because of its unique storyline. The heroine meets the hero when she gets held up at gunpoint in a robbery gone wrong and he risks his life to save hers. A few weeks late
Stacey is Sassy

Trust me...It's ALIVE!!

I enjoyed it but it's hard to turn off my mum brain.

I know I can waffle. If you want to skip the waffling and go straight to my thoughts on Trust, go to the paragraph starting with ***.

Here’s the thing, I finished Grade 12/Senior at the age of sixteen. I had no desire to go on to further studies so my parents gave me an alternative…get a job or keep studying. I was determined and had a job secured before I even finished school. At seventeen, I was finished school, working
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, young-adult
From the very first time I read the teaser about Trust by Kylie Scott I couldn't wait to get my fingers on this novel. It sounded so UNIQUE and it started with such a BANG that I was already sitting on the edge of my seat by then.

Kylie Scott has been one of my trusted authors, but finding out that she was releasing a YA novel was something I didn't expect and it made me CURIOUS!!!

Getting my fingers on an ARC made my day. And clearly I couldn't wait another day before reading it. I'm writing this
Eliza
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

★3.5 STARS★

If being a teenager girl who didn’t fit the mould wasn’t bad enough, Edie’s high school experience takes a harrowing turn when she held at gun point during a convenience store run. She witnesses violence that she has only seen in movies, but in this reality her hero comes in the most unlikeliest of sources.

Without a shadow of a doubt had it not been for John Edie’s fate would have meet a much different end. Instead of the heroes a reception she expects, he is slapped in handcuffs a
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

photo EA1E8E0F-6657-4D44-A101-A3C201325B7C_zpsyeynw44h.jpg

Edith Millen aka Edie is a 17 yr. old senior in high school living in Northern California in a town called Auburn. She attends a private school & has plans to go to Berkeley for college. One evening life as she knows it is forever altered when a routine stop at the local convenience store ends with her being held hostage at gun point by the town meth-head. Nearly dying changed her. The once good girl who put up with being bullied & was happy to just blend in now has no toleran
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Right from the start this had me hooked, Kylie Scott's writing is so easy to read that I speed through her books. I didn't have any issues with the story, the pacing or even the fact that John was a bit of a player - I did have issues with the amount we had to hear about Edie's size. I'm all for diversity and encouraging authors to write about curvier women but to me, the whole point is defeated when their size is constantly bought up. It gets on my tits and pisses me off. I get it - she's fat/b
Lo Bookfrantic
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

4★★★★Stars

Genre: YAContemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Female

7-19-17

This book starts with a thrilling exciting scene; we witness a very shocking scene that will mark Edie and John's life.  Edie is having a girl's night with her best friend; they decide to run to the gas station for candy and all the good essential a girl needs for a movie night.  She never could have imagined that a normal night would end up changing her life entirely.  The events of that night hunted her dre

Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Trust
Series: Standalone
Author: Kylie Scott
Release date: July 18, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

I'm one of those odd, rare creatures who hasn't devoured Kylie Scott's entire backlist. I had only read one book by her, but when I saw that she was experimenting in the YA genre, my curiosity was piqued. And that synopsis? Forget about it, I was sold at the get go.

What do you do when your life abruptly narrows down to a moment, when your next breath could be your las
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Beautiful cover, captivating story, and brilliant writing. That sums up this book in a nutshell. It’s utterly brilliant. Kylie Scott exceeds expectations again!

photo PrettyPrettyGood.gif

Here’s the breakdown: During a late-night snack run with her best friend, Edie is taken hostage during a burglary. She not only witnesses, but experiences tragedy first hand. The events of the night have a profound effect on her life and future in the most unexpected ways.

What I loved: All the feels were felt! TRUST ME! (pun intended) I
R. Kitt
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
17 year old Edith (Edie) Millen is caught up in the 'wrong place at the wrong time' when three people end up dead from a robbery. Edie and John, strangers, get out alive but still have some psychological issues from the event.

18 year old John Cole has a reputation in his high school: bad boy, drug dealer (before the shooting), and doesn't care about school... until he rethinks his priorities.

This is a typical high school, romance story with the bad boy who's misunderstood/judged and the girl wit
Law Offices of Neil T Nakamura & Associates 1 1 Jul 18, 2018 09:10PM
Young Adult Conte...: #30 Trust by Kylie Scott 13 21 Aug 24, 2017 06:00PM
Turning Pages At ...: Trust by Kylie Scott 11 16 Aug 03, 2017 08:05AM
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.
More about Kylie Scott
“You’re here?”
“Yeah.”
“Why?”
“Because this is where you are.”
9 likes
“He’s the only one who gets me. Who knows what it was like, going through what happened that night … And he’s the only one I know for sure would risk himself to keep me safe.” 5 likes