Start by marking “Bonecaller” as Want to Read:
Bonecaller

Bonecaller

When Raven steals an illegal magic the evil wizard is searching for, a hunt for this young dreamer of bones begins.

"This is a great start to a fantasy series: witches and wizards, pirates and dragons. It reminds me of the fantasy films of my childhood, such as The Neverending Story and the Princess Bride." Cranky Reviews

"Evokes the imagery of Mists of Avalon and the crushi
Published July 1st 2017 by Le Chat Publishing

Start your review of Bonecaller
Bradley
When I read this in beta, I was rocking to the magic and strife of these characters, the conflict between old and new magics, revenge and, of course, dragons.

The author says she's just beginning in the Fantasy field, but no worries, ya'll. She's building a very interesting world and putting her characters through all the best wringers. Just wait for the big reveals, too. There's a lot of fun in here.

Now if you're looking for an actual comparison with other novels, try the fact that it evokes the
Brittney Andrews (beabookworm)
UPDATE: The cover has received a facelift and it's bootyfulllllllll! ;)

AVAST YE, readers! I'm just goin' t' warn ye now that this review will include a whole lot o' pirate slang.

"It started with blood. Doesn’t every good story?"

Holy ship!--that was a good read! Caller of Bones is sure to satisfy every lover of the fantasy genre. When a young lass by the name of Raven possesses a deadly, ancient magical ability that she is unable to control, it attracts the unwanted attention of some
Ari Reavis
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved, LOVED this book. The action, the adventure, the romance. It was all so great. It's told from the pov's of John and Raven. John was such a great hero. He's got a haunted past that he can't quite remember and a fierce witch, Mira, on his hands. Mira's got a sad past of her own, but she refuses to take the hand life has dealt her.
Raven was so brave and I love her storyline. You could always tell she was more than she appeared, but finding out how powerful she really is, is amazing. She's b
Logan Keys
Mar 03, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
TITLE AND FACELIFT ALERT!

Prologue under spoiler tab...enjoy!

(view spoiler)
Tammie
Raven doesn’t know she’s the most important player in a magical war.

Raven is a servant girl to the cruel witch Esme. She doesn't remember much about her life before. A young wizard cursed with old age also lives there. Raven and the wizard Sim become close friends and help and support each other through the witch's cruelty. One day Raven accidentally steals an old magic that the witch has been looking for. This sets off a chain of events that finally leads them away from the witch who has kept
Christine
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating and frustrating!

Ugh this book frustrated me. (I don't mean that in a bad way). It drove me nuts....it slowly gave me snippets of information allowing me to piece together all the parts of the story. I still don't think I know all there is to know lol dammit Logan you torture me yet I can't stop reading.
Di
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok

I desperately wanted to love this book but unfortunately it just wasn't for me.

I don't think it is blurbed very well or perhaps I didn't understand the book very well?

When Raven steals an illegal magic the evil wizard is searching for, a hunt for this young dreamer of bones begins.

While the book is about Raven and John and written from their POVs, the way I understood it, the 'manhunt' as it was in the book was actually for the first witch and first wizard.

A red-haired witch and a grey-
Karen
Bonecaller is an excellent beginning to this fantasy series,and kept me up late reading it.The author has a talent for creating intriguing and relatable characters that I feel invested in.I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the world Logan Keys created.I received a copy of this book from the author to voluntarily review.
C.C. Ravanera
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a different offering from one of my fast becoming favourite author Logan Keys who wowed me with her The Last City series. I picked this one up because fantasy has always been my favoured genre and because it's Logan's. If you haven't heard of her, you'd best look her up right now.

The story began in a not so distant past where a dark witch & wizard set their sights on a young girl with ancient powers hidden away from the magical world. So arrogant and sure of their success, they didn't ta
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

In a world on the brink of war, two groups are unwittingly caught in the midst of upheaval.

Raven steals an illegal magic little knowing that an evil wizard is searching for it. Together with her friend, Sim, Raven is being held hostage by a powerful witch with secrets of her own.

On t
Josie Shinkfield
*I RECIEVED AN E-ARC FROM NETGALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW*

2.5 stars.

I loved the sound of this book, and thought it would really suck me in and take me on a journey, but sadly I was disappointed.

I found the story to be a little choppy and confusing at times, and the characters didn't always behave true to character.

Actually I seemed to be confused for a large part of the story. What didn't make sense to be was how the witch was holding Sim and Raven captive. I mean, I assume it must h
Kim Light
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bone caller-must read!!

I love this story of witches and wizards!! This is not the first book I've read by Ms. Keys. I am amazed at her creativity in making these fantasy worlds and yet each is soooo different you can't help but be drawn in! I love how the two story lines were pulled together seamlessly and came to a climactic end that has me depressed that I have to wait for the next book. Hurry up Logan!! I need the next one!!
Shannie
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-obsession
Wow!!! Loved it!! Can't wait to read the next book!! ...more
Nicole
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from net galley for an honest review. Thank you!!

This novel was a very good read. The author tells the story from first person point of view of two characters. This novel involves self-discovery and secrets. Each character has their own secrets, some which are difficult for them to carry. Even though the characters begin is different places, they find themselves being intertwined by the destination and the stars.
Raven and Sim are being help by Esme, a powerful witch looking
Gemma McGee
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bonecaller is book 1 in a new series by Logan Keys, I was giving a copy of this book for an honest and fair review.

The book follows Raven a girl enslaved to an evil witch Esme, Esme wants is a falling star and Raven is made to watch every night for one. The night when the star falls Raven claims the star as her own, this goes unnoticed causing a series of effects that cause Raven unknowing brought into the middle of a magical war.

While one part of the story follows Raven the other follows John
Jantine
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy through Netgalley, in return for an honest review.

Right from the start, this book made me curious. Where did the first scene fit into the rest of the story, and what is it about catching stars? The characters were very interesting, and it was wonderful to get more involved into their stories. Small steps at a time I started to fit the pieces together. I'm looking forward to more of the Bonecaller-books, since I want to know!

Sometimes the writing seemed slightly hasty after
Christinaraven
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this fantasy story. Once I started it I had to keep reading to see what would happen next. Would Raven and Sim escape? Would Sim escape his curse? Would they get a happy ending? Would someone defeat the crazy power hungry Wizard? Some of my questions were answered and some I will have to keep reading to see what happens in book 2. So for a book 1 it was a great start to a new series that kept me guessing and reading. Yes it ended in a cliff hanger but it is book 1 of a series. Just a goo ...more
kim caldwell
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, but a cliffhanger

I liked the story, characters as the world building. Just when things started getting good and tying in together,it ended! Not crazy about cliffhangers.

Stephanie Bolen
Weird and not in a good way

There was no plot structure. The writing was the exact same no matter if it was from a male pov or female. The concept may or may not have been good because the execution was so poor I can't tell. It was a bad movie rather than a book.
etherealfire
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Kindle e-book
Aviar Savijon
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caller of Bones

A grand adventure arises in the magnificent book by Logan Keys. I moved it. A book to add to your must read list.
Erth
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Kyra Halland
May 25, 2017
Tavish H MacLean
Jul 03, 2017
Sheila Goicea
I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
mypoppingthoughts
Oct 19, 2017
Jan 29, 2018
Carrie Blair
Jun 18, 2017

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Cauldron Bubble (Toil & Trouble #1)
  • Angels & Whiskey (Saddles & Racks, #1)
  • Surface Tension (Seychelle Sullivan, #1)
  • Trust (Waverly Beach Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • The Unbeliever
  • A Secret Between Friends (Between the Sheets, #1)
  • Stolen and Forgiven (Branded Packs #1)
  • Wild Heart (Dartmoor Big Cat Brides Book 1)
  • The Spirit (Spirit Trilogy, #1)
  • Whisper
  • Forbidden Blood (Forbidden #1)
  • Bloody Mary (Jack Daniels Mystery, #2)
  • The Vampire's Passion
  • Soul Warrior (The Age of Kali, #1)
  • Crossing Into The Mystic (The Crossings Trilogy, #1)
  • Trapped (Afraid, #2)
  • Hell's Chapel (Caith Morningstar, #1)
Logan Keys says she’s not so much a writer as she is a soothsayer and preparer for those who are still blissfully unaware. Her stories aren’t dystopian but rather a warning for the next generation. When she’s not writing zombies, vampires, superheroes, and robots, she’s fighting against government over-reach and oligarchy using military tactics mixed with a little bit of poetry.

Logan’s currently