Start by marking “Vaster Than Sky, Greater Than Space: What You Are Before You Became” as Want to Read:
Vaster Than Sky, Greater Than Space: What You Are Before You Became

Vaster Than Sky, Greater Than Space: What You Are Before You Became

Brilliant Illuminations for Awakening to the Absolute

What if all that you believe yourself to be—your body, mind, emotions, and conditioning—is actually what you are not? What if this is merely a self-portrait shaped by false identification, habit, and assumptions?
In ever-growing gatherings across India and Portugal, the revered teacher Mooji has for decades opened the
Published December 1st 2016 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Vaster Than Sky, Greater Than Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vaster Than Sky, Greater Than Space

Start your review of Vaster Than Sky, Greater Than Space: What You Are Before You Became
Afonso Matos
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
A book to read with one's heart. The teaching of Self-Inquiry is presented with much beauty and simplicity. It's written in a beautiful way. The words used here touch one's heart and invite the reader to shift attention to the presence instead of personhood. This alone will shatter all illusions and bring one to Truth.
Phil Calandra
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
"Vaster Than Sky, Greater than Space" gives an excellent explanation of the Advaita Vedenta Philosophy and specifically the Self-Inquiry Method. The main thrust of this philosophy is that we are not what we think we are in terms of our body and emotions but through constant questioning ourselves we can "awaken" to something greater- our true Self.
Em
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to expand their idea on the Self and what that truly means. It was a brilliant read on how interconnected we all are and, without judgement, explained how to disconnect ourselves from the "person" and our Truth. This book was given to me by a friend (without knowing much about Mooji beforehand) and I'm walking away from this read with much admiration for Mooji and his beautiful perception on life.
Cori Hall
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book gives you permission to just be.
It's freeing and thoughtful, with room to make your own interpretations.
Michelle Alcoriza
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been following Mooji's teachings for the last 3 years and has made such a huge impact on my perception of life. With the direct pointing to the truth and guidance to self-discovery, I'm forever thankful to Mooji's teaching. It's straightforward and easy to understand, keep an open mind and heart then see for yourself the discovery of your own beautiful divine expression. Namaste!
Susana Filipe
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro é fantástico: profundamente simples, convida à experiência directa do Ser. ~
Mooji tem a enorme capacidade de colocar o foco naquilo que nem sempre conseguimos verbalizar e fá-lo do modo claro, engraçado e carinhoso pelo qual é já conhecido.
Caroline
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This gem of a book came at a right time, when I needed answers to address some challenges. Mooji's wisdom shines bright and the cover speaks to me so intensely. I am grateful to Mooji, the Sangha and Sounds True for providing me with such a gift.
Èlia Viader
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He is so... His words, his explanations... Any words are not enough.

"Before I am" was the first book I read and meant a complete change in my life's perspective. As a vedanta zen master, he teaches perfectly about peace, real love, liberation and so many concerns we go through.
Manuela
Rating will come later❤️
Silent Rebel
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Final Truth, this book is so pure and beautiful💎. I highly recommend for people searching the Final Freedom💎🦋💙
Cherie
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Little gems that make you think you are at a satsang in Rishikesh.
Nader Taghinia
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
One of those books that touched my heart from the very start...I had listened to Mooji on Youtube but never had read his books. It was a really great read...powerful and deeply touching...loved it!
Justin
Aug 02, 2019 added it
Didn't resonate with me
Nancy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mooji is trying to pry us away from our usual way of perceiving ourselves, so that we will be free to express our Higher Selves.
Miguel
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um excelente livro sobre a procura do Ser. O autoquestionamento segundo o guru do guru de Mooji, Sri Ramana Maharshi.
O livro está muito bem escrito, não sendo a mensagem nova para quem já leu sobre o assunto. Tudo se encaminha para a meditação (atenção que este termo nunca é sequer abordado no livro) e para o desapego do ego. Estamos constantemente a referir-nos a nós, sem nos apercebermos de que o "nós" não passa de uma imagem falsa projectada pelo ego, através da mente.
Recomendo.
Brian Wilcox
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As is evidenced in Mooji's The Mala of God, Mooji integrates a devotional receptivity I find absent in much nonduality. My having a devotional orientation, after being nurtured in devotional religion, I appreciate this aspect. Persons who sense a need to express a religiousness within nonduality might find Mooji to be a welcome contrast to much other nonduality teaching. Simply put, for Mooji, the Absolute expresses as That we may sense a felt-desire to worship. Jean Kleine, likewise, recognizes ...more
Sara
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ho scoperto Mooji grazie alle sue meditazioni guidate, che mi hanno riscaldato il cuore e commosso.

Come molti altri maestri spirituali ha la sua Verità con la v maiuscola e la predica nel migliore dei modi possibili: con semplicità e immediatezza.

La sua, infatti, è così efficace che deprogramma e riprogramma i sistemi di credenza. Perciò attenzione.
Forse non è un caso che nel libro si usino metafore e termini simili, come sistema, computer e programma. Molto pericoloso per una persona che sta af
Bärbl
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the insights offered in this book. For example noticing our cultural conditioning, recognizing that the person is not who we really are ect. I enjoyed "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle who also talks about these things but Mooji is more eloquent and dives deeper into the mystery of consciousness. Very worth while read for those who are spiritual seekers.
ms lesley a hallissey

• Who Am I?: The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi
  • Falling Into Grace: Insights on the End of Suffering
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • The Bhagavad Gita
  • Sometimes Brilliant: The Impossible Adventure of a Spiritual Seeker and Visionary Physician Who Helped Conquer the Worst Disease in History
  • Kali: The Black Goddess of Dakshineswar
  • Tantric Kali: Secret Practices and Rituals
  • Sufism: An Introduction To The Mystical Tradition Of Islam
  • Wicca For One: The Path Of Solitary Witchcraft
  • I Am That I Am: A Tribute to Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
  • From Amma's Heart - Conversations with Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi
  • The Radiance Sutras
Mooji is a true light in this world, whose presence, wisdom and loving guidance points us to who we are beyond the limitations of our conditioning and identity. Since 1999, Mooji has been sharing Satsang with seekers in search of the direct experience of Truth. In these open interactions, he introduces the direct path to freedom through self-inquiry and The Invitation, the most effective aids for ...more

News & Interviews

“PURE OBSERVING WITHOUT SELF-INTEREST IS WHAT CHARACTERIZES THE SELF.” 2 likes
“It’s natural that things go wrong sometimes—they go wrong so that they can go right.” 1 likes