Jump to ratings and reviews

Potty Training in 3 Days: The Step-by-Step Plan for a Clean Break from Dirty Diapers

Help toddlers ages 1 to 3 go from dirty diapers to using the potty in just 3 days!
Ditch the diapers in no time with this step-by-step plan. Filled with expert advice accrued over thousands of cases, this potty training book makes it easy to get your child to start using the toilet. This guide covers everything you need to know, from prepping for your potty training weekend to supporting and encouraging your child once they’ve made it through the three days.
Go beyond other potty training books
Say bye-bye to diapers with Potty Training in 3 Days .

112 pages, Kindle Edition

4 books2 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 330 reviews
Profile Image for Diana.
1,475 reviews5 followers
February 21, 2017
The best thing about this book is the fact that it's actually short enough for a busy parent to read! With simple techniques and advice for parents and caregivers, this is one that's easy to recommend. My only complaint is the use of the word "sh*tty" at several points. I know she was trying to be humorous and making a pun, but I didn't care for the foul language, and I'm sure there are other parents out there who would agree with me. For the second edition, I recommend changing it to "crappy" or "poopy." It'll make the same impact and offend fewer people.
Profile Image for Cathy.
1,493 reviews36 followers
December 19, 2017
So, it's that time, potty training our youngest. Our older two are girls, but the youngest is a boy, so I thought I'd try out a book about potty training for any help I can get.
I thought that this book had a lot of good information. The author did a good job with that part of the book. And I guess it is her job after all. One thing that kind of bugs me about this book though, is that the author gets in lots of little digs at parents. Things like they aren't smart enough to pick a potty seat for their child, so she brings one when she trains children. Or the way she pretty much says that her way is the only way to potty train. Not true, I suspect there are as many ways as there are children. The tone of the book that way bugged me just a bit.
I don't know if this is the best book on the subject, my guess would be not. But if you're just looking for information, this one has that. And am I planning to use all of her suggestions, no, not really. But I do plan to use some of them.
Profile Image for Michelle Henderson.
99 reviews3 followers
March 23, 2019
We used this method to potty train and it really worked like a dream. You have to be willing to commit and follow it to the letter, but it seriously only took 3 days!
Profile Image for Rayan.
25 reviews2 followers
April 16, 2018
After a couple of potty training attempts and failing miserably at them, I knew I needed some guidance. And of course, the nerd in me wouldn't ask for help from other people with experience in potty training, I had to get a book. And this was the one! it was VERY VERY VERY helpful. I STUDIED it a week before starting the process, got everything I need from stickers to candies and all, then revised it again one day before we started to make sure I don't mess up.
So yeah, Saif was successfully potty trained in 3 days :)
Profile Image for Elisabeth Manley.
492 reviews6 followers
April 16, 2022
I can’t give this 5* until I actually put it into practice and see if it works. Also I will say some of the wording came off as judgy of other parents or styles which I didn’t love so lost a star. As with all parenting books I read them to take what I want and leave what doesn’t work for me. But everything in this book is something you can easily do and follow. It’s very short, 100 pages, I read it start to finish during naptime today. I’m someone who likes step by step instructions and lists, concrete Dos and Donts, which I appreciated from this. I’m sure it doesn’t work for every kid, but I feel more prepared with a plan now. Wish us luck.
Profile Image for Brittany.
290 reviews6 followers
November 11, 2020
I don’t want to discourage people from buying and using this book as a reference for potty training. However, I do want to encourage people to read something else in addition to this book.

The pros: teaches you to potty train in a short amount of time, gives many tips and a plan of action.

The cons: The tone of the book is condescending at times, she does encourage as well but the patronizing tone really bugged me. In my opinion, her method promotes hard to break bad habits in favor of potty training. She highly encourages a food reward which I just know would have ended very badly for my toddler, I’ve also heard from some moms who’ve done potty training that the child starts to think they go to the bathroom for a chocolate chip, not because that’s what we are supposed to do as we get older. She also suggests filling your child up with beverages to keep having opportunities for teachable moments... if your child is truly ready I don’t think this is necessary and again this develops a bad habit because she suggests fruit juices and etc to keep the drinks interesting. My son doesn’t drink juice on normal occasions and I can only imagine what filling him up with fruit juice for 3 days would do for his sense of entitlement (lol). The worst con though, she made a point to say the longer you wait to potty train your child, the more set in their ways they will be and the harder to detach them from their diaper. There are actually studies that say the opposite, that waiting until your child is ready will make the process much easier and quicker. This is why I encourage others to buy another book in addition to this one, preferably one written by a pediatrician or child psychologist. It’s not to discredit Brandi Brucks or the doctor that wrote the foreward, but in hindsight I really wish I would have seen another point of view to potty training.

With all that said, I know this method has worked for some people. Be prepared for it to possibly take longer than 3 days, because if your child isn’t ready, it’s going to be pretty hard to force it on them, method or not.

I would recommend this to anyone who has a child who is 100% ready, who meets all the “signs of readiness”, if you are unsure and not in a rush (some people need to potty train In order for their child to go to school) I would absolutely suggest you buy another book for cross reference. 2.5/5
Profile Image for Molly.
177 reviews34 followers
July 21, 2020
I feel like I fell for an MLM. I feel bad that this book caused me so much self-flagellation. I turned to this book in desperation and ended up ignoring my own instincts and knowledge about my child. I was amped to start this book and then slowly realized 1 size does not fit all. My kid kind of hates the toilet seat she recommended and actually likes to mix it up with big potty and little potty. She is super interested in seeing what she creates, and can’t do that in a big potty. She did not respond to me at all when would say “tell me when you need to go.” I would mix it up, but she just got annoyed with me. I also think she was annoyed that her normal routine of Sesame Street in the morning was messed up because no screens allowed.

I have more gripes about this book, especially the judgy tone. There were some tips that proved useful, and we bagged up all her diapers which was successful. But there’s a feeling you get while reading that if your kid doesn’t get it, the problem is with the parents. She even goes so far as to suggest that your child might have developmental delays if they don’t get it after 3 days. Not a great look.

If you want to be encouraged and have it reinforced that you know your kiddo best, don’t read this book.
Profile Image for Kuleigh.
178 reviews33 followers
February 16, 2021
I didn't want to rate or review this book until we had some time to test it out. Luckily a very cold and rainy holiday weekend made for the perfect 3 days to attempt potty training a very active 2.5-year-old. I love how short this book is! It was easy for me (and my husband) to read in a day during naptime. We prepared a few weeks ahead and bought a realistic-looking potty seat insert, lots of stickers, and small treats like jellybeans and gummy bears. The author prepared me mentally as a parent for how committed I needed to be to combat a headstrong toddler. Day 1 felt like a disaster but my kiddo had never felt the sensation of peeing outside of a diaper so it was to be expected. On day 2 we had a couple of accidents but generally, she was less scared of the toilet. By Day 3 we were accident-free and she was telling us she needed to go to the bathroom or just running to the toilet to take care of her business herself! Proud parent over here. I know each family is different, but this method really did work for us. I'm sure we'll still have accidents- especially as we venture out of the house and back to the park or in stores, but I am feeling much more hopeful than I was going into it.
Profile Image for Divyesh Patel.
40 reviews2 followers
May 9, 2020
Very quick read and easy to understand. Can read it in 1-2 sittings. The directions from the book are very clear. Our kid is finally potty trained! Some accidents here and there, but for the most part we are officially done with diapers!

FYI the whole process DEFINITELY takes more than 3 days, but the discipline that you adapt to in the first three days is very crucial to the whole process to get you and your child in the right mindset.

Very highly recommended for anybody looking to pottytrain their little one.
Profile Image for Jean.
313 reviews
January 15, 2020
I haven't tried the method yet. I will update on my child's success in a couple of weeks. The layout of this method was very straight forward and offered easy Dos and Don'ts for potty training success. This was a very quick read which is key for any busy, tired parent.

Update: My daughter got the concept by day four so I’d say this was a success. She still has accidents randomly, but overall two weeks in and she is doing great! My motto of 2020 is: Let me know when you have to pee or poop.
July 18, 2018
Working so far.

We are now on day 3 of potty training. So far, our daughter has told us each time she needed to poop, and today, she has started to tell us when she needs to pee. We are right on track with the book schedule. 7/18/2018 5:11 on CT.
Profile Image for Mollie.
73 reviews2 followers
March 2, 2017
The method works! And I loved that it was a quick read with clear steps laid out.
Profile Image for Bren.
55 reviews
June 8, 2019
Loved that this is such a quick read. I gleaned a lot from it. I’m handing it off to my husband to read before we start potty training officially. Wish us luck!
Profile Image for Layton.
6 reviews
February 25, 2023
Like all other reviewers, I loved that this was a quick, concise book. We used most of the recommendations but tailored it a little to our parenting style, and potty training appears to be going really well for us! Because it’s so brief, this book doesn’t cover unique situations or challenges. I’m guessing for most parents, this book would cover all you need for success in potty training.
Profile Image for Mandy.
40 reviews1 follower
June 2, 2017
I found this book to be a quick, easy read and a good kickstart to potty training. Basically all it says is stick your kid in underwear and pay a whole lot of attention to them, but it works. Was my kid trained in 3 days? No, but we stayed home and did this for a 4 day weekend which was a good start before going back to daycare. Three weeks later, he's down to around one accident a day and asks to go on his own somewhat regularly. Now, how to stop the candy...
Profile Image for Amy Balaich.
239 reviews28 followers
August 14, 2022
This book was quick, straightforward and helpful. I gave 4 stars because there were some questions I came away with unanswered. And I have yet to test out her methods so I guess my real review is TBD…
Profile Image for Kerri.
1,036 reviews15 followers
Read
October 23, 2022
I feel exhausted already just reading this but it’s time to start being serious about this. Wish me luck, I’ll rate it after I put it to the test!
Profile Image for Arnaud.
363 reviews4 followers
June 12, 2018
Good stuff!

It was a super quick and easy read for me. Steps are explained succinctly and adequately enough that I feel confident it'll be easy to apply once we get started with our little one :-) we'll be ready for it in three weeks :D
Profile Image for Robyn.
33 reviews
April 22, 2023
I read this after I read “Oh Crap…” and feel like it’s a great complement to each other. Both are of similar potty training techniques but each with a slightly different style. I feel as ready as I can going into PT.
Profile Image for Lacey.
3 reviews
May 19, 2019
I am more terrified of potty training than I ever was, but hopefully it will work and I won’t have to change any more diapers.
Profile Image for Amy Holodak.
114 reviews2 followers
Read
September 17, 2021
I'm excited to put this to work and will write a review after we've gone through it with our son. Send prayers.
June 7, 2022
You can tell the author wrote this for busy parents reading between dirty diapers and demands for attention and focus by tiny humans. Could easily pick up and read a few pages at a time before I was told, “Come in, momma!” Wish me luck—the potty training starts soon.
Profile Image for Emily.
791 reviews19 followers
July 30, 2022
It’s hard to rate this because I haven’t tried it yet, but it was quick and informative for us to start thinking about fall potty training. Hoping the method works. 🤞🏼
Profile Image for Megan DeLong.
Author 3 books7 followers
April 18, 2023
not as daunting

I haven’t started potty training yet but am hoping to try this weekend! This book made it seem way less daunting. I’ll edit my review after the weekend 🤣
Profile Image for Ruthie.
12 reviews1 follower
June 29, 2020
Loved this book! It was very straight forward and a quick read.
Profile Image for Amanda.
437 reviews9 followers
November 6, 2021
I really liked this book. I liked the writing style, how it was simple and easy to follow, and the plan she laid out. We didn’t exactly follow the steps as we had already started potty training when I finished reading the book, but was able to use a lot of the verbiage to assist!
Profile Image for Gabi.
188 reviews
January 20, 2022
Well I’ll say this. I read this book this morning and because of the freezing weather (being stuck inside)I thought let’s do this. It’s time. It’s past time. And I used her techniques and had my first success ever today after so many failed attempts at potty training. 2 out of 3 kids out of diapers now!!! Wooooo
Displaying 1 - 30 of 330 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.