Start by marking “The Last Time I'll Write About You” as Want to Read:

That my only idea
Of love
Is
You?
Published November 5th 2016 by Indie Sisiw (first published 2016)

Neil (or bleed)
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Lang Leav-ish.

And I don't like Lang Leav's poems.
[Shai] Bibliophage
Reading the verses in this book reminds me of Lang Leav's poems because of the theme and style of writing of Dawn Lanuza. Those who had recently broke up and still in the phase of trying to move on, they can be able to relate to the poems in this collection.
The Last Time I'll Write About You
However, as for someone who isn't experiencing that unfortunate situation, I believe that some of the poems are a bit bland because they lack the emotion that they want to assert.
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you Andrews McMeel Publishing for providing a copy in exchange for an honest review

The Last Time I'll Write About You is a good poetry collection. It centers on love, break-ups and recovery from a broken relationship. The poems are simple and relatable. I must admit some of them are common and not as striking as I've thought, it's still a nice go-to poetry read.
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I'm a huge fan of Dawn Lanuza and I inhale her books like crack, but for some reason, I still struggle when I'm reviewing her books. Probably because I'm finding it hard to put my ~feels~ into words. I think a lot of reviewers are with me on this. But I'll try to summon all the words I can get to show how I adore this book.

description

If you have been following me or my blog, you'll know that I have read and reviewed Dawn Lanuza's previous books here on the blog and I loved every one of them. That's why I w
Thomas Clairmont
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book, It was a really fast read and even if it is hard I think everyone who just broke up probably need to read it.
I didn't particularly felt a connection with all the things written in it but one in particular got my attention, and I actually stared at this page for at least 10 mins. Here it is :

STILL

My favorite part of waking up at night
Is realizing that you're holding me
That somehow, our subconscious
Found a way to keep us linked:

Arms around my waist
Thighs inter
Hristina
I really liked it, but it didn't really grasp me by the feelings and twisted them with every word, like other poetry does. I don't know why, I'll give it another try soon.
diannarhys
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arcs, poetry
2.5/5 stars
ARC provided by Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing in exchange for an honest review
TRUTH
You read these things
And you ask the world,
Why doesn't it happen
To someone like you?

Deep in your heart
You know the answer:
It's because you don't let it.

Since this kind of poetry has been the trend lately, what I look for is something that would shine from the rest. A lot of books I've read lately seem to be patterned after Kaur or Leav, except for The Witch Doesn't Burn in this One, whic
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

SUNBEAM

You light up the room
You're a rush of blood
You're a ray of sun
You lighten me up.

My sister is a poetry reader, she has a quaint collection of them. I've tried to read some of it, but I couldn't get into them except for The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan. Most of it sing about unrequited love, or any form of romantic infatuation, I remain to be unbothered. I guess, which is weird, because I don’t mind
Herward James
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Can't even believe that this is getting high ratings. I don't mean to be rude, but this is a piece of drivel.

I'll tell you why:

- Poems are Lang Leav-esque, and Leav's poems are infamously terrible.
- Lacking significant literary devices. This better be slapped on greeting cards, and not in bookpapers.
- Clichéd and repetitive. Themes from the collection were already rehashed by contemporary poets before. This doesn't offer new/fresh perspective.
- Is this a poetry or prose (musings)? Because most o
Marty :} (thecursedbooks)
Reminded me of first love and the angst that usually comes with it, but didn't impress all that much. It was nice, yeah, but rather simplistic.
Romie
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely the kind of poetry I want to read, the kind I can relate to, the kind that speaks to me and make me think.

It's not pompous, not too flowery, it's just the truth of what Dawn Lanuza went through and I don't think you need more to make a good poetry collection. You need poems sharing the honest truth, however ugly or beautiful it is, simply the truth.

I'm so interested in reading more of this author's work now!

AURORA

You can keep ignoring me
But I will not live in the shadows
I am
Karlita | Tale Out Loud
I've heard about Dawn Lanuza even before she was published by Andrews McMeel. With a striking title for a collection of poems, The Last Time I'll Write About You delved in with the topic of first love and heartbreak.

In Hindsight
Darkness is a friend
We've been long acquainted
It was nice knowing your light
But I could not be mended.

Sadness is a cloak
I wear around my shoulders
You let the sun soak
On my skin to recover.

But the dark, it remains
And you were slowly fading
You bring the sun,
Keep beating.
Keep breaking.
Keep falling in love.

3 stars.

This was okay? While I did like a few of the poems, I've just found that I like poems more that are about social justice issues (feminism, mental health, etc.), rather than romance.
Catherine
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was an okay read. It really didn't stick much and I think I only liked 1 or 2 poems.
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Actual rating: 3.5

First off, I had really HIGH expectations because blogger friends rated this 5 stars. And this is definitely a really good start for an author's first ever poetry collection! I think I just expected to get really intense feels but most of my feelings varied from poem to poem and some were "OOHHH YASSS" to "hm okay, next." I guess I also couldn't relate fully except for several poems here and there (which may have something to do with how I've never been in any kind of romantic
Kim
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was excited when I saw screenshots of the book on Twitter, it seemed interesting. And then I read the book. There's a reason I keep seeing the same poems from different posts and it's because those are the only ones that are actually good.

It's too reminiscent of Lang Leav and I hate Lang Leav. Good thing this was released as an eBook or else it would be such a waste of paper.
Helly
Nov 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Oh my god. This was so bad. Lacked originality and fire in the verses. The same old whining about a person who prolly is an asshole.
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Centered on heartbreak, sadness and moving on. Very relatable poems. I loved this collection!

How many times do I have to break my heart before I get it right?

MYSTERY SOLVED

I think you loved me
And I loved you
But we never really did

At the same time.
Krissy
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, poetry, netgalley, ebooks
"How many times do I have to break my heart before I get it right?"
This is another one of those poetry collections that really hit me where it hurts. In my opinion, a book is only good if it made you FEEL something. Well written and relatable. Loved it.
Asiyah Amin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well I'm officially completely over my divorce after this read lol. Took about 20 minutes to get through it
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the Publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing!

The Last Time I’ll Write About You
is Dawn Lanuza’s first poetry collection and I loved it! The Last Time I’ll Write About You is a poetry collection about first love and the break up afterwards. This is the perfect collection because all the poems are so relatable.

The Last Time I’ll Write About You is such a beautiful poetry collection. I’m
Divine Anas
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it

Heartbreak never really was my thing, sadly, as well as poetry.

Honestly, this was more of an unfamiliar territory for me and for the most part, I like swimming through this kind of stuff BUT I can't really say it hits "right in the feels". This book for me is flavored in contrasting tastes. I liked the segmented and offbeat rhythm the poems have but sometimes it comes off bland and troublesome. The words, however, are cut raw in the flesh of the pages unfiltered and edgy. I think that's the magi

Daniela

Why doesn’t it happen
To someone like you?

Deep in your heart,
You knew the answer:
It’s because you don’t let it.

Some poems really resonated with me, others were just okay. However, this a quick, enjoyable read
that I'd totally recommend.
Dayna ✨
May 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebooks
Forced and unoriginal, it felt like something I'd read on a pre-teens Tumblr page.
Jazz Keep Reading
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
every page makes me think of someone. this book have the words i am longing to say. truly a treasure.
Marwa Eletriby
Jun 24, 2018 added it
Shelves: شعر
when did we become such a bad idea ?
was i a secret not worth sharing ?
or
was i fact not worth telling ?
Elisha Hollis
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never knew I needed this book until I read it.
Kirsty
Dec 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
I adore poetry because it makes me think; poets often offer fascinating perspectives, and write about incredibly gritty things in eye-opening ways. With this in mind, Lanuza's collection was nothing short of terrible. The poems here are all far too simplistic, and so incredibly bland. None of them were developed enough to sustain my interest. I shall leave a few poems in their entirety below so that you can see what I mean.

'In a Nutshell':
"I'm not brave enough to love you
The same way
You're not s
Aya Lehg
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Somehow ,this book is relatable💙💔
And here's my favorite quote :" Despite everything
I still thank the universe
For blessing me with you
As my first
If I could love you this much
For this long
— And on my first try —
Then surely,
I could love someone else more
Far better,
Far longer."
Ingrid
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
** An ARC is generously provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review **

My 2 star rating is because I personally did not connect with it. This book is a poetry book focusing mostly on break ups. I picked this book up because I have previsously gone through break ups, so I assumed I would feel a connection to this book. Sadly that was not the case for me. However I do think people that are currently going through a break up, might enjoy this.

I think the concept of focusing the book on br
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Better At Weddings Than You (Chic Manila, #9)
  • Beginner's Guide: Love and Other Chemical Reactions
  • All's Fair in Blog and War
  • Sisters' Entrance
  • The Rules of Rebellion
  • Prom Queen Perfect
  • Christmas With You: A feel-good holiday romance anthology
  • Social Misfits
  • Wild Kisses (Wilder Irish, #6)
  • The Long Road Home
  • Incrusted: Hiding The Demon Within (Warepire Reverse Harem Romance, #1)
  • Blinding Night (Blinding Night #1)
  • Be a Unicorn and Live Life on the Bright Side
  • Supernatural Slayer (Supernatural Slayer #1)
  • The Underlighters
  • Saving Death
  • Breaking Up Is Hard To Do... But You Could've Done Better
  • Worlds of You: Poetry & Prose
Dawn Lanuza writes contemporary romance, young adult fiction and prose poetry. She has two first loves – music and writing – and is lucky enough to surround herself with them. She currently lives with her family and a very loved cream toy poodle.

She sometimes blogs at dawnlanuza.com.
“Was I a secret not worth sharing
Or
Was I a fact not worth telling?”
11 likes
“I’m not brave enough to love you
The same way
You’re not strong enough to take me on.”
8 likes