Start by marking “Daring Fate (Silver Tip Pack, #1)” as Want to Read:
Daring Fate (Silver Tip Pack, #1)

Daring Fate

(Silver Tip Pack #1)

We all have tragic backstories in today's world.

I wake up chained to the wall of a dark cell aware of two things: I failed my sister, and I smell my enemy.

When I’m taken to meet Dare, the alpha of the Silver Tip pack, I’m sure I’m about to lose my throat. The last thing I expect is for the Alpha to recognize me as his fated mate. No way is he going to let me go now, and I
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 313 pages
Published November 14th 2016 by Megan Erickson

To ask other readers questions about Daring Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daring Fate

Start your review of Daring Fate (Silver Tip Pack, #1)
Judith
Nov 23, 2016 added it
No Rating.DNF @ 61%.

I wanted to love this.I haven't read any solo books by this Author but have absolutely loved her writing with Santino Hassell.
I don't know if it's just because I've read a few shifter/pnr books recently but this really wasn't doing it for me.

I haven't even finished it but can pretty much predict the outcome.I wasn't feeling the thing between Reese and Dare at all and even the sex scenes did nothing for me.

Megan Erickson
Oct 07, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
**Now available**

I took my love of Underworld and The Walking Dead and made a book baby. It's sexy and kinda snarky and I hope you dig it.

If you want to be notified when this book releases and get up-to-date news on all of my books, you can sign up for my newsletter here. Thanks!
Gigi
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-shifters, arc
This is not your mother's Male/Male Romance Wolf Shifter book.

Review soon!
Dia
2,5 stars rounded to 3
Related image

It seems I'm in the minority here, but I couldn't quite get to love this story. I had high hopes about this one as I adore all Megan Erickson's books written with Santino Hassell.

There are some things that didn't work for me, but mostly the insta-love-bond, the miscommunication between the MC and some childish discussions that got me rolling my eyes. Oh and the couple didn't really convince me.

There were some parts I enjoyed and I'll admit it was an interesting world cr
Jaime
5+stars!
Immediate thoughts:
1.FAN-f*cking-Tastic
2. Shifters, Megan Style - loved them!!
3. Dystopian Reality - usually not my favorite, but I LOVED it..
4. Lots of animalistic down and dirty sex!
5. Bring on the next book!! (Yes, this is a full story..don't worry)
One of the best books I have had the pleasure of reading in 2016 - way to Go Megan!!!

Full Review:
When I saw that Megan Erickson was writing a Paranormal, Shifter - M/M story -- I was ecstatic! I expected a great book. I expected it to
Barbara➰
Reread November 2018

This just goes to show you how timing is everything. I was much more annoyed by the lack of communication and secrets this time. However, I still love it and it's a good mate story.

**Reread July 2017 in preparation for Chasing Destiny**

Okay so whatever bothered me last time did not bother me this time and I enjoyed it way more so I'm upping my rating. I absolutely LOVE Dare. He is awesome. Reese annoyed me just a wee bit but not enough that I wanted to punch him. Look
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
3.5 Stars!

Definitely a case where I need 3.5 stars. Rounding up since I didn't skim. But I can't say this one wowed me. But it was good.

Entertaining if not a bit eye roll inducing. Reese at times was reminiscent of a TSTL heroine. Lots of lack of communication which I hate.

I thought Dare could have been alpha-er. But the dirty talk was nice.

Likable secondary characters - I'm curious to read their stories.

Not a bad read but certainly not a 5 star read.
Jan
Nov 16, 2016 rated it did not like it

OMG! Did I read the same book as everyone else?

Apologies in advance if I am hurting peoples feelings but this didn't work for me.

Dare didn't convince me as an alpha.
I found Reese childish.
The instalove/mate thingy was awkward and undeveloped.

I know this is going to sound weird but sometimes I couldn't picture the MC's as guys. The male POV sounded, to me, like a female POV.
The plot was weak and the characters were shallow.
The story was boring and I have struggled to reach 60%

I normally don't ra
Catherine
Note (added 11/03/2018):

In light of recent events, I can no longer recommend this book to my friends (or any reader, for that matter).

However, my Goodreads review space provides me an opportunity to rate and review books, expressing how they made me think, feel, question, or react at a particular moment in time. Sometimes, I use my review space to share stories about my life or comment on the world around me, drawing comparisons between myself and the characters and plot lines that I read abou
Susan
Nov 17, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: mm
DNF at 62%

I don’t think Megan Erickson’s writing is for me. It seems everyone is overcome with all kinds of emotions when reading her work, and I’m either bored or completely indifferent.

With this I just couldn’t get into, and I tried and tried and tried (because you know, everyone and its mother seem to love this), but after several days of constantly putting this away, I have come to the conclusion I just don’t like the book.

I kept wanting Dare and Reese to have an actual conversation. I felt
.Lili.
IT'S LIVE!!!

AMAZON

photo image.jpg1_zps7psopdko.jpg

Megan Erickson has written my favorite shifter story to date. I love Paranormal Shifter Romance but more often than not I DNF the samples. Usually, I end up finding them cheesy. Well, there's nothing cheesy here, my friends. What we have here is an intense, gritty romance.

What I loved:

-The plot. The author created a post-apocalyptic world in which humans no longer exist. There are three species left: weres, werewolves, and noweres (which are pretty much zombie wolves). Reese is
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

My first MM shifter book and it was a huge success!!! HELLO NEW OBSESSION!! I want to read all the MM shifter books now!

I'm not a big PNR reader (though that appears to be quickly changing) and I sometimes worry that all the world building will bore me or overwhelm me, but here I was super intrigued (yeah, there are some things I'm still a bit confused about...but nothing that brought down my reading enjoyment).

Here you've got your standard werewolves...but also Weres (werewolve
Mandi Schreiner
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, m-m, fated-mate
I love Megan Erickson's books. I've enjoyed her m/f contemporary series and her m/m contemporary series. And then she told me she wrote a paranormal shifter book. Not only that, but a m/m fated-mate story. Feed yourselves family, mom is busy!

This world is set-up as shifters meet The Walking Dead. There are no humans left in the world, but three types of shifters: a werewolf, who can either be human or shift into a wolf. A were, who can be human, shift into a wolf, or be a half human/half werewol
Wendy

This book was awesome ! This is definitely one of my favorite mm shifter books.

I also liked that it was a bit different from the regular shifter stories.

In this apocaliptic world, humans no longer excist. They were wipes out a decade ago by a nasty virus.
Three different kind of creatures are left roaming this world.

The werewolves, which are like the regular werewolves we read about. They can shift to either human or wolf form. They live in packs and stay with their own kind. One of these we
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
2 Stars.....I tried, but

DNF...............

Sorry, but it is what it is. And this is not for me.

What went wrong for me.....well,

1.Reese, I kind of did not like him. He was YA and childlike.
2.The I will let you fu** ...me....but, I won't trust you game.
3.The bad guy, okay I knew who he was from the beginning.
4.The plot did not hold my attention. More sex than plot :-(
5. The world building. Well, I did not feel it. Not like I expected, this writer is so loved by so many readers that I expected t
Natasha
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WELL, THIS WAS AWESOME.

#TeamBay #TeamNash #TeamDare

Fun, exciting, great writing, and impossible to put down. Super hot scenes with great dialogue.
Dare was obviously my favorite. Well, and Bay, but this isn't his book, so he'll have to wait his turn.

My cold little heart broken when we met Nash. And then when--YOU KNOW.

Did I mention this was super hot?

Book 2, pls!

*off to read more shifty books*
BWT (Belen)
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction
Overall I enjoyed it, but the miscommunication nearly did me in a couple of times. Though it's well written and the reader can totally see the thought process behind Reese doing what he does...which makes up for a lot. But...this is definitely one of those times a simple conversation could have prevented a lot of heartache.

But, like I said, in the end I enjoyed it and I'll look forward to Bay's story next.
Alisa
Review removed because the author may have supported/encouraged another author who may have misrepresented themselves as ownvoices and accepted cash gifts from fans under potentially false pretenses.”
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

I would say for the most part, if you like shifter stories, then this definitely should be your cuppa.

What gained extra points for me here and what made this stand out from the usual fare, was the post-apocalyptic setting. Humans are extinct and Werewolves (human + wolf) and Weres (human + wolf + manwolf hybrid) struggle to survive while staving off Noweres (zombie Weres ready to attack anything living). As if life isn’t tough enough as it is, the first two races are hardly what you call
Kat Kennedy
The only reason I'm reviewing this book is to remind future Kat not to forget she's read this and try to read it again.

I was super excited about the m/m aspect of the book, only to be sorely let down.
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author*

PNR from Megan? Oooh...

I don’t often venture into PNR and when I do, it’s usually from established PNR writers OR fave ones. The latter is the case here. If you’re a Megan fan like me, you’re gonna love this. If you’re a shifter rom fan, you’re gonna love this. Whatever, you’re gonna love this!

Reese was in a bad place when he met Dare. Bad, as in he was in Dare’s pack’s dungeon. As soon as they met, they both realized that they’re each other’s true mate, so it goes with
Adam

I had to think about my rating for a bit. Because while I liked 'Daring Fate' quite a lot, I didn't love it like I'd thought I would.

'Daring Fate' has a lot going for it. The book is set in a post-apocalyptic future where packs of werewolves and Weres (two different species) live in fortified settlements to defend themselves from roaming packs of undead Weres. It's a unique and entertaining twist of werewolves, dystopia, and zombies.

At first, Dare, a Were alpha, comes across as a macho
Natalia
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Hope the next one is also MM!
Ariana
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ariana by: Todd
Whey!!! What is happening here?
This is the THIRD werewolf/shifter book I've read and really enjoyed.

It helps if you love the author who is writing the book. Sure. But in the end it is the characters and story that decide whether you like a book or not. And that certainly happened here.

Megan Erickson draws a dystopian world which - after humans became extinct - is populated by a range of shifting creatures: weres, werewolves and noweres, the latter being a deadly force for the other two races. T
Meags
4 Stars

Megan Erickson’s first foray into paranormal romance was a raging success (IMHO).

This M/M shifter story is set in a brutal and disturbing post-apocalyptic world, where a deadly virus has extinguished the human race, and all that remains are three types of shifters – werewolves, Weres and Noweres (zombie Weres).

When Reese (a werewolf) is left for dead by his former pack, he and his brother, Jude, are taken in by the Silver Tip Pack of Weres. Reese has heard horror stories about the Silve
Ami
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Absolutely loved it. I was entertained from start to finish. This was one of those books where I "communicated" with my kindle.... as in I yelled at it, laughed at it, spoke out loud to the characters through it. In my opinion that is the sign of a good book.

I am not an action thriller lover at all. This book had action but I was not bored. Usually I skim through action sequences but not here. I loved all of it.

Oh boy, and it was sexy. I have two sexy requests from this book. One maj
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Overall book rating: 4 I loved this stars
Audio book: n/a
Book cover: 4 Stars
MC1: Dare
MC2: Reese

description

I love a good shifter book and if it's different and good I love it even more. The thing about paranormal writing is that you can go your own way there's no lines or rules to follow. Most writers stay in the box of the norm when thy write about wolf shifters same old shit just a different angle, but then once in a while you get a writer like Megan Erickson who's not afraid to go way out and design

• The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Captive Mate (Mismatched Mates #2)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Wolves of Black Pine  (The Wolfkin Saga #1)
  • Dragon's Hoard
  • Exhale (Flesh and Bone, #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Without Reservations (With or Without #1)
  • Just the Tip
  • The Vampire's Club: Book One (The Vampire's Club #1)
  • Blue Mountain (Pack #1)
  • Poisonwood (Poisonwood & Lyric #1)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • King of the Dark (The Prince's Assassin #1)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • The Freshman
  • Lucien (The Marchesi Family, #1)
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

Silver Tip Pack (4 books)
  • Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack, #2)
  • Defying a Legacy (Silver Tip Pack, #3)
  • Breaking His Silence (Silver Tip Pack, #3.5)