Start by marking “The Bus” as Want to Read:
The Bus

The Bus

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Už se vám někdy stalo, že jste nasedli do autobusu a vysedli někde jinde, než jste chtěli? Zaručujeme vám, že podobný pocit zažijete pokaždé, když otevřete tuto knihu!

Přijíždí dopravní prostředek z jiného vesmíru – autobus nezná hranice prostoru, času ani fantazie!

Stripy Paula Kirchnera zvané autobus vycházely pravidelně v legendárním americkém komiksovém časopise Heavy Me
Published March 12th 1987 by Ballantine Books (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bus

Sandy
Mar 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic
This came out when I was heavily into my campus bus driving days. It's surreal but if you've ever commuted or driven a bus, it'll make you laugh. I secretly posted a few pages around the driver's lounge and in the mechanics' shop and everybody loved them. The mechanics really loved the one with the bus posing as a pin-up from a calendar. We probably all needed to get out more. I still have it and it still makes me laugh.
Ryan
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a daily bus rider I loved this book. The collection of strips covering the absurd and mundane of transit riding make this collection a joy to read. Wonderfully drawn, at times bordering on the surrealistic, this book hit the mark.
Teehutari
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just love The Bus! You never know what will happen next.
Dan
Apr 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
More thoughtful than funny, and employing sight gags that allude to metaphysics, metafiction, surrealism and science fiction, this text frequently seems a comic book equivalent of The Twilight Zone . One of the enjoyable tensions is the ambiguity with regard to whether the bespectacled passenger or the bus is the protagonist of the strip.
Sep 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was one of the million comics my dad brought home when we were kids -- I don't know if they were intended for us or him, but my guess is both. Being a city kid, I got buses, but I remember coming across it again once in my late teens, and realizing that I hadn't fully understood all of the comics the first time around (read: bus sex).
Bruce Nordstrom
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this in the library, and I had to check it out. I am not looking forward to reading it. This book does not have any reading, so it is hard to review the text. But the events of the bald man on the bus are quite memorable, and I think I am going to buy a copy of this, and part 2. Loved this one.
Shiela Chan
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-strips
A surreal, existencial-ish comic strip without words that has something to do with the bus. Forget about taking drugs. When reading these, it's probably just like what you would experience when high. Disclaimer: Not that I've tried. I felt like I was hallucinating the entire time. Either the illustrator was high or a creative genius with weird trippy imaginations.
ElPedro
Surrealismus všedního dne. Autobus se chová jako člověk a lidé jako stroje.
Adan
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An awesome collection of surrealist comic strips centered around a city bus. I have no business liking this as much as I do.
Johanna
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
surreal mostly-wordless cartoons on the mutable reality of bus life.
Blair
Apr 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of cross hatching, and metaphisical psychological humor.
Extremely weird cartoons about buses. Very well drawn and executed. Who is this guy?
Adam Šilhan
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Většinou velmi jednoduché vypointované stripy. Pár témat je tam trochu recyklovaných, celkově velmi nápadité.
jt
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would give this more than 5 stars if possible. It's incredibly well drawn, smart and really funny.
Joel
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: not-at-durham, unc
Pure genius.
Kim
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, english, silent
Good humorous surreal North American Oubapo comics strip.
du9's review of the work is well written. http://www.du9.org/chronique/le-bus/
Sep 16, 2015
Milantropio
Oct 01, 2014
Sattva
rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2016
Gustavo
Nov 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Little Nemo in Slumberland - So Many Splendid Sundays
  • Léto na zabití (Pupíky, #6)
  • Gretchen (Zombillenium #1)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 20: Glimpses of Death (Usagi Yojimbo, #20)
  • Glacial Period