Start by marking “Deep Extraction (FBI Task Force #2)” as Want to Read:
Deep Extraction (FBI Task Force #2)

Deep Extraction (FBI Task Force #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  431 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
A pacemaker should have saved oil and gas magnate Nathan Moore's life. Instead, it provided his killer with a seemingly perfect means of execution.A bombing at one of Nathan's oil rigs days earlier indicates his death could be part of a bigger conspiracy, a web Special Agent Tori Templeton must untangle. But her first order of business is separating the personal from the p ...more
Published April 4th 2017 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Deep Extraction, please sign up.
Asteropê I don't know? Donate it? Give it as a donation to your public library (provided it's not an ARC copy)? Give it to a friend? Give it to a thrift store?…moreI don't know? Donate it? Give it as a donation to your public library (provided it's not an ARC copy)? Give it to a friend? Give it to a thrift store? You could contact the publisher and ask them, if you want. Though I think it's unfair if you'd have to pay for postage and shipping on something that was their mistake. (less)

Dawn
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A puzzle with many pieces and a story for all. Action, friendship, betrayal, love, and responsibility all are huge aspects of this book.

When Tori has to investigate the murder of a friend along with her partner she has no idea how hard this is really going to be. She is having trouble already with losing her brother, who had faith in God, to cancer. She's made him promises that she is following through on but they aren't easy.

When she meets Cole Jeffers a friend of the family she hadn't met ye
Staci
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Solid suspense novel. I loved that new details kept unfolding to keep me adjusting my point of view on who might be the villain in the story. I wasn't crazy about how Nathan was portrayed. Love the cover!
Karen
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A suspicious murder leads to a complex investigation, baffling both the FBI agents and US Marshal on the case, who are personally involved with the victim's family. The deeper they dig, the more dangerous it becomes, and the truth eludes them as everyone seems to be hiding something.

This author knows how to work a police drama very well, leaving more questions than answers as it goes on, with the suspense building up. The human drama side of the story was interesting, dealing with betrayal, bitt
Mark
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Of all the suspense authors I read, DiAnn Mills is the one I have most likely read the least of. I guess I just discovered her later.

This is the second book in the FBI Task Force Series, and the author pulled out all of the stops on this one. I like her writing style anyway, but she just seemed to outdo herself on this one. There was nothing to dislike on this one, and I didn't want to put it down. I started it on my lunch break at work, read some more on my second break, and finished the book
Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenges
Another great book by DiAnn there were so many twist incurs in this book it held my interest from the first page till the very last.
Amy
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deep Extraction was a very detailed and gripping thriller that was hard to put down for any length of time. We have a family tragedy that from the outside looks like an accident, but digging deeper the facts are coming out and suggesting murder. In steps Cole Jeffers, a US Marshall, and Tori Templeton, FBI, who both happen to be very close friends to the murder victim, Nathan Moore and his family. Those two had yet to meet, they are now meeting for the first time as a team to clear this family’s ...more
Denise Hershberger
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a great suspense/mystery. There were times when I thought I had it figured out but Mills always kept me in the dark.

Overall I liked the book but it moved kind of slow for me. I can't put my finger on why either. But I really did like the story and the characters. I liked the oil background setting because it was unique. I also liked the US Marshall partnering with the FBI for a unique spin on things.

Of course a little romance sprinkled in didn't hurt anything either. And I liked the sp
Holly
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent!!

Full Review is coming!
Madison
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
With DiAnn Mills' trademark whip-sharp writing, Deep Extraction is a suspense novel with plenty of twists and a spark of romance.

FBI Special Agent Tori Templeton is called in to investigate the murder of one of her friends, Nathan Moore. She will have to balance her desire to bring the killer to justice with her need to support her friend Sally through the grief of losing her husband. Working the case with Tori are her partner Max and US Marshal Cole Jeffers, also a friend of Nathan and Sally.
Lisa Johnson
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Deep Extraction (An FBI Task Force Novel #2)
Author: DiAnn Mills
Pages: 416
Year: 2017
Publisher: Tyndale
My rating 5 out of 5 stars.
How many times have you stayed up late to finish a story that just wouldn’t let up? Well, for me last night was just such an experience. When I found out another novel was coming from the pen of DiAnn Mills, I was ecstatic! She has many published works and I have read several of them, staying up late and reading for hours while lost in the mystery with thrills!
In
Michelle Castaneda
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes a novel falls short in plot development or character development. Diann Mills consistently excels at both. Deep Extraction by Diann Mills is the story of FBI special agent Tori Templeton and US Marshal Cole Jeffers. Personal friends of the murder victim and his family, they are called in to investigate a mysterious crime—death via hacking into the victim’s pacemaker. Many secrets are revealed, adding to the story’s intrigue, and both Tori and Cole face personal challenges as they work ...more
Stella Potts
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. DiAnn Mills did a superb job. Great plot and great characters. I loved both Tori and Cole. Wonderful job of keeping you guessing until the end. The book was not overly romantic as the romance was secondary to the story line. I will definitely read more of her books every chance I get.

I won this book in a drawing on a blog with no requirement for a review. All views are my own.
Donna
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An oil and gas CEO dies suddenly of an apparent heart attack soon after he tells his wife he wants a divorce. The autopsy reveals his pacemaker was hacked. FBI agent Tori Templeton and US Marshall Cole Jeffers are both friends with the wife and are charged with investigating the case.

I read numerous books in several genres lately that deal with hacking of electronics. Scary but totally realistic. Readers who like Christian fiction should enjoy reading the outcome of this crime drama.
Christine
Jun 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
All of Mills' books sound interesting but then I start reading and the writing is just not up to par. There are a lot of half formed sentences and what's supposed to be snappy dialog that just ends up falling flat. Good plotlines, but couldn't finish. Hopefully I remember this before I start the next one!!
Vera Godley
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I found Deep Extraction a book that captured my attention from the cracking of the spine. I know that much of our world is now controlled by computers, but truly would not have thought that a pacemaker could become an instrument for murder through hacking. My thoughts aside, the author brought so many layers into the storyline that this reader was kept wondering just who did what and my suspense was kept on edge until the very end.

The family of Nathan Moore was a loving and pretty normal family.
Martha
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Like so many of Diann Mills books, this one was filled with intrigue and suspense. It was not quite as much non-stop action, but I felt it had many threads of a story that went off to tie into the previous book. I would not read them out of order.

I really enjoyed it. It was lighter suspense, but kept me completely entertained and working to discover the bad guys. I kind of hope that in an upcoming book, we see some of the same characters again.

Rachael
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome read...more to come. I've stayed up till 1AM for this one!
Deb Haggerty
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deb’s Dozen: DiAnn Mills’ Deep Extraction is Mystery & Suspense of the Highest Caliber

Mystery & Suspense is one of my fave genres, and DiAnn Mills one of my fave authors in that genre. Deep Extraction is DiAnn’s latest in the FBI Task Force series.

You’d think a pacemaker would save someone’s life—in Nathan Moore’s case, one killed him. Special Agent Tori Templeton has a dilemma—she’s the agent on call when the death is discovered, but she is also a very good friend of Sally Moore, the vi
Beckie Burnham
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
For fast-paced romantic suspense it is hard to beat a novel by DiAnn Mills. Deep Extraction, the second installment in her FBI Task Force series, is no exception. With characters you’ll love, an action-packed plot, and a spiritual theme that touches the heart, Deep Extraction will appeal to fans of this genre. Take this book along on your next weekend getaway.

FBI agent Tori Templeton and US Marshall Cole Jeffers are called to solve their friend Nathan Moore’s death. Not only faced with the shock
Helen
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deep Extraction, book two in An FBI Task Force Series, is written by DiAnn Mills. Nathan Moore is the extremely wealthy owner of Moore Oil & Gas. One of his rigs is boomed and he is later found dead from a heart attack. As the story evolves, it becomes evident that Nathan was killed by someone tampering with the setting for his pacemaker. FBI Agent Tori Templeton is called to investigate the crime. Tori is a long time friend of Nathan and his wife, Sally.

The Moore’s son calls a family friend
Susan K
Romance, mystery, Christian faith elements, Clean
This was an interesting read. Definitely complex and lots of details. I will say at the very beginning, I couldn't quite suspend my disbelief that the two agents who were friends with the family and wife who initially was a murder suspect would be working the case. However, once the novel got going, Tori, Cole, and Max all were great characters, and loved how the case unfolded. Definitely suspenseful, and lots of intense moments. All the side char
`Candle
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deep Extraction is a great combination of suspense and romance. It truely keeps you on the edge of your seat. Add to that, the mystery of who is behind the murders, bombings, and threats and you have the best of reads by Diann Mills.

The story opens with both our heroine and hero getting calls to come to their friend's aid as her husband has been found dead and it appears to be murder. Again, I found this made the book most fascinating in that it is told from the perspective of Tori Templeton, FB
Amy Langmaack
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, netgalley, reviewed
I seem to be on a fiction kick lately. Maybe because it's my escape. Or maybe it's because I realize I need to spend some time being overtaken by the power of a story. In reality, it's probably a little bit of both. Deep Extraction by DiAnn Mills fit the bill of a story to escape in that showed me the power of a story.

I quickly devoured the first book in the FBI Task Force series - Deadly Encounter so that I could start Deep Extraction. Little did I know, I didn't need to read the first book fir
Molly
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DEEP EXTRACTION is another winner from DiAnn Mills—author of Tyndale House Publishers FBI Task Force novels. This title is the second in the series. The first title was Deadly Encounter and it is still available online

Tori Templeton is our heroine, an FBI agent with real flaws and fears she is struggling to overcome. Her partner Matt Dublin is the guy you love to hate, wearing his vitriol in plain sight from that giant chip on his shoulder. Of course there is our hero, Cole Jeffers who comes off
Jo-Anne
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, review-requested, wtr
This was a thrilling book that kept me on my toes with all the unexpected twists.

FBI Special Agent Tori Templeton and her partner, Max, were called in to investigate the death of Nathan Moore, owner of Moore Oil & Gas. Tori was a friend to Nathan and his wife, Sally, making it sometimes hard to stay in investigative mode. Especially when she wanted to help Sally through the loss of her husband. US Marshal Cole Jeffers was also working the case and was a friend of Nathan's. As the investigati
Tarah
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't know. I'm probably a little alone in this, and maybe because I wasn't in the mood for this book, but it didn't really seem up to Mills usual standard. I found it hard to follow. The writing just wasn't smooth and seemless. A lot of it was a little confusing. There was a lot going on, and sometimes that is really great, but it just didn't....mesh. Maybe it was the content. I don't love stories about affairs and cheating spouses. Maybe it was because I didn't really love any of the charact ...more
Debbie
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Deep Extraction" is a Christian romantic suspense novel. It's the second book in a series, but it's essentially a stand alone. The main characters were well-developed and acted realistically. One of the main characters was dealing with cancer, which triggered Tori's fear of getting cancer. Tori and Cole also had to deal with the emotional turmoil of having a good friend (Nathan) die and needing to uncover the secrets in his life.

Tori and Cole worked well together as a team, and I could see why
Dana Kamstra
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reviews
It’s been a little while since I’ve read one of DiAnn Mills’s novels. This book proved to me that it’s been far too long. Deep Extraction is a novel with complex characters and a plot that is equally, if not more so, complex.

From the beginning of this book to the end, I was hooked on. There are unspeakable crimes that all at once seem connected but the ties between them seem to be non-existent. Meanwhile, I got to know the characters investigating the crimes and trying to make sense of everythi
Melissa
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
DiAnn Mills is great at coming up with plots and characters that are very interesting. This one opens with a scene that will definitely grab you.
I loved how faith and questioning faith was woven into this book. Tori really questions whether there is any validity to Christianity, I like it when I character is real with their struggle.
I also liked the question of who was behind the murder. Things didn’t add up and there was so many possibilities that my mind kept going back and forth, never sure.
A
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She combines unforgettable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels.

Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards; and been finalists for the RITA, Daphne du Maurier, Inspirational Reader's Choice, and Carol Award contests. Fire

FBI Task Force (3 books)
  • Deadly Encounter (FBI Task Force #1)
  • High Treason (FBI Task Force #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Anything could happen while the dead slept. Which was why some would say a woman shouldn't tread alone through a cemetery at 2:55 on a Tuesday morning in April.” 0 likes
“A pilot who signs up to fly through the eye of a storm doesn't complain of the turbulence.” 0 likes