Start by marking “Seduction by Design” as Want to Read:
Seduction by Design

Seduction by Design

Hailey Ashton is devoted to her challenging job at the Serendipity Amusement Park. But Hailey's tough exterior hides a fragile self-image that dashes any hopes of a love life. Until a minor emergency brings her into contact with Tyler Scott.
Published March 1st 2002 by Grand Central Publishing (Formerly Warner Books) (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Seduction by Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduction by Design

Start your review of Seduction by Design
Sandra
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Hailey Ashton (Serendipity Amusement Park 'Director of Guest Relations') meets hero Tyler Scott after his 11-year-old daughter (Faith) locks herself in the ladies room after she gets stung by a bee. Hailey eventually gets the girl to come out and befriends her. Then Hailey learns that Tyler is the owner of the amusement park and her long absent boss (whom she has never met before). Tyler makes it clear very soon that he is interested in Hailey and plans to seduce her. At first Hailey is mad and
Mo
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Well this was another one with an eighties feel to it. I suppose if it was written in the eighties, that just might be the case.

Arrogant, boorish alpha male.

Younger, innocent woman who cannot see how pretty she is.

Throw in his daughter to the mix.

To me, even the "bad" SB books are not that bad.

An enjoyable enough read.
Saly
I really enjoyed Seduction by Design, it had a forceful hero Tyler who took one look at Hailey and knew he wanted her and told her he would seduce her. Overbearing you may think but the execution was good.

Hailey doesn't know her own beauty and worth, years under the shadow of a beautiful sister, the awkward teenage phase and then taking care of her parents have convinced her that she is no beauty and she has the perfect personal persona that people don't get through. She comes across Tyler when
Dee
2.5 Stars

This was originally written in the early 80's and published by Harlequin. Nice enough romance story and as usual well written but not what I would expect from SB, it's not easily recognised as her work.
*TANYA*
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Sooooo cheesy!!! Super fun filled cheese. Lol
Mareli
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful delicious book. I read it a looooooot of years ago!! Totally recommended!
Rbeey
Nov 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Heyyy in ever Romantic Sensuous Way..Seduction By Design is a delicious forte.,I read&listen to in October 22, 2005
SEDUCTION BY DESIGN:
Is by far....
Not for the faint of Heart..OOOH NO,nooo!
I found it sensuously reallll...,Spicey HOT & erotic! ((((ooola,la...nice!)));)
It HONESTLY affects your senses,for it's flow bursts from the Pages with POTENT fires & passions.
A refreshingly educated READ & brilliant Storyline of Love lessons.
Whose Realities are to the likes of a 4th of
Robin
An irate parent and an upset child have Hailey Ashton wishing she had any other job than the director of public relations at Serendipity Amusement Park. To make matters worse, the irate parent, Tyler Scott, turns out to be her boss whom she has never met. After the incident, Tyler requests that Hailey meet him in his office the next morning. Hailey is sure she is going to be fired. Instead, Tyler announces that he means to seduce Hailey and make her his lover. And so starts one of the dumbest ...more
Melanie♥
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, library
An old classic Sandra Brown from her category writing days.
Sorry to say this one was just too dated to make the cut.

Although I remember enjoying it when I read it many years ago, revisiting it in audio was a mistake.

The narrator kept me thinking of perms, shoulder pads and leg warmers with a nice dose of women's lib thrown in. It's a decent story, but the feel of the eighties was just overpowering.

Also not one of my favorite narrators.
Kristen
Apr 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
In Sandra Brown's Seduction by Design, she told a beautiful and classic romantic suspense in this sweet story. For Hailey Ashton, she was devoted to her challenging job at the Serendipity Amusement Park. Her fragile self-image hides behind her tough interior that dashed any chance of her love life. Until a minor emergency happened at the park, that's when she made contact with Tyler Scott.
Andrea
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Wow this book was really dated but then again I enjoyed it for a quick read. The theme of wanting to be loved instead of being pushed aside for someone else is timeless. I reconmend this book for a quick read to pass the time.
Judy Churchill
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Fluff. I guess this was the vogue in the 80s but it wouldn’t go big today. Nevertheless, the cute story unfolded in a readable way.
Aarann
3.5 stars.

Hailey is a responsible, sensible doormat. She's extremely good at her job, capable, and intelligent. She meets Tyler Scott, the owner of the amusement park she works for, and his daughter, Faith, and Tyler makes it pretty clear from the start that he intends for he and Hailey to have a relationship. Unfortunately, Hailey has a lifetime of insecurities, courtesy of her now-dead parents and her user little sister, so she keeps making mental jumps to convince herself that Tyler doesn't
Gayle
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I'm excited! Thank you, Ms. Sandra Brown and Goodreads Giveaways for the gracious gift of an autographed copy of Seduction by Design. I can hardly wait to receive, read and review!

This book was an enjoyable 'take me away' kind of experience.

At the beginning I felt that our male protagonist was boorish and forward and I wasn't going to like him..........but..........there can be no fault found with a man who loves a woman and teaches 'said' woman to love him, but to also love herself. And he's
Jenna Hackworth
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway win. Though, technically, I won another book, but this audiobook came along with it. I'll never turn away a free book!

This was a sweet love story between Hailey and Tyler. A typical, he wants her but she's shy and unsure of herself story with him having a daughter thrown in.

I definitely enjoyed this book. It was sweet and fluffy. Those are always enjoyable.

Not much else to say with regards to this except that if you want something light and
Lorma
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was a nice surprise....Loved It!!! A beautifully written short read that has everything going for it....A strong, handsome leading man in Tyler and a beautiful, smart woman who is not full of herself in Hailey...and Faith, Tyler's preteen daughter who draws them together and flourishes along with their love for each other.

A lovely love story!!!!
Jessica
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I never get bored with Sandra's books. This was the first classic love story I have read of hers and I couldn't put it down. I thought this was well written and very interesting. I am gonna have to read some of the other titles now just to see if they are as good.
Mem
Aug 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Hailey Ashton works in a Tennessee theme park. A park emergency, the result of a bee sting, results in her meeting the park's owner, Tyler Scott.
He turns her quiet life upside down with the help of his daughter.
Lita
Jan 13, 2008 rated it it was ok
Can U imagine there is still Hailey Ashton character's nowadays ?? One in a million , i guess .
Shaun Collins
Sep 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. I'll preface this by saying I'm well aware that not books/genres can be all things to all people, and perhaps my personal tastes simply don't mesh well with certain tropes of "the romance" novel.

But having said that, I enjoy reading about relationships and people and yes, I like a good romance story.

But I don't think this was one.

The male lead, who is supposed to be dangerously dreamy, came across to me as controlling, domineering, and borderline abusive. He puts his hands on the heroine in
S.J. Tyson
I have read many books by Sandra Brown in the past, and upon reading this one I immediately recognized it as an earlier work (it was, in fact, originally published in 1983). My initial reaction was it felt like a Harlequin Romance type story, which I later found out it was. It was originally published as a paperback with Harlequin in 1983. It's short, and not particularly deep. The story did improve at the end, but in the beginning it was nothing more than a man sexually pursuing a woman, ...more
Tessa
May 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book took me forever to actually finish. The beginning of this story had me completely captivated, mainly because of the location that it is set in. However, the middle of this book is completely awful. The ending picked back up and was actually decent. Just not one of her better books in my opinion.
Also, Hailey is a prude and I hated her character. Ellen was a spoiled brat and I hated her even worse. Tyler was a conceited, obsessive, on some point even abusive and I couldn't stand his
Primadonna
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Okay, early 80s... when a woman saying no would be considered "maybe" or "yes".

So... between 1-2 stars, I think.

I find the male protagonist creepy. He kinda redeemed himself nearing the end, but most of the time I grimaced and yelled, "No, no!" while reading this.

Ellen irks me. Seems like people like her won't learn her lesson.
Alasandra Alawine
Aug 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
No means yes.

Really this book is full of outrageous things. First he is her boss, but supposedly it's not sexual harassment when he flat out tells her he wants to have sex with her. Then we aren't supposed to be enraged that when she says NO, he just ignores her.

But then again she never meant NO.
Cassie W-hayes
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I originally read this years ago and just re-read it. Still a very good read although I'm reading as an adult and seeing some faults in the character that I didn't see when I was younger. And not easily brushed off ones either. But things are always different through the eyes of different levels of maturity.
Cindy Barta
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
not as riveting as most of Brown's books. One of the romantic ones.
Jeanne
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn't know Sandra Brown wrote romance novels, so I was disappointed in this book. I enjoy her mysteries much more.
Penny
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed every minute of this! Fast, easy, cheesy, chick lit that was a break from my usual read. Just a fluffy enjoyable read that doesn't require much thought.
Shirley Yant
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, but like a mystery better than this type.
Randy Hix
Jun 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Didn’t like the book at all! A basic love story. Nothing exciting or suspenseful.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Temptation's Kiss
  • The Rana Look
  • Eloquent Silence
  • 22 Indigo Place
  • Another Dawn (Coleman Family Saga #2)
  • Sunset Embrace (Coleman Family Saga #1)
  • Temperatures Rising