Start by marking “Blood to Dust” as Want to Read:

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  8,154 ratings  ·  1,095 reviews
His name is Beat, and I should hate him.

Bound, blindfolded and bruised, I'm tied in his basement, waiting for the men who stripped me from clothes and humanity to collect his debt to them. Me.

His name is Nate and I should hate him, but I don't.

Published July 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Blood to Dust, please sign up.
Vanessa Serrano
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Claudia Teijeiro
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  8,154 ratings  ·  1,095 reviews

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★ ! Blood to Dust (stand-alone). Two lost souls find friendship, love & healing while on a bloody & violent journey, chased by villains and painful pasts!

“The dust has settled over the blood we’ve shed.”

Blood to Dust (stand-alone) opens up to Prescott Burlington-Smyth, Pea aka Country Club, Silver Spoon being forcefully taken to meet the man who is to guard her until she can be turned over to her ex-boyfriend.

Nathaniel Thomas Vela, Nate aka Beat, just out of prison and working as a handyman and janitopasts!
✦❋Arianna✦❋
4.5 Stars!!

description

To be honest here I had high hopes for this one after reading Mrs. Shen’s other two books. Once again she managed to keep me intrigued with her fantastic storytelling and with a very smart and layered plot. 'Blood to Dust' was not exactly as dark as I had expected to be, but I have to say I enjoyed it very much. I was invested in the story from the
Candace
Sounded Great, But Fell Flat

I realize that I'm in the minority here, but this book didn't do much of anything for me. Many of my friends loved it, and I was sure that it would be just my type of story. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

I love dark stories. In fact, the darker the better in most cases. Captivity themes are amongst my favorites. So, I can honestly say that it wasn't the dark parts of this story that were a turn-off for me.

The truth is that the
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

I look like the perfect victim. Scared. Beautiful. Innocent...Though, I'm anything but the latter.

Well slap my ass and call me Sally, what in the ever hell did I just read?
This.
Book.
Was.
Brilliant!

OK. OK. Allow me to get my thoughts together here
*deep breath*
*another deep breath*

Holy hell, people!

I already knew after reading Sparrow that L.J. Shen was a talented author, but after reading this book? She blew everything I thought I knew away! The woman is aclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Bibi
Feb 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
**0.5 stars**

Prescott Burlington-Smyth (aka Pea aka Country Club) our FMC, is a moron with delusions of being badass.

Nathaniel Thomas Vela (aka Beat aka Nate) our MMC, is a bumbling idiot.

Together, they embark on an unbelievable Bonnie and Clyde revenge escapade complete with contrived plot, inconsistent pacing, and even worse dialogue. Altogether, very sloppy.

If you asked me, I'd say there are only 24 hrs in a day and none should be wasted reading this. Sorry.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author)

Broken people do things better; we learned how to make it in life without the missing parts other people have. Because when you’re in the dark, you appreciate everything that shines.

photo b587c35445a6ff82c12bfe085d6593d9_zpsy1bogdrp.jpg

This story grabs a hold of the reader from the start and was one hell of a wild ride that had me on pins and needles almost to the very end. LJ Shen’s booAuthor)
Broken
Jennifer Kyle
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 CB STARS

”The plain is simple: break free, collect the pieces of my broken soul, kill the bastards and runaway.”

[image error]

Being a fan of this author’s previous release and a lover of dark delicious reads, I was so excited to get my hands on this book. The author delivers a dark and delicious read as she slowly turns a captive story into so much more.

”This is the story of a boy and a girl fighting storms and trying to find peace in the most unexpected place. They try to find it in each other.”

The story is told in dual pomore.
STARS
Clumsy Storyteller
“This is the story of a boy and a girl fighting storms and trying to find peace in the most unexpected place. They try and find it in each other.”

If you love a strong hero, a kickass heroine, heart-stopping action, Blood to dust if for you, (view spoiler) ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
live https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Dust-L-J...

5 BRILLIANT STARS

"We're an earthquake, and we destroy everything we bump into."

I'm surprised by how much I loved this story!But seriously this was very good! What a wild ride!
Blood to Dust is dark,super hot,captivating and brilliant!!Why I haven't picked up a book by this author before??? I've been missing out. Love, love the writing so much, I felt like part of the story from the beginning!

description

''We're polar opposites. He's peace looking for color, and I'm storm looking for serenity. And somewhere between my
Dee Montoya
6++++ Deliciously Chaotic Stars*****

(ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review)

Outstanding ovation for Blood To Dust. L.J Shen kidnapped me from my life with her new book. For days I did nothing but dream, and obsess about Nate and Prescott's story. I felt high, drunk, and overwhelmed by the thrill of this book.

Bravo!!!! Another L.J Shen book that goes to the best of 2016 book shelf.

photo 8D2BD511-B5FF-4ACD-A954-B536B3EC3DDE_zpss03gypcu.jpg

Prescott Burlington-Smyth is a woman who's lost everything in the hands of the man she used to love. She grew up with a sStars*****
(ARC
Liz
"This is not a joke. It is a blood bath."
~4.5 Breathless Bloody Stars~

description

Blood to Dust is a dark romance/action lovers dream! L.J. Shen has created a beautifully twisted sexy world that will entrap your heart and mind and take you on one unforgettable ride!

"Home. I don't have one, but I do have a place I can call my own. It's called
Paige
This book. All the stars.

Sexy. Take a break to find some relief kind of sexy.

Dark. So decadently dark that my even my little black soul was shocked.

Swoon worthy. I am IN LOVE. Nate is my top favorite bad boy. Ever.

Nate and Prescott are bound by ties that never should have connected them. Two people seemingly polar opposites prove that maybe fate is at work in the world after all.

Prescott, bound and kidnapped, is given to Nate's care. What should make her hate him actua
Olga therebelreader
She's going to ruin me... and I'm going to let her.

Blood to Dust was really interesting to say the least. It had suspense, sexy and erotic love scenes, gore, wit, laughter, action and love. From the very first page, you are thrown into the action and there is not a moment of boredom in the entire story as the pace is relentless.

This book follows Nate and Prescott’s unique love story. Nate is given the order to guard a hostage, Prescott. He’s a convicted felon. He’s all kinds of messed-up. He has no filters. He’s a k
Hulya Kara Yuksel

WOW what an amazing ride! This book totally surprised me and I loved it so much. :) Every chapter made me so freaking curious. There were a lot of actions, steamy scenes and there were humor too. Actually I loved that humor side of this book a lot, 'Cause Nate&Prescott’s life full of ugliness but still they try to be strong. Oh also they were a really bad-ass couple together and Nate & Prescott’s chemistry was off the charts. Their sex scenes were so fucking HOT! :D

NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: I thought this was a fresh take on the captivity theme. I always tend to gravitate towards these types of stories, and I wasn't disappointed. I think this author is a good storyteller, as I ended up really rooting for this unconventional couple. I did want more in the end, and I had some issues with the h -- so I can't quite give it 4 stars...but I feel like it's better than 3.5...so I'm going with 3.75 ;)

Brief Summary of the Storyline: I can't say much without ruin/>Brief/>Overall
Maya
Wow, to say I loved this story would be an understatement! For those of you who know Pam Godwin and Pepper Winters reads, this one's so for you. You have suspense, violence, abuse, love, crime and so much more. This book is just right up my alley and I'm so glad I got to read it! Definitely one of my new favourites!!!

description

I don't even know where to start. The plot is so intriguing and fascinating and keeps you on edge the whole freaking time!!! I've read the whole book in just one sitting and let m
S.M. West
5 Time STARS

Wow, LJ Shen just gets better and better! For a true lover of dark reads, this ticked all my boxes and even gave me a few surprises! This one was a page turner. Being sucked in from the get-go, it's full speed ahead with time not on the side of the MCs.

Prescott has been captured and is in a dire situation. She's an uptown girl but she's been broken and forced to become the dark, the driven - a survivor.

Nate's just a pawn. He owes a debt and he's just following o
Sabrina
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Prescott: Drug dealer, beautiful, kidnapped.
Placed in the care of Beat, she's nothing more than a hostage trying not to go crazy. She knows her fate - she's lived it before. Bound, broken, hurt. She needs to escape before that happens, which means she needs to get close to Beat. Make him trust her, make him join her side. Then she gets to know Nate, her captor, her savior...her love?

Nathaniel: Convict, guilty, indebted.
He has to hold her captive if he want's to live. He know's what's going to happen to h
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wtf, arc, dark-erotic
By L.J. Shen

“His name is Nathaniel Thomas Vela, & she never seen his face”
WOW WOW

You know, usually you go into a book with certain expectations, I had none… Due to the fact that I’ve never read anything from Ms. Shen…. So I was so happy that I could connect with the characters & enjoy this twisted & turns of this story….

Beat: is an ex-convict & is very brutal killer when needed- Beat had a debt to pay to “Godfrey” & was contra
Ashleyjo
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Devil is In The Details

This book reminded me of a Steven Seagal movie... You know where all the bad guys have knives or are afraid or inept to use the guns they have. The action was not believable on any level.

The FMC is a rich girl turned drug dealer, ass kicker, hard core manipulator and killer. One question... how?

How does a rich girl just know how to hit the streets with drugs and become a dealer? Take a plastic cup and fashion it into a spear? How does she know peeps in Mclubs, peeps t
Snow
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing

4,75 HOLY BLOOD BATH stars!!!
They try and find it in each other

Prescott Burlington-Smyth (Pea) is a 25 year old woman who was born into a rich politician family and yet she lived on the very edge, far from the silver spoon, everyone perceived her as. And she was a badass, a girl torn from her naive younghood in a very cruel and shaterring way, only cause she fell in love with a wrong guy, she was young and did astars!!!
Michelle
*ARC provided by the author for an honest review*

Omg she's done it again

This book is just brilliant I enjoy it so much in a twisted point of view it's goin so much goin on but the need for revenge is top on the list an getting toward that revenge is just great an sometimes smoking hot this story had me hooked from the first page

The story is about Prescott and Nate they r both from very different lives but r the same in lots of ways they have had
Rebecca Woodward
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
ARC book review. 5 Blazing Stars!!!

Wow!!! This is a hot wild crazy read! The Author did an excellent job building each character in this dark twisted story. There are some hard scenes that made me shiver and then boom!! A hot demanding sex scene pulled me in!! I flove Prescott and Nate together!!! Omg!! I was swooning over him while reading. The banter between them is brutal but honest. And I found myself smiling and laughing. The ending was magnificent. Be warned this story can be a
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★4 CB Stars★★★★

photo 1468461863863-1-1_zpssv4r0oj7.jpg

" We're polar opposites. He's peace looking for color and I'm strorm looking for serenity."

There's a new bad b*tch in town and let me tell you: You do not want to mess with Prescott Burlington-Smyth. I love when my female characters are complete badasses that doesn't take crap from anyone. This author has certainly made two of the m
Lo Bookfrantic
FULL REVIEW TO FOLLOW

BOOK TRAILER ON BLOG

LOVED this story a lot, action packed, strong hero and heroine both broken!!

~~~~~BLURB~~~~~
His name is Beat, and I should hate him.

His name is Nate and I should hate him, but I don't.

I'm not supposed to know his real name, even worse, I'm not supposed to care. He is nothing to me but means to an end. The plan is simple: break free, collect the pieces of m
BexLOVESBooks
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
 photo Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 1.04.38 AM_zpseft972gc.png
Let me just start by saying, this is the book you HOPE your about to read, when you sit down and open every other book. Unfortunately, this story will only ever be told once, do not, under any circumstances, let it pass you by. This book absolutely floored me. It broke me. It brought me to my knees. By far this was one of my FAVORITE reads of 2016!

Lets flip the hourglass and begin shall we?

Once upon a time there was a boy...
This boy was sad, and lost, and violent but inside him lay peace.

We meet Beat in the b
Parvathy
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

5 ++++ Stars

Blood to Dust by L.J. Shen is simply a masterpiece...!! I knew we could expect great things from the author after reading Sparrow. But this book just went beyond my imagination and set a new high..! This is a exceptionally crafted masterpiece which will intrigue you, keep you riveted, will make you hold your breathe, scream and shout and finally make you fall in love with characters.

Prescott and Nate are two characters who are trying to survive the harsh blows life has dealt the
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of dark reads, death race and fans or action movies like The Equalizer
Shelves: the-bests
5 explosive stars!

I WANT TO BE PRESCOTT WHEN I GROW UP!!!! That chick is a badass and I love her. Color me impressed with this new story by L.J Shen.
Blood to dust photo Blood to dust_zpsomiduqaz.jpg

If you love:
-very dark and suspenseful stories;
-damaged hot as sin hero;
-female character with balls bigger than many alpha males;
-race against time to exact your bloody revenge against all powerful drug lord;
-intense, rough and I-need-a-cold-shower sex scenes;
Don’t look further, you’ve found you
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.75 Country Club Stars!

Blood to Dust is a standalone, full-length novel. It contains graphic violence and adult situations some may find offensive.

Funny that it was those words…a warning, that had me pre-ordering and one-clicking L.J. Shen’s new book. I really found something special the first time I read her work and with each book she releases, it just gets better and better. This is an author who has no problem bringing her damaged characters forefront and making your fall for them no matter how/>Blood
Norah Una Sumner

First book of 2017. Loved it. L.J. Shen is my Queen. My gorgeous Mafia Queen who kindly gifted me a copy of this amazing book. I love her writing style and the characters she creates. The story was interesting, dark, action - packed and, of course, with an amazing romance. That scene when our hero takes off his mask for the first time... Man, I got chills. That's how beautiful the descriptions are. Overall, a great way to start a year.

I am scared of her next book. But I also need i

• The Fall
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas (Split #1.5)
  • The Devil's Beauty
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • Crescendo
  • 8 Mile & Rion
  • Gun Moll (Gun Moll, #1)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • Verona Blood (California Blood, #1)
  • Sex, Lies & Nikolai
  • Feyness (Red Order, #1)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Zora and Nicky
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Fac
“I love her like a slave. I kneel in front of her like a subject. I crawl back to her at night like a drunk and I worship her like a believer.” 28 likes
“She gives me storm, and I give her peace.” 18 likes