Start by marking “All I Want To Know Is Where I'm Going To Die So I'll Never Go There” as Want to Read:
All I Want To Know Is Where I'm Going To Die So I'll Never Go There

All I Want To Know Is Where I'm Going To Die So I'll Never Go There

All I Want to Know concerns the fictitious Seeker and his visit to the “Library of Wisdom” where he meets another fictitious character, the Librarian, along with Buffett and Munger. The Seeker learns how to make better decisions to help his children avoid doing the dumb things he has done. For instance, he learns from
Buffett and Munger the best way to prevent trouble is to
Published May 2016 by PCA Publications

Start your review of All I Want To Know Is Where I'm Going To Die So I'll Never Go There
Anil Tulsiram
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success-patterns
If you can read and understand English, there is no excuse not to read this book.. More wisdom per page than any other book I have read till date. This is THE BEST BOOK I have read till date on life, Business and Investments
Sumedh Sapre
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hats off to Peter Bevelin for putting this wonderful book together! This book is really a crash course on life, investing and rational thinking delivered through the timeless wisdom of Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett and countless other great thinkers. If you want to make a collection of great quotes, this book would be the place to start, as it has got thousands of them.
What is really appealing about the principles advocated in the book is the simplicity. The book contains guiding philosophy fo
Sujay Muzumdar
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Possibly the best book I will ever read in my life, it is the accumulated wisdom of two of the wisest people of our generation - Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger; and is the ultimate treatise on business, investing and life.

Honestly, there is no reason good enough for not reading this book. A fabulous gift by a teacher to a student!
Eugene
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the mix/compilation of quotes from Buffet's and Munger's speeches, letters to shareholders etc made into a story of the Seeker, who dreamed and got into imaginative library with the Librarian and Munger and Buffet.

In general, the book repeats the same content from other books (Poor Charlie Almanac, Seeking Wisdom: From Darwin to Munger) but it is worth to be read again and again: there are some new advices on investing, hiring, decision making, the philosophy of the life.
Javier Ríos
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the top 5 of my favorite books. A must read for everyone in sake of wisdom for life, investment and business.
Gary Kaiser
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
So. Many. Typos.
First, I'll say that there is a lot of good content in the book. And the author clearly has done a lot of research and categorization.
The approach the author takes is to create two fictional characters - the Seeker and the Librarian - that he uses to connect excerpts and quotes from Buffet and Munger. It's kind of an Eastern approach to telling a story, one which is mildly disruptive in the best case, very disruptive here. Couple this with the thousands of typos that range from
Madhur Rao
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book. Great conceptualisation on the part of the author. He has been very careful not to dilute or change in any way what Mr Buffett and Mr Munger have said over the years, but instead has added his own insight as well (through the voice of the Librarian). This is a book which talks about how to live life.
Vlad Bezden
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. Every single paragraph is a wisdom to the life. It covers different aspects of the life (marriage, education, college, ...) as well as business, investment, common sense, etc. This book is not for fast reading since there is so much wisdom and knowledge that you have to seat and think about it.
Helio Winter
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Masterpiece.
For those interested in Charlie Munger this book is great. The central idea is that avoiding stupidity is the easier way to greatness. Many lessons and insights. This book is even better than Seeking Wisdom, also by Peter Bevelin. Enjoyed it.
Joel Gray
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SUCCESS IN INVESTING COMBINES EXTREME PATIENCE WITH EXTREME DECISIVENESS.

You only have to be right on a very, very few things in your lifetime as long as you never make any big mistakes.

We think the best way to minimise risk is to think.

To be wiser you need to read and think.

It is easy to get so busy that you no longer have time to think - you pay a huge price for that.

To succeed in investing you need patience and discipline and an ability to take losses and adversity without going crazy.

Look fo
Fabian
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. I don’t think I have ever read modern books filled with so many useful ideas (maybe Nassim Taleb) then the ones by Peter Bevelin. Fantastic book!

I my opinion he puts Munger and Buffett on a bit too high of a pedestal because there are areas where they are the worst people to ask advice (Dating, Health, Fitness, real Entrepreneurship (!), Technology). Also they are pretty much polar opposites of someone like Elon Musk in that they don’t think progress but profit from status quo.
Rajat
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Peter bevelin never ceases to surprise us. This book is easily one of the best books in recent times. This is good for both beginner and experts. just loved reading it.
Harsh Thaker
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of those books to have if you are lost on island forever
Taylor
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: finance, business
Excellent content. Lots of highlights. Didn’t like reading it.

This is a dialogue between four characters: Munger, Buffett, Librarian, and Seeker. Munger and Buffett’s passages are made entirely of their own past quotes. There are 1,827 cited quotes. They're from annual meetings, annual reports, interviews, speaking events, and other books. The Seeker is Bevelin’s portrayal of you, the reader. You’re there to tee up topics and the next wave of quotes by asking questions. You say natural things li
Jbo
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading this book, it is evident that you cannot go more than a few pages without a wonderful statement from Munger/Buffet, or from another visionary of the past. Although the books is filled with great bits of knowledge and the conversation-style writing provides a unique way of pulling together so many unbelievable thoughts, it was frustrating to read. Nonetheless, if you can get past the issues below, you will take away some very good knowledge that can provide a lot of value in busines ...more
Samuel Peck
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The content and points contained in this book are undoubtedly great and illuminating; while someone who is familiar with Buffett's and Munger's quotes - especially one who has read books like Seeking Wisdom, Poor Charlie's Almanack and the Berkshire shareholder letters - will not find much that is new, someone who is unfamiliar will definitely find many nuggets of wisdom contained in this book.

However, I thought one should peruse the books I had mentioned above as opposed to this one. The great
Shikhar Johar
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"When someone with experience proposes a deal to someone with money, too often the fellow with money ends up with the experience and the fellow with experience ends up with the money"
"If the terrain and the map disagree, follow the terrain"
"Appear to interest, not to reason"
"If investor think like businessman and if businessman think like an investor"
"The early bird might get the worm but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese"
The book is full of amazing lines like the ones mentioned above. It covers wis
Peter S
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bevelin uses four characters - seeker (of wisdom), a librarian (who quotes famous thinkers), Buffett, and Munger - over the course of a 230 page dialogue to parse out many of things Buffett and Munger have said in person. There's a lot of wisdom in here, many of which I had read before, many of which I had not. The theme throughout is hinted at in the title of the book - avoid stupidity consistently and you will make good decisions. I say decisions not investments, because this is not about inve ...more
Akhil Parekh
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simple yet thought provoking. Many things you might know but subconsciously we forget to implement those things.

Most of the principles mentioned in the book are worth re-reading and following them as much as possible in real life.

Do not miss out on reading it. If read thoroughly and implemented well, this book can bring wonders in one's life.
Tag
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books ever written about life, general wisdom and investment philosophy. This is a book that everyone should read, over and over again, every year. It teaches you the ethos of two of the wisest people that ever walked the earth - their clarity, simplicity and common sense, condensed into a dialogue-format which makes for easy reading. Highly recommended.
Jordi de Ridder
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: q2-2020
Would have given it 5 stars, if not for the personality-confidence-disorder of Seeker as positioned by the author. Yes, Munger and Buffett are quite wise but to position them as all-knowing gods isn’t necessary to make the point. Overall a good book with golden nuggets to learn from and a recommendation.
Vinay Mishra
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such an excellent book. Sublime and profound. Peter Bevelin has gleaned all the timeless wisdom of two of the most wise men living on the planet. More than investing, the wisdom gathered in the book addresses life in larger perspective. Truly life changing.
This book is a treasure trove. Thank you Mr Bevelin for writing it.
Ketan
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very difficult book to write - it’s filled with dense insights that I ended up underlining every second sentence. It gets easier as you read along but all in all a great summary of Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger’s life and business philosophy. It felt that they are a lot like Rahul Dravid - leave the balls that you can’t play and just wait for the juicy balls.
Amaya
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great book, advice about things we often think of as common sense, yet very easily let slip. It just makes you think about financial and life decisions, what to think before you invest in businesses or people, who to trust, how to behave in situations.
Jason Orthman
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent, entertaining format that threads Warren Buffett's and Charlie Munger's wisdom together. ...more
Himanshu Mahajan
To be read and reread, use as a guidebook for life.
Ashish M
Best wisdom money can buy !!
Ragavendhra Perumall
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Requires reading and re reading , applying and retrieving . This takes a tremendous effort to apply the principles and rules and works miracles
Rahul Katre
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
nice
Rihen Chheda
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best book I’ve read on value investing.

• Poor Charlie's Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger
  • The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical and Practical Aphorisms
  • The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity
  • Alibaba: The House That Jack Ma Built
  • The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor
  • The Skilled Helper: A Problem-Management and Opportunity-Development Approach to Helping
  • Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion