Start by marking “Spellbinder (Night World, #3)” as Want to Read:
Spellbinder (Night World, #3)

Spellbinder

(Night World #3)

Blaise's black magic is powerful. The only way Thea can fight back is to use her own white magic, to bewitch Eric herself as a bluff. But soon Thea finds herself getting too close to Eric, feeling forbidden emotions, breaking Night World laws by falling in love. As halloween and the Night of the Witch draw closer, can Thea save Eric and herself from Blaise's revenge?
Published October 1996 by Archway Paperbacks (first published 1996)

Allison ☾
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I must have accidentally taken this book off my “Read” shelf. Had to add it back.
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
If it weren't for my Unfinished Series Challenge I wouldn't even consider going on with this series.

This one was't any better than its predecessors. :(

Mikaela
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE HER BOOKS. THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN TWILIGHT AND NOT AS SEXUAL AND MORE INTO THE VAMPIRE STUFF AND IT HAS WEREWOLFS AND SUCH!! ILOVE THIS SERIES!!
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
4 Stars:
All in all this book was just really great, just enough romance and just enough adventure, the way she describes the witchcraft and makes u feel part of the powerful magic that takes place.

Among some of my favorites. Outstanding literary work. The characters are well developed, interesting. The liked characters are likable and the hated are unlikable. The writing is captivating enough to keep you interested until the end and leave you wanting more. It has a fairly original or uniquely we
Sakura Koneko
Aug 12, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the supernatural
Shelves: favorites
Again characters mentioned for a moment in a previous book end up as the main characters in this book.

This book is about witches instead of vampires, which threw me off for a little bit, but I found that I liked it very much as more lore was added to the Night World series with this installation and more characters for future books were introduced as well.
Alaina
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
It was okay, I would've loved to see a couple chapters from Blaise' s POV but I thought the plot of this book was better than the previous night world stories. I really enjoyed the contrast between good and bad, white and black, Thea and Blaise. I think these books would be really good for an eleven or twelve year old maybe just starting to get into paranormal fiction or young adult.
Cass
Mar 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK
Saturnus
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
A good book, not as spellbilding as the two before, but still a must read!
E.C. Newman
Jul 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read, paranormal, teen
lots of fun, silly, but sweet. It's fun because i didn't realize how much I forgot since I read these last. :)
Kushnuma
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enchantress is book 3 in the Night World series.

It isn't one of my favourites but we do start to realise that something big is going to happen. We are also introduced to Circle Daybreak.
Elizabeth
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Henri Neto
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fazem algumas horas que terminei de ler Spellbinder, de LJ Smith, e não sei bem o que pensar.
Não sei o que pensar pois esta foi uma experiência totalmente nova para mim. Eu sempre espero que os livros da autora sejam fluidos e dinâmicos, mas lineares. Aceito totalmente o clima New Age do seu sobrenatural, pois sei que ela vai saber me levar por caminhos "seguros" para mim... Mas mão foi isto que aconteceu desta vez.

Desta vez, o passeio foi selvagem.

Ao dar um descanso nos seus Vampiros, LJ Smith
Annelise Lestrange
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

The Story

Thea and Blaise grew up like sisters, but the girls were different as day and night. While Thea was peaceful and an animal healer, Blaise was a first’class trouble maker and boys killer. Almost literally.

After being expelled five times from different schools, Thea is determinated to make Blaise behave and allow both of them to finish their studies. The problem is that Blaise is not cooperating and can’t wait to play
Amanda
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't as much of a fan of this story. It feels like they're getting a bit repetitive, which is okay but I'm not even halfway through the series, and that worries me some. I also didn't care as much about the characters.

I did find the backstory on the witches of the Night World really interesting, and I liked the bits with any kind of spell work. I just wish there was more of that, and more of the coven.

Overall I'm still enjoying these, and I am intrigued by the synopsis of the next one but I
Anne
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Wouldn’t it be nice to get that electric feeling, knowing that that person is your soulmate? Is that what it really feels like? I obviously haven’t found my soulmate, but hey who knows those who have may know the feeling.

Not my favorite book in the series. It started out slow in my opinion, but somehow got much better towards the end. As usual, it came with somewhat uneventful story building, and quick, sort of simple and easy solutions and conclusion. Like always, still a fun read. So
Sandra
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5
mith
Blaise could kill me with a Look and I’d thank her for it. Whew, what an icon.
DJ
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one! Thea and Eric were so cute. I love the take on witches in this story.
Sara (_bookwormsara_)
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is by far my favorite book in this series so far! 💖
Azure
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-1-12
The female protagonist, Thea, is a witch who has been orphaned and kicked out of a few schools due to the trouble caused by her cousin, also a witch and also an orphan. The story begins with them going to a new school. On the first day of school Thea saves a guy from a snake bite by using her cousin's bloodstone. During the exchange she feels a strange 'connection' with him. She starts to fall in love with him, which naturally is forbiddon, and things are only made worse when Thea's cousin decid ...more
Connie
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Source: I own a bind up of books 1, 2 and 3 in this series.
Cost: Free Gift

Title: Spellbinder
Series: Night World #3
Author: LJ Smith
Overall Rating: 3 stars

This was not my favourite.

But I think because the whole love element of this story was a lot more pronounced within this one. And I think I'm becoming cynical when it comes to love stories. Thank you PC Cast. Appreciate it.
Táňa
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Další kniha ze série Říše temnot, která se mi líbila. Byla to oddechovka, u které jsem nemusela přemýšlet. Jediné co mi na knize vadilo bylo to, že tam nebyla skoro žádná akce ani napětí. Tahle série se vlastně motá hlavně kolem romantické pletky nebo-li spřízněné duši. I když se mi to líbilo, byl to asi nejslabší díl z těch tří, které jsem zatím četla.
Knize dávám pouhé 3 hvězdičky a jsem zvědavá jestli bude čtvrtý díl lepší.(Doufám, že bude!!!!**)
Kate
A reread! I haven't touched these books in years, but oh my goodness I love them! I remember disliking this one, but I must have changed because it is really cute! Ahhh a soulmate principle, what a concept! What the hell is this cover though...
Irina Alexeyenko
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I like how L.J. Smith binds the lore into her books. By the end, you know that there all kind of supernatural being out there. The only thing I miss from this series is to know what happened to the characters from the previous parts. I hope there will be a bigger story behind it all.
Debra
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: projecttbr-2015
For a more detailed review, please check out my review below:

Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Saturnus
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tredje delen i Nattens Värld var inte lika bra som dom två första (Att lura döden & Nattens Döttrar), man fastnade inte r historien lika mycket... Men den är helt klart läsvärd! Rekomenderas till alla paranormala läsare, och roligt att läsa min första bok av L.J. Smith utan vamyrer!
Mel
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
The books in this series are just my guilty pleasure and I love reading them.
Olivia Im
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Not a bad contribution to the 'Night World' series, though by no means the best.
Kieli Jo
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have become obsessed with the night world book! this was as amazing as the others.
Hope
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series!
So far each book is stand alone but the series is cohesive in content.
Loving them all!
What's the Name o...: Orphaned witch sisters? [s] 11 57 May 30, 2013 02:51PM
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Loved by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #5)
  • Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire, #6)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • Heart's Ease
  • Frostbite: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #2.1)
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • Claimed by the Elven King: Part Four
  • Bride to the Alpha (The Wolf's Pet, #2)
  • The Dangers of Adopting a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #2)
  • Mark of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #1)
  • The New Alpha
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th

Night World (10 books)
  • Secret Vampire (Night World, #1)
  • Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2)
  • Dark Angel (Night World, #4)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • Soulmate (Night World, #6)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Black Dawn (Night World, #8)
  • Witchlight (Night World, #9)
  • Strange Fate (Night World, #10)
“Does everybody ever want everything they can have? really?” 141 likes
“He turned the haggered, haunted face on her and said, "I want you to stop it."

"Whatever you're doing....to try to make me like Pilar, it has to stop. Because it's not fair to her. She's upset right now because I'm acting crazy. But I don't want to be with her. It's you I love. And if you want to get rid of me, then tell me, but don't try to foist me off on somebody else.”
34 likes