Start by marking “CAGED (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #2)” as Want to Read:
CAGED (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #2)

CAGED

(Mackenzie Grey #2)

Mackenzie Grey has started a brand new life in an attempt to escape the Brooklyn Pack. She settles in as a detective in a special unit of the LAPD when her identity is put at risk, and she has no choice but to run again. The question is: does she want to run forever?
As events force Mackenzie to confront her past, she is met with many surprises—including the revelation of h
Published April 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about CAGED, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CAGED

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Not a standalone

description

When Mackenzie Grey left the Brooklyn Pact, she moved to the Los Angeles. She was employed by SIU (Supernatural Investigative Unit) to keep the weird things away from the humans. Her job helped her grow in power and strength. During this time, she wasn't alone. Her partner and lover throughout the year was Roman, a sexy vampire.

She was free.... for a while. It was only a matter of time before the Summit got her scent, and she needed to run again. But she can't
Runningrabbit
Kindle Unlimited
A great series complete with a snarky, loud mouthed, arse kicking, sarcastic heroine with commitment issues.
Natalia
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Another great book!!

The story pick up right in the end of second book!!!

Kenzie has embrace her new reality has a werewolf!
After a year training, working with all types of supernatural creatures she is more and more confident!

In this book her transformation is not only physical but also mental!
She got herself a friend with benefits and a job that she likes...

But she cannot escaped her past...

And all the luna's need her!!

Sandra "Jeanz"
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
INITIAL THOUGHTS
As I began reading this book, I was really looking forward to catching up with the kick butt Mackenzie Grey again and to discover what has been going on in the Brooklyn Pack and how Mackenzies decisions in Shift have affected them.

THOUGHTS THROUGHOUT THE BOOK
At 12% I was pleased to be realising that Mackenzie Grey was still the kick butt, full of attitude, wolf from bk#1. She is still very independent and wanting things doing her way.
At 54% wow! there's even more pack politics f
Amber
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough how much in love I am with this series, it's different from what Ive read before. The drama, the suspense, the emotions!! There's no way you can put this book down once you get started. Karina Espinosa has a way with words that sweeps you into her stories and you just want to live there forever. Mackenzie Grey tries to run and avoid her life but that doesn't work out very well for her, not when people start to realize who she really is. We meet new characters and lose ones we' ...more
K
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh I can't believe I have to wait for the next book to come out. The ending to this one blew me away. Just wow.

Mackenzie is so very strong. She is strong physically and she has the strength of her convictions. In the first book, Shift (which you have to read first), and this book all Mackenzie has wanted and fought for was her freedom. What Mackenzie did not have, was foresight or experience and unfortunately that ends in a heart breaking and tragic result. I loved this book even more than the f
Amy
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

Running from her past she ends up on the west coast in LA with a vamp, Roman. Her first stop a vision quest, that leaves her reeling on what it all means.

Now she is working with a special unit for her kind. Kenzie picks up a female werewolf on her last bust, that needs a pack to protect her. Her first thought is Sebastien, but she can't. Instead she heads to the Mojave dessert for the female alpha. The alpha agrees to take her to the Summit and find her a pack.

The Brooklyn Pack gets K
Lynn's books
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buckle up!

I had no idea where book 2 would take me but I never expected to end where it did!?! WOW! Just...wow! My mind is spinning and I don't want to give away spoilers! I'm torn because I need to divulge my theories but if you haven't read this book yet...gasp...I can't! Just read it...right now! Well book one first then just keep moving on to book two. Make sure to buckle up because this ride is wicked in all the best ways!
I LOVE Karina's writing style. I couldn't stop reading or read fast e
Lisa
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant .... spoilers

I enjoyed this book more than the 2nd, just because I hate a love triangle. Although the book starts from a year later which I dont normally like, Kenzie had run at the end of the first book and started a new life somewhere else. With a new identity and free from the pack she met a hot friend with benefits work colleage vampire. After saving a lone young wolf she returns home to find her after the young wolf was relocated by the Summit and what one heck of an entrance she
Kina
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Where as I wasn’t a huge fan of the first one, this was totally the opposite! I loved how it picked right up from the last one. Mackenzie’s life in LA was just so great! Couldn’t get enough of Roman. I was kind of sad that they always seemed to not be serious but at the same time there was already a love triangle that I knew had to be reconciled so adding another would have been weird. Like a love square...is that a thing? Haha I just felt like the story was so complete. It was ...more
Afton
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not consistent

I enjoyed the book mostly, but I noticed a lot of inconsistencies. Blue was made out to be “strong” after she ordered Jonah and Sebastian to get Mackenzie’s clothes for her in the first book, but then she seemed so “weak” in this book. Also, Mackenzie annoyed me so much in this book.
I couldn’t see why Jonah and Sebastian are so obsessed with someone who acts like she’s twelve, curses constantly, and literally never shuts up. Her personality was fine in the first book, i don’t see
Debra Omiatek
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mackenzie Roars

Mackenzie has matured in this story. She still can get hot headed and act without thinking. Sometimes it works for her and sometimes there are dire consequences. She is a modern woman trying to follow her own agenda and make her way in life. She gets pulled back by those trying to force her to conform. Her caring for others is a force that puts her on a difficult track. The werewolf social standing is archaic and devalues females in this storyline. This illustrates the difficulty
Marie Pedrick
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, that’s the only thing that comes to mind with this book. As the second book in the Mackenzie Grey series it had a lot to live up to, it certainly didn’t disappoint. The story was thrilling from start to finish and I can hardly wait for book three.
Following on in the story of Kenzie and the Brooklyn pack after the story of who she is and who her father is and all that comes from that revelation.
I’d definitely recommend this book to anyone although it doesn’t really work as a stand alone an
Jennifer Aldrich
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Caged is book two in the series. It opens up with Mackenzie in a different place than when we left her. Within a couple of chapters, we get a time jump and we meet a different Mackenzie. A lot can happen in short amounts of time, and this makes it obvious. I love meeting the new characters introduced and seeing how things are different in different regions. When Mackenzie is put in an unusual situation, her past comes knocking. Will she run from it or towards it?

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
H
Chantelle Bouffanie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is the second book in this series. This book picked up right where it left off and Mackenzie hasn't lost her spunk. This is an kick ass series here and Espinosa mashes them together perfectly, love triangles, and murder mystery. Caged is quite the page turner and never has a dull moment. Loving the characters and the story l can’t wait for the next book. I highly recommend this series. This series will have you hooked int ...more
Georgina
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!

I thought the first book was amazing and then I read this one! It’s not often that I get into a series as much as I have this one. I really am struggling to put this book down even as I’m writing this review I’m wanting to read the next one!

That cliffhanger! All I can say is OMG let me get to the next book simply brilliant! Love a shifter novel and this series has not disappointed!

Get on reading I can’t even write a in detail review as I just want to read the next one haha!
of books & portkeys
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Makenzie Grey is one bad a$$ chic. She completed her vision quest and came out on the other side fighting.

Even though this is a paranormal novel, Caged shows the importance of bounding together for a common goal. This book is a perfect example of how to start a revolution of sorts. The rise of the under dog (in this case the Luna's) against archaic laws of the past.

I love the mystery/ who done it aspect of the novel mixed among pack and paranormal politics. It will keeps you guessing, and y
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This is the second book in this series. This book picked up right where it left off and Mackenzie hasn't lost her spunk. This is an kick ass series here and Espinosa mashes them together perfectly, love triangles, and murder mystery. Caged is quite the page turner and never has a dull moment. Loving the characters and the story l can’t wait for the next book. I highly recommend this series. This series will have you hooked into it by each page you turn.

Review by Chantelle
lauren
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hating everyone!!!!

Damn!!!! Man I'm all over the place with this book ugh!!! Man I know this book is about the oppression, but dang it hits you in the feels, I am like literally upset at what just happened, and I hope everyone freaking dies. I'm even hating the guys, to be honest the vamps are the only guys I like at the moment. They seem how the others were treated, I'm come on, get ur heads out ur asses. Anyways I will continue on in hopes many will die.
Elizabeth Bracker
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

A great continuation to the first book it picked up right where it left off and Mackenzie hasn't lost her spunk. There were some very violent scenes but there was a warning that I was thankful for. Can't wait to see Mackenzie, Jonah, Bash and the rest make there way out of this situation
Cathy Pardue
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting good

This book was action packed and tense. Warning, may have triggers for some people. Mackenzie gets herself in even more hot water than you can possibly imagine.
Book starts with her new life on Los Angeles, then her eventual return to New York. Lots of blood she'd and boundaries tested.
Be
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! Book 2 did not disappoint!! I finished book one this morning and I just steam rolled straight onto book 2. Now harder for book 3.

It continued straight on from where book 1 finished and Kenzie just continues in her roll.

This is fast becoming one of my favourite shifter series!! Not sure how I didn’t come across this series sooner.
Tia
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Things heat up Royally in this book. Kenz hides out and works in law enforcement but a small kink forces her back to NY where all check breaks loose.
Well written and keeps you on the edge. The changes to Kenz in her time away show a growth and strength to her resolve.
Excellent Read.
*warning* The author sites triggers in chapter 16*
Miranda DeLong
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can not get enough!

Great story and would love to see this make it to film. This story just keeps getting better and better. Lots of twist and turns that keep you interested through out the series.
Michelle
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Mackenzie Grey series was..woah. The story line and characters have progressed so much after the year time jump, and Mackenzie's new confidence in her shifting abilities shows the character development that really keeps series like this going.
Stacey mann
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really great 2nd book in the Mckenzie Grey series.. it great to see how Mckenzie grows over the year this book is based over.. to see how strong she has becomes and watch the story develop round her. An excellent second book and can’t wait to get started on the next one.
Miss Lisa Williams
Deep

Mackenzie kicks arse and takes names in this book but to what cost?
Looks like the Lycans are getting a wake up call.
Does contain some scenes which could be upsetting. The book does contain a warning at the beginning and I think it was written as tastefully as it could be
Louise B
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Wow wow wow brilliant. There are books that you read and wish you could re read then again for the very first time.... Ooooh this book is so one of those!! Mackenzie is back and she is all grown up. Fantastic action packed heart wrenching page turning read. Omg its awesome x
Liberty
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the audiobook version of this book. The story was engaging, and I enjoyed it more than the first book. It was a lot of intensity that I had to take breaks from in order to not get overwhelmed by, but I really did enjoy the story overall. I am looking forward to book 3.
Hayley
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Speechless!

OMG!!! Such a good read
Read in under 24hrs, I couldn't put it down.
Vision quest complete, Mackenzie is now at one with her wolf and after a year in Los Angeles she heads back to New York.
The plot line is gripping, with some shocking results!!!
Karina Espinosa is the Urban Fantasy author of the Sins of the Fallen series and the Mackenzie Grey novels. Infatuated with travel, pop culture, and the need to write everything down, she spends much of her days in front of a computer working on her next book, shopping online, and listening to music. With nomadic tendencies, she is currently resting her head in South Florida until the itch to move ...more

Mackenzie Grey (4 books)
  • SHIFT (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #1)
  • ALPHA (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)
  • OMEGA (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #4)