Start by marking “How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often” as Want to Read:

Writing copy that sells without seeming “salesy” can be tough, but is an essential business skill. How To Write Copy That Sells is a step-by-step guide to writing fast, easy-to-read, effective copy. It's for everyone who needs to write copy that brings in cash – including copywriters, freelancers, and entrepreneurs.

Inside, you'll find copywriting techniques for email m

Published February 16th 2016 by Morgan James Publishing

To ask other readers questions about How to Write Copy That Sells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Write Copy That Sells

Start your review of How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
William Aicher
Great overview of how to write sales copy. Note this is particularly written for people writing large sales pitches, and not as useful for snippets like Facebook ads etc, unless they are part of an overall lead flow. That said, you could use bits and pieces from this to build out shorter ad copy, but I recommend adding some additional understanding of psychology (for example, read the book 'Influence' by Robert Cialdini) and add the two together. ...more
Brittany
I was directed towards this book for my Copy and Content Writing class and it was helpful in a multitude of ways.

I am coming to copy as a beginner and didn't really understand what the difference was between it and content writing before reading this book. This had a lot of great tips and was formatted well for easy reading from beginning to end, but also for reference reading and topic choosing.

Only 4 Stars, as it does kind of have the feel of someone taking a bunch of prior posts and putting
Kalyn
This book offered some good takeaways, but it read more like a bunch of blog posts compiled into one book rather than a cohesive story arc.
Roni Matar
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ray Edwards is a great copywriting trainer, not a good book writer. The chapters give great ideas for improving copy, at the same time there seems to be a lack of cohesion between chapters.
So read each chapter as a stand alone and you will learn a lot and get a ton of value.
Ruchil
Apr 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Notes

Chapter - 1 : Selling without being Daley’s

Selling is just the transfer of feelings.

Any [YOUR AUDIENCE] can [SOLVE THEIR PROBLEM] by using [YOUR PRODUCT], because [HOW IT SOLVES THE PROBLEM].

PASTOR framework

“P” IS FOR PERSON, PROBLEM, AND PAIN

It’s a psychological principle identified by marketing wizard Jay Abraham: the more accurately you can describe your reader’s problem in terms they relate to, the more they instinctively feel that you must have an answer to that problem. Use the read
Ahmad hosseini
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: management, content
Copywriting means writing blog post, articles, social media posts, and … in a way that convince readers to do something or do specific action. This action could be buying a product or service, help a charity, joining the army or etc. Copywriting somehow is a form of writing, and copywriters are commercial writers.
Book explains the copywriting basic concepts. It includes excellent and practical examples.
Shane Hazlewood
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Learn an Ethical Way to Write Persuasively!

If you are tired of marketing and promoting your products, services and ideas and not getting anyone to listen, get a copy of this book now!

If you think all salespeople as slimy snake oil solicitors who don’t care about anything but making a quick buck and moving on, you don’t know people like Ray Edwards, who wrote this book to dispel that myth.

You can sell by presenting facts, feelings, true stories, well-worded headlines, and varied-style bullet po
Ben Freeberg
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
How do you express your big idea in a brief crystal?

Describe their experience as it currently is. Then join the conversation that is going on in their mind. What is that person's problem and pain? Once you understand their issue, then share excitement that you can solve it. Then exaggerate the problem they are facing once more.

You can't just paint a beautiful picture alone, they need to believe they need it. What does it cost them not to solve their problem?

Price of long term cost of not solvin
Danny Reads
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I’ve read a lot of books on writing, but this was by far the most applicable to me. I am a WordPress developer looking to offer sales/marketing copy to extend my product offering and not outsource some of the writing. This was perfect for that. If you’re an aspiring author there’s not as much in here for that specifically.

There are tons of spammy books out there on how to write copy that sells but every step of the way the author insists that doing things the right way will get results. He warn
Yoric
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading at the praise section of the book, it looks like he organized a contest to whom will write the most appealing one.
Nevertheless, it pushes to read more.

The introduction of the topic is selling well:
"- The one marketing tool that created more multimillion-dollar empires from scratch than any other.
- A single strategy that most ignore, thinking it's a mere function, when in fact it is the hear of the entreprise.
- The one skill that can most quickly leverage an idea into income and turn pass
Alex Shrugged
This is an audiobook read by the author and he does a fabulous job of it. However, if one wishes to actually use his advise on how to write advertisements to sell your product, I suspect you will need the buy the book as well.

Any problems with this book? Nothing serious. There is an occassional subtle message that one might want to sign up for his seminar as well. It was not crass. Just informational, but given the advise he was giving in the audiobook, it was no doubt intentional.

I'd listen to
Charly Troff (ReaderTurnedWriter)
I found the book to be very useful in quite a few places. The organization was well done, making it easy for me to skim over the parts that weren't as relevent to me, and the writing was concise. I felt the first half of the book was the best part, with the second half containing a lot of repetitive ideas already covered earlier in the book. It is definitely a useful book if you are wanting to learn how to write basically anything for your business. ...more
Riley Stewart
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ever read a book that you're just busting to talk about and share with people because it's THAT GOOD?
Well thats me, right now.
During that whole first chapter I was itching to finish fast so I could share how good it is in this review.

This book in itself is a gold nugget you HAVE to read if you want to sell more.
Alvaro Berrios
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A clear, concise book on how to write better copy from one of the world's best. Ray Edwards provides actionable formulas and frameworks that are proven to work and based human behavior. So you're not just getting opinions, but rather scientific approached on how to influence people with the power of words. ...more
Richard J. Gadd
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun read, your head will explode

All the marketing that you knew about but didn't realize its existence. Every concept, every strategy that we are bombarded with, manipulated with on a daily basis comes forward like a "wow moment". Knowing the potential power is a real awakening.
Rick Sabatini
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Quick read, and formatted in a way that it can be used as a reference easily. Just reading a few chapters fundamentally changed the way I write ad copy. I ended up making new flyers for my business during the reading of the book. I feel like I know the fundamentals of ad copy and I feel way more confident about writing it. Great book, would recommend to all entrepreneurs.
Anthony L Cullors
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great overall picture and practical steps

Great insight that has opened my awareness on how to approach this thing called copywriting. I look forward implementing many of these steps.
Chuck Cova
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Made lots of notes as the book is broken down into very consumable and useful lists and tips and keys.
In addition, see myself keeping the book within arms reach as a reference guide for the foreseeable future.
Joe Nickels
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well written, gave great tips, methods and did NOT pitch any paid for services.

If you are into sales or copy writing nothing that odf rhe wall. A good addition to my collection because it does talk about how to do it in print, online blog etc
Caleb Fast
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book comes highly recommended by quite a few online marketers. After reading it, I know why. It is second to none, and can propel you ahead in your journey as a professional or hobbyist marketer. I can’t recommend this book highly enough.
J. T.
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid

This book covers a lot of ground. Perhaps too much. There's lots of actionable advice (as the phrase goes) and I had the highlighter finger out. However, (even) more examples would have been helpful. Also perhaps more focus on the sales letter with a deeper dive.
Darren Sapp
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although this is list-oriented (21 points on this or that), the book moves along well. It works in audio, but I'll likely get the paperback to use as a reference copy. A solid guide for first-time copywriters. ...more
Cheryl
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book nails it

Easy to read, and filled with helpful exercises. I recommend this book for beginner and experienced copywriters. Fundamental concepts, and techniques with a twist, or different angle for the experienced copywriter. So good, I plan to read it again.
Jeremy Hung
Jan 12, 2021 rated it liked it
"Remember that whatever you're selling, whether it's a home study program, a book, a seminar, your consulting services--anything at all--what people are buying is not the 'stuff,' it's the transformation." ...more
Lynn Chin
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sales-marketing
Learnt a lot about copywriting from this book. The content is quite powerful and inspiring! Worth to read!
Mark Manderson
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book on how to write copy. Some top takeaways:
Most powerful headline:
Any (audience) can (solve problem) by using (product) because (how it solves).
It's good to leave the reader hanging.
Peter Ransom
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read and right to the point

The pages read easily and are filled with practical and very effective ideas that are well organized for the reader to use and implement.
B. Aaron
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Copy that sells

Great book on copywriting! Everything you need in this one book. I would consider this an essential resource for any business owner or product sales professional!
Leo Safro
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!
Melissa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is in serious need of an editor.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • The Boron Letters
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • The Adweek Copywriting Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Powerful Advertising and Marketing Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Copywriting Secrets
  • Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • Business Made Simple: 60 Days to Master Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Execution, Management, Personal Productivity and More
  • The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells
  • Obviously Awesome: How to Nail Product Positioning so Customers Get It, Buy It, Love It
  • Social Media Success for Every Brand: The Five StoryBrand Pillars That Turn Posts Into Profits
  • Ogilvy on Advertising