Start by marking “How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often” as Want to Read:

Writing copy that sells without seeming “salesy” can be tough, but is an essential business skill. How To Write Copy That Sells is a step-by-step guide to writing fast, easy-to-read, effective copy. It's for everyone who needs to write copy that brings in cash – including copywriters, freelancers, and entrepreneurs.

Inside, you'll find copywriting techniques for email m

Published February 16th 2016 by Morgan James Publishing

To ask other readers questions about How to Write Copy That Sells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Write Copy That Sells

Start your review of How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
William Aicher
Great overview of how to write sales copy. Note this is particularly written for people writing large sales pitches, and not as useful for snippets like Facebook ads etc, unless they are part of an overall lead flow. That said, you could use bits and pieces from this to build out shorter ad copy, but I recommend adding some additional understanding of psychology (for example, read the book 'Influence' by Robert Cialdini) and add the two together.
Kalyn
This book offered some good takeaways, but it read more like a bunch of blog posts compiled into one book rather than a cohesive story arc.
Ahmad hosseini
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: management, content
Copywriting means writing blog post, articles, social media posts, and … in a way that convince readers to do something or do specific action. This action could be buying a product or service, help a charity, joining the army or etc. Copywriting somehow is a form of writing, and copywriters are commercial writers.
Book explains the copywriting basic concepts. It includes excellent and practical examples.
Shane Hazlewood
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Learn an Ethical Way to Write Persuasively!

If you are tired of marketing and promoting your products, services and ideas and not getting anyone to listen, get a copy of this book now!

If you think all salespeople as slimy snake oil solicitors who don’t care about anything but making a quick buck and moving on, you don’t know people like Ray Edwards, who wrote this book to dispel that myth.

You can sell by presenting facts, feelings, true stories, well-worded headlines, and varied-style bullet po
Ben Freeberg
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
How do you express your big idea in a brief crystal?

Describe their experience as it currently is. Then join the conversation that is going on in their mind. What is that person's problem and pain? Once you understand their issue, then share excitement that you can solve it. Then exaggerate the problem they are facing once more.

You can't just paint a beautiful picture alone, they need to believe they need it. What does it cost them not to solve their problem?

Price of long term cost of not solvin
Yoric
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading at the praise section of the book, it looks like he organized a contest to whom will write the most appealing one.
Nevertheless, it pushes to read more.

The introduction of the topic is selling well:
"- The one marketing tool that created more multimillion-dollar empires from scratch than any other.
- A single strategy that most ignore, thinking it's a mere function, when in fact it is the hear of the entreprise.
- The one skill that can most quickly leverage an idea into income and turn pass
Charly Troff (ReaderTurnedWriter)
I found the book to be very useful in quite a few places. The organization was well done, making it easy for me to skim over the parts that weren't as relevent to me, and the writing was concise. I felt the first half of the book was the best part, with the second half containing a lot of repetitive ideas already covered earlier in the book. It is definitely a useful book if you are wanting to learn how to write basically anything for your business.
Riley Stewart
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ever read a book that you're just busting to talk about and share with people because it's THAT GOOD?
Well thats me, right now.
During that whole first chapter I was itching to finish fast so I could share how good it is in this review.

This book in itself is a gold nugget you HAVE to read if you want to sell more.
Alvaro Berrios
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A clear, concise book on how to write better copy from one of the world's best. Ray Edwards provides actionable formulas and frameworks that are proven to work and based human behavior. So you're not just getting opinions, but rather scientific approached on how to influence people with the power of words.
Richard J. Gadd
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun read, your head will explode

All the marketing that you knew about but didn't realize its existence. Every concept, every strategy that we are bombarded with, manipulated with on a daily basis comes forward like a "wow moment". Knowing the potential power is a real awakening.
Robert Koyich
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a tactical book holding a significant amount of solid advice. Though the quality of the writing wasn't exquisite, How to Write Copy That Sells is a valuable book; a must-read if you're in the advertising or online marketing field. I'm still a novice in the realms of sales and marketing, though found my text and behaviours adjusted for the better after reading.
Anthony L Cullors
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great overall picture and practical steps

Great insight that has opened my awareness on how to approach this thing called copywriting. I look forward implementing many of these steps.
Chuck Cova
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Made lots of notes as the book is broken down into very consumable and useful lists and tips and keys.
In addition, see myself keeping the book within arms reach as a reference guide for the foreseeable future.
Joseph Nickels
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well written, gave great tips, methods and did NOT pitch any paid for services.

If you are into sales or copy writing nothing that odf rhe wall. A good addition to my collection because it does talk about how to do it in print, online blog etc
Caleb Fast
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book comes highly recommended by quite a few online marketers. After reading it, I know why. It is second to none, and can propel you ahead in your journey as a professional or hobbyist marketer. I can’t recommend this book highly enough.
J. T.
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid

This book covers a lot of ground. Perhaps too much. There's lots of actionable advice (as the phrase goes) and I had the highlighter finger out. However, (even) more examples would have been helpful. Also perhaps more focus on the sales letter with a deeper dive.
Darren Sapp
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although this is list-oriented (21 points on this or that), the book moves along well. It works in audio, but I'll likely get the paperback to use as a reference copy. A solid guide for first-time copywriters.
Lynn Chin
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sales-marketing
Learnt a lot about copywriting from this book. The content is quite powerful and inspiring! Worth to read!
Mark Manderson
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book on how to write copy. Some top takeaways:
Most powerful headline:
Any (audience) can (solve problem) by using (product) because (how it solves).
It's good to leave the reader hanging.
Peter Ransom
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read and right to the point

The pages read easily and are filled with practical and very effective ideas that are well organized for the reader to use and implement.
B. Aaron
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Copy that sells

Great book on copywriting! Everything you need in this one book. I would consider this an essential resource for any business owner or product sales professional!
Leo Safro
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!
Melissa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is in serious need of an editor.
Garland Vance
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, business
Excellent insights on how to write copy to sell digital content.
Emily
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is really practical, and one that I want to keep on my shelf close by because I have a feeling I'll reference it often.
Nathanael Fernandez
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very valuable information

I feel like I just went through an entire college course. So much of this information is soooo useful!!! Will definitely read it again!
James
Good points but nothing earth shattering
Julie Stroud
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the author for learning about sales copy writing. I will have this book on my shelf, readily available for years to come.
Sam
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best book on writing digital sales copy out there.
Jessica Noel
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I use this book as a reference to come back to for basic and practical information. If you're looking for a copywriting book with depth, I would choose a different book.

• Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • Ogilvy on Advertising
  • Copywriting Secrets
  • Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business
  • New Sales. Simplified.: The Essential Handbook for Prospecting and New Business Development
  • The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells
  • Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine
  • Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
  • Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content