Start by marking “Help! I'm Laughing and I Can't Get Up: Fall-Down Funny Stories to Fill Your Heart and Lift Your Spirit” as Want to Read:

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  129 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Discover seven reasons why people laugh, plus seven body benefits of laughter. Reveals the four humor personalities...and which category you fit in. Helps readers realize that God gave us a funny bone...we just need to find out how to use it.
Published May 5th 1998 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Help! I'm Laughing and I Can't Get Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help! I'm Laughing and I Can't Get Up

Rebecca Ray
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Liz Curtis Higgs began her writing career as a humorist, so over the course of traveling and speaking with women and corresponding with them, Higgs has collected a lot of stories. In this book, Higgs takes funny stories from over five hundred people and shared some of her funniest stories.

The stories are categorized in several sections. The first section is as action of stories telling how we can find humor in all parts of our lives.

The second section involves seven types of laughter. The storie
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
It's not as funny as I'd hoped for, but I did giggle a couple of times.
Jill Rippon
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very funny book, with true life experiences. As some comedians have said you can't make up funnier stuff than true life events. Our book club read this book February 2014. I recommend this book for all people especially women >40. Younger than 40 probably won't appreciate the events to come in their lives or see them as humorous. My "Opinion".
Sara Nowlin-Edens
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Liz Curtis Higgs makes you enjoy a trip in a small car in Scotland. Her view of her travels is one of her funniest looks a life in the wrong lane. This is thoroughly enjoyable and the best book to read when in need of a laugh!
Charity U
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
It was good, clean humor! True stories from life! I enjoyed it quite a bit. About 1/3 of the book is about the different humor types...sunny, cloudy, stormy, and foggy. The way they laugh, and the humor they enjoy corresponds with what type they are.
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
It is a good book. It has some funny things and different humor. Though some things weren't so funny as much as just being there. It does have clean jokes but there are a few things that probably aren't so clean when you really think about them.
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Probably one of the most hilarious story/joke books.
Jan 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any Woman who needs a laugh!
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! It was so funny - I would recommend this to any one.
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

One of Liz Curtis Higgs older books I had recently heard about. Need a giggle or two .. you'll find it here.
This is a good beach read... not highly recomended for anywhere where you have to be quiet (i.e. libraries, airplanes,ect.) a funny feel good book with stories that most anyone can relate to.
Mar 17, 2010 added it
Recommends it for: Anna
Great for some really deep down belly laughs.
Mar 20, 2008 added it
Alison Gracely
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
I guesd I'm cloudy most of it didn't tickle my funny bone.
Aug 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
  • Laughing in the Dark: A Comedian's Journey through Depression
  • The Face That Demonstrates the Farce of Evolution
  • The Satan Seller
  • Knowing God by Name: A Girlfriends in God Faith Adventure
  • Portraits of Integrity: Real People Who Demonstrated Godly Character (Volume 1)
  • Stories for the Heart: Over 100 Stories to Encourage Your Soul
  • A More Excellent Way: Be in Health: Pathways of Wholeness, Spiritual Roots of Disease
  • Thrive: The Single Life as God Intended
  • Elijah, Steps to a life of power
  • Parenting in the pew : guiding your children into the joy of worship
  • The Language of Love and Respect: Cracking the Communication Code with Your Mate
  • Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire
  • 30 Days to Understanding the Bible in 15 Minutes in a Day
  • Through Rushing Water
  • The World of Jesus: Making Sense Of The People And Places Of Jesus' Day
  • Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds
  • The Grace Awakening: Believing in Grace Is One Thing. Living it Is Another
  • The Mingling of Souls: God's Design for Love, Marriage, Sex, and Redemption
Former Bad Girl, grateful for the grace God offers. Happy wife of Bill, one of the Good Guys. Proud mom of two grown-up kids with tender hearts. Lame housekeeper. Marginal cook. Pitiful gardener. Stuff I love? Encouraging my sisters in Christ—across the page, from the platform, online, in person. Unpacking Scripture. Traveling wherever God leads. Listening to His heart. Leaning into His embrace.
More about Liz Curtis Higgs...