Start by marking “Wild Magic (Fool's Gold, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild Magic (Fool's Gold, #2)

Wild Magic (Fool's Gold #2)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  818 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The brilliant follow-up to Sorcery Rising and the continuation of the "fascinating" (Anne McCaffrey) Fool's Gold trilogy penned by Jude Fisher-a major U.K. publisher who oversees all of J.R.R. Tolkien's work.

Magic has returned to Elda, creating all manner of wonders and terrors. None yet know that the source of this magic is the legendary Rosa Eldi, restored to the world,
Published July 6th 2004 by DAW (first published July 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Magic

Algernon
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it
[5/10]
Glitterfairy
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone stupid enough to enjoy the first book, or love the characters enough to read through pain
Shelves: fantasy
Having originally written a supportive review of Book 1, Book 2 is depressingly under par. In fact, questionable sophistication aside it's got some bad structure and storytelling style, period.

My main gripes with this book is that Book 1 had potential - raw potential that really should have been perfected and fulfilled in all its glory for Books 2 and 3 - but in Book 2 it was carelessly quashed. Which sucks because I like these characters in the same way I liked the characters in some of Feist's
Thaddeus Nowak
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story, but again, it is good that all three books are available. The book does just end, leaving one waiting for the next one in the series.

I like most of the characters in the story, though I find at least one of the protagonists to be lacking a bit in his character. Perhaps it is more who he is supposed to be, but I wonder if his actions are a bit contrived. He fails to stand up for himself or others when needed and while I am sure it drives the continued plot in the next book, I
Tiffany
Oct 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
I've been researching sequels and wanted to try reading a book that I wasn't familiar with the first book. I liked some of Jude Fisher's other books, so tried this series.I don't like the jump around perspective where it changes from one character to another each chapter. I'd like to just stay with the main, but I can understand how stories split and you need to tell each side. I really related to Katla, and was piecing together the world created easily. It seemed based on the normal UK, Irish, ...more
Katie
Feb 08, 2017
Darcy Stewart
Nov 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. There was a lot more in this book then there was in the last one. There was a lot of excitement in this one. I absolutely loved it. I don't like some of the characters. I don't like the Istrians in the book unless it's Saro. War begins between the Eyrans and Istrians. I really like the Rosa Eldi. I really like her name rose of the world. She's an amazing character because she isn't what she appears to be. In the first book I didn't like her because I felt there was som ...more
Gina
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story is an excellent read. There are many story lines going on. This second book was a good continuation of the characters from the first book. About half way through it the actual story line becomes clear which completely changes the emotions. It ends in a bit of a cliff hanger, so I'm anxious to get started on the next one.
Shianan
Jan 02, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read it only to find out what happens to Katla. I also skipped huge chunks of text many times without missing any story. There's too much description and memory flashbacks (and Katla remembered when she was 5 the time when....etc.)
Ann
May 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Ik ben gestopt met het lezen van dit boek. Er zit zo'n neerwaartse spiraal in dat ik het niet meer leuk vond. En de manier waarop er met vrouwen wordt omgegaan vind ik ook niet goed beschreven. Vandaar. Wel jammer aangezien het eerste boek zo veelbelovend is.
Whitney Stanfield
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Once I picked up this series, I seriously couldn't put it down. I loved how the pov flowed from one character to another. I also really enjoyed the social commentary. Great read for people that like magic and strong characters.
Pauli
Nov 03, 2010 added it
This is the second book in the series and It draws you in and reads quickly. I'm looking forward to reading Rose of the World, the final book in the series.
Lindsay
Jul 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2008
The second book in the fool's gold trilogy, was as good as the first. The storyline is good, with the adventures of a number of different characters woven together.
Tina
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
wow one of my absolute favorite fantasy books ever!
Jed
Jul 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Good book. I gave it less stars due to the rape that hapens in this book. Over all I did like it though.
Ziona
Apr 01, 2015
Wende
Oct 27, 2014
Andrew Fielding
rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2015
Terence
Jun 08, 2008
Courtnee Gates
May 12, 2015
  • Gods' Concubine (The Troy Game, #2)
  • The Demon Redcoat (Traitor to the Crown, #3)
  • Fallowblade (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #4)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • The Lady of Han-Gilen (Avaryan Rising, #2)
  • The Destroyer Goddess (Chronicles of Sirkara, #3)
  • The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)
  • Crown of Stars (Crown of Stars, #7)
  • The Usurper's Crown (Isavalta, #2)
  • Holder of Lightning (The Cloudmages #1)
  • Treason's Shore (Inda, #4)
Jude Fisher is the pseudonym for Jane Johnson, who is the Publisher of HarperCollins' science fiction and fantasy list, Voyager. She has also been involved in the publishing of JRR Tolkien's works for many years. As Gabriel King she has written four novels, with co-author M. John Harrison: THE WILD ROAD, THE GOLDEN CAT, THE KNOT GARDEN and NONESUCH. She is also the author of the official VISUAL CO ...more
More about Jude Fisher...

Fool's Gold (3 books)
  • Sorcery Rising (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • The Rose of the World (Fool's Gold, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99