Start by marking “Solidify (Woodland Creek)” as Want to Read:
Solidify (Woodland Creek)

Solidify (Woodland Creek)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Woodland Creek Series.
30 Authors. 30 Shifter Stories.

This is a standalone paranormal shifter romance.

Being a hero is overrated.

Malachi Arend is a brazen loner who wants nothing more than to get the hell out of the small town of Woodland Creek. As he’s leaving, he stumbles across a nurse named Phoebe Reynolds, a newly minted Caladrius shifter who takes the shape of a snow-w
ebook
Published November 15th 2015 by Lyrical Lit. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Solidify, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solidify

Mandy
I received Solidify in return for an honest review from the author. Malachi has nothing left for him in Woodland Creek and is ready to leave for good to start over somewhere new but on his way out of town he meets Phoebe alone on the road with white feathers. Phoebe has no idea that she is a shifter but Malachi explains that she’s a bird shifter and maybe she was cursed because she should have known by now.

Malachi hasn’t fit in he’s always been the black sheep of the shifter community but when P
Alicia Huxtable
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Quick Read

I did enjoy this story as there aren't many stories about shifters who don't know what they are until suddenly it happens. Both Malachi and Pheobe are strong characters and although it was all wrapped up in the end, it still felt like something was missing. Very good read though and I recommend it
Lissette
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Malachi Arend wants nothing more than to leave his roots behind. To make a new life for himself away from the prying eyes and ears from the residents of Woodland Creek. In his mind, leaving will finally absolve him of the guilt he feels surrounding his father's death. Until he meets the beautiful Phoebe Reynolds. It's then his life takes an unexpected turn.

From the moment I began reading Solidify , I knew this novella/series would be a keeper. Alexia takes the lore surrounding shifters, and ups
Autumn
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, arc

I received this book to give an honest review.

Malachi is a shifter and is tired of being the town of Woodland Creek no one likes him and he is okay with that. His past is what has people talking about him and what not but who cares about that right. As he is leaving something has fallen right in front of him as he is leaving. As we read on we learn who this person is her name is Phoebe and unknown to herself she is a shifter. Of course being a shifter in the town you are suppose to be quiet no o
Amy
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it so much!!!! The story is so captivating and unique!! In all my years of reading I've never came across a book like this one!! It's a story about shifters.. one in particular who doesn't know what she is or how she came to be what she is.. and a gargon who was cursed and after revenge!! (Sounds exciting right???!!)
It definitely grabbed my attention like WHOA! And kept me hooked until the very end!! And the characters are so COOOL!!!
The story has depth and awesome detail.. the way the
Belinda Clemons
Shelves: woodland-creek
I got this book from Alexia Purdy for a honest review.
This is a great shifter book with a little bit of mythology thrown in. I absolutely loved it.
The first chapter started with a bang where Malachi hit Phoebe with his truck.
Malachi tells Phoebe the next morning that she is a shifter a white bird, but he doesn't know what kind, and that he is a wolverine.
They learn the next day that a gorgon is going about town turning shifters into stone.
Malachi and Phoebe find a Prophecy about a ancient cu
Michelle Bost
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read many of Alexia' s books and as with them I never want them to end. Alexia is a wonderful author, that even in a quick reads, brings the characters into your life. The characters are solid and the story is very interesting. I don't review as a spoiler, don't care much for the ones that do, but I would highly recommend any book that Alexia has written. Thank you Alexia for allowing me to read your books. Reading your woodland creek makes me want to read the rest. Great job, keep up the ...more
Lisa
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few shifter books and I love them. This one did not disappoint.
Malachi is a wolverine shifter who, literally, runs into Phoebe, a bird shifter, who has no idea what she is.
Nothing makes sense until Malachi has a dream and discovers it wasn't just a dream but a premonition of things to come. After that things get really weird for Phoebe and Malachi.

I absolutely loved this books. It kept my attention. It had a little romance, suspense and adventure.
5 Stars for Solidify
Today
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it was well written and had a lot of personality. I highly recommend this book.
Terri
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super cute, fast read.
Malachi is a loner, a wolverine shifter whose had it with his hometown, magical hotspot Woodland Creek and leaving for good when he literally bumps into a bird shifter with his truck and is forced to help her. Pheobe is a nurse and according to her most certainly NOT A SHIFTER but she can't explain or remember what had happened that had her so panicked that she turned into a bird and flew away in a blind flight to escape it. As our two shifter friends search for
Lori Vandenburg
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Woodland Creek Series. This is another great story with the series. Malachi is a loner and is ready to leave town. Leaving isn't an option when he nearly hits a woman in the road. Phoebe has been thrust into a secret world that has been hiding in plain sight. She is scared and confused. Then Malachi shows up in her life and becomes her rock. Now to find out what has happened to her. How did this happen? Why now? If you like a sweet love story with a little mystery twist, then you will ...more
Cait
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this is certainly not your everyday shifter story

This story is anything but boring and it certainly isn't your everyday recycled shifter story. This story definitely stands out among the crowd. It had a shifter I had never heard of before, magical abilities and a very quirky town that made for a fun and captivating story.
Mordaen
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Got the book free for a review...

That is about all the good things to say about this book. Her other books are much better as this one is almost too simple to live. The plot is predictable as a river flooding, rain is forcast for tomorrow...

Stopped reading after halfway through, no point as it was obvious where it was going.
Nessa
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I'd like to say that I really like the beautiful cover of this book. It just grabbed my attention from the moment I looked at it. The story was well written and I found it to also be immensely fascinating because of the mythology that was used. I love Gorgons and the story behind them, not to mention also loving them in any story. Phoebe and malachi were good together, although, there were times when I felt that she was more concerned about Philip. He did have his surprises so I di ...more
Christine
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arc review for honest review. Malachi was leaving woodland creak when he hits phoned on the road at least he thinks he did both are shape shifters and a mystery. cute.
Erin
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well…I can start by saying Alexia Purdy does it again!! I absolutely adored this book, and the characters she created – even the bad ones. The most stand out part of this book to me is that it wasn’t just your average shifter book. The TYPES of shifters were incredibly creative, and the way some of the stories crossed made it even better.

This book was paranormal, it was sweetly romantic – just enough, not over the top – and a pull-you-in mystery. I devoured it. I loved it. I hated that it was a
Kristy
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride, this was my first book from Alexia Purdy, I went in there not sure what to expect, but what I read was far better. 'Solidify' is Alexia's installment for the "Woodland Creek" collection, a collaboration of 30 authors all writing about 1 little town in Indiana USA, I was intrigued with the concept behind this collection.

This was quite a ride I can tell you, what a way to find a new author & the shifter/paranormal subjects within this book?? WOW. An ancient curse (you could almos
Ginelle Blanch
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Really cool idea with a good storyline and strong characters. Everything just felt a bit rushed. This was a really fast read.

I'd love to know more about Malachi's story, his work after his father's death. I think it would be real interesting to hear about his jobs, they why of them. I like that he has such a dark past and yet, he is able to help a perfect stranger with compassion.

Phoebe is also a bit of a mystery. I'd like to know more about her life before the accident that introduced her to Ma
Lady
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out Of Myth

This is a stand alone novel.

Malachi is a wolverine shifter who was raised by a human man. He had to fend for himself alot (especially as his father got drunk and accidentally killed himself giving rise to rumors.of patricide) and left town a pariah. Now he is about to leave town again (for real this time) when he sees a flurry of feathers that turns into a beautiful (naked) blond woman. He can't help himself. He feels the need to help her. Will she be okay? Will he ever figure out wh
Petula
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Malachi has had enough of Woodland Creek. The other shifters are always trying to involve him in something. He likes his solitary life.
Phoebe doesn't understand what has happened to her, or why it happened. She is apparently a shifter. She had no idea there were such things. Now she needs to know what to do about it. Sprouting feathers when she gets angry can be upsetting.
They both have to find out who is turning shifters to stone and how to stop them. Our hero is not a nice man, but he is exa
Sheryl
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a complimentary copy for an honest review by author Alexia Purdy. This is from the Woodland Creek series by the author.

Malachi Arend is leaving Woodland Creek for good but when he ends up coming across a beautiful woman in the road and now he feels a pull to help her. Phoebe Reynolds is a nurse at the local hospital but when she ends up shifting with little memory except for flying she gets help from a handsome Malachi. Problem is someone is turning shifters into stone and Malachi an
Sheri
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alexia-purdy
There's nothing like a good shifter story. Add in suspense, drama and action, that makes for an amazing read. Phoebe had no idea what was going on when she grew feathers and took flights. When Malachi hits Phoebe, things start getting stranger. Shifers are being turned to stone and someone is trying to kill Phoebe. According to legend, she must die to save the others. Can Phoebe and Malachi find an answer that does not involve Phoebe's death? I'll never tell. You have to read the book to find ou ...more
Aletia
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Don't let the cover fool you

I've been interested in Alexia Purdy's writing, for about the last year. Life gets in the way, but I made a promise to read and review this, and I am thankful I did.

I was afraid it was going to be one of those shifter romances I see in my emailers, hot n tawdry. Which is not my reading choice.

This book, this author, have solidified ;) my interest! The wonderful writing, is reason enough. Because of this one book, I am interested to see what the other 29 authors have d
Eva Mcfarden

Alexia Purdy brought quite the emotion to this book. You can feel Malachi's loneliness that surrounds him and his need for escape from being cast aside. His feelings towards his father were unexpected. When Phoebe just drops into his life as she did, Malachi realizes he has to help her. Though strangers from the beginning, their feelings toward each other can be felt as well as predicted, but the mystery behind how they met, brings forth, suspense, longing, sadness, hope and love.
A ve
Teri
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Purdy does it again. She weaves a tale that just keeps on going and keeps you chasing the story to find out what happens. The story starts with a lonely man running from a lonely life literally runs into a lady running for her life. What follows is a story of discovery for both of them and leads them on an adventure. Will they get the answers they need and find a love that has been missing from their loves in the process? A Great read!
Jenni Moen
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had a few of Ms. Purdy's books on my kindle for some time but this is the first one I've had the opportunity to actually read. Now I can't wait to read the rest. Solidify grabbed me from the very beginning and kept me hanging on until the end. With deep characters and a meaningful storyline, you'll be surprised at the robust story you get from this sweet, suspenseful novella.
Scott Ryan
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from the group of authors writing in Woodland Creek; I hope there will be more, although I have a number I have not read yet. Did guess who the Gorgon was, although was not sure, and that did not cut down on the suspense! I have been following Alexia Purdy for a while, and like her writing style.
Monica Alvarado
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Alexia for allowing me to read your book. I have read many of Alexia' s books and Alexia is a wonderful author,
She really know how to draw the readers. I would highly recommend any book that Alexia has written. I can't wait to read more of the woodland creek novellas. Great job!
Jill
.Let me start by saying that I am not a paranormal fan in the least. I thought this was just going to be another read. Was I ever wrong. Alexia! I loved it! I read it in an hour and I can't wait to see what comes next! The story had more than one layer and left me satisfied not wanting more.
Ann-marie Morency
Amazing series

Every book in this series is spectacular. Each one unique and heartfelt. Supernatural and shifter books are my favorite books to read. Truly enjoyed reading this book.
« previous 1 3 next »
Alexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada–Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She loves writing paranormal fantasy and poetry and devours books daily. Alexia also enjoys watching movies, dancing, singing loudly in the car and Italian food.

Visit h
More about Alexia Purdy

Woodland Creek (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Gargoyle (Woodland Creek)
  • Zenko (Woodland Creek)
  • Bear With Me (Woodland Creek)
  • Crow's Caw at Nightmoon Creek (Woodland Creek)
  • The Scarlett Legacy
  • Moonlit Feathers (Woodland Creek)
  • Treagar's Redemption
  • Phoenix Reborn (Woodland Creek)
  • Broken Wings (Woodland Creek)
  • Dragon's Web (Woodland Creek)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Six Wakes
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)