Start by marking “Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know” as Want to Read:

How Does She Do It?

We all know-and envy-women who appear to live "charmed" lives. They seem to unhurriedly and effortlessly manage the whirlwind of their busy lives with grace and poise. Good things happen to them, and their lives are filled with serendipity, joy, and prosperity. But it's not a matter of luck, according to Victoria Moran; a charmed life isn't something tha
Published April 7th 1999 by HarperOne (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Creating a Charmed Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating a Charmed Life

Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Book Overview

This compact book is filled with practical and sensible advice for women (and men!) who would like to create a charmed life, which the author characterizes as unhurried, effortless and filled with grace and poise. The subtitle of the book is "Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know." The "secrets" are truly sensible—there isn't anything earth-shattering here. It is common-sense stuff that we all know but probably never take the time to remember or practice.

The book
Kitty
Jan 11, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a bit different than the usual "get happy" books. I think it would be difficult to read straight through in one shot, but it's perfect for reading just a little bit each night before bed - which is what I did. There are 75 "secrets" - small chapters that each include a different suggestion for improving your life. Because they are all so different, it would be difficult to just suddenly start following them all. Instead, I enjoyed each one as sort of a "positive thought" before bed, and ...more
Jen
Jun 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book! I discovered it quite by accident at least eight years ago in the "spa" section of a St. Paul gift shop. Since then, I've purchased and given away more copies than I can possibly count. Moran's words are gentle and inspiring; each chapter is easily read in just a few minutes. With every reading, I find more nuggets of wisdom than the last. Buy one for yourself, your mom, your aunts, your best friends---any woman who wants and deserves to live a "charmed" and wonderful life.
Frances
Aug 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
A good friend of mine in college bought me this book, and i'll thank him forever for it. This is one of those books that as you read it, it all made so much sense that you couldn't see how you weren't living your life this way before. You couldn't help but smile and think about the way your life is already charmed!

Angela
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maria
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is filled with a treasure trove of knowledge and practical things to do to create a life full of magic and charm. It will be kept on my reference shelf so anytime I want to just pick it up, I can read from its pages for enlightenment and uplifting words.
Lizbeth
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read for every woman 💪👍👏
Emilie
Sep 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Emilie by: Stacy Julian
Shelves: what-i-love
I adore this book!

Without sounding over-confident, I have often had others ask me how my life seems so good. Of course, I have had really difficult times, but in general I am so happy. I never knew what to tell them. However, reading this book has really opened my eyes. A lot of the hints I already, naturally, have in place and really do contribute to my life being charmed. I also learned many new steps to making my life even more sublime.

This book is all about giving you simple small changes th
Suzan Oktaria
Terkadang kita berpikir bahwa hanya orang lain saja yang bisa memiliki hidup yang bahagia dan penuh daya tarik, sedangkan hidup kita sendiri biasa-biasa saja. namun sebenarnya, kita semua mampu membangun kehidupan seperti itu, di mana keberhasilan merupakan suatu hal biasa saja, dan hasil yang memuaskan bukanlah sesuatu yang luar biasa. Create A Charmed Life memberikan petunjuk untuk meraihnya.

Buku “Bahagia dalam Kesibukan – How to Create a Charmed Life” karya Victoria Moran, bertujuan menjadika
Sharon
Mar 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm so thankful I discovered Victoria Moran's books this year! She's the enchanting, sensible, best friend (who isn’t afraid to give you a kick in the pants every now and then) you've never had. Each chapter of 'Creating a Charmed Life' divulges a secret (more like techniques) that can make your life more dreamy. My favorite secrets were "Give Up Your Mountain", "Redefine Lady" and " Be Specific." It's amazing how changing little things (even your toothpaste) can make your days happier and your ...more
Cyndia Montgomery
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has actually been sitting on my bedside table for over two years. Each night, faced with reading this book or another, I would invariably choose another. I did manage to get halfway through, and today made the decision not to finish it.
I suppose this book would be helpful to someone who has never read a self-help book before, but I found nothing I hadn't already read somewhere else.
Carol
Jan 31, 2017 added it
A Hallmark book stuffed with hundreds of "pearls of wisdom. The book is 2 to 3 page chapters on a variety of subjects such as: Follow Your Heart, Coexist Gracefully with the Unresolved, Live Your Life in Chapters, Breathe, Dance With Your Shadow, Sanctify the Ordinary.

Giving to me from a friend. I plan to pass it on to my daughter.
Laksmi
Oct 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
Lagi kecapean di airport nemu buku ini...trus di beli trus..di baca... Cukup menghibur dan ngasih banyak masukan untuk menghargai pekerjaan yang kita miliki. Setidaknya buku ini berhasil memberikan sedikit ketenangan di tengah2 jadwal kerja dan perjalanan yang gila2an. Recomended utk orang2 yang super sibuk dan kadang ngerasa kurang "beruntung" dengan kesibukannya itu..hehehe...(pas banget)!!
Cheryl
May 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A book that changed my life. True, it is one of those self help books...but not a long drawn out affair. You can open this book to any of the 2-3 page chapters and find something that will make a difference in your day. The author made me realize that how good a life you have is really defined by you.
Carol
Jun 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
My friend's mother wrote this book and I went to a reading/signing of hers a few weeks ago. It is very well written and so far I am enjoying it a lot. I will write a more in depth review when I am done.
Katie
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Victoria Moran is a lovely writer. I like how she presents her advice, short and sweet, take ir or leave and very practical. This is the book that convinced me to really try and make the bed every day.
Denise
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All women must read this book. We need to lift one another up and remind each other of these principles. I have passed this book to my daughter with instructions to keep it moving through family and friends. Such an uplifting delight.
Kate Lawrence
Apr 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This little book is not new, but is packed with wise, spiritually-oriented advice on how to live an optimal life. Chapters are short, ideal for reading before bed. Victoria's tone is warm and encouraging, taking commonsense topics and expanding them with a freshness that makes them sparkle.
Rae
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I adore Victoria's books. They are well written, eloquent and spot on. What shines through most is her passion and authenticity. I loved the little nuggets this book offered and will undoubtedly come back to its pages when I need some inspiration and uplifting.
Rawan Mahmoud
Jun 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't continue reading it . It's very poorly written . It's like the author thought she is talking to her 10 year old kid .. Stacked a bunch of life bubbly advises ... ( which is close to listening to your mom lecturing you ) .
Waste of time .. And money .

Sharon Glassman
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing

victoria is my friend. but before she was my friend, i knew her as the woman who wrote the book I loved to pieces (literally). if she writes it, it's worth reading, and could seriously up the quality of life beside...
Rebecca
Jul 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Loved this little book of wisdom. It was full of stuff I really already knew but it was put in terms so much better then I could express. Wish I could have read it twice through but alas the Library doesn't seem to lend out indefinitely.
Damaris
Sep 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this little book. It reminds me of all the things that are important and ways to eliminate a lot of the unimportant things that disctract me from the important ones. And it reminds me of how grateful for all the blessings and tender mercies that have made up so much of my life.
Cathy Newton
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I heard Victoria speak at a Women's Conference and was enchanted with her stories, style and sincerity. I immediately bought this book and devoured her wisdom. I have used so many of her delightful strategies for creating my own "charmed life." I have often re-read this inspiring book!
AnnaM
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a deep and inspiring book for me. I'd read a little and have to stop to contemplate. It's a keeper that I plan to reread every year or two.
Lisa P.
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Optimistic and makes you think. Short stories can be read in between the bustle of life.
Danielle
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Contained some inspiring ideas, but would have felt less overwhelming and redundant if the author focused on the ten most important instead of seventy four.
LemontreeLime
It was sweet. The author means well.
Helen
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's about self help, self encouragement and seriously makes you think about your life.
innae
Jun 19, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: health, non-fiction
I finished reading this, and although it is a lot like many of the other "make your life better" books, I liked so many of the suggestions. I believe I will be keeping it around for a while.
  • Reluctant Entertainer, The: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality
  • Prosperity Pie: How to Relax About Money and Everything Else
  • Living Artfully: Create the Life You Imagine
  • Altars: Bringing Sacred Shrines into Your Everyday Life
  • Remembering the Future: The Path to Recovering Intuition
  • The Joy of Not Working:  A Book for the Retired, Unemployed and Overworked
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year
  • The Anti 9 to 5 Guide: Practical Career Advice for Women Who Think Outside the Cube
  • The Mindful Woman: Gentle Practices for Restoring Calm, Finding Balance, and Opening Your Heart
  • Goddess Alive!: Inviting Celtic & Norse Goddesses Into Your Life
  • Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • Life Makeovers: 52 Practical & Inspiring Ways to Improve Your Life One Week at a Time
  • Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life
  • Energy Addict: 101 Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Ways to Energize Your Life
  • Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life: How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect and Happiness
  • Advanced Wicca: Exploring Deeper Levels of Spiritual Skills and Masterful Magick
Victoria Moran is an inspirational speaker, a certified life coach, and the author of ten books, including Lit from Within; Fat, Broke & Lonely No More; and the international bestseller Creating a Charmed Life. Her articles have appeared in numerous publications, including Body + Soul, Natural Health, and Yoga Journal. Her blog, “Your Charmed Life,” is published daily on Beliefnet. She lives a ...more