Start by marking “Ansible for DevOps” as Want to Read:
Ansible for DevOps

Ansible for DevOps

Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool (with a few other tricks up its sleeve). This book will help those familiar the command line and basic shell scripting start using Ansible to provision and manage anywhere from one to thousands of servers.

The book begins with fundamentals, like installing Ansible, setting up a basic inv
Published October 10th 2015 by Midwestern Mac, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Ansible for DevOps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ansible for DevOps

Start your review of Ansible for DevOps
Michael Koltsov
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book, which is an uncommon event for me as I usually buy all books by myself. Moreover, I was given a paper version of the book.

Therefore, there were absolutely no regrets regarding this book =) The book is concise and covers almost all parts of Ansible I’ve ever heard of. The only exception was the case when you need to deal with a server that’s under a jump host/bastion, which is very common for cloud deployments as they usually are done in a VPC network of some ki
Stephen Heverin
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy and solid introduction to Ansible and getting up to speed on thinking about your infrastructure as code. Even if you are looking at other tools and technologies in this space, it would still be a good idea to read this book. Outside of the syntax specific to Ansible, the use cases, processes and guidelines presented are applicable to any tool looking to do infrastructure as code (IaC), DevOps, or CI/CD.
Soham Chakraborty
Recommended for folks who are starting out in ansible. Lays out how the technology came into being, how it is used and how it can be used in configuration management/application deployment.

I still think that Puppet is the better tool for configuration management, albeit with a higher learning curve. We will see how the configuration management tools pan out in future.
Miguel
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good start to anyone using ansible for DevOps. If you're a seasoned DevOps professional, I'd skim then skip to the back to the best practices section. These are great but I don't think it's worth the cost of the book alone. I'd still recommend
Logan
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I originally read this book when I started using Ansible a couple of years ago, and I just re-read it as part of a review. It's an excellent overview of Ansible, and Jeff Geerling regularly updates it to keep it current.
Tony Poerio
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Solid foundation and practical examples for using Ansible in your projects. If you're not sure where to start -- start here. Should give you everything you need.
Steve Vaughn
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well organized
Siyuan Liu
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very good introduction to Ansible. Easy to understand yet deep enough. I think it's a very good complimentary of the Ansible documentation, which is also surprisingly good.
Alessandro Pellizzari
Contiene molti utili esempi di cosa si possa fare con Ansible, è ben organizzato e copre diversi casi nuovi e interessanti.

Il problema è che le spiegazioni sono spesso scritte male, poco chiare o poco approfondite. A volte sembra scritto per qualcuno che conosce già Ansible e cerca solo qualche idea per usarlo.
Miguel David
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ansible for Devops is a collection of explained examples of playbooks by the author. In the process he explains the workings of ansible and how it connects with other tools. A fan of Ansible myself, I knew most of what was written already but learned some new things as well. As the book matures and gains new chapters (like the one on CI/CD), it becomes better and better. Good job Mr Geerling!
Vitaliy Zhhuta
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i'd recommend this book to everyone who would like to learn Ansibel
Dmitry
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quite good book, provides both theory and practice advises regarding Ansible, good enough to start to get familiar with the tool
Ivan
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Хорошая книга, с подробными и, что главное, понятными объяснениями и вполне себе жизненными примерами. Хотя в основном про вэб, и т.д. Для новичков, вроде меня, в самый раз.
Mini
Good one for DevOps folks working on provisioning
Ajitabh Pandey
Brilliantly written, consists of lot of example.s. Covers deploying infrastructure as a code as well as deployments.
Nicholas
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Already changed how I automate my production machines. Every chapter has a nugget even an experience user would fine interesting. The Best Practice appendix should be a required chapter.
Karl Fischer
Oct 24, 2019
GEORGIOS KARAKOUGIOUMTZIS
Sep 21, 2019
Jeff Geerling
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ghobadimhd

• Kubernetes in Action
  • Docker Deep Dive
  • The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
  • Pro Git
  • The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
  • Docker for Sysadmins: Linux Windows VMware
  • Kubernetes: Up & Running
  • Ansible: Up and Running: Automating Configuration Management and Deployment the Easy Way
  • Infrastructure as Code: Managing Servers in the Cloud
  • The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and Unix System Programming Handbook
  • Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems
  • The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering
  • Coders at Work: Reflections on the Craft of Programming
  • The Docker Book: Containerization is the new virtualization
  • Data Storage Networking: Real World Skills for the CompTIA Storage+ Certification and Beyond

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“Bad planning on your part does not  \ | constitute an emergency on my part. | \ (Proverb)                           /  -------------------------------------” 0 likes