Start by marking “Wet, Hot, Australian Christmas” as Want to Read:
Wet, Hot, Australian Christmas

Wet, Hot, Australian Christmas

Reid, an American shark research scientist, is in Perth, Australia working to develop a mobile app that may revolutionize shark safety practices. But even the company of his boyfriend, Graham, isn't enough to stave off homesickness as Christmas approaches, and a missing shark and Graham's struggling business seem set to ruin the holiday for good.
Published December 16th 2015 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Wet, Hot, Australian Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wet, Hot, Australian Christmas

MLE
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm
I received this book as an ARC though NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I don't usually like stories featuring established couples, but this story really worked for me. I think it was because their relationship was strong, and the story wasn't about any sort of drama between the two of them. I really liked Reid, and could understand his longing for his home, and familiar holiday traditions. The information about sharks was fascinating, and it added a lot to the story. I respected Reid,
Teal
Only 33 pages and I can't even finish it! There's only so much I can take of a grown man whining and whimpering about how Christmas in Australia isn't exactly like Christmas in America. Grow up, asshole.

DNF @ 30%
Trisha Harrington
I’m a bit of a sucker for a good established couple story. It has to be done the right way, otherwise it’s a bust for me. Thankfully Wet, Hot, Australian Christmas is just the type of established couple story that I like. It’s sweet, with not a lot of angst and a happy ending to make you feel good.

I loved Reid and Graham’s relationship. I really felt the love the two had for each other.

I understood Reid a lot. His struggle with being home sick and trying to put on a brave face for Graham made hi
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*copy provided to bayou book junkie by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Reid came to Australia a year ago, he not only found his dream job, tagging sharks and helping invent safer ways to keep them and humans separated and safe from one another, but he also found the love of his life in an Australian surfer, Graham. It's Christmas time, but Reid is a little homesick. You shouldn't be able to hang out at the beach at Christmas time, should you?

This was a sweet and romantic read.
W.S. Long
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story

This is a sweet short novelette about Graham and Reid as they struggle through the Christmas in very, hot Australia.
Justin
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This story was ok for me but everyone else seems to have loved it.
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to read this short book. Unique holiday stories are fun and the setting and themes of this story certainly set it apart from the rest. I also wanted to try my first book by this author and this short story seemed like a good choice.

Reid and Graham are an established couple, which leaves the story free to focus on other things. The relationship is solid and the conflicts they have to deal with are external. For such a short story it is a good way to avoid the setup of a new rel
Emily
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m not normally a big fan of short stories, mainly because I feel like they don’t answer all my questions about the story or characters. I’m also not the biggest fan of reading books where you get thrown in to the life of an established couple, usually for the exact same reasons as why I’m not a big fan of short stories. This book, however, is an exception. The established couple route works in this story, as we get enough information about the characters to understand why they are together, ho ...more
Lena Grey
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Reid is trying his best to get into the spirit, but without the familiar cold, snow, evergreens, and holly, he is having a difficult time. Reid tries not to show it, but he can't help being a little homesick. For his boyfriend, Graham's, sake, he tries to put on a good face.

Reid's work as a shark researcher keeps him busy. He's developed an AP called Surf Safe; it notifies swimmers of sharks in the area, h
Eliza Leone
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommendation: If you read Percolation, Poetry, and Passion by Sanders then this story will tick all the boxes you got there and more. Wet, Hot, Australian Christmas is fine writing filled with loveable moments, hunky characters, and a passion that pours from the pages!

Reid is an American shark researcher on a mission to revolutionize the way sharks are treated in Perth. It’s Christmas time, and being away from home starts to take a toll on his cheery holiday spirit and his boyfriend Graham has
Jo Newton
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet romantic story! I was a little apprehensive about it because, well, sharks are terrifying to me. Sharks were in the book and Reid worked with the sharks but they were mostly in the background. It was mainly concentrating on the technology to track sharks to make it safer for both the shark and swimmers in the ocean. It was a brilliant idea that I wouldn't mind seeing come to fruition in the future. Imagine how many lives could be saved? How sharks reps would improve! That's what the ...more
Diverse
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july-2016-reads
This is such an adorable and sweet novella. Being from America I’ve never experienced an Australian Christmas. I grew up with white Christmases and below freezing Decembers. I felt for Reid. It must be so hard to acclimate to the change and get into the holiday season.
But through all this, through Reid and Graham falling deeper in love, finding the holiday spirit, and mothers, they are also trying to find a shark that Reid adores and has gone missing.
This was so freaking cute but over too soon
Tracy Nelson
Apr 01, 2016
Riayl
Sep 23, 2015
A.V. Sanders
Sep 24, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-work, lgbtqiap
Heather
Amy
ReeDee
Dec 19, 2015
A.V. Sanders loves and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. She shares her home with her husband, two cats, and tropical aquarium fish. She is an avid hoarder of Halloween decorations and inconsequential information. When writing science fiction, mystery, horror, and romance with LGBTQ main characters, she can be found staying up all hours of the night listening to endless sets of EDM music. She i ...more