Start by marking “Reclaiming His Past (Smoky Mountain Matches, #8)” as Want to Read:
Reclaiming His Past (Smoky Mountain Matches, #8)

Reclaiming His Past

(Smoky Mountain Matches #8)

No Possessions, No Memories, Not Even a Name!

The wounded stranger found on Jessica O'Malley's property has no idea who he is. And Jessica would be foolish to trust him after being proven so wrong about a former suitor who turned out to be a criminal. But Jessica's wariness toward the newcomer is soon turning to interest…and hope.

Until he knows his true identity, "Gra
Published February 9th 2016 by Love Inspired (first published February 1st 2016)

Tima
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jessica steps outside of her barn to find a man who has been badly hurt. He barely makes it into the house before collapsing. The doctor questions him and finds he has amnesia from a bad bump to the head. Now Grant, the name they chose for him, is trying to heal physically while he desperately hopes he won't find out he's a criminal. Jessica likes Grant, but can't trust her emotions after a previous suitor fooled her so badly and caused pain for her entire family.

This was a fun read. The charact
Kav
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I do love a good amnesia story -- and this one is excellent. Especially since it's the hero, 'Grant', who is afflicted. It leaves him uniquely vulnerable and at the mercy of his beautiful rescuer. And don't expect to find out who 'Grant' really is early on in the story -- the author leaves us in the dark until very close to the end. Makes for some great romantic tension. How can 'Grant' pursue Jessica when he knows nothing about his past? He can't help be drawn to her though and an uneasy friend ...more
Melanie
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
I'm very surprised that I didn't love Reclaiming His Past. I usually love amnesia stories, but for some reading the characters in this one didn't connect with me.

I really struggled with it in the beginning and only started to like it near the end (when the story started to pick up, in my opinion). Maybe if I would have read the previous books in this series I would have enjoyed the book more.

I did like the mystery of who he was and if he would ever get his memory back. That was really interest
Hazel Robinson
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope this series never end

I love this series, so happy that Jessica O'Malley finally got her prince. Grant was found on the O'Malley farm injured and with no memory of who he was. He felt in his heart that he was a good person but he didn't know. But GOD knew, God looks at our heart. This story had doubt and reluctant on Jessica's part as well as Grant's. Love this author and this series. Hopefully there will be other books based on this town.
Karen Peale
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last OMalley

I have loved this series-The family and the setting. I read a review months ago that made me hesitate to read this book. I'm glad I didn't listen. I will miss this Smokey Mountain series for sure. It developed well, pacing was good and I loved seeing the family come together.
Mariah H
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it.
Sherry
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Jessica O’Malley finds a badly wounded stranger on her property, she and her mom nurse him back to health. The trouble is, he doesn’t remember who he is or anything about his life. Is he a good guy or bad? Jessica knows better then to trust a stranger. She did that once and found he was a criminal and she won’t make that mistake again. Not knowing what to call him, they settle on the name Grant. Grant is very drawn to Jessica but until he knows for sure who he is he can’t think of getting i ...more
Yvette (bookworlder)
It is 1885 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, when Jessica O'Malley finds a man on her farm, beaten and with no memory. As he recuperates, choosing the name of Grant Parker, she finds herself caring for him but unable to trust due to a past betrayal. Grant, in turn, finds himself caring for Jessica but, not knowing his past, unwilling to pursue a relationship.

The idea of amnesia has long fascinated me and since reading a nonfiction memoir of amnesia, fiction that incorporates it in the storyline really a
Books and Spoons
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A story filled with drama and puzzles, mystery, and faith that carries through all the struggles and the unknown.
The amnesia Grant is suffering from, brought both worry and humor into the tale. When a wounded stranger shows up to your door, it is with a weary mind and distress Jessica opens her home to him.
I enjoyed the few joyful moments, when they are coming up with the stories what could be Grant's past. But the constant worry of the reality, the fragile balance they were holding on to, that
June
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. I thought the other books in this series were great. I totally loved this book that ends the Smoky Mountain Matches books. I hope we do get to revisit some of these characters in books about the townspeople that the author mentioned a desire to write.

Jessica has lost her ability to trust men. She's been deceived and her heart broken beyond repair. When she finds an injured man outside of her house, she isn't happy at all when her mother insists he must stay while he heals.

Having no memory
Rhonda
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Good clean romance. Lots of drama, mystery in this Love Inspired Historical. This is the last book about the O'Malleys.

The plot is a wounded stranger is found on Jessica O'Malley. Jessica is not too trusting of his not remembering anything. Her mother makes him welcome. Grant does not even know his name and the name is one he chose.

Grant has to figure out what he believes. If he is married, good or a bad guy. He hates being dependent on the O'Malleys.

Jessica is the last single O'Malley. S
Bonnie
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reclaiming His Past a Smoky Mountain Matches series by Karen Kirst. A stranger ends up on Jessica and Alice O'Malley's property. He was stabbed and beaten. He can't remember who he is or anything about himself. Jessica and her mother, Alice take him in. The man and Jessica came up with a name for him. Grant Parker. Jessica and Grant end up having feeling for each other, but Grant knows he can't get close to Jessica because he knows nothing about his past. If married with children or what he did ...more
Alisha Grant
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
loved reading smoky mountain matches series about the o'malleys family. enjoy this with its realistic amensia situation of grants n recovering from grieve n guilt of Jessicas. would love to read stories about Grant's brother Aarons story n the woman that captures his heart n Sofies brother will n the mysterious cafe owners has me curious as to their backstory n the cafe waitress. so do not want to leave gaitlinburg its a fun visiting this community
Kirsty Pearce
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A complete sucker for romances which include the element of amnesia, not to mention my deep love for Westerns, this first book by Karen Kirst did not disappoint. Weaving a believable and compelling love story, along with an earnest sense of family, the spiritual lessons were also seamlessly embedded and relatable. A very enjoyable read!
Lynsay
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved, loved, loved.
Crystal Brothers
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I've enjoyed the entire series (some more than others), and this book was one of my favorites from it.
Candice Domerese
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good, quick read with a sweet ending.
Sarah Vanscoyoc
Aug 06, 2016
Dolores Para
Aug 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Reclaiming His Past by Karen Kirst --> April 11, 2016 7 7 Apr 12, 2016 10:17PM

• The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas
  • The Lawman's Oklahoma Sweetheart (Bridegroom Brothers, #3)
  • Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
  • Mail-Order Mistletoe Brides: Christmas Hearts / Mistletoe Kiss in Dry Creek
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Mail Order Mix-Up (Boom Town Brides #1)
  • Would-Be Wilderness Wife (Frontier Bachelors, #2)
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • The Outlaw's Redemption (Charity House, #6)
  • Journey of Hope
  • Family of Her Dreams
  • The Runaway Bride
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, #1)
  • Winning the Widow's Heart (Prairie Courtships, #1)
Karen Kirst was born and raised in East Tennessee near the Great Smoky Mountains. A lifelong lover of books, it wasn't until after college that she had the grand idea to write one herself. The pursuit of her dream would take longer than she first anticipated...years, in fact. In the fall of 2010, she got the happy news that Harlequin Love Inspired Historical wanted to publish her manuscript-a true ...more

Smoky Mountain Matches (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • His Mountain Miss (Smoky Mountain Matches, #3)
  • The Husband Hunt (Smoky Mountain Matches, #4)
  • Married by Christmas (Smoky Mountain Matches, #5)
  • From Boss to Bridegroom (Smoky Mountain Matches, #6)
  • The Bachelor's Homecoming (Smoky Mountain Matches, #7)
  • The Sheriff's Christmas Twins (Smoky Mountain Matches #9)
  • Wed by Necessity (Smoky Mountain Matches #10)
  • The Engagement Charade (Smoky Mountain Matches #11)