Start by marking “Odd Socks” as Want to Read:
Odd Socks

Odd Socks

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  130 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Suki and Sosh love their life. Each day they go to work together on their pair of feet, and each night they snuggle together in their sock drawer. But then disaster strikes: Sosh spots that Suki has a hole. Darn it! Sure enough, his warm, woolly wife starts to unravel, until one day Suki is nowhere to be found. The rest of the underwear warn him not to go it alone – no one ...more
Published January 7th 2016 by Andersen

To ask other readers questions about Odd Socks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Odd Socks

Julie
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
A friend who also happens to be a co-worker at the Library was excited to share this book with me! I ran down to the Youth Services dept. with a skip in my step delighted for a new book experience! This book totally charmed me! In fact, you could say that it socked it to me! I love the fact that the story is written from the sock's point-of-view. It is quintessentially British and I may just have to purchase a copy to share with the future grandkids I dream of having..........
Kimberly
A manic, silly romp.
Mehsi
Odd socks is a lovely, sweet book about a pair of socks and what happens when they lose each other because of a hole.

It happens to everyone's socks, one day they get a hole, and what do you do with your socks then? Throw them away? Save them? Do something else with them? With this story in mind, I might not throw one of them away, but instead both of them, or save them.

Because in this story the socks are in love, they are partners, and it was super cute to see them talk, to see them enjoy their
Suzanne Kunz Williams
This book illustrates the love of a husband sock to a wife sock. We love his love and dedication. It's fun to see things through the eyes of a sock

talking points: How does seeing things through another person's eyes help us understand and love them better? What can we do to treat our socks better? Should we always listen to advise from others? How can we tell if advice is good or bad to follow?
Steph
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Gomez
I'm not usually a big fan of stories that feature inanimate objects or food as characters. This book is cute, though. I like the loose, sketchy, colorful illustrations. The rhyme is fun, with just a few hiccups. And the ending is a pleasant and playful surprise.
Barbara
As most of us know, socks come in pairs--except when they don't.In this amusing picture book from England, two socks are madly in love, a match made in fabric Heaven. Suki and Sosh do everything together, but one day, Suki realizes that she has a small hole in her toe. The hole continues to grow, and then to Sosh's dismay, his beloved Suki disappears. After searching desperately for her, Sosh has a series of adventures, but everything works out in the end as the couple is reunited, having been r ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Nov 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-recommended
Robinson, Michelle Odd Socks Illustrated by Rebecca Ashdown Holiday House, 2016. $16.95 PICTURE BOOK Content: G.

Suki and Sosh are a pair of new socks that are married. They love being on their humans feet and doing all the fun things that the human does. One day they are separated, but Sosh wants to find his wife and after much looking he finds her in a craft bin, where she has been turned into a sock puppet. Eventually Sosh and Suki are both sock puppets and happy again to be together.

This bo
Cynthia Daniels
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A pair of woolly socks, Sosh and Suki find themselves in a great sock drawer of a home and soon being worn on the feet of a young child who lives there. The child gives the pair of socks quite a workout, but the socks are content as long as they wind up together in the sock draw each night. Just when everything is going good for the wintery woolley socks, Sosh finds that Suki has a hole right where the child's big toe would be. The other veteran single socks tell Sosh that his mate will soon fal ...more
Stephanie Tournas
Cute rhyming picture book from the point of view of a pair of socks.
Dolly Anderson
I really enjoyed this very unique tale of a pair of socks whom are meant for each other. When one goes missing the other searches looking everywhere possible for his mate. That is until disaster hits and he finds himself at the mercy of the family pet. There's a cute little twist that happens.

Young children will easily relate to a story about socks, as they wear them most everyday and I feel that it can easily fit in to a child's imagination that socks have feelings. The story also presents to t
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
This is such a sweet story about a sock couple. They are in love and determined to stay together, but something happens that threatens their happily ever after...Suki gets a hole and goes missing!!!! Sosh won't stop until he is back with Suki. The ending of this story is so very sweet and lovely. Parents and kids alike will enjoy this book so very much. The illustrations are so very sweet, vibrant and spark imagination. A delight to read-a-loud to kids of all ages. A great story about the power ...more
Teresa Bateman
Aug 10, 2016 rated it liked it
In this very British book young readers meet Suki and Sosh--a happily married pair of socks. When Suki gets a hole Sosh despairs. Then Suki disappears. Is he destined to be an odd sock? The horror! He searches for his love everywhere, including the dust bin. When he is damaged by the family dog he figures all is lost, but a delightful solution awaits that will keep Suki and Sosh together for many years to come. This is a rhyming story with bright illustrations, sure to tickle young readers.
Heather
Dec 16, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016
Sentient socks-a pair in love-determined to stay together-even when the wife sock begins to unravel, their love does not. If you liked the Toy Story movies, you'll enjoy the saga of the socks. Despite the over the top love story, the ending is a good way to talk about reusing and re-purposing everyday items rather than sending them to the landfill. The book would work better as a one-on-one read-aloud rather than a group storytime.
Beckie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-connor
A really sweet story about a pair of socks that gets seperated when one gets a hole in it. The other searches high and low and gets damaged in the process, only to be reunited with his mate in the end in the cutest way. Loved the story idea and the illustrations of this one. Another brand new book from the library that we were first to check out.
Cindy Dobrez
Nov 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Another answer for where lost socks turn up, written as a tragic love story with a happy ending. I think these socks are destined for even more fun in their repurposed life together. Vibrant, whimsical art adds to the fun.
Kelly
Great illustrations. Colorful. It was a cute little story line, but I don't know if I would have emphasized the husband/wife element that much. However, I can see where a child with a conventional family unit could understand it.
Julie
Nov 30, 2016 marked it as children-s
Odd, what else can I say?
Jennybeast
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Aaaaaaaah! a sock book that ends in sock puppets!!!! How entirely excellent, and extra awesome.
Jacki
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Too long for storytime but cute.
Edward Sullivan
Socks in love.
Kate Hastings
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Grades 2-5. A fun book to use with reduce/reuse/recycle and for art and creativity. A pair of socks are perfect together, but one night Suki goes missing. Their lives will never be the same.
Miss Megan
Mar 04, 2016
Karen
Jan 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
When I'm not up to my knees in nappies, I write children's books. I also spend a fair amount of time eating chocolate. I try to write funny, read-aloud books that parents will enjoy as much as children - after all, if you have to share the same stories umpteen times, you may as well enjoy them.
I hope you like my books enough to read them umpteen times. Thank you - Michelle.
More about Michelle Robinson